PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TMX

BACON 1st CLASS
21-03-2018, 02:44
Anyone using this? I have one coming tomorrow until my TX is repaired. Any thoughts?

Ravager619
21-03-2018, 06:06
It's similar to the T150 I was using, except it's made for the Xbox and PC. It's a good entry level wheel, and if you have any of the upgraded pedal sets or the TH8A shifter they will work with it.

Sensenmann
21-03-2018, 06:26
For a bottom tier wheel, it delivers pretty good performance, if dialed in properly. I was running it on Raw at 100/35/17/45, which gave a light, responsive wheel with a fair bit of road feel. I have since switched to a custom profile, which you can try, if you're interested. It is an improvement on a Jack Spade file, and helps pull a lot more out of the wheel. There is still a bit of a dead zone and some cogging, but it is dialed back significantly.

foxymop
21-03-2018, 10:44
The t150 has dead zone in the center?

ecstaticbrick
21-03-2018, 10:46
Most lower end (and some higher end) wheels have a center dead zone but, with a bit of fiddling it can be dialed out or at least masked with FFB.

Voodoochild
21-03-2018, 11:00
i got it, it's a decent entry level wheel, pedals broke down in a couple of weeks though so i had to buy the T3PA

foxymop
21-03-2018, 11:55
"Thrustmaster" and "broke" are two words that always came together. There should be a third. "Junk".

The default pedals are garbage. Not only in performance but also in reliability.

You should have returned the pedals and not buy another ones.

Cholton82
21-03-2018, 12:54
"Thrustmaster" and "broke" are two words that always came together. There should be a third. "Junk".

The default pedals are garbage. Not only in performance but also in reliability.

Had mine since day 1 of Pcars 1 and T3PA Pro's , still going strong :)

Sensenmann
21-03-2018, 13:29
Had mine since day 1 of Pcars 1 and T3PA Pro's , still going strong :)

Similarly, have about 1000 hours logged on mine (between PC1 and PC2), and only recently started to get some belt slip. Considering I got it for $150, 15 an hour is pretty good bang for the buck. Would hardly call that unreliable junk.

Ravager619
22-03-2018, 01:22

My T150 and the pedals that came with it worked fine. I just wanted better stuff.

Voodoochild
22-03-2018, 13:39

Yes i probably should have, but i was already thinking about upgrading the pedals so i went for it.

BACON 1st CLASS
29-03-2018, 04:01
For a bottom tier wheel, it delivers pretty good performance, if dialed in properly. I was running it on Raw at 100/35/17/45, which gave a light, responsive wheel with a fair bit of road feel. I have since switched to a custom profile, which you can try, if you're interested. It is an improvement on a Jack Spade file, and helps pull a lot more out of the wheel. There is still a bit of a dead zone and some cogging, but it is dialed back significantly.

Thank you for your help. I will try them.

deedok
29-03-2018, 12:17
The recent updates have helped the TMX considerably, still a big deadzone for me though.

Sensenmann
30-03-2018, 20:14
Thank you for your help. I will try them.

Here you go: 252412

Make a back up of your original file (for posterity) and then drop mine into your Project CARS 2 folder.

You'll want to tune it to your wheel, and to facilitate this you'll want Skoader's FCM file (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=228198&d=1456283960) (you can find more info about it here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35147-Baseline-Wheel-FFB-Values-Google-Sheet-amp-FCM-Universal/page57) in his thread).

At the top of my file is this section:

# VARIABLES-------------------------------------------
(CThr_Val 0.45)
(Sc_Val 0.67)
(DZ_Val 0.99)
(Bl_Val 0.33)

You'll need to change these numbers to your settings.

The first variable is the compression threshold ala Jack Spade; with hi comp= 0.45, mid comp = 0.65, and lo comp = 0.8. For the TMX and 150 you should just leave it as I have it.

For the next two variables you'll need to run the FCM test (under Wheel option, or hit CTRL F), and once it is done hit the Calculate... button. The linear regression value is your DZ_Val (no need for more than the second decimal place), and the scoop knee is your Sc_Val.

The Bl-Val is the Bleed value in the Relative Output, and is used to set the overall feel of the wheel. I have a formula that keeps everything in a good range, depending on your preferences. In short, the range is 0.0 to 1.0, and the higher you go the softer/smoother the wheel feels (how the torque loads up on the wheel). A 0.1 gives a sharp/stiff feel, where as a 0.5 has a more subtle transition and somewhat squishy feel. Obviously I like mine at 0.33...

Credit for some of the work in here obviously goes to Jack Spade (compression and scrub settings) as well as to Niklas Silen and Rantam for their work on this file (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZeKRO13JUeNUNGNlMwZWw4YUU/view).

This is a WIP, as I will be adding and adjusting to this in the future. Any questions or concerns, let me know. Otherwise, feel free to share, modify, and use it as you need.