PDA

View Full Version : Online Lobby Getting Stuck Between Qualifying and Race

Hootius
14-03-2018, 17:40
My league is on its second 12 Race season under Project Cars 2. We did not have this issue at all in the first season. This seems to strictly have started happening since the last patch. It happened on our Preseason race 2 weeks ago, and our race last week and on this past Tuesday night. Each race has been set up in this manner:

Online Lobby (not championship mode)
Private w/ Broadcaster
17 people in the lobby. 16 racers and 1 race director.
Non DLC cars and Non DLC tracks, GT3 class.
No practice, 15 min qualifying and a lap assigned race.
Quali and race assigned same starting time of day

After qualifying, the screen will go to the recap and show everybody's laps and standing so there's no problem there. What happen's though is we get a never-ending rotating circle in tje bottom right corner (with no percentage value to it) and the option to go to the ready screen never pops up for the race director. Each time, we've had to make a new lobby with just race only, and invite people in for the order that they qualified. We have had absolutely no connection issues for those race lobbies that normally run about 45 minutes. We originally thought that if somebody disconnected during qualifying and came back in, that's what was making the lobby freeze. Just last night for our league race, nobody disconnected at all and we still had the same issue. With me being the host, I also make sure that nobody in the lobby has a red ping.

Has anybody been experiencing this at all the last couple weeks?

Also for the sake of not having to make a second thread in case a moderator reads this, there's also the issue from broadcaster mode that once qualifying or the race ends, the spectating scoreboard goes out of whack and start showing the same driver in the same position all across the board once somebody crosses the line. The final result scoreboards are perfectly fine, so it's not a deal-breaker it's just a bit of a nuisance..

Rafaellongbeach
14-03-2018, 20:32
hi, we have a championship in Brazil and we face a terrible issue with desconnections. We have a average of 20 - 30%disconnects in each race with 50 players dividedt into different lobbies. Do you have the same problem? (disconnects?)

Hootius
14-03-2018, 20:37
Nope. We have not really had any issues with disconnections, minus a random one here or there.

The issue is just stated above, This is 3 weeks in a row where our lobby has froze up after qualifying has completed and will not move forward to the race. It acts like it's hung up on one driver and will not move forward unless that driver leaves the lobby. Which lead us to believe that if somebody disconnected during qualifying, that was the reason. But the last race it happened with nobody being disconnected at all.

Hootius
18-03-2018, 12:59
Just one last bump to see if anybody else has noticed this issue in regards to a full race lobby and it freezing every time between qualifying and the race since the last patch (this was not an issue pre-Patch 4). Wondering if there's just some trick to it that we can use to get around. There's a theory that maybe if somebody's in the set-up menu when the timer hits zero that could cause it to bug out? Just wondering if anybody has thoughts or advice.

SCClockDr
18-03-2018, 15:07
@Hootius
If your mates are interested in some troubleshooting try setting a lobby with differing host to see if it replicates. Then try with 1 less participant rotating through the list to see if 1 participant alters this behavior. Also try changing the qual time, drop the ready pause, etc. Painful but might lead you to the cause of your difficulties.
Discord, Skype are great resources for this type of effort as you all stay in communication through the process.

Joenestrike
19-03-2018, 14:41
Yes this is (also) an issue for us: Stuck to continue also host can't continue: Before patch some people would get kicked and game would continue to load to race.
Now it's stuck with the rimmed wheel (bottom right corner). Particular people quit the game (close application) and the game continues loading... (from the Netherlands here, on both PS4 and Pro version) Various ISP's.

Hootius
19-03-2018, 14:59
Thank you for the feedback, nice to know we are not the only ones with this issue. Hopefully this can get looked into.

simsimsheree
20-03-2018, 21:47
GT Sport has a nice little ping (or connection strength, no-one's really quite sure!) indicator in their Sport Mode lobbies. There's something similar in PC2, but either EVERYONE has a bad connection, or I generally only ever see myself as the one player with a 'green' triangle.

Perhaps there is a way for SMS to better display ping/connection strength, etc.?

But, in the meanwhile, if you are doing league stuff, I'd certainly take a screenshot of the lobby where the ping is displayed, then try to correlate that with reports of who got disconnected or froze. You may have to ask those with lower than average connection strength triangles to leave for a race, and see if the issue goes away.

On the whole, in GTS, generally a 'one red bar' (the lowest it goes, from one red up to five green) driver is going to lag. Sadly, though, PD don't use that info to auto-kick a driver incapable of not lagging. I'd have thought that was a good idea (though it would suck for the poor connection player!).

Joenestrike
25-03-2018, 21:05
Yes this is (also) an issue for us: Stuck to continue also host can't continue: Before patch some people would get kicked and game would continue to load to race.
Now it's stuck with the rimmed wheel (bottom right corner). Particular people quit the game (close application) and the game continues loading... (from the Netherlands here, on both PS4 and Pro version) Various ISP's.

More info:
When we restart the session and add all the players often the audio of the in game chat all players get muted, just before the track loads and session starts.

simsimsheree
28-03-2018, 02:16
More info:
When we restart the session and add all the players often the audio of the in game chat all players get muted, just before the track loads and session starts.

Have you tried asking all players to turn off their microphones (and disconnecting them) before you start the room and leave them off?

I often wonder if the increased bandwidth of carrying up to 16 players' audio simultaneously can make an iffy connection less stable. It might be worth checking if disabling mics helps room stability.

leeroy98
02-04-2018, 12:00
We had this issue with our league races recently since update exactly the same problem. we have come to the conclusion it's either race director or Broadcaster or both that's the problem when we race with no director or broadcaster no issues host can continue to race

Hootius
02-04-2018, 21:38
Yeah with me as the host, we never really had connection or lag issues or anything like that, and I would also broadcast with no problem. It's all been since the new patch. Last week we tried the race with a different host, and it went perfectly fine, there was no hang up. So I'm wondering if it has to do with the host of the lobby also trying to be the race director that's causing it to lock up.

simsimsheree
02-04-2018, 21:41
Is anybody in your League on a PS4Pro? Have you tried seeing if they can be host and Race Director without issues?

And where are you seeing everybody's connection status (the red/green triangle to the right in lobby)? Is the host/director in the red?