PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T150 shaking like crazy

johny_chuu
20-03-2018, 19:32
Hi everyone,

I am new to the game and I have a problem with Thrustmaster T150. Recently bought PS4pro with T150 wheel and Project Cars 2. First few days I played career mode with pro-karts. After few days I decided to try my luck online but PS asked me to update Project Cars to the latest version. After the update my steering wheel is undrivable. T150 is shaking like crazy when I am driving on straights or corners. I tried to delete Project Cars and start the game from begining, also updated the wheel and tried to calibrate manually but the wheel continuous to shake like crazy when driving...

I couldn't find answer in the forum so would appreciate some advice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzE6YZomu8

Robhd
20-03-2018, 20:58
Have had exactly same problem on xbox with Thrustmaster TX, have been unable to find a solution to it... Exasperating is the word!

simsimsheree
20-03-2018, 21:07
Did you try completely (not a soft power down) shutting down both your wheel and the PS4?

Sometimes things get weird if you play immediately after an update without a power cycle

johny_chuu
21-03-2018, 06:06
Did you try completely (not a soft power down) shutting down both your wheel and the PS4?

Sometimes things get weird if you play immediately after an update without a power cycle

tried so many variations but nothing worked out..

johny_chuu
21-03-2018, 08:24
Have had exactly same problem on xbox with Thrustmaster TX, have been unable to find a solution to it... Exasperating is the word!

Do you have this problem only in PC2?
Yesterday I sent an email to Thrustmaster support team. Hope that they will solve this problem.
I hope that this is some kind of bug that happens one in a thousand times. I want to improve my karting driving skills in real life and PC2 has one of the best physics on PS4 so I bought PS4 with wheel just to play PC2.
I paid 700$ for a toy that I can't use properly so I am little bit pissed right now :D

foxymop
21-03-2018, 09:21
Do you have another car game you can try?
Don't know if there is some free car game in ps4 that can have a wheel dough.

Did you check the ffb settings? Maybe the went crazy full 100%?

johny_chuu
21-03-2018, 11:05
Do you have another car game you can try?
Don't know if there is some free car game in ps4 that can have a wheel dough.

Did you check the ffb settings? Maybe the went crazy full 100%?

Nop, only PC2..

I tried bunch of Ffb settings and nothing changes except when I decrease Gain wheel gets calmer but with Gain 15 there is no fun to drive.

Rodgerzzz
21-03-2018, 11:36
What about your speed sensitivity, can't remember what menu it's under but I think it's recommended to be set at 45. Might not help one but but might be worth double checking.

GTsimms
21-03-2018, 14:28
What about your speed sensitivity, can't remember what menu it's under but I think it's recommended to be set at 45. Might not help one but but might be worth double checking.

That's not a recommendation for the 45. It's some misinformation. See link.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51351-Force-feedback-explained-Configuration-settings-for-all-cars-and-tips&p=1359245&viewfull=1#post1359245

xtro
21-03-2018, 18:39
johny_chuu try adding 1 degree of deadzone to the steering input that can help solve the oscillation in some cases

johny_chuu
21-03-2018, 20:41
johny_chuu try adding 1 degree of deadzone to the steering input that can help solve the oscillation in some cases

Sorry I am new to these.. Did I understand correctly - I need to increase deadzone in PC2 controls settings?

Robhd
21-03-2018, 21:17
Do you have this problem only in PC2?
Yesterday I sent an email to Thrustmaster support team. Hope that they will solve this problem.
I hope that this is some kind of bug that happens one in a thousand times. I want to improve my karting driving skills in real life and PC2 has one of the best physics on PS4 so I bought PS4 with wheel just to play PC2.
I paid 700$ for a toy that I can't use properly so I am little bit pissed right now :D

Yes only PC2 ... Assetto Corsa, F1 2017' firza 7, Dirt 4 all fine... As i said, exasperating!

xtro
21-03-2018, 23:48
Yes.. its worth a try. Hope that fixes your problem. I think it's the first slider in the controls tab.. but if you have to go above 2 degrees and its not better then your FFB probably needs to be tweaked

johny_chuu
22-03-2018, 07:49
Hello everyone,
yesterday tested the wheel with different settings and find some settings that could be used with my problem..
Firstly tried with kart - Gain 20; Volume 100; Tone 60; FX 90, Raw or informative - with low gain I reduce wheels stupidity but with high Volume and FX I can get back force feedback from wheel.
However wheel still can make some stupid moves when you lose grip in corners. Also settings slightly differs with each car. For example with LMP cars I could increase Gain to 35. I could explain this because LMP have higher grip. Also tested Lancer Evo on RX track and it was undrivable and couldn't find proper settings.

All the time configuration (not force feedback settings) settings I used from this video (only steering deadzone changed to 1 as xtro said but it didn't solve the problem) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8BGTN8Ttw

So my decision is that the wheel is faulted and I will try to change it for new one (have 2 year warranty).

Robhd
22-03-2018, 15:37
Hang on a minute! You see i for one think your wheel is probably fine...

TX users have reported similar issues, me included.... But today i loaded up the old game PC1... Plays lovely, great ffb no jolting, shaking, snapping from lock to lock... So if the wheel plays fine with the original game i suspect the issues are in the game itself... They weren't being reported until after the last patch... Do you know anyone who has a copy of the original game you could borrow and try with your wheel?