PDA

View Full Version : Brake assist in real cars?

LibranRabbit
18-03-2018, 09:54
What real cars have Brake Assist that brakes for you before a corner?

Mad Al
18-03-2018, 10:02

Are you asking a proper question, or just asking because you are using the automatic assist and think its wrong..

If the later, then it's simply because it's designed to aid people with no driving experience (and possibly no idea about how you should drive)

If the former, then the answer is several with autonomous driving ability (Tesla springs to mind). There are also plenty which will brake or you in an emergency as part of the Autonomous Emergency Braking systems (collision avoidance system)

LibranRabbit
18-03-2018, 20:09
It was a proper question, I was trying to understand why it's in PC2. I asked if Touristfharten will ever be added to Nürburing and told in no uncertain terms that it won't, so, I'm trying to understand why? I was "told" that PC2 is a Sim and will only have the accurate and correct content.

Mad Al
18-03-2018, 21:08
Being a SIM doesn't exclude having additional driving aids like brake and steering assist.. any more than it excludes allowing full ABS, TC and SC on any car.. There are myriad reasons why they are allowed, not least of which is, it's a GAME and needs to be playable by anyone, no matter what their experience level is... and using whatever input devices they may want to. Fact is turning on brake and steering assist will slow you down, they are like training wheels for a bicycle.

LibranRabbit
19-03-2018, 04:20
As it's a game, as you stated, can we then have"Touristfharten" for Nürburing to save everyone and myself having to go to AssetttoCorsa, when we want to drive with other people who just want to lap.

GenBrien
19-03-2018, 04:52
both things are COMPLETELY irrelevent one to another....

pkcraistlin
19-03-2018, 06:04
stupid argument is stupid.

Invincible
19-03-2018, 08:15
Game does not have Touristenfahrten for the Nordschleife => AC has!
Game has brake assists => Not a sim
Not a sim => Game has to have Touristenfahrten for the Nordschleife

quod erat demonstrandum

:confused::confused::confused:

LibranRabbit
19-03-2018, 09:26
People really need to lighten up, life's short, enjoy it!

John Hargreaves
19-03-2018, 12:39
Maybe you guys can help, I want to turn off damage on my real car like I can in Assetto Corsa, but I'm not sure which knob to press?

yannara
19-03-2018, 12:40

ABS only, if have one. Different car classes in pCars2 different setup. Like discussed, GT3 class have ABS and TC, but Touring Cars do not.

GenBrien
19-03-2018, 15:39
ABS only, if have one. Different car classes in pCars2 different setup. Like discussed, GT3 class have ABS and TC, but Touring Cars do not.

hes not talking about ABS/TC

hes talking about braking assist, wich is the aid that will brake the car for you if you brake too late for a turn

Bealdor
19-03-2018, 16:32
hes not talking about ABS/TC

hes talking about braking assist, wich is the aid that will brake the car for you if you brake too late for a turn

Since this isn't making you faster but just there to keep the novice on track I'm all for adding more accessibility features for newbies. It doesn't have an impact on those who choose to drive with realistic settings anyway.

John Hargreaves
19-03-2018, 17:02
I'm proud of the fact that a five year old kid could have a crack at driving PC2. I don't see how having novice aids makes it less of a sim, it just makes the sim accessible and gives the absolute beginner a start on the ladder. 'Sims' are full of unrealistic stuff anyway - HUDs, no damage/fuel/tyre wear if you want it, so I don't see the point of being snarky about beginners aids.

simsimsheree
19-03-2018, 19:06
Since this isn't making you faster but just there to keep the novice on track I'm all for adding more accessibility features for newbies. It doesn't have an impact on those who choose to drive with realistic settings anyway.

I'm a huge fan of this. In fact, this is an area that SMS could go MUCH further. In truth, this is one of the toughest games for a newbie or migrant from a more arcadey racing game to get into. Setup, tire temps and FFB and AI settings all are critical to get even a baseline enjoyment compared to a 'jump in and go' game.

Trying to keep my criticism positive, can I make a few suggestions?

For starters, the baseline default tunes could be FAR better. Sure, don't tune them so no room for improvement exists, but a lot of the cars in game can be close to completely undriveable for a newbie until a lot of work is done to them. Yes, they will still be tough, but if SMS got the starter player closer to controllable, a lot more new players would possibly stick with the game rather than binning it. Many cars that basically are undriveable for the novice become quite docile given a decent tune. No, don't give them the BEST tune (what is that, after all?!), but I really think the stock tunes could go closer to it.

The game could also offer a beginner aid for track temps and tire pressures. Sure, let the aliens mess with it all they want (I am completely against any newbie aid diminishing the depth of the sim for the experienced player!) but a newbie aid where you set the track temp range for any race, and the setup gives you a pressure that is more appropriate than the stock pressure would help the starter player. The race engineer helps with other aspects of car setup, this could be one added that wouldn't diminish the pros' enjoyment (and newbies more in control of their cars would make online a bit less crazy!).

In fact, a 'Newbie Mode' option in the main options, to automate car setup for track temps and tune, IMHO, would go a long way to attracting players away from more arcadey games. If SMS make the first weeks of a player's experience less technical without such major compromise in handling and tuning detail, I am convinced the player base would explode. Who WOULDN'T want to play this game instead of Forza or GT Sport if it didn't intimidate the novice as much as it does?

Once again, I repeat... NONE of this takes away from advanced options for the already experienced. Please don't accuse me of wanting to dumb the game down..! But a few more training wheels for us newcomers would make the game less frustrating to start with!