PDA

View Full Version : Puddles not displayed on PS4 and Low graphics PC

CSL-Drive
14-03-2018, 03:15
So I just checked both PC with low graphics and PS4 version, most of the puddles are not displayed, even tho they are certainly present. On max graphics 1080p, on pc, every single puddle is displayed and visible, very clearly and graphically. In my opinion, even the depth of them on certain tracks as they grow deeper and stretch over the course of time, is clearly visibly simulated, displayed live. Which is really amazing to see and witness, that such a thing can be simulated.

It is pretty important to be able to see the puddles, incase racing on puddles is allowed in real life (I don't know if that would be a red flag or not).
Although I do recall Fernando Allonso purposefully driving on a puddle once to cool his tires during an intense rainy wheel to wheel race in gp2.

Maybe a clear warning to the player of not being able to see some important details of the dynamic evolution of the track, like on rainy wet conditions, when such graphical features are lowered or disabled, would be a helpful implementation to the graphical options. As I myself know not which specific graphical option or options are responsible for this graphical feature of being able to visually see where every puddle begins and ends, dynamically and live during races. As I only know that on max graphics they are displayed, which personally for me is good enough. However, I assume that others may possibly find it helpful to know which graphical feature is responsible for the clear graphical respresentation of the dynamic evolution of the track during any given race.

----
tested on scotland Ginetta 40 junior. Double rain, max weather progression.
Greenwood ireland karting. Double rain, max weather progression.
And greenwood ireland karting, career race, heavy cloud and rain, sync to race, 5 laps. (the huge puddle on last corner grows over the course of the last 3 laps.)
Even This huge puddle on greenwood ireland, were not displayed in any way, graphically, on both ps4 and low graphics pc.

Tested on PC low graphics, and high graphics and Playstation 4.

BigDad
14-03-2018, 10:59
It funny because i just posted this very thing in another thread

"Could we please have a detailed list of what settings disable what? For instance, if we run medium track detail what is missing and just what the levels are per setting, not just track detail though, a list for all settings would be awesome.
I can't see a difference between High and Ultra track detail and going from Medium to High i only see more trees and spectators but to know what is actually changing would be great so we know what more to optimize on our systems for max effect in VR."

Hopefully someone with some inside info will chime in with setting detail levels !

Zaskarspants
14-03-2018, 11:14
This is odd, about the ps4, puddles on xb1 appear as expected.

CSL-Drive
15-03-2018, 08:06
This is odd, about the ps4, puddles on xb1 appear as expected.
Hmmm, that is strange indeed, although I did test it on a playstation 4 slim. Only very small, random puddles. The big ones that affect the car, not visible on the ps4 slim for sure, and neither on the low graphics on pc. For now atleast.

CSL-Drive
15-03-2018, 08:09
It funny because i just posted this very thing in another thread

"Could we please have a detailed list of what settings disable what? For instance, if we run medium track detail what is missing and just what the levels are per setting, not just track detail though, a list for all settings would be awesome.
I can't see a difference between High and Ultra track detail and going from Medium to High i only see more trees and spectators but to know what is actually changing would be great so we know what more to optimize on our systems for max effect in VR."

Hopefully someone with some inside info will chime in with setting detail levels !
I wonder, how high is the hertz of a VR? And Field of View. And what is the resolution?

I noticed the low Hertz of my 4k monitor, 50hz, takes a toll on my eyes, constantly trying to focus on the blurry vision when moving around corners. Not super bad, but this did get me interested in High Hertz.

My friend had a really good website, I think it was possibly nVidia related, where you could slide images of games to compare graphical settings. If something like that exists for Project Cars 2, handy to post one here.

CSL-Drive
15-03-2018, 12:56
I did some more testing and I have absolutely no clue what determines puddle display, it's so strange, that I woulden't even be surprised if shadow detail determines the puddle display. I get a different result everytime, unless I absolutely max everything out to the absolute max, only then do I FULLY see the complete stretch and depth of the puddles. I got a bubble in my puddle, oh yeah. I guess the low resolution is worth the puddle... And the bubble. in the puddle... I think I made my point clear.

BigDad
15-03-2018, 14:43
I did some more testing and I have absolutely no clue what determines puddle display, it's so strange, that I woulden't even be surprised if shadow detail determines the puddle display. I get a different result everytime, unless I absolutely max everything out to the absolute max, only then do I FULLY see the complete stretch and depth of the puddles. I got a bubble in my puddle, oh yeah. I guess the low resolution is worth the puddle... And the bubble. in the puddle... I think I made my point clear.

Clear as mud, lol
At all settings I tried puddles looked the same but just with less reflections.
Now sure what's changing the puddles either.

Keena
15-03-2018, 14:59
Its not a function of the ambient temperature and amount of precipitation is it? ;)

Just my little joke.. :)