PDA

View Full Version : FFB Issue in Multiplayer Session

Hammerpgh
14-03-2018, 20:23
Really enjoying the game post patch 4 but I had my first experience of multiplayer side of the game last night and had the following odd experience.

As soon as I left the garage I could feel that there was no or very little FFB from my wheel (TX). Went back to the garage and moved a couple of the sliders hopping this would kick it back into
action but on track again and still nothing. Back ot the garage again and this time I unplugged my controller, switched off my wheel, switched the wheel back on and then plugged the controller back in. Went back out on track and WHOA!!! Massively heavy wheel.. I could barely turn it and in doing so almost pulled it off the desk clamps.

Again back to the garage and with a few trial and error adjustments I eventually got the wheel and FFB to something that I could race with. I had to dial the forces back by about half of what they were for my offline sessions.

Does anyone else find this FFB behaviour when online? I had got it just about to my liking for the offline mode of the game but canít see why that should need changing for online!!

Cheers

Thrustmaster Italia 458 TX and pedals
Xbox One (standard not X)

transfix
14-03-2018, 21:43
Did you happen to open your Xbox guide before it happened? I had this happen a couple of times and saw that it occured once when I opened the guide to add a friend and the other when looking at achievments. Either way it happened when accessing the guide.

I just restarted my wheel and it was fine.

Hammerpgh
14-03-2018, 22:00
Did you happen to open your Xbox guide before it happened? I had this happen a couple of times and saw that it occured once when I opened the guide to add a friend and the other when looking at achievments. Either way it happened when accessing the guide.

I just restarted my wheel and it was fine.

Well strangely enough my guide kept on opening all on its own... Kept popping up even when I wasn't touching my wheel or pad. But its never happened offline just in that multiplayer session which was my fiirst.

A racing buddy said it might be because I had my controller on when I fired up the game but I usually do that anyway and never had it happen before.

Trudd
29-03-2018, 08:23
Yesterday I ran two races online with a handfull of people and some ai. One at Laguna Seca and one at Watkins Glen GP. Both with a Ferrari 488 GT3. I ran with the ffb settings (TX wheel) Raw G40,V30,T60,FX60, but had major problems keeping the car on the tracks. I mainly had an issue with spinning in corners. In short I was terrible and felt bad for the other people participating.

I first attributed this to me beeing too familiar with the Formula X at Laguna Seca, and at Watkins Glen that I usually only run the short version of the track. After racing I went straigt to the same races (and same general settings) offline in quick race, just to see if I could improve. I thought it would be the ffb settings that were wrong since a very recently changed to the mentioned settings. However right away I set lap times 3-4 seconds quicker than I had been in the online races, and when trying to push I really had to struggle to be able to spin the car in the corners at all, and I ended up around 5 seconds faster on both tracks. A bit frustrating as ffb setting are hard enough to get right offline. Now I may have to worry having seperate setting for online races.

I really hope it was a temporary problem and will check this further. I'm interested though if anyone else have had this or similar experience?

Hammerpgh
03-04-2018, 14:57
Yesterday I ran two races online with a handfull of people and some ai. One at Laguna Seca and one at Watkins Glen GP. Both with a Ferrari 488 GT3. I ran with the ffb settings (TX wheel) Raw G40,V30,T60,FX60, but had major problems keeping the car on the tracks. I mainly had an issue with spinning in corners. In short I was terrible and felt bad for the other people participating.

I first attributed this to me beeing too familiar with the Formula X at Laguna Seca, and at Watkins Glen that I usually only run the short version of the track. After racing I went straigt to the same races (and same general settings) offline in quick race, just to see if I could improve. I thought it would be the ffb settings that were wrong since a very recently changed to the mentioned settings. However right away I set lap times 3-4 seconds quicker than I had been in the online races, and when trying to push I really had to struggle to be able to spin the car in the corners at all, and I ended up around 5 seconds faster on both tracks. A bit frustrating as ffb setting are hard enough to get right offline. Now I may have to worry having seperate setting for online races.

I really hope it was a temporary problem and will check this further. I'm interested though if anyone else have had this or similar experience?

I've always felt that the FFB and general wheel settings were different between online and offline in both pCars 1 and now again in pCars 2. It's a shame that you can't save different FFB profiles rather than having to manually keep a record of them.

AndyE1976
08-04-2018, 18:34
Had this a number of times in online only where the FFB would disappear. Could be related to going in to menus to invite people in.

Killg0re NL
08-04-2018, 19:27
Recently i also encountered the failout of the FFB. Am on PS4 with an T300.

For now trying with the fan 100% on / enabled, to see if that might help, besides that I also encounter that my acceleration pedal sometimes fail to work(midst racing session.)
last time am racing primairly online.