PDA

View Full Version : Adding Latency Cockpit camera = More Realistic?

CSL-Drive
18-03-2018, 14:16
If a small latency were to be added to the cockpit camera movement (World Movement 100%), would it be more realistic in terms of cockpit view experience?

Mahjik
18-03-2018, 14:31
Can you expand on what you mean by latency? i.e. what movement are you asking if "that movement would be more delayed would be more realistic"?

Foofer37
19-03-2018, 02:35
If a small latency were to be added to the cockpit camera movement (World Movement 100%), would it be more realistic in terms of cockpit view experience?

I agree.

LibranRabbit
19-03-2018, 03:22
Are you suggesting suspension latency bounce?

BigDad
19-03-2018, 03:28
Are you suggesting suspension latency bounce?

That sounds interesting. Instead of completely fixed we get a delay from wheel impacting bumps to our head/camera movement. I like it.

MaXyM
19-03-2018, 11:53
I cannot imagine a delay. But some lowpass filtering might do the work. It would remove this crazy hight frequency shaking on bumps (like in braking zones) or curbs.

But this way we are goint closer to something which is available in gmotor: head camera physics. Why to try achieve something not natural way, then try hack it, and then hack the hack and still face problems in case corners (like behaviour on bankings) if it could have been done proper way.