PDA

View Full Version : No animated wheel only option without driver arms?

seriousnuub
14-03-2018, 20:12
Most if not all sims allow you to have no wheel, wheel only or wheel and hands and both animated. In PCars 2 it seems there's wheel and hands or nothing?

AbeWoz
14-03-2018, 21:42
correct

MRCK1
14-03-2018, 22:41
I prefer wheel only and I workaround strange SMS devs logic by "Ctrl + K".

belaki
14-03-2018, 23:19
correct

Since when? My config is wheel only. Has been that way since PC1.

That said, I'd still like an option for no wheel at all.

AbeWoz
14-03-2018, 23:36
Since when? My config is wheel only. Has been that way since PC1.

That said, I'd still like an option for no wheel at all.

it gets rid of wheel and driver *unless* the car's steering wheel has the MoTeC display built into it, then the wheel remains but is static.

seriousnuub
15-03-2018, 11:31
I prefer wheel only and I workaround strange SMS devs logic by "Ctrl + K".

Sorry can you clarify what you mean by Ctrl + K? My understanding was that's it's wheel + hands only and if turned off it's no wheel at all unless the car includes a Motec screen on the wheel and if so the wheel appears but is static.

[EDIT] Ah ok I guess you mean Ctrl + K to access driver view shortcut keys using the numpad etc. I have all FOV and seat controls mapped to buttons so that isn't an issue. Just having the wheel to appear in cockpit view and be animated without driver arms is the issue as it's not possible it seems.

MRCK1
15-03-2018, 13:19
Sorry can you clarify what you mean by Ctrl + K? My understanding was that's it's wheel + hands only and if turned off it's no wheel at all unless the car includes a Motec screen on the wheel and if so the wheel appears but is static.

[EDIT] Ah ok I guess you mean Ctrl + K to access driver view shortcut keys using the numpad etc. I have all FOV and seat controls mapped to buttons so that isn't an issue. Just having the wheel to appear in cockpit view and be animated without driver arms is the issue as it's not possible it seems.

Hood cam + "Ctrl + K". The fov can be a bit different then regular driver cam even if its set to the same value as driver cam, but it can give u driver pov with wheel only (animated of course).

belaki
16-03-2018, 03:46
Yup, that's what I mean. But, as I said, I'd really like a no wheel period option as I run a glass cockpit external to the game and don't need the Motec displays either. Not a big deal, especially as I set FOV/POV to place the windscreen at the same distance from my wheel and instrumentation screens (approximately) as they would be when in the physical car, in which case the in-game wheel is generally hidden from view. Am I nuts? Sure! But I find it to be more immersive than the 2-D-ness of the in-game cockpit. Besides, at my age I'm entitled. :-)

seriousnuub
16-03-2018, 08:15
Hood cam + "Ctrl + K". The fov can be a bit different then regular driver cam even if its set to the same value as driver cam, but it can give u driver pov with wheel only (animated of course).

Okay so you can enable wheel + hands (which is the only option) and using the hood cam option pull the FOV back so it appears like you're in the cockpit and the wheel will appear animated but without driver hands, really? :confused: Or have I misunderstood? I must test it then ;)

The thing is I use TrackIR (don't have $ or hardware for VR) and in PCars 2 on PC you run in Steam VR mode, select Helmet cam and adjust the FOV accordingly. You can also just turn off the helmet options so no helmet or fogged up helmet visor appears. And it functions okay. It suffers from the no wheel or wheel + hands only option though. And TrackIR wont function in hood cam mode.. oh boy it gets complicated :topsy_turvy:

Why the didn't just enable proper well view options like every other game I just don't understand. Same with the LEDs in the Porsche 911 GT3 R/RSR, not fully implement so the vertical traction LEDs don't illuminate, there wasn't time to finish it? And Porsche signed off on this??