PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 and RANDOM career weather

HockeyNick30
13-03-2018, 21:31
First off, don't castrate me for asking this because I did a search on the forum and this is the most relevant post I've found: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39768-Career-weather&highlight=Random+weather

BUT, if I were to do the same career championship season multiple times (for example, the Tier 1 World Endurance Series), is the weather scripted, or would it actually be random weather like Codemasters' titles?

Asking for a friend :o

OddTimer
13-03-2018, 22:34
The weather in career is scripted. What may happen is that let's say the next race will be in the rain. When you play it, it may rain at the beginning of the race. Then you play it again and it may start sunny and only start raining towards the middle or end of the race.

HockeyNick30
13-03-2018, 22:41
Ok, so the same weather will happen in the same races season after season. That's rather unfortunate. Thanks for the info!

Lord of the Racing
20-03-2018, 06:06
Having the chance to get it random shoukd be a very great improvement for the off-line game. Repeating a season and find ever and ever the same weather conditions on each track is really unrealistic and frustrating. Alternatively give at least the chance to change the weather conditions manually.

ScaredDuck
20-03-2018, 07:44
I can only imagine sms scripted the weather in career because having a random weather program created to many issues when spread out over so many classes and tracks.

sisollazzo
20-03-2018, 16:27
Yes thats really bad. The gameplay of the career mode need a lot of improvement

Mahjik
20-03-2018, 16:52
Yes thats really bad. The gameplay of the career mode need a lot of improvement

You make it sound like SMS are incapable of having random weather in career. They are perfectly capable of doing so, but they choose not to. It was a deliberate decision for how it's implemented.

sisollazzo
20-03-2018, 18:34
That is a worst case. They can but they dont want. Why!!!????
I like the game I playing it every evenig but the gamplay in the career need improvement. I can repeat this unendless. I hope some one will understand this. SMS can start to randomize the weather e.g.

simsimsheree
20-03-2018, 18:46
I would think that scripted weather the FIRST time you do a series is a good idea, to allow parity between the players, comparison purposes, and to make trophies comparable (who would want to compare trophies against someone that lucked into perfect weather all season when you had had nothing but rain and snow? LOL).

But I think SMS could enable random weather for when you REPEAT a series after you have completed it the first time. That doesn't strike me as difficult to implement...

Mind you, as has been shown in other threads, SMS's current 'random' weather is heavily weighted to rain and bad weather, which isn't necessarily an accurate comparison with real weather at real tracks. Perhaps it might be better to fix the weighting of bad weather BEFORE we go asking for random weather in Career events? LOL

Mahjik
20-03-2018, 18:46
That is a worst case. They can but they dont want. Why!!!????

Mainly has to do with achievements. Random weather could make some achievements more difficult for some, but not others since it would be "random". It also has to do with career progression, so everyone has the same experience (i.e. predictable). I'm not saying everyone will agree, but those are some of the decisions that were made (i.e. SMS didn't just pick the idea out of the air without thinking through it).

Javaniceday
20-03-2018, 18:49
Mainly has to do with achievements. Random weather could make some achievements more difficult for some, but not others since it would be "random". It also has to do with career progression, so everyone has the same experience (i.e. predictable). I'm not saying everyone will agree, but those are some of the decisions that were made (i.e. SMS didn't just pick the idea out of the air without thinking through it).

I so wish we could at least get the option. I would go back to career mode if I knew that the weather was gonna be different. For now I'm at least enjoying multiplayer and single races immensely.

simsimsheree
20-03-2018, 18:52
Let's hope SMS revisit this. I think scripted for the trophies and achievements, THEN unscripted for repeat attempts is the best of both worlds.

Parity for Achievements, then variety for the future. Win/win!

HockeyNick30
20-03-2018, 22:07
Let's hope SMS revisit this. I think scripted for the trophies and achievements, THEN unscripted for repeat attempts is the best of both worlds.

Parity for Achievements, then variety for the future. Win/win!

+1 for that idea! I find it hard to simply do "one-off" races where I could choose random weather because, to me at least, it doesn't feel like the race means anything after it's done. The points earned go nowhere. I could honestly care less about achievements, I'm on the sim to race since I can't do it in real life. Think of it like Franchise Mode on any other sports game.....one race among a group of races is part of the bigger picture!

sisollazzo
21-03-2018, 11:06
May be bay pc3