PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast in career mode

Razoredge
20-03-2018, 22:27
Why is there no real weather forecast in career mode?

I'm actually in WEC Championship, meaning some longer races (Spa and Le Mans are at least 2 hours races) and of course pit stops... I would like to be able to have a strategy but I never know if it's gonna rain or not.

I would like to be able to say "30 minutes rain expected after 1h race, then clear, I wear soft tires, pit for 30 liters fuel, and pit again for wearing rain tires, then last run with soft tires till end of race!" or "10 minutes light rain then clear weather, so I can take the risk not to pit". But, before the race, I can't know what the weather will be, game is only showing one forecast slot (partly cloudy in my case for Spa). I have to race at least two time the same race to know what weather will be.

I think we should have a better timed weather forecast with approximative chances of rain for example. Just to allow strategy like in real races...

HockeyNick30
20-03-2018, 23:04
For achievement purposes. Everybody needs to be playing by the same "rules" so that there's no fussing about how much easier somebody had it than another while popping achievements.

Cholton82
21-03-2018, 12:40
Why is there no real weather forecast in career mode?

I'm actually in WEC Championship, meaning some longer races (Spa and Le Mans are at least 2 hours races) and of course pit stops... I would like to be able to have a strategy but I never know if it's gonna rain or not.

I would like to be able to say "30 minutes rain expected after 1h race, then clear, I wear soft tires, pit for 30 liters fuel, and pit again for wearing rain tires, then last run with soft tires till end of race!" or "10 minutes light rain then clear weather, so I can take the risk not to pit". But, before the race, I can't know what the weather will be, game is only showing one forecast slot (partly cloudy in my case for Spa). I have to race at least two time the same race to know what weather will be.

I think we should have a better timed weather forecast with approximative chances of rain for example. Just to allow strategy like in real races...

Agree 100 % , something like this:
Chance of precipitation during the race %
Intensity , Light , Heavy
Expected duration........
Moving in from the East etc
Expected time it will hit the track .......

Things that they have in real life

shiftee
21-03-2018, 15:28
especially when the AI seem to be getting handed accurate weather forecasts before the race, as they magically know to put on the wets even though the weather at the top says light clouds and the race starts with 5 dry laps.

This makes it so I have to keep my tires on "assign by weather" so that I get the magic wheels the AI get too. Kind of ruins immersion, I would like to have some strategy and make my own decisions based on a real weather forecast.

I agree 100%, and as an offline career guy this is just another disappointing omission..

Razoredge
21-03-2018, 22:10
Chance of precipitation during the race %
Intensity , Light , Heavy
Expected duration........
Moving in from the East etc
Expected time it will hit the track .......

Things that they have in real life

This is exactly what I want to have : this will allow conservative or risky strategies, for tires and for fuel, for a total immersion...

But if it could "at least" be as it is in multiplayer (with 4 forecast slots) it would already be better.