PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for (a possible) Project Cars 3

muerteh 650
12-03-2018, 10:33
Hi,I know it's too early to talk about 3 but you could give ideas for the next saga. :D
More cars + cars from previous sagas PC and PC2
More tracks:street tracks,nascar tracks,tracks classic...
More modalities :rally..
More brands:volvo,seat,alfa romero...
Leave your ideas.;)

Invincible
12-03-2018, 10:42
Hi,I know it's too early to talk about 3 but you could give ideas for the next saga. :D
More cars + cars from previous sagas PC and PC2
More tracks:street tracks,nascar tracks...
More modalities :rally..
More brands:volvo,seat,alfa romero...
Leave your ideas.;)

Those are car and track requests :p

It is indeed a bit early. It wasn't even stated IF there will be a 3rd iteration.
But if there is, I think loose surface should be a standalone game, so they (the devs) can focus on tarmac racing for Project Cars 3 and maybe release RallyX, Rally stages and such stuff as a separate game.

Alfisti
12-03-2018, 13:00
Very simple IMHO.

Don't add any content, if anything take some away, then;

- Fix the UI, it's horrible. Font is a nightmare to read, too small, timing is poor, settings are a mess, the whole things needs a re-think
- Fix the remaining bugs, still some there, particularly the settings and Assists changing at will which is hugely frustrating
- Make it drivable with a controller

Done.

Konan
12-03-2018, 13:15

I only play with a controller and it is very driveable for me...

CassielLight
12-03-2018, 13:23
Very simple IMHO.

Don't add any content, if anything take some away, then;

- Fix the UI, it's horrible. Font is a nightmare to read, too small, timing is poor, settings are a mess, the whole things needs a re-think
- Fix the remaining bugs, still some there, particularly the settings and Assists changing at will which is hugely frustrating

Done.

In other words, slap a fresh coat of paint on it, make the game they should have made in the first place, tape a bigger number on the box, and charge full price admission? Dude, who the heck do you think these guys are, EA Sports?!

Thank goodness they aren't. I'd rather have a title that misses when aiming for the stars, than one that hits the bullseye when shooting from six paces.

muerteh 650
12-03-2018, 13:37
Project Cars ,I like the saga from its betas, I hope they do not change their way of thinking and creating ;)That they remain as they are for a long time.:D

Alfisti
12-03-2018, 13:45
In other words, slap a fresh coat of paint on it, make the game they should have made in the first place, tape a bigger number on the box, and charge full price admission? Dude, who the heck do you think these guys are, EA Sports?!

Thank goodness they aren't. I'd rather have a title that misses when aiming for the stars, than one that hits the bullseye when shooting from six paces.

I don't/. The game is a mess, 6 months later and still littered with issues. They bit off too much, refine what you have.

Invincible
12-03-2018, 13:52
I don't/. The game is a mess, 6 months later and still littered with issues.

That's your opinion, but many beg to differ. Especially your point reg. the UI - I like it and I really don't think it is hard to read.

muerteh 650
12-03-2018, 14:00
I have both and the interface of the 1 was drier but the 2 is much better everything is learned from the above, the rest of the games change their interfaces of their sagas ;)my post is dedicated to new things for the future mistakes have another site in the forum;)

Tank621
12-03-2018, 14:18
I only play with a controller and it is very driveable for me...

Indeed, I play 95% of the time on controller (default settings) and it is fine for me

Mad Al
12-03-2018, 14:26
Man who admits he can't drive with triggers wants SMS to somehow make controller play better..

I can't play guitar, I can't play keyboards, I can't touch type (annoying as I spend all day at a computer keyboard), in fact, I have all the dexterity of a two toed sloth, but I somehow manage fine with all analogue inputs on a controller...

Alfisti
12-03-2018, 14:33
Man who admits he can't drive with triggers wants SMS to somehow make controller play better..

I can't play guitar, I can't play keyboards, I can't touch type (annoying as I spend all day at a computer keyboard), in fact, I have all the dexterity of a two toed sloth, but I somehow manage fine with all analogue inputs on a controller...

It was fine with PCARS1, i wasn't the fastest guy but podiums were not uncommon. it doesn't help that the assists appear to be completely random, they switch off randomly and if the car is set up for assists then it's game over.

Andrew_WOT
12-03-2018, 14:35
Add per car FFB save. :p

Mad Al
12-03-2018, 14:59
It was fine with PCARS1, i wasn't the fastest guy but podiums were not uncommon. it doesn't help that the assists appear to be completely random, they switch off randomly and if the car is set up for assists then it's game over.

No, it was actually less accurate ABS/TC modelling in PC1, that probably made it easier... running ABS at the full 600Hz made it really smooth. I appreciate there is an issue with the driving aids switching around a bit (I just use realistic aids and don't tend to mess with them much), it's being looked at.

Blaulicht
14-03-2018, 19:15
The game is very driveable with a controller. I actually have a couple of Car/Lap records driven with a controller.

Thinking about PCars3 is way too early now imo. There is still a lot to work on in the current game like improving AI(got a lot better in recent patches though), adding a offline championship (no idea why this isn't in the game since the release; they are mandatory in sims imo) and improving sound.

Raklodder
14-03-2018, 21:34
They probably should finish Project Cars 2 before they consider making a 3rd game.

Robhd
14-03-2018, 21:43
They probably should finish Project Cars 2 before they consider making a 3rd game.

Wise words...

hkraft300
14-03-2018, 22:23

Seems you havenít played since patch 2.

I don't/. The game is a mess, 6 months later and still littered with issues. They bit off too much, refine what you have.

You keep blaming game issues for your lack of ability/understanding. Itís obvious from all your posts. You donít play pc2 any more and stick with gts but keep coming on this forum to shit on this game. Good work.

muerteh 650
14-03-2018, 22:27

A game is not done in a month if there are plans already being created PC 3;)

muerteh 650
14-03-2018, 22:42
Yes,I play with command and I do not complain as much as many of this forum, if you do not adapt is your fault, do not throw everything into the game and learn to adapt

Raklodder
14-03-2018, 22:49
Seems you havenít played since patch 2.
70 hours in the last 2 weeks.

hkraft300
14-03-2018, 23:29
70 hours in the last 2 weeks.

I’m jealous!

Come on. It’s pretty sweet since patch 4. Just have to remember to load your setup on the race ready screen or you’re screwed :o

Andrew_WOT
14-03-2018, 23:45
Anyone lookng forward to Fast and Furios from SMS?

hkraft300
15-03-2018, 03:36

I thought that was EA/ NFS realm... not sure if the game was based on the movies or vice versa.

Raklodder
15-03-2018, 08:39
If the game is anything like the movies (which I did love to death...) it's probably going to be an arcade nightmare.

marts.sum
15-03-2018, 09:05
I just really want a pRally game. They have everything they need to make one, just give us some off-road P2P stages, would be amazing. Going to be sad if they never do a rally game on this engine.

Shepard2603
15-03-2018, 09:10
Wrong thread!

I would admire some exotic cars and popular tracks (Viper @ Sebring anyone?).

- A decent setup save structure within Windows where you have a separate folder for each car with subfolders for every track, so you don't have this stupid "This name is already in use"-issue
- Primary and Secondary button mappings
- Saveable controller profiles: When you unplug your wheel and e.g. plug in a Xbox Controller the assignments for the wheel get lost and you have to redo them when using the wheel again. Also for people having not enough buttons on the wheel, profiles with KERS or DRS could be easily setup, saved and used when needed for a specific race.

Andrew_WOT
15-03-2018, 16:07
Wrong thread!

I would admire some exotic cars and popular tracks (Viper @ Sebring anyone?).

- A decent setup save structure within Windows where you have a separate folder for each car with subfolders for every track, so you don't have this stupid "This name is already in use"-issue
- Primary and Secondary button mappings
- Saveable controller profiles: When you unplug your wheel and e.g. plug in a Xbox Controller the assignments for the wheel get lost and you have to redo them when using the wheel again. Also for people having not enough buttons on the wheel, profiles with KERS or DRS could be easily setup, saved and used when needed for a specific race.
Who knows, by they way things work out for Pcars2, it could be the only PCars3 we will ever see.

muerteh 650
15-03-2018, 17:04
PCars is PCars no mixtures .PCars 3 it has to be what is 1 and 2.;)

Pisshead30
16-03-2018, 21:43
Nevermind 3 get everything working on 2, just saddens me to keep coming into the forum reading this is broken that is broken fix this fix that.
No other racing game comes close to what the content and depth PCars2 offers, forget any ideas of 3 and continue improvements for the great game we have

muerteh 650
17-03-2018, 10:53
Nevermind 3 get everything working on 2, just saddens me to keep coming into the forum reading this is broken that is broken fix this fix that.
No other racing game comes close to what the content and depth PCars2 offers, forget any ideas of 3 and continue improvements for the great game we have
If you do not like the post do not write or do not look, but I will not delete it by certain people I am free to put the post I want;)

Konan
17-03-2018, 11:09
If you do not like the post do not write or do not look, but I will not delete it by certain people I am free to put the post I want;)

He wasn't aiming at you...he was just giving his opinion about the OP...:cool:

muerteh 650
17-03-2018, 11:16
He wasn't aiming at you...he was just giving his opinion about the OP...:cool:

aaa ok sorry ;)I misunderstood it, how the post was a mess:(

Cholton82
20-03-2018, 12:14
I would like to see the rules aspect get some love , Meaning a Full working flag system with Full caution Yellows . Indy Car and racing on ovals is just crazy without these and massively unrealistic , its like a death race.
Nords Tourist route would be welcome like on AC .
And one other thing that I wish to see abolished is shattering windscreens on race cars .
Lets not introduce lots of new stuff and just build on what we have so that when the game releases it hits the ground running.

ScaredDuck
20-03-2018, 13:36
Current touring car series.

Career mode starting options limited to entry level only.

Better tutorials and videos access directly through game menus.

consoles versions a custom livery and wheel editor.

Option to be just a driver and a pro active ai engineer that sets the car up based on your feedback and telemetry

Non scripted weather in career.

Ai career progression in career. With relevant ups and downs in form. Based on how the ai performs in races. To many mistakes resulting in poor results would lead to loss of ride and only getting offers from lower ranked teams. Would actually like that for human player also.

No one stays at the top off their game forever. Ie schumacher, tiger woods, various lazy ass footballers on huge salaries

Alfisti
20-03-2018, 15:43
I was yelled down for saying "just refine it" but see i do have some company in this opinion. There is SO MUCH content that it just needs tweaking, it needs a shed load refinement though.

ScaredDuck
20-03-2018, 16:10
SMS have a good base now. Id be annoyed if they didnt build on it. Keep what is good, refine the rough bits. And either drop what Hasn't worked or replace if necessary with something new. I see no reason to go mental.

muerteh 650
20-03-2018, 18:38
I would like to see the rules aspect get some love , Meaning a Full working flag system with Full caution Yellows . Indy Car and racing on ovals is just crazy without these and massively unrealistic , its like a death race.
Nords Tourist route would be welcome like on AC .
And one other thing that I wish to see abolished is shattering windscreens on race cars .
Lets not introduce lots of new stuff and just build on what we have so that when the game releases it hits the ground running.

The crystal would not touch it is the realism of the destruction, as much as it breaks into pieces:)PC would not have to be an arcade in destruction,for that you have the option of whether you want destroyed or not;)

Cholton82
21-03-2018, 08:00
The crystal would not touch it is the realism of the destruction, as much as it breaks into pieces:)PC would not have to be an arcade in destruction,for that you have the option of whether you want destroyed or not;)

I'm sorry , I have read that multiple times and I still don't really get what your saying. I think we are talking about the shattering of windscreens on race cars which I said was unrealistic as they are not made of glass and therefore should not shatter .
Please don't think I am being rude I just can't quite make out what you said :)

muerteh 650
21-03-2018, 12:26
I'm sorry , I have read that multiple times and I still don't really get what your saying. I think we are talking about the shattering of windscreens on race cars which I said was unrealistic as they are not made of glass and therefore should not shatter .
Please don't think I am being rude I just can't quite make out what you said :)

Yes, there are cars that have plastic windows but there are other cars in the game that are older. And the cars on the street do break the windows. There are many types of cars in the game with different damages in real life. The game has looked for something intermediate.:D

Cholton82
21-03-2018, 15:00
Yes, there are cars that have plastic windows but there are other cars in the game that are older. And the cars on the street do break the windows. There are many types of cars in the game with different damages in real life. The game has looked for something intermediate.:D

Now I get you , But still stand by my opinion however will change my wording slightly. Modern Race cars have no place for windscreens breaking like glass , It shouldn't happen and should be changed for PC3 should there be one.

Hre220
29-05-2019, 15:20
Fix Quailfing cold tyre issue

Fix Championship adding driver once started
Put strong line in career mode is driver / Manager
Livery editor for consloe and drivers helmet as well with logos
DLC track pack ie just add tracks (More Aus/NZ tracks More F1 tracks old and new )
Racing series need (Class of cars )
Super Touring /LTW
TCR more
F4
F3
F2
BMW compact cup
Hyundai Excel series
Porshce super cup
DTM
SuperGT