PDA

View Full Version : Bad stuttering as AI are pitting

Mon Pavion
14-03-2018, 13:37
Sorry if this issue was brought up before.

Last night in single player career race in Prototype C at Circuit of Americas the race started dry and started to rain about half way through. As the field of AI started to come into the pits for wets, the game would stutter really bad. It would freeze for like a second or so then continue. It would do this more than a dozen or so times over the course of a lap or two. Once everyone had pitted, it smoothed out and stopped.

This is post patch 4. Is this a known issue? I am on XB1X.

Richie Padalino
14-03-2018, 14:17
Sorry if this issue was brought up before.

Last night in single player career race in Prototype C at Circuit of Americas the race started dry and started to rain about half way through. As the field of AI started to come into the pits for wets, the game would stutter really bad. It would freeze for like a second or so then continue. It would do this more than a dozen or so times over the course of a lap or two. Once everyone had pitted, it smoothed out and stopped.

This is post patch 4. Is this a known issue? I am on XB1X.

Yep, happens with me, every time.

OddTimer
14-03-2018, 19:17
And me. The more AI cars pitting at the same time the worse it gets. It would be great if we had an optionike the pc does, so you only see your crew. Can a mod pass this to Devs please?

Mon Pavion
14-03-2018, 19:19
I wonder if changing the graphics mode to enhanced framerate would help? Like maybe that would free up some processing power? I don't really know how it works.

I have only used enhanced visuals.

OddTimer
14-03-2018, 21:43
I've tested all 3 modes. The issue is present in all 3. The worse it gets is when the weather changes and all of a sudden most AI cars have to stop at the same time. Things get pretty slow!

Ixoye56
15-03-2018, 00:19
I have noticed this at Donington before patch 4 as well.

OddTimer
15-03-2018, 15:28
I have noticed this at Donington before patch 4 as well.

it is probably still there. There hasn't been improvements on this front on 4.0.

Hammerpgh
22-05-2018, 19:22
I noticed this in the IndyCar at COTA as well but it's only with AI and not in multiplayer with other human drivers. Not noticed it at any other track so far though.

OddTimer
23-05-2018, 14:34
It still happens in 5.0. I've seen it in many tracks. It would great if mods could pass this on to SMS. Maybe the option to allow only the player's crew to be visible can be implemented? It's been on PC since launch.

Does anyone know if this happens on PS4 as well?

ShneebnaMRR108
26-05-2018, 13:50
This lag was happeneing to me also in MP without any weather cycles. Just as someone pits, it lags, usually right at the worst time you'd want it to.

Shoemaker
07-06-2018, 13:17
Still an issue post patch 6. Basically do not expect sms to either acknowledge or fix the issue. Put up and shut up seems to be the only answer !

Hammerpgh
14-06-2018, 22:01
I had this happen last night in an online Vintage F1 race running the Lotus 49 at Watkins Glen. One of the other drivers reported that he was pitting just as I was exiting the long sweeper onto the back straight and the game lagged and the car turned right into the wall ruining my race... surely there must be something that can be done to prevent this happening.

I'm on the X.

ShneebnaMRR108
15-06-2018, 13:56
Similar experience for me also in same race. As I was going thru the sweeper, (without any difficulty) another driver announced, "I just spun it", and at the same time my car went from effectively turning through the sweeper, to just going straight off track, as if it had a mind of it's own.

Getting a developer to look at these issues with as much detailed user data as possible supplied will help in their investigations. But stating things like "Put up and shut up seems to be the only answer !" is less than helpful.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but data and related facts are certainly more beneficial.

OddTimer
15-06-2018, 16:22
Can this be passed to Devs please? On pc you can choose if you want to see yours or the AI crew, this should fix the prob.

Sankyo
15-06-2018, 16:44
The devs are looking into it.

OddTimer
15-06-2018, 22:59
The devs are looking into it.

Thanks Sankyo! ;)