PDA

View Full Version : Manual clutch bug.

g1oomey
14-03-2018, 21:40
On sequential shifter cars, manual clutch is still fully manual.
In gt3 cars for example it doesn't clutch in at all, which is a hard hit on downshifts and can really upset the car if you are using it.

AbeWoz
14-03-2018, 21:41
i have not experienced this in GT3 cars.

g1oomey
14-03-2018, 22:38
i have not experienced this in GT3 cars.

It's there, and visible on telemetry hud, probably a bit engine braking dependent.

AbeWoz
14-03-2018, 22:52
its engine braking.

Azure Flare
15-03-2018, 02:17
That would be the auto blip. (or whatever they actually call that) Modern racecars with paddle-shift gearboxes don't require you to use the gas or the clutch to downshift.

And for everyone else, not everything you don't understand in the game is a "bug" or a "glitch".

g1oomey
15-03-2018, 08:51
That would be the auto blip. (or whatever they actually call that) Modern racecars with paddle-shift gearboxes don't require you to use the gas or the clutch to downshift.

And for everyone else, not everything you don't understand in the game is a "bug" or a "glitch".

Auto-blip works, it just works differently with enabled and disabled auto-clutch, and effect is pretty big.
EDIT: Effect just varies depending on engine braking, that's just a guess though.

VtecYo
15-03-2018, 11:04
Sorry I don't want to make an extra thread for my issue so I post it here. I have experienced that when you take an street car with sequential stransmission configuration and have the option "auto clutch on" you get the weird delay when upshifting an the rev is going up and down . You can see in clearly in this video https://youtu.be/F2n7XccV_2Q?t=1m38s. I can fix this problem when I just toggle the "auto clutch off" but then it disable also the autoblip. And then it's very difficult to downshift while turning the because whole car getting upset. The strange thing is, all race cars dont have this issue GT3 GTE etc. and they have sequential transmission

g1oomey
15-03-2018, 11:30
Sorry I don't want to make an extra thread for my issue so I post it here. I have experienced that when you take an street car with sequential stransmission configuration and have the option "auto clutch on" you get the weird delay when upshifting an the rev is going up and down . You can see in clearly in this video https://youtu.be/F2n7XccV_2Q?t=1m38s. I can fix this problem when I just toggle the "auto clutch off" but then it disable also the autoblip. And then it's very difficult to downshift while turning the because whole car getting upset. The strange thing is, all race cars dont have this issue GT3 GTE etc. and they have sequential transmission

That's exactly what i'm talking about, there is also difference on race cars, clearly when auto-clutch is on they clutch in when shifting, it's not huge, but pretty noticeable, especially when downshifting to 1st gear.

AbeWoz
15-03-2018, 11:45
some sequential shift cars (mostly road cars) still require you to use the clutch, or at least close the throttle, when up shifting or downshifting, others, like the GT-R in the video, is actually a dual clutch automatic so you should keep auto-clutch on as the real car does not have a clutch pedal.

GTE and GT3 cars still have a clutch pedal (LMP cars have it on the wheel) that the drivers use to start the car moving from a dead stop (auto-clutch off).

g1oomey
15-03-2018, 12:35
All i'm trying to say it clearly behaves differently on Porsche 911 RSR and some gt3 cars tested, based on auto clutch setting and only, while it should not (from my understanding). Maybe i'm wrong tho, but it is at least concerning.

VtecYo
15-03-2018, 23:51
like the GT-R in the video, is actually a dual clutch automatic so you should keep auto-clutch on as the real car does not have a clutch pedal. Hmm but when I keep on the auto clutch on then I get this buggy deley after every upshift. Sorry but this is nothing like the car behaves in RL. Here another example https://youtu.be/Zoudgq6wR94?t=2m19s. I don't know if it's an engine limitation because this bug is since from day one.

g1oomey
16-03-2018, 09:19
Hmm but when I keep on the auto clutch on then I get this buggy deley after every upshift. Sorry but this is nothing like the car behaves in RL. Here another example https://youtu.be/Zoudgq6wR94?t=2m19s. I don't know if it's an engine limitation because this bug is since from day one.

It's not engine limitation, just a bigger undersight that slipped unnoticed since most people just keep auto-clutch on/off for the lifetime.
Would be really painful to fix tho, cause it's car dependent, and requires quite a lot of code work on top of that.

Keena
16-03-2018, 10:10
It's not engine limitation, just a bigger undersight that slipped unnoticed since most people just keep auto-clutch on/off for the lifetime.
Would be really painful to fix tho, cause it's car dependent, and requires quite a lot of code work on top of that.

Yeah agree with this. Its career mode guys I suspect this applies to. Ive found myself adjusting my gear shift from sequential to H shifter and autoclutch ON and OFF depending on the type of car I'm driving. Formula Rookie to Ginetta Juniors is a good early example of this, and shows why its important it works right as its an early look into the game for a large slice of the customer base.