PDA

View Full Version : Pagani Nightlife Invitational - Bad Setup, Really Difficult, or Flat Out Impossible?

rules
14-03-2018, 16:39
I struggle with a bunch of races but eventually find the right setup and at least place third. However, I haven't seen a lot of talk about this race in particular.

Out of the three available cars, the Zonda R is the only one that's even remotely driveable without huge setup overhauls. The other doesn't turn into corners no matter how many tweaks I make and the other one spins out in every corner.

The problem is that I can't place any higher than 10th place. The only point in the race that I can actually overtake any cars is right in the beginning, and that's quickly negated by a poor turn.

I would say that I could conceivably place 5th if I try and try and hope for an unlikely pileup. However third seems out of reach for a podium finish. At tenth place, which seemed to me like a pretty decent run, I was 28 seconds out of third. That's forever. And I had no real crashes or anything.

What am I doing wrong? Can any setup save me or do I just suck? I am running 60/50 difficulty if that matters, and I'd rather just fail than lower the difficulty and call it a win.

Rusky
14-03-2018, 16:52
When you mentioned turning can you break the corner down for us a little, is corner entry, mid corner or corner exit your having trouble with.

If its understeering on corner entry then you could either start with the differential or look at the roll bars, soften up the front by a few clicks and see if it helps. Opening up the diff a bit might help if you are a little heavy footed and looking to tame any corner exit oversteer.

Untill you break it down a bit for us then the advice will probably be quite general.

rules
14-03-2018, 17:19
Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it's either turning in or mid turn. When I see a turn, brake, and then turn the stick, it just feels like the car takes forever to actually turn. Just feels like it's turning in slow motion. I've tried loosening the setup to turn quicker and that sort of works with the Huayra and the Zonda but then it just spins out from the rear unless I'm braking super hard. Then if I brake super hard, I get overtaken at every turn.

Rusky
14-03-2018, 17:24
It sounds like you might need to play around with the speed sensitive steering option in the controller menu before touching the car setup because if your saying that the wheel turns slower than the stick then it might be this option to look at first.

Im not fully sure as i use a wheel but id bet this option is proberbly somthing that will be worth exploring :-)

rules
14-03-2018, 17:32
It was at 95. Let me play around with it a little bit and see how it goes. To be honest, never even thought about messing with the actual game settings. Thanks!

rules
14-03-2018, 18:25
I managed 8th place and 18 seconds out of first. That definitely helped. Thank you so much. Let's see if I can get a lucky start and hope for a wreck and I'll be on that podium.

blinkngone
14-03-2018, 18:31
No one has really figured out the Revolucion in TT on the PC platform. Most run Default and the few tuned attempts are only for a few tenths over Default so you are not alone. For me I tried using the Clutch LSD and was never able to come up with a combination of preload/clutches and ramps that didn't feel notchy on turn in and corner exit. Instead I am using a combination Geared and Clutch that feels smoother to me anyway. Picked up 5 tenths on my previous PB with no other changes. I agree with Rusky that front roll bar is too stiff as well.

rules
14-03-2018, 18:42
It makes me feel a lot better that it's not just me. If you get a chance, could you show me how you have your differential set up? I have a compulsive need to at least get a podium finish so I can never race this car ever again.

Edit: I am blind. You just did exactly what I asked. Thank u!

Rusky
14-03-2018, 19:07
I managed 8th place and 18 seconds out of first. That definitely helped. Thank you so much. Let's see if I can get a lucky start and hope for a wreck and I'll be on that podium.
Thats awsome mate! Glad i could help you out a bit, unfortunately the dark art of setup building is nothing less than trial and error.

Go grab that pole!

rules
14-03-2018, 19:32
Just ran a perfect race and only managed sixth. LOL. I think that's it for me. Nailed every turn, every overtake, perfect jump. It's not getting better than that.

blinkngone
14-03-2018, 20:25
Just ran a perfect race and only managed sixth. LOL. I think that's it for me. Nailed every turn, every overtake, perfect jump. It's not getting better than that.
Congrats! Time to move on.:D

Voodoochild
23-03-2018, 14:14
i downloaded a setup from top time trial lap and used it to get an almost effortless 2nd place. car was totally stable.

blinkngone
23-03-2018, 14:49
i downloaded a setup from top time trial lap and used it to get an almost effortless 2nd place. car was totally stable.
Good for you, congratulations! I think the OP has his difficulty higher than you, which is fine, you can lower the difficulty to suit. I don't think he was aiming at your 7:13.980 pace.

rules
23-03-2018, 15:13
please do tell! this is one of the few races that i abandoned having not at least gotten onto the podium.

blinkngone
23-03-2018, 16:06
please do tell! this is one of the few races that i abandoned having not at least gotten onto the podium.
What time did you run in your race?

rules
23-03-2018, 16:21
it was in career...is there a way to look back on it?

blinkngone
23-03-2018, 20:00
it was in career...is there a way to look back on it?
Sorry, I don't know. I assume you just used the Default AI settings, based on those I would assume the AI lead cars would be putting in times in the high 6 minute to low 7 minute range considering the WR time of 6:20.659 with the Revolucion at Nordschleiffe.
I can only run Silverstone National so I picked the C7.R and ran a race with identical cars there using the Default AI settings and the lead AI ran a best lap of 56 seconds and I have the WR at 53 so I came up with a % and used that to figure out the approximate AI time for the Default AI at Nordschleife with the Revolucion. I'm just approximating.:D

rules
23-03-2018, 22:09
your approximation was right. i think my lap time was in the low seven minutes.

Voodoochild
26-03-2018, 11:18
Good for you, congratulations! I think the OP has his difficulty higher than you, which is fine, you can lower the difficulty to suit. I don't think he was aiming at your 7:13.980 pace.

i just want to point out that my pace is the result of my (lack of) skills and (lack of) knowledge of the track. The setup was excellent (kudos to whoever did it, I'll write his name if I remember to check it when i'm back home) and the car perfectly stable and drivable, while @rules was complaining that "the Zonda R is the only one that's even remotely driveable without huge setup overhauls".
That setup can achieve a much quicker laptime than the one i was able to set. :)

blinkngone
26-03-2018, 13:33
i just want to point out that my pace is the result of my (lack of) skills and (lack of) knowledge of the track. The setup was excellent (kudos to whoever did it, I'll write his name if I remember to check it when i'm back home) and the car perfectly stable and drivable, while @rules was complaining that "the Zonda R is the only one that's even remotely driveable without huge setup overhauls".
That setup can achieve a much quicker laptime than the one i was able to set. :)
You did great! The AI can easily run very good times at some tracks depending on the difficulty used, the OP had his set to high for his pace, you had yours better suited to yours. Most of the top TT times are Default, or with minor mods, so you did very well in achieving your results, I wouldn't minimize your own contributions.:D