PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that has a horrible feedback with the FA ?

TX3 StorM
18-03-2018, 19:39
Hello all ! :)

I wanna talk about the FA car in this game, and I would like to know if you guys also miss the old FA from Project CARS 1, because I really do.

The fact is the car is the total opposite of what it should be like. Indeed, this car is supposed to fit the 2011 FIA ruleset for F1. As far as I know, these cars had a very huge grip thanks to the level of downforce and the blown diffuser, that means the car should be very stable and very quick in the corners although they weren't really that quick in straight lines (except at Monza of course).

However, I feel like the FA in Project CARS 2 has the opposite behavior. It is very quick in the straight lines, even with maximum downforce, yet they have poor grip and they are very loose at the back if you try to counter the poor grip this car has basically.

Even if FA in Project CARS 1 was far from being realistic as you had both insane grip and speed, the behavior of the car was very close though from what we could see in real life. Huge grip, stability, and they were very fast in the corners, so you could enable DRS a lot in one lap.

So I really wonder if the car is going to change in the future or if it's going to stay like this.
I mean, if you drive with the other categories, Indycar for example, they are lovely to drive, the handling seems very close to the real competition, and I absolutely enjoy every single moment when driving such cars, so that's why I feel like the FA car in this game is not what it should be like. Do you guys agree with this ?

KANETAKER
18-03-2018, 20:26
I have also felt very strange. Possibly SMS have tried to emulate the performance of the latest F1 cars but without becoming hybrid and without imitating the design of their chassis and aerodynamics, as well as the engines, although they sound less strong than the Formula A of PCARS1.

Personally, the other racing cars of the game do have a better feeling, as in the case of GT cars and prototypes, but Formula A feel very strange. Maybe that's why there are very few online games with the Formula A cars, while F1 lovers prefer to continue playing with F1 of Codemasters... In fact, I played until F1 2013 and when I wanted to try the Formula A in PCars1 I felt them too rare, which is why I specialized in LMP1 cars.

In a way, I am disappointed with that detail. And the implementation of the fictitious Formula X did not improve the matter. Those Formula X cars were supposed to be extremely fast, but they are just a bit faster than the Formula A... Some of us expected the Formula X to be a kind of SMS response to the RedBull X1 Prototype of the GranTurismo saga. Add to that that not all players know how to take advantage of the KERS system of the Formula X.

TX3 StorM
18-03-2018, 21:27
Yeah I also expected the FX to be very quick, a car that could allow me to get into the 1.30 and even 1.20 at Spa for example, but yeah it's slower than the F1 on Project CARS 1 smh.
However even with the new ruleset with the hybrid engines and so on, those cars shouldn't handle like they do in Project CARS 2.
I loved so much the FA on Project CARS 1, that's maybe the reason why I have become very good on Project CARS 1 and obviously Project CARS 2, it's because I have driven those cars for months and kept improving.