PDA

View Full Version : Why only normal and accelerated tyre wear? Not x2, x3, x4, x5, x10

jamespoly86
20-03-2018, 09:10
It would be nice to have multiple choices of tyre wear as in Project Cars 1 and in GT Sport...
How do tyres last in GT3 with normal and accelerated tyre wear?

AbeWoz
20-03-2018, 10:48
It would be nice to have multiple choices of tyre wear as in Project Cars 1 and in GT Sport...
How do tyres last in GT3 with normal and accelerated tyre wear?

depends on car, track, weather, temps, driving style, car setup.....

softs, if they are within operational window for temps and pressures, should last for 1 stint (1 full tank of fuel), but this is dependent on everything i listed above.

I have never used accelerated wear so I cannot comment on that.

Sankyo
20-03-2018, 10:51
Just a question: how many accelerated wear values would you use in reality?

Keena
20-03-2018, 11:30
This looks like a good thread to ask a question ive been wondering before i restart my career game-
Is accelerated tyre wear applied to AI as well?
Look forward to an informed answer before i hit that button.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Asturbo
20-03-2018, 11:34
One question about accelerated wear. In the UI there only two options, normal & acelerated but in the DS you have more options:

The acelerated wear of the UI what is it equivalent to?

I suppose that x2, but I'm not sure. Somebody knows if x3 or x4 works in the DS?

Javaniceday
20-03-2018, 18:51
One question about accelerated wear. In the UI there only two options, normal & acelerated but in the DS you have more options:

The acelerated wear of the UI what is it equivalent to?

I suppose that x2, but I'm not sure. Somebody knows if x3 or x4 works in the DS?

In the "DS"?

Asturbo
20-03-2018, 19:02
In the "DS"?
DS=Dedicated server

You can configure all these wear multipliers in the server parameters, but it's strange that aren't avaliable in the UI.

PS: That's a capture from the DS manual and I've checked that that options appears also in the API.

Mahjik
20-03-2018, 19:25
Have you checked to see if they actually do anything (i.e. it's possible the options don't actually do anything different than X2)?

Javaniceday
20-03-2018, 19:34
Have you checked to see if they actually do anything (i.e. it's possible the options don't actually do anything different than X2)?

Oooh, DS. You know this is interesting, because PCDC is currently running a Touring Car championship with accelerated tire wear using a dedicated server. I saw the options in the lobby screen, it's set to accelerated, but I'm pretty sure the tire wear is just normal. When doing private testing with accelerated tire wear, the tires wear down. In the races when in the dedicated server, the tire wear is much slower - at what I presume is normal wear.

It might be that not only is it not doing anything if x3 or x4 or whatever is selected, it might be that no tire wear acceleration is happening at all.

Or it might be only for touring cars.

Asturbo
20-03-2018, 20:04
I tried last weekend wit 2x and 3x with no visible difference, so you can be right (no effect above x2). In the web interface appears the same options of the UI of the game.

But if you query the DS, with /api/list/enums/tire_wear responds with the same values of the manual reported before (from "off" to x7).

Perhaps some reminiscence of PC1 not updated in DS of PC2?.

Oooh, DS. You know this is interesting, because PCDC is currently running a Touring Car championship with accelerated tire wear using a dedicated server. I saw the options in the lobby screen, it's set to accelerated, but I'm pretty sure the tire wear is just normal. When doing private testing with accelerated tire wear, the tires wear down. In the races when in the dedicated server, the tire wear is much slower - at what I presume is normal wear.

It might be that not only is it not doing anything if x3 or x4 or whatever is selected, it might be that no tire wear acceleration is happening at all.
I agree with you. I have the same perception in DS, too low wear (as it would be standart wear). If the options are only 3 (none, standart and acelerated), the documentation is wrong, and the parameters we're setting probably are not the correct ones. We are using value of 4 (for x3) or 2 (for x4) and if it don't exist, probably we get standart wear.

I'll test further this weekend. If that options don't work, then must be removed from manual & API. If work, are missed in the UI of the game. I bet for the first option, but we need an update info from the devs of the correct parameters in the DS, because I'm afraid that the documentation is wrong and we're setting up the servers incorrectly.

Asturbo
20-03-2018, 23:52
I’ve made some fast tests. Values from 0 to 4 in the DS, in UI of the game appears like “no wear” but there is wear (don’t know how much). So the right values I think are:

5 - Acelerated wear
6 - Normal wear
7 - Slow wear
8 - No wear

But in the tests, I discover that changing the tireweartype, affects in someway real weather and manual pit stops. I need more test to confirm.
I think values below 4 gives you normal wear.

Javaniceday
21-03-2018, 00:09
I’ve made some fast tests. Values from 0 to 4 in the DS, in UI appears like “no wear” but there is wear (don’t know how much). Value 7 that in the docs is slow wear looks to be no wear. And with 8, I have wear so is also wrong. So the right values I think are:

5 - Acelerated wear
6 - Normal wear
7 - No wear

But in the tests, I discover that changing the tireweartype, affects in someway real weather and manual pit stops. I need more test to confirm.

Jeez... can we have some devs confirm how it actually works? Its amazing your testing this stuff, but man, I wish we knew the rules of how this stuff works, so we knew how to use it.

kevin kirk
21-03-2018, 04:29
For me, on accelerated a hard tire run doesn't last but only around 45 minutes to one hour and the soft tire even shorter than that? That's pretty short as it is.

F1_Racer68
21-03-2018, 11:14
We tested the wear levels when the game first launched because we run accellerated tire wear along with accellerated time (makes no sense to run a 24 hour simulation and not have to pit at least once). With accellerated, the tires will last 30 - 45 minutes depending on the setup and driver. That means 1 - 2 stops per 90 minute race which is fine for us. Depending on the class and the driver and the track conditions the softs will last about the same as the hards, for example GTEs tend to have pretty even usage on both compounds. GT3 on the other hand, not so much....

What we found was that the "Accellerated" option was equivalent to x2 tire wear.

While this works for most of our league races, I have to agree with the OP, that at least a few more options would be nice. We used to run x3 at times in pC1 depending on how demanding the cars were on tires.

Owesome
21-03-2018, 12:59
I always thought that "Accellerated" doesnt contain a fixed value for the tire wear. Its more about how many laps are set for the race.
So if you set the race to 5, 10, or 20 laps, the accelerated tire wear should make sure that it might be better to change tires during the race.
I have never tested this.

Mahjik
21-03-2018, 13:22
For me, on accelerated a hard tire run doesn't last but only around 45 minutes to one hour and the soft tire even shorter than that? That's pretty short as it is.

Depending on your driving, hard slicks should last about 2 fuel stints. Soft slicks should be 1 fuel stint (providing you don't burn them up). If you accelerate the wear, it should last half as long for each.

What we found was that the "Accelerated" option was equivalent to x2 tire wear.

This is correct.

I always thought that "Accellerated" doesnt contain a fixed value for the tire wear. Its more about how many laps are set for the race.
So if you set the race to 5, 10, or 20 laps, the accelerated tire wear should make sure that it might be better to change tires during the race.
I have never tested this.

It's a percentage/multiplier. So 2x the wear.

Javaniceday
21-03-2018, 20:07
Depending on your driving, hard slicks should last about 2 fuel stints. Soft slicks should be 1 fuel stint (providing you don't burn them up). If you accelerate the wear, it should last half as long for each.

This is correct.

It's a percentage/multiplier. So 2x the wear.

What about the Dedicated Server functionality? What setting should be chosen to make sure accelerated tire wear (x2) is on?

Asturbo
21-03-2018, 20:53
What about the Dedicated Server functionality? What setting should be chosen to make sure accelerated tire wear (x2) is on?
I'm at 99% that the value for acelerated wear is "5", but an official confirmation would be welcome.

Mahjik
21-03-2018, 21:06

No idea (I never venture into the DS realm).

peterCars
22-03-2018, 01:37
I'd support 4X and even 8X . I run 20 lap races and manage to not pit on softs . It would be good to have too, and the AI too.

Asturbo
15-04-2018, 10:57
I've made more test after the patch of the values of tyrewear after the patch, and looks that the table of wear of the dedicated server works, but introduces some problems in the UI

For example in the DS the value "7" is slow wear, but in the lobby you see "no wear", probably because this option in not avaliable thought the UI.

Values below 4 are also not supported in the UI and you see "no wear" (but you have wear).

Equivalent to real wear in the DS is value 6 and to acelerated, value 5.

I made the test in practice session, pushing a wall and spinning rear whels during 30". These are the results:

PS: If you change anything in the UI, you get the UI wears, not the DS file wears.

Javaniceday
15-04-2018, 19:04
I've made more test after the patch of the values of tyrewear after the patch, and looks that the table of wear of the dedicated server works, but introduces some problems in the UI

For example in the DS the value "7" is slow wear, but in the lobby you see "no wear", probably because this option in not avaliable thought the UI.

Values below 4 are also not supported in the UI and you see "no wear" (but you have wear).

Equivalent to real wear in the DS is value 6 and to acelerated, value 5.

I made the test in practice session, pushing a wall and spinning rear whels during 30". These are the results:

PS: If you change anything in the UI, you get the UI wears, not the DS file wears.

So, if in the DS, you choose option 4, you will get x3 tire wear (even though it won't show in the UI)? If there's a mismatch between the UI and the DS - if you choose accelerated in the UI but the DS defaults to say, 6 (real), you will in fact get real tire wear?

Asturbo
15-04-2018, 19:26
So, if in the DS, you choose option 4, you will get x3 tire wear (even though it won't show in the UI)? If there's a mismatch between the UI and the DS - if you choose accelerated in the UI but the DS defaults to say, 6 (real), you will in fact get real tire wear?
Yes, you're right. If you set Tirewear=4 in the DS config file, in the lobby properties you see "no wear", but you will have x3 wear. It's very confusing, because you think you don't have wear, and if you change it throught the UI to acelerated, you get x2 again (not x3).

F1_Racer68
15-04-2018, 23:12
Just one more thing that shows the DS got 0 development effort from pCARS1. These tire wear rates are the old pCARS1 DS settings.

I really wish the DS would get the love from the devs it deserves. All this focus and hype around "eSports from day1" and yet the DS which is (in my opinion) a critical element of a true and proper eSports experience is barely being treated as an after thought.

Asturbo
17-04-2018, 07:06
Just one more thing that shows the DS got 0 development effort from pCARS1. These tire wear rates are the old pCARS1 DS settings.

I really wish the DS would get the love from the devs it deserves. All this focus and hype around "eSports from day1" and yet the DS which is (in my opinion) a critical element of a true and proper eSports experience is barely being treated as an after thought.
I've to agree.

There're many options in the DS that still not work. The "ManualpitStop" parameter from DS of PC1 was changed to "PitControl", but it's still in "TO-DO" status. The same with Forceinteriorwiew and RealWeather. You still can't invite friends from a DS session. The setup of the server and the documentation is a nightmare and there isnīt a checksum that avoids you configuring invalid values. And the config sample file, has missing a lot of parameters that you have to add manually..

I don't know why there isnīt an option in web interface of "save setup". It would help a lot.

MaXyM
09-05-2018, 13:46
But Ian has said the game is not broken. It's playable. Nothing to bother ;)

Gav88888
09-05-2018, 14:44
I leave tire wear off now as within 10 laps I find the car under steering more into corners and oversteering more on exit compared to the first few laps on fresh tires. I find that the AI just catches up to quickly once they start to go off but leaving tire wear off makes things even it seems.

I thought softs lasted a while but doesn't seem to be the case, unless the time has anything to do with it. For example if you use real time the tires last ages, but if you use x2 or x5 or x10 then the tires wear out quicker, although the green bars don't go down?

F1_Racer68
09-05-2018, 15:24
I need to perform some thorough testing, but it seems that parch 5 might have broken the "accelerated" tire wear.

In our current season (which started just a few days after patch 5 released) we are finding that the tires seem to last a ridiculously long time given that we run on accelerated wear.

As an example, we just ran a 90 minute race at Catalunya. The race winner in the LMP2 class did NOT change tires during the race. That's 90 minutes (180 minutes simulated) on hard tires in LMP2 with tire wear set to accelerated. That to me seems to not be an accurate wear rate. Track temps were 121F on average.

My plan for later this week is to compare "real" to "accelerated" to properly determine if there is any actual difference. Prior to patch 5 there was no question that accelerated caused the expected increased tire wear (2x). Now, we are no longer convinced.

MaXyM
09-05-2018, 15:49
Even not accelerated tire wear allows tires to last very long.
Recently I did 1h on Nurburgrnig GP in BMW M6 GT3 using single set of tires which did wear only by 24%.
In GTE I can do 2 hours race on hards ending with 50%-60% of wear depending on a track.

KANETAKER
09-05-2018, 18:46
In my case I can only give as testimony my experience with soft and hard tires driving the Toyota TS040 LMP1 after having played 7 long races (of 1 hour and a half duration) in an online league, and comparing the difference of wear between the last patch for PCARS2 and the previous ones. Specifically I will focus on soft tires because for me that would be the clearest reference to notice the difference. In this case I have used the Normal Wear (1X) speed.

Between December and March (after the patch that improved and allowed the use of soft tires also in summer conditions), on most tracks (including Daytona and LeMans) I was able to perform up to 2 stints with very good performance before having have to change the soft tires due to wear. But since March, it seems that soft tires wear out as fast as before, to the extent that in some tracks only a single stint lasts, while on very abrasive tracks (eg Silverstone, Watkins Glen, Hockenheim GP) I can not even complete A full stint due to both wear and the huge loss of performance.

There are cases where the temperature plays an important role, but not only the high temperatures, since I have also had problems at low temperatures where the soft tires continue degrading quickly despite not being able to take advantage of them because they are cold (there is a name specific for that phenomenon but I do not remember).

Although on the other hand, it should be clarified that perhaps another factor could be the extreme settings that have appeared in these first 4 months of 2018, thanks to which many tracks have broken their speed and time records with the Toyota TS040, but As in TimeTrial mode there is no tire wear, it would be understandable why in long-term races these settings can not be served with soft tires. I remember when until February my best time at LeMans was 3:20 - 3:21 and I could calmly complete 2 stints (16 laps or 1 race hour) with a single set of soft tires and being able to push all the time ; but now that my times in LeMans are 3:11 - 3:15 I can only complete 1 single stint pushing the most, while in the 2nd stint I lose performance due to wear despite still having some tread available on the tires.

By the way, I would also suggest that it would be good if those other additional tire wear options (No, Slow, Normal, 2X, 3X, 4X, etc.) were also available to the common user and not only to advanced users who have dedicated servers as if they had privileges, considering that a lot of ordinary users have paid for the Seasson Pass Edition (the most expensive) and so far we have not seen almost any privilege for that, just not having to pay for each DLC at the time of its release, but we do not have the privilege of being able to enjoy them before their official launch.

Also, along with tire wear options, I still do not understand why there are no more options for fuel consumption? We only have Real Consumption and Deactivated Consumption, when we should be able to have options for slow consumption and accelerated consumption (x2, x3, etc.). In this way we would not have to resort to accelerated tire wear alone as the only option to encourage and increase the number of pitstops especially in short races, even an accelerated consumption of fuel would allow players to continue driving to the maximum without having to compromise their performance on the track due to tire wear ... although I think this would be a matter of taste for each league or host, as there are people who like to see more difficulty on the track (ability to control cars with little grip) and there are those who like fast cars all the time.