PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else got this “look issue”

Chrislowski
12-03-2018, 12:45
Driving in 3rd person view the camera just keeps moving to the position that looks directly down on the car, I use the right “look” stick to return it but it keep randomly snapping back to that view.

In cockpit view the driver keeps looking right up, same as above I nudge the rick stick in the opposite direction to stop it but it just does it again.

Controller seems fine it’s not happening in other games. I’ve turned the game off now it’s unplayable.

Mon Pavion
12-03-2018, 13:45
Cant say I have heard of this issue before. I do not use a controller (except in setup when naming setups so I can capitalize certain things) so I can't say I have ever had this type of issue, but I have not even heard of this one reported by anyone else.

Did you submit a bug report?

Zaskarspants
12-03-2018, 13:47
Perhaps increase dead zone on the offending stick.

Mon Pavion
12-03-2018, 13:50
Also, your platform says PC. This is the Xbox forum. I am assuming you are on Xbox? If so are you XB1 or XB1X?

Remember the more detail you can give on the issue the better.

Does it happen with all cars or just certain ones? Does it happen in all sessions (practice,Qualify,race)?
All tracks?
All game modes?
Online only or offline?

Try and give as much detail as you can when asking about an issue or bug.

Chrislowski
12-03-2018, 13:56
Also, your platform says PC. This is the Xbox forum. I am assuming you are on Xbox? If so are you XB1 or XB1X?

Remember the more detail you can give on the issue the better.

Does it happen with all cars or just certain ones? Does it happen in all sessions (practice,Qualify,race)?
All tracks?
All game modes?
Online only or offline?

Try and give as much detail as you can when asking about an issue or bug.

Ah I’ve only just joined I’ll try and change platform, yes Xbox one.

I’ve onlt tried race and quali and it happens in both, sometime the view changes to the extreme, sometimes it just shifts slightly, no pattern that I can tell. It happens across classes too, and I’ve had it on all 4 tracks so far today. All races are offline.

I’ll try and post a clip later today if that helps.

Regarding bug reporting, how do I go about that? When googling reporting bugs I was advised to do that here.

Mon Pavion
12-03-2018, 14:17
Ah I’ve only just joined I’ll try and change platform, yes Xbox one.

I’ve onlt tried race and quali and it happens in both, sometime the view changes to the extreme, sometimes it just shifts slightly, no pattern that I can tell. It happens across classes too, and I’ve had it on all 4 tracks so far today. All races are offline.

I’ll try and post a clip later today if that helps.

Regarding bug reporting, how do I go about that? When googling reporting bugs I was advised to do that here.

Actually, I think on this forum there is no official way to submit a bug report. Thats my mistake, I confused this forum with Elite Dangerous forum (which I am also posting on right now...while at work...trying to look like I am busy...and not f'ing around on video game forums). Maybe add "Possible Bug?" the the subject line to grab attention of Devs

Chrislowski
12-03-2018, 16:23
I can’t post videos yet as I’m a new member lol I tried

Chrislowski
12-03-2018, 17:16
Ok I can’t post a link as I’m a new member but if you look on YouTube for “projects cars 2 Xbox one bug chrislowski” you will see the video it’s first in the results

Mon Pavion
12-03-2018, 17:21
Yeah thats really weird. might have to get used to cockpit or roof cam.

Here is the link to OPs video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Whuk4unbA

Chrislowski
12-03-2018, 17:27
Hey thanks for posting that... the problem also happens in cockpit view. Its driving me crazy.

Ofnir4
12-03-2018, 18:30
Have you done a hard reset of the xbox ? Firmware update on the controller ?

I don't think you have faulty controller, it looks like the game thinks top down is your camera view and is trying to recenter as it does.

If when you are stationary the camera doesn't tilt but does so with speed then it's the camera system.

Try it out, hard reset (holding home button on both the controller and console for 3-5 seconds) your xbox and tell us. Thanks.

Juiced46
13-03-2018, 21:52
Try a different controller. This is the easiest option to diagnose this issue. I had this same problem with a worn right stick where it would make games like COD slightly move on its own or racing games cause the camera to do what it is doing. It would drift ever so slightly

Chrislowski
18-03-2018, 13:29
UPDATE:

It was the controller, for some reason it was only happening in PC2 but now getting the same issue in other games.

Good excuse to buy the Thrustmaster ��

Mon Pavion
19-03-2018, 18:58
UPDATE:

It was the controller, for some reason it was only happening in PC2 but now getting the same issue in other games.

Good excuse to buy the Thrustmaster ��

Couldnt help but notice that Juiced46 has one for sale in his sig right above your post lol. I have the 458 Italia and overall I am pretty happy with it. Its a good wheel that doesn't break the bank.

Juiced46
19-03-2018, 22:33
Couldnt help but notice that Juiced46 has one for sale in his sig right above your post lol. I have the 458 Italia and overall I am pretty happy with it. Its a good wheel that doesn't break the bank.

....and I will let it go cheap! lol

I upgraded to all Fanatec stuff and a rig so I do not need it anymore. But it worked very well for me.

Chrislowski
26-03-2018, 18:15
Ah thanks I wish I’d have seen this post earlier, I’ve already bought the Thrustmaster tmx now.