PDA

View Full Version : PC2Tuner - Engineering Tune Visualization

Pages : [1] 2

Zeratall
21-03-2018, 21:06

Hey all,

I've recently launched a tool to help bring real world engineering principles into the simulator world.

Often I see people ask for tunes for certain cars on the forum, while this is a good starting point the purpose of the tune is to balance the car to your driving style. If you are taking someone else's tune, unless they drive exactly like you, your not going to be as fast as you could be.

The tool I've created allows you to see the results of adjustments made to the car for example, if you increase your spring rate and do not increase your dampers you are changing more than one parameter (spring rate, and damping ratio) although you physically only made one change. My tool helps you see the effect on the car as a system when you make an adjustment. This was you can balance the car in a way that makes sense to you.

View the RST tuning guide and PC2Tuner examples:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DhZrRuXmcGguaizYS3PSEgboCsqOVk7/view?usp=drivesdk

To see my tool in action check out my YouTube series on using the tool.
https://youtu.be/p6aUgFO1ftA

To read more about the tool, or to understand some of the science behind car tuning check out the link below,
racingsimtools.com (https://racingsimtools.com)

Join the PC2Tuner Discord server to chat about PC2Tuner or ask quetions about how to tune cars. link below:
https://discord.gg/w2MeTey

Charger
24-03-2018, 19:11
Our club RWB racing have been using this tool and I have to say it's a great bit of kit!

Audi75
26-03-2018, 07:59
Support Chargers opinion.

Been using this tool to set up my BMW TC for our league, and the Tire Setup tool alone transformed the car for me.

Can strongly reccommend this tool, for all struggling a bit with the understanding of Dampening, and tire temps/pressures.

Cheers RWB Audi

VelvetTorpedo
27-03-2018, 14:53
I've been fiddling with it, I'm hoping I'm on the right track. Since I'm currently using the Nissan GT-R GT3 in career mode I tried to come up with a set of numbers. Testing won't happen until much later today, does this look right to those that have used it?

Speeddmon91
27-03-2018, 15:21
ye looks good to me give it a try

Zeratall
27-03-2018, 17:56
Hey velvet, that looks like a good start. Your damping ratios look in range the car type, as well as your natural frequency. I would encourage you to try the setup and keep the two things described below in mind.

1) You have a fairly stiff spring setup, if you notice the car is very twitchy on controls try reducing the springs. I myself like the road cars around 3 Hz (natural frequency)

2) if you notice the car has oversteer issues, I'd first look at your differential, I've noticed on some cars the locking is to great on default and both power and ramp need to be increased (reduced locking) if your differential is all the way open then I'd decrease your rear spring, right now your sitting at 8% the lower you go the more likely to understeer the higher you go the more likely to oversteer.

Overall I think the setup should be a great start! If you have any questions or need more help please feel free to contact me via racingsimtools.com chat, as those go tm straight to my phone.

VelvetTorpedo
27-03-2018, 22:17
I like what I've seen so far. Very nice handling car with these numbers.

edit: still needs more tuning though but definitely shows promise.

hkraft300
28-03-2018, 01:44
I've been fiddling with it, I'm hoping I'm on the right track. Since I'm currently using the Nissan GT-R GT3 in career mode I tried to come up with a set of numbers. Testing won't happen until much later today, does this look right to those that have used it?

Spring bias to the rear by 10% will give you a fair bit oversteer on most GT3 cars. I usually run 10-15% front bias. NSX, 488 with 8-10% front bias. M6, AMG with ~15% front. You might face the same problem with the gtr. Maybe soften the rear springs if that’s the case.

Personally I run much stiffer damping too. ~75% average.

VelvetTorpedo
28-03-2018, 04:05
It does get tail happy now and again, always catchable but still more time to be gained. I'm definitely going to evolve the setup and dial what I can. Those spring rates were more to get the curves to sync the soonest than for spring balance. Have to experiment :cool:

racing_10tacle
29-03-2018, 15:58
Hi,

I purchased the tool as it looks very promising. However, I do struggle with the car I am currently using in PC2, the Ginetta G55 GT4.
The car does not have Fast Bump nor Fast Rebound. Please see the picture below, the stats are based on the standard stable setup.
In the "Low Speed" tab I do not get any graph at all. What values do I have to put in into the fields where the car does not provide any values?

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post a link, so there's a blank in the https:

h ttps://picload.org/view/daipwpcw/ginetta_g55_gt4_stable.jpg.html

Thanks for your help,
10tacle

racing_10tacle
29-03-2018, 16:51
Hi,

something's wrong. I tested the tool by putting inthe values in the above example (on two different WIN10 PC's) and the outcome compared to the picture above is completely different. I installed the file as an administrator.

Please kindly see here (there's a blank in the https):

h ttps://picload.org/view/daiwgodi/nissan.jpg.html

Would be great you may have a look. Thanks!

VelvetTorpedo
29-03-2018, 16:57
these are from jussi's suspension calculator, try plugging these in

racing_10tacle
29-03-2018, 17:15
Good point, thank you (now even the high speed graph is gone...).

However, there seems to be something completely wrong. Installed the tool on an old Vista, but same issue (do not get to the results of the picture above).

Not sure what's the issue?

racing_10tacle
29-03-2018, 17:28
Ok, presumably an issue with the Weight Bias? It shows 36.9 Hz Front and 40,26 Hz Rear instead of 3.69 an 4.03. Does that help?

Speeddmon91
29-03-2018, 17:32
The figure look right think there something weird going off the background

Speeddmon91
29-03-2018, 17:52
racing_10tacle, Zeratall has ask me to tell you to contact him via his webchat on the website. https://www.racingsimtools.com/ (It's on the bottom right)

racing_10tacle
29-03-2018, 19:26
Hi,

that's what I call dedication - Zach was available in the chat immediately and also was able to sort it out on the fly.
In case I got it correctly it was because in the EU we use a comma instead of a point in calculating values, so my calculation was corrupt and therefore the result(s) did not make any sense.

So Zach re-coded a EU version for me - great, thank you and much appreciated! Will test the tool the next days and report my findings here.

Thanks and best regards,
10tacle

VelvetTorpedo
29-03-2018, 19:27
He's been great so far supporting people that purchased his program.

***Edit***

I just used his baseline and a few personal tweaks and I set the #3 fastest time with that car around Watkins Glen

Zeratall
29-03-2018, 22:40
Awesome, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the tool, and my support. I try to help out the best I can, definitely learned something new with the whole local culture setting hehe, velvet, I'm guessing you liked that tune?? It felt really good when I did the video.

VelvetTorpedo
29-03-2018, 22:57
Yeah I made some diff changes and a few others, give my version a shot if you'd like. The stability is crazy.

Zeratall
29-03-2018, 23:15
Nice, I will definitely try it. Yeah during the tune video. I forgot to go back and tune the differential, like I said in the video I like to tune the suspension with the diff fully open that way I can feel the effects of the suspension adjustments by themselves. Normally I go back and dial in the differential after I'm happy.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, if you need more help or advice let me know, pretty much all I do now a days is tune cars lol.

racing_10tacle
30-03-2018, 17:02
[...]pretty much all I do now a days is tune cars lol

Hi,

in case you feel bored :cool:, you may have a look into the Ginetta G55 GT4. I am trying to get a good setup, as it seems to be rather challenging.

Best,
10tacle

Zeratall
30-03-2018, 22:48
Version 11 is out (includes the EU Fix, among a few other nice things). If you bought the software you should have received an email with the link.

And I sure can try Racing, I will do it on my next series of "Tune that Car".

Charger
31-03-2018, 18:26
Latest update is cracking, all the car data is predefined for the default set up, we had a play with it last night, some nice tunes for our league coming out of it.

Good job on this. ;-)

VelvetTorpedo
02-04-2018, 14:25
Just fired up the update for the first time, holy cow! Pre-filled in values and super easy to tune without outside information now. Great job!

Zeratall
02-04-2018, 20:36

Sneak peak of the next update :)

davidt33
02-04-2018, 21:27
I'm only seeing PC users commenting on the thread re the app. Is this only for PC/Windows users?

Zeratall
03-04-2018, 02:32
The software has to be installed onto a PC, however the calculations the program performs is the same regardless of platform, the tool will enable you to get good tunes regardless of pc, or console.

inthebagbud
03-04-2018, 21:30
I had a play around with the neutral steer channel and can I check that in your video you say if steering input is above the neutral channel this is oversteer as I would say that at the points indicated I was understeering ?

Zeratall
03-04-2018, 21:47
It looks like the inputs are off, see how flat the blue line is? It shouldn't look like that, I know one of the variables steering lock can be bugged for some if the wheel callibration is off, what car are you try to analyze and what are your inputs for steering lock, wheel base, and steering ratio?

davidt33
03-04-2018, 22:38
The software has to be installed onto a PC, however the calculations the program performs is the same regardless of platform, the tool will enable you to get good tunes regardless of pc, or console.
Just to be clear, when I mentioned "PC" I was referring to Windows based PC as widely referred. I'm assuming that's what you meant too right?....That the app to be installed is "PC" compatible and not compatible with a Mac computer right?

Zeratall
03-04-2018, 22:40
That is correct. No Mac or Linux support.

inthebagbud
04-04-2018, 17:37
It looks like the inputs are off, see how flat the blue line is? It shouldn't look like that, I know one of the variables steering lock can be bugged for some if the wheel callibration is off, what car are you try to analyze and what are your inputs for steering lock, wheel base, and steering ratio?

I used 10 for steering lock, wheel base 2.25 and ratio of 450 (i assume this relates to the wheel i am using) and the car was the Ginetta G40

I have also uploaded the csv (its not a zip - just delete the zip extension)

I will have another try tonight

Zeratall
04-04-2018, 18:53
Yeah those aren't right so for the ginett I believe the steering lock is about 110 degrees, steering ratio is the number in the tune settings I think most cars are anywhere from 11-14, and then wheel base. Looks good,

Try these settings (wheel lock 110, steering ratio 12, wheelbase 2.25)

Zeratall
04-04-2018, 18:55
Steering lock is the amount of rotation the steering wheel in game will rotate to one side, so what I do, is in my car ill turn the wheel all the way to left and see how many degrees it rotated from nuetral, most cars will go anywhere from 90 to 180 degrees. It'd the ingame steering wheel rotation not your physic wheel rotation. Which is why it can bug out if you the calibration is off.

inthebagbud
04-04-2018, 19:17
Yeah those aren't right so for the ginett I believe the steering lock is about 110 degrees, steering ratio is the number in the tune settings I think most cars are anywhere from 11-14, and then wheel base. Looks good,

Try these settings (wheel lock 110, steering ratio 12, wheelbase 2.25)

Just checking these and the steering ratio for the G40 is from 4.5 to 27 and I am at 12 - we are talking about the ratio on the suspension screen?

Steering lock is 360 either way turning in game wheel one way and not 110 but even using 110 or 360 I still get e graph pretty much as previous - flat blue line and orange below the line where i am understeering and above where it is oversteering

Zeratall
04-04-2018, 19:51
Can you attach your telemetry data here?

inthebagbud
04-04-2018, 20:28
Can you attach your telemetry data here?

Its in post 33

Zeratall
04-04-2018, 20:31
Gotcha, standby

Zeratall
04-04-2018, 20:42
Just to be sure, your first parameter is steering right? It doesn't look correct for some reason from pcars telemetry.

Zeratall
04-04-2018, 20:46
Loaded your file, and I got this, which looks correct, you had good turn in performance but you were definitely getting some oversteer in the corner, see how you have counter steer in the turn.

You turn your steer wheel back out of the turn but you continue to have lateral acceleration acceleration in the turn, which is indicative of oversteer. 252592

inthebagbud
05-04-2018, 07:25
Loaded your file, and I got this, which looks correct, you had good turn in performance but you were definitely getting some oversteer in the corner, see how you have counter steer in the turn.

You turn your steer wheel back out of the turn but you continue to have lateral acceleration acceleration in the turn, which is indicative of oversteer. 252592

Thanks and I will have anotherattempt tomorrow with the data and see what results I get .

Can you clarify the steering lock as you say 110 but as I said previously if I sit in car on track and go to full lock of the car steering wheel I am moving my wheel 360 degrees either way, so how come you say 110?

I appreciate you understand the information that the graphs show but are you able to mark up the screenshot to highlight the points you made such as good turn in performance, oversteer in the corner, counter steer in the turn, turn your steer wheel back out of the turn, lateral acceleration acceleration in the turn - this would really help myself and others who need a little guidance in interpreting the information

The track/car combo is one that I am trying to improve my TT time on as I am loosing the time with the cornering issues and fully understanding what the graph is telling me is the key for this car as the tuning options are minimal so it will come down to how I approach/exit the corners. I can see this in the way I can improve the times - but not consistantly and I am hoping that by undestanding the information from the graph I can adapt my driving style

Thank you for your input and patience

Zeratall
05-04-2018, 08:23
If you look at the image below, this is the G40, as you can see the steering wheel is fully locked out the left, it rotated from the vertical line to the line thats at approximatly the 8 o clock position. The total travel was approximately 110 degrees. Not sure how you were getting 360 degrees of rotation, but it sounds like a bug.

as far as the graph goes, if you look at my blog I have a really detailed article on how to interpet this graphs at the link below. If you are still unsure or have questions let me know =). If you contact me via the website web chat it comes straight to my phone so we can have a a one on one chat where I can explain everything in detail. Or reach me on discord at "RWB/SRO Zeraxx#2602"

https://www.racingsimtools.com/single-post/2018/03/16/Oversteer-Understeer-and-How-to-Slip-past-the-competition

inthebagbud
05-04-2018, 10:25
Many thanks

I did read your blog and the reason I was getting confused is that in your software you use "Blue" as steering input and on the blog "blue" is the neutral steer - so reading the explanation on the blog and viewing my graph - the little old human brain was getting confused as they are reversed.

So of to have a good study of this over next few days and will get back to you

Thanks again

Zeratall
05-04-2018, 14:39
Aaah I didnt even think about it, im currently investigating this calibration thing and hopefully I can tell you whats going on. I think I may have found the issue in the cal process. I can mark up the one you posted if you would like.

VelvetTorpedo
05-04-2018, 14:44
inthebagbud, is your wheel rotation set to 720, and rotating half of that to lock gives you the 360? My instinct was to put 450 there since I use 900 wheel rotation but I must have misunderstood.

inthebagbud
05-04-2018, 15:03
inthebagbud, is your wheel rotation set to 720, and rotating half of that to lock gives you the 360? My instinct was to put 450 there since I use 900 wheel rotation but I must have misunderstood.

That is what my instinct is - I use DOR of 900 on wheel but with the in car steering ratio I use this worked out at 720 to physically turn the car wheel to full lock, hence the 360. So when i sit on track I look at the steering widget at bottom left turn my wheel (controller) until the marker turns all the way either left or right and use this as the steering lock.

It occurred to me looking at the post by Zeratall is that he is measuring this manually by the wheel (in car) and I wondered if although we are turning the wheel (controller) 360 or 450 either way - how much the wheel (in car) actually moved and whether this was the confusion - however I seem to remember that this should not be the case and that wheel movement (controller) should be matched by car wheel - subject to my next sentence

The extra thing to consider is that wheel matching wheel only occurs if the wheel DOR (controller) is left at 900 or Auto and you change the in car ratio - if I remember correctly if you change your wheel DOR to less than 900 your wheel movement (controller) will not match exactly the wheel movement in car. BUT it has been a while since that topic was discussed and the cloud of time would need shaking off to fully confirm in PC2

I need to further review which will be in a day or so

Zeratall
05-04-2018, 15:12
So I think I may know the problem, its due to the calibration process. I think I may have screwed up my calibration process in game. So the cal process has 2 steps, step 1)turn full lock, then step 2) says "Turn the wheel 90 degrees".

My interpretation is to turn full lock and then 90 degrees opposite direction of full lock, however some of the guys have mentioned that its 90 degrees from neutral, I'm going to attempt to recal and if it results in different results then I'll fix the program, as it would only work for my inputs lol.

So the whole purpose of needing to know steering lock is because to calculate the neutral steer channel, I need to measure the steering angle of the tires themselves. I'm doing this by measuring the ingame wheel, then using the steering ratio to determine the amount of rotation of steering wheel to tire.

VelvetTorpedo
05-04-2018, 15:19
If I'm remembering correctly, when i do it I turn the wheel full lock to get the steering range to 100, then I turn the wheel until the blue number is about 900.

DozUK
05-04-2018, 15:26
This app looks great, I've watched the vid, the pcars telemetry app only seems to use shared data rather than UDP. Is there another compatible telemetry source for loading the external data as I run pcars on a PS4?

repsol23
05-04-2018, 15:44
I calibrate same values as velvet torpedo on my G25. By the way, how does this setup look to you zeratall. I finally used the program first time last night with the 911 RSR and was able to best by fastest time by nearly .750 sec on Silverstone GP, am in the low 2.03.xxx!! And I KNOW that I can still get more out of that, just need to work on my braking points.

Zeratall
05-04-2018, 16:02
This app looks great, I've watched the vid, the pcars telemetry app only seems to use shared data rather than UDP. Is there another compatible telemetry source for loading the external data as I run pcars on a PS4?

So it doesn't matter how you get the data just that it matches the same CSV order for what your trying to do. Pcars Telemtry was the only application that I found that would allow CSV Export, that being said I have been contemplating making my own UDP program integrated into the tool.

Zeratall
05-04-2018, 16:05
I calibrate same values as velvet torpedo on my G25. By the way, how does this setup look to you zeratall. I finally used the program first time last night with the 911 RSR and was able to best by fastest time by nearly .750 sec on Silverstone GP, am in the low 2.03.xxx!! And I KNOW that I can still get more out of that, just need to work on my braking points.

Go to the Time Trial for Watkins Glen in the RSR, filter the leader boards by "Vehicle" and find my ghost "Zeratall" try the setup my ghost uses, ive been told its one of the best setups people have tried. I will be able to upload it here once I'm done reinstalling the game, for some reason the latest patch broke my game haha.

Looking at your setup it depends, is this for a race setup or for TT, if its a TT our tires start out at ideal temperature, so we can get away with really low damping and more rebound which will make the car ultra smooth. This is a simplification but always increase your bump to get your tire temps where they are in operating range, and run as little rebound as possible where the car feels stable. high rebound will caus the car to not dive or squat as fast if you low damping.

repsol23
05-04-2018, 16:05
I use rsdash, vrhive, and now pcars telemetry. Only the latter exports in the proper format of the ones that I use. Hope this helps.

repsol23
05-04-2018, 16:12
This is my race setup. I prefer tweaking setups for races rather than TT, as I tend to race more than anything else. I just tried the one setup but will be tweaking parameters over the next few days (literally). I do minor changes then try and run a 10 to 15 lap race that I am always accustomed to for comparison. This setup was much different that the one I had prior where I used Jussi's program and took sometime for me to adjust, but in the end I liked it much more!!! Thanks for your hard work and time Zeratall.

inthebagbud
05-04-2018, 16:43

Pcars telemetry does have udp support that is how I have been using it from my gaming PC to my laptop - so in theory it should work with PS4 but you will have to run the app on a PC . There is a connection manager option in the app which allows you to use UDP

inthebagbud
05-04-2018, 16:45
So I think I may know the problem, its due to the calibration process. I think I may have screwed up my calibration process in game. So the cal process has 2 steps, step 1)turn full lock, then step 2) says "Turn the wheel 90 degrees".

My interpretation is to turn full lock and then 90 degrees opposite direction of full lock, however some of the guys have mentioned that its 90 degrees from neutral, I'm going to attempt to recal and if it results in different results then I'll fix the program, as it would only work for my inputs lol.

So the whole purpose of needing to know steering lock is because to calculate the neutral steer channel, I need to measure the steering angle of the tires themselves. I'm doing this by measuring the ingame wheel, then using the steering ratio to determine the amount of rotation of steering wheel to tire.

That would explain the difference yes its 90 degrees from Neutral so the number reads 900

repsol23
05-04-2018, 16:56
Zeratall, how can I look at the complete GGV graph, each time I import the data it comes up but it doesn't allow me to scroll down to look at the entire bottom graph. Is this fixable or am I missing something? Thanks.

Zeratall
05-04-2018, 17:35
So the window is fixed size, I'm not the best programmer and didn't think about support for multi resolution until after I made it. what resolution do you use? I can shrink everything so it'll be view able for you in the meantime.

and yep my wheel calibration was wrong, so neutral steer was only going to work for me. I will have an update in the next couple of days correcting this.

repsol23
05-04-2018, 17:51
No worries, I have 3 different resolutions I run depending on where I am using my laptop. At work is small resolution due to desk space and home is 2k res. No need to re-write at the moment as I am just messing around with files and importing for the moment. But just cause you asked my work resolution is 1366 x 768.

Honestly, I would really prefer an option to print the images if possible. I use a 3 ring binder that has all my "racing" info, setups, timings, and (most importantly) all the names of the unskilled racers who ram me or take me off track intentionally. Lol. Had a really crazy idiot last week who had nothing better to do than follow me and take me out on every corner he could, was absolutely frustrating. Anyhow, back on topic!!!

DozUK
05-04-2018, 18:32
Pcars telemetry does have udp support that is how I have been using it from my gaming PC to my laptop - so in theory it should work with PS4 but you will have to run the app on a PC . There is a connection manager option in the app which allows you to use UDP

Ah right, thats helpful. I liked the sound of this app so looked at the online manual for the telemetry app and it only mentioned shared memory not udp.

Your info now makes it possible to give this a go now so thanks for letting me know.

DozUK
06-04-2018, 07:50
So it doesn't matter how you get the data just that it matches the same CSV order for what your trying to do. Pcars Telemtry was the only application that I found that would allow CSV Export, that being said I have been contemplating making my own UDP program integrated into the tool.

That would be fantastic making it an all in one app and not dependent on any external software. Using UDP will also have the benefits of making your app usable across all the platforms too.

You're app looks just what I'm looking for, I want to make improvements but I'm a real novice at the numbers and the understanding of them. I've seen your videos and to relate the changes based on a understanding of a visual graph certainly seems to make things look easier. I shall certainly try.

As well as races, I run a lot of time trials against a group of friends. Do you have a different process for using your app for a TT set up as tires start hot, if so would you consider doing a similar 'Tune that car video' for a TT showing how you use the app to tweak the set up or document your steps here?

Thanks
DozUK

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 08:52
Dozuk,

Sorry my videos that'd typically how I would do a setup for a time trial, because you don't necessarily have to worry as much about tire temperature optimization, etc.

For race tunes I use the tool in a similar way, but importantly my ratios are dependent on how confident I am in the car (rebound) and how hot or cold the tires are (bump).

DozUK
06-04-2018, 14:41
Hi, I've bought the app and I'm enjoying playing around with it. I've just selected the formula C but noticed that there is no front response in the low speed graph, is there a reason for this?

VelvetTorpedo
06-04-2018, 15:03
is it above 100% critical dampening?

DozUK
06-04-2018, 15:23
is it above 100% critical dampening?

Sorry, I'll show all screen. I've just selected the car (FC) from the drop down and not changed or added anything. All values are the default ones pulled through on selection of the car. Just found it odd that no red line was present.

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 16:39
That is correct dozuk, the graphs at the bottom stop showing if the car is over critical damped, so for this instance the front (red line) disappeared. This isn't necessarily a bad thing just a limitation of the program, most cars your never going to want to be over 100% but race to built cars like formula C lmp etc, you will have higher values of bump because you can use bump to get the tires to their ideal temperature.

Reason it stops showing past 100% is because the equation for the response graph after 100% has imaginary roots and takes a different form.

DozUK
06-04-2018, 16:56
That is correct dozuk, the graphs at the bottom stop showing if the car is over critical damped, so for this instance the front (red line) disappeared. This isn't necessarily a bad thing just a limitation of the program, most cars your never going to want to be over 100% but race to built cars like formula C lmp etc, you will have higher values of bump because you can use bump to get the tires to their ideal temperature.

Reason it stops showing past 100% is because the equation for the response graph after 100% has imaginary roots and takes a different form.

Great, thanks for the explaination. Im looking forward to experimenting with this

repsol23
06-04-2018, 17:06

Oooh my, imaginary roots!!! (says the salivating mathematician, LOL) Thanks for all the work!!!

ShneebnaMRR108
06-04-2018, 17:37
Great APP, works well, easy to use, and newest version has all the values for each car plugged in. Some cars have a 3rd spring option, not sure if you add that in or not. No big deal if not.

DozUK
09-04-2018, 09:47
Hi, very new to this. I would be grateful if anyone could comment on the set up below with any advice of what I'm doing wrong or right? I've not tested it yet, I just wanted to see if my assumptions are right or if I'm completely on the wrong track. It's a formula C for a time trial so I've lowered the bump figures as the tyres will be good temps, I've tried to get the lines to converge whilst keeping in Q2 for a formula car.

Thanks for any advice

VelvetTorpedo
09-04-2018, 15:03
from my understanding, that looks like a good baseline to start making changes from. I'm far from an aero car expert though haha.

repsol23
09-04-2018, 15:10
From my limited experience I'd say you are on the right track, looks good. From my understanding your setup would me towards the "softer" end as you are nearer to the lower red line. Other end of the spectrum stiffens up your ride, but I'm not an expert. Lol. Been working on my own setup for days but I have been slowly dialing in my lap times, best of luck.

DozUK
09-04-2018, 15:56
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I'll get a chance over the next couple of days to try it out and see how it performs :)

AbeWoz
09-04-2018, 22:27
sorry if this has been asked before but:
WRT to tire analysis, should we be using BAR or PSI.

I'm getting different results depending which unit i'm using.

version 1.14.0

Zeratall
10-04-2018, 16:50
So for the tire analysis it won't tell you bar or psi, you should be entering temperature, also, it's a unit less calculation so it doesn't matter if you enter c or f, don't pay attention to the numbers it gives you they purely mean scale and are not telling you an exact setting to punch in, if the number is positive you have to much, if it'd negative you have to little.

Zeratall
10-04-2018, 16:52
Hi, very new to this. I would be grateful if anyone could comment on the set up below with any advice of what I'm doing wrong or right? I've not tested it yet, I just wanted to see if my assumptions are right or if I'm completely on the wrong track. It's a formula C for a time trial so I've lowered the bump figures as the tyres will be good temps, I've tried to get the lines to converge whilst keeping in Q2 for a formula car.

Thanks for any advice

Sorry I've been crazy busy but that looks like a really good starting point for a built to race car it might be slightly low damping % I'd suspect your probally going to want to increase the dampers slightly, if you need more help please let me know and I can help you dial it in, often with the tool it won't give you exactly what you need sometimes you'll need to increase your %. For instance if you noticed the car tire Temps were at optimal, however you were very unstable (rate of weight transfer) you could increase your rebound % to make it more reliable.

AbeWoz
10-04-2018, 17:12
So for the tire analysis it won't tell you bar or psi, you should be entering temperature, also, it's a unit less calculation so it doesn't matter if you enter c or f, don't pay attention to the numbers it gives you they purely mean scale and are not telling you an exact setting to punch in, if the number is positive you have to much, if it'd negative you have to little.

yeah i meant C or F, not bar or PSI, thats my bad. But I understand now. The 'results' arent telling me how much to add or remove, just if i'm over/under.

Cheers.

Zeratall
10-04-2018, 17:24
yeah i meant C or F, not bar or PSI, thats my bad. But I understand now. The 'results' arent telling me how much to add or remove, just if i'm over/under.

Cheers.

Yep exactly, the number is merely a scalar, once you use the tool a decent amount you'll start getting good at guestimating how much of an adjustment will get you close to 0.

DozUK
10-04-2018, 17:56
Sorry I've been crazy busy but that looks like a really good starting point for a built to race car it might be slightly low damping % I'd suspect your probally going to want to increase the dampers slightly, if you need more help please let me know and I can help you dial it in, often with the tool it won't give you exactly what you need sometimes you'll need to increase your %. For instance if you noticed the car tire Temps were at optimal, however you were very unstable (rate of weight transfer) you could increase your rebound % to make it more reliable.

Thanks for the advice, cant wait to test it out. Thanks for the offer of help, i'm sure i'll reach out once I have a feel for it.

inthebagbud
11-04-2018, 05:16

Zeratall did you manage to have a look at the calc and whether it needs amending

Thanks

Zeratall
11-04-2018, 12:21
Yeah I did, and yeah it does, my wheel was off so my validation data made the program incorrect lol woops, hopefully will have a new update this weekend

AbeWoz
11-04-2018, 12:24
i know you've got an awful lot on your plate, but is there any plan to implement all the gearing options, power band info for the vehicles like you did for the spring/damper options?

Zeratall
11-04-2018, 12:36
Abewoz, I can, so the data I'm using doesn't have thst information, so let me do some snooping around to see if I can find some dataset with all the gear ratios for each car. If I can't I can do it manually by loading each car and writing them down however this would take much longer to develop than the first option. Let me do some research and then I can get started on this.

AbeWoz
11-04-2018, 12:37
if you do have to write down the gear ratios manually, let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

VelvetTorpedo
11-04-2018, 12:39
This program is getting WILDLY better than what I signed up for. Well worth the money!

Zeratall
11-04-2018, 17:04
Haha glad you guys like it, it's the least I can do for you guys spending your hard earned money on me. Will always try to support my customers as much as I can.

g.stew
11-04-2018, 23:20
Yep exactly, the number is merely a scalar, once you use the tool a decent amount you'll start getting good at guestimating how much of an adjustment will get you close to 0.

Ah, I was seeing the same thing and couldn't figure out what it was telling me.

Unfortunately, this part is a little difficult to keep entering the values in on xbox. I can't really freeze the screen to get a look at the numbers so I'm losing temp when trying to go back and forth with the numbers. Taking a picture of the screen with my phone was the best option. I've just been going back to doing it roughly in my head since the extra step to type it in was adding more complexity. Not your fault obviously and it's probably easier to use on PC if you can freeze the screen to see the temps.

I'm hoping they'll have the outer/middle/inner temps working in the UDP stream (or maybe it is in patch 5?) so I can record them in telemetry and look back at the end of a lap.

repsol23
12-04-2018, 17:14
Ah, I was seeing the same thing and couldn't figure out what it was telling me.

Unfortunately, this part is a little difficult to keep entering the values in on xbox. I can't really freeze the screen to get a look at the numbers so I'm losing temp when trying to go back and forth with the numbers. Taking a picture of the screen with my phone was the best option. I've just been going back to doing it roughly in my head since the extra step to type it in was adding more complexity. Not your fault obviously and it's probably easier to use on PC if you can freeze the screen to see the temps.

I'm hoping they'll have the outer/middle/inner temps working in the UDP stream (or maybe it is in patch 5?) so I can record them in telemetry and look back at the end of a lap.

So my way is extremely tedious but I also use pc telemetry to export a csv file. I export all 4 tire temps, import to excel and calculate the average temp for the lap. There tends to be 2000+ data points but at least it gives a overall temp that you can look at adjusting. Hope this helps.

Zeratall
20-04-2018, 14:50
New update, also went ahead and added my plans for upcoming updates to give you guys a heads up on what I'm working on.

Version 1.15.0

Updates Include

Fixed the bug with the nuetral steering channel. Graphs should be correct for given steering lock.
Fixed the tab order on the differential page. The tab order should flow from top down.
Made the car weight an "Editable" field. Still waiting on an updated data source for the patch 5 updates. Expect an update when they are made availabe.

In the Works

Resizeable windows/contents exepected release (4/27/2018).
UDP Interface, will allow the tire tool to automatically populate so no longer need to alt tab and enter all tire temps, as well as some other goodies I'm adding into the tool that can utilize UDP (5/4/2018)

Maskmagog
23-04-2018, 08:30
If you could get UDP built-in, that would be awesome! Thanks for a great app, even a clueless guy like me can tinker with setups now :)

Zeratall
23-04-2018, 23:06
No problem I'm definitely going to work on it, my irl birthday was yesterday so have been busy with family and what not, gonna be hitting the ground running next couple of days so expect some updates :)

g.stew
24-04-2018, 05:18
No problem I'm definitely going to work on it, my irl birthday was yesterday so have been busy with family and what not, gonna be hitting the ground running next couple of days so expect some updates :)

Nice, many happy returns!

UDP Interface, will allow the tire tool to automatically populate so no longer need to alt tab and enter all tire temps, as well as some other goodies I'm adding into the tool that can utilize UDP (5/4/2018)

Did they fix the outer/middle/inner tire temps in patch 5? I remember them saying it was going to be fixed, but I haven't checked to see if it is working. It still had the same main temperature across all 3 of them last I checked. I really hope it's working now.

Zeratall
24-04-2018, 16:11
Are you talking about in the UDP message? I'm not sure I haven't really made any UDP software for Pcars2 yet, if so, I'm really hoping it is because I just assumed everything in the message was correct.

g.stew
24-04-2018, 18:40
Yea, there were some fields that had problems. See this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56963-PCARS2-UDP-API-Bug-reports). They said they would be fixed in the next patch but there hasn't been confirmation that they were. The guy who created Crew Chief was just asking too.

There are a number of other tyres related temps in there (carcass, wheel, etc.), but the 3 that you see in the game telemetry were all set to the same value as the "overall" temperature.

VelvetTorpedo
26-04-2018, 13:55
...Still waiting on an updated data source for the patch 5 updates. Expect an update when they are made available...

is this going to include the new Ferrari 488 Challenge car they added in patch 5? The car is super fun to drive, I'm curious what your program has to say about it :).

DozUK
26-04-2018, 18:09
All telemetry apps I use feed off the pcars1 up stream. I think the pcars2 feed is unreliable for live software

inthebagbud
29-04-2018, 08:46
Not sure if this will help you in extracting information http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62359-CREST2-a-k-a-CARS2-REST-API

Although I assume it is only PC as its shared memory

inthebagbud
29-04-2018, 14:46
Using version 1.15.0 I was looking at the damper settings for the Renault Clio and I think there is something wrong with the graph scales.

When the app is opened you only see the blue line in the low speed graph - assumed that the red line is perfectly equal to the blue and as such is behind the blue . If I lower the rear slow bump the shape of the blue line changes however the red line still does not show - I assume that is what it should do. If I alter the front slow bump down from 15250 to 14000 the red line now appears - if I increase the front slow bump the red line disappears again. If I increase the rear slow bump above 8500 the blue line also disappears.

I have tried with other cars and the same happens so it appears above a certain level the graph lines disappear

Zeratall
29-04-2018, 18:15
It's because your going above critical damping I talk about this in my YouTube tutorial videos if you want more information. The graphs only show under critical damping because the equation contains imaginary roots past critical damping.

Zeratall
29-04-2018, 18:44
Additionally, I created a Discord Server for individuals can ask questions or share tunes in project cars 2, as well as ask me questions directly about PC2Tuner. The link to the discord is below:

https://discord.gg/6324G7

inthebagbud
29-04-2018, 20:40
It's because your going above critical damping I talk about this in my YouTube tutorial videos if you want more information. The graphs only show under critical damping because the equation contains imaginary roots past critical damping.

Ok thanks - missed that bit of information

Zeratall
29-04-2018, 21:28
Hey guys version 16 is out, the GUI is now resizeable, minimum resolution is 1600x900, but now the GUI can be made larger so the graphs can be larger and easier to see.

g.stew
01-05-2018, 01:24
Hey guys version 16 is out, the GUI is now resizeable, minimum resolution is 1600x900, but now the GUI can be made larger so the graphs can be larger and easier to see.

The new sizing isn't great if you're not using 16:9 it seems. I run it on my Surface Pro 4 which is 2736x1824 and it's barely fitting, even at full screen. All the buttons on the right side are partially cut off, no matter what size it is. Not sure if there's anything you can do here. It's usable, but it's certainly not comfortable. If you could put a split between the graphs and the rest to allow sizing them smaller or something that might help. On this display, the graphs have looked fine on the previous versions, but I'm guessing people must have been having issues with them on other resolutions.

I also wanted to make a UI request for the buttons for the dampers, springs, etc. Can you disable the button if no adjustments can be made? For cars where some values aren't adjustable, or when a value is already at its max or min, I click on it and then have to click again on the popup that tells me it can't be adjusted any further. If you could just not let it be clicked and disable the button then we could visually see that it can't be changed (0 clicks instead of 2 clicks).

FYI, there is also an exception thrown when you try to click any of the buttons before a car is loaded, so it would prevent that from happening too.

Zeratall
01-05-2018, 02:26
Turn off windows scaling,, set it to 100% everything should fit after that, the default window size is 850x700 which is 1/3 as your resolution.

I'll address the buttons, its doable but will require a little of coding because the way I have the data setup

g.stew
01-05-2018, 19:46
Scaling is 200% by default since it's a High DPI display. 100% is not usable since it's so tiny. I've been trying 175% which fits much better but can be blurry in some cases. I'll stay with that for a couple of days and see if it bothers me.

Thanks for looking at the buttons. Maybe I'm the only one it bothers, but I think that will save a lot of time. Even the game itself doesn't do it well since it doesn't show you when you've hit the min/max, so this would be a big improvement.

Zeratall
01-05-2018, 22:20
No problem, let me do some research. I'm a engineer who likes to program so I still have things to learn when it comes to gui optimization.

g.stew
02-05-2018, 01:01
No problem, let me do some research. I'm a engineer who likes to program so I still have things to learn when it comes to gui optimization.

No problem. Based on the exception stack trace I saw (when clicking on a +/- with no car loaded), it looks like you are creating your own text fields and button controls and using the click events to change the value. You might look at one of the UpDown controls (DomainUpDown, NumberUpDown I think) to handle all of that logic for you. Then I think you can just bind your list of values to the control and it will handle increment/decrement events, etc.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it since I wouldn't like much if someone was telling me how to do things. Figuring it out is the fun part anyway ;)

leonstone
07-05-2018, 13:14
version:1.6.0
some problom

Zeratall
07-05-2018, 15:57
version:1.6.0
some problom

It's because your using windows scaling, If you turn it down, it should fix the issue. I need to do some research on how to allow windows scaling to work correctly with the UI

Zeratall
21-05-2018, 00:02
Hey guys, Version 17 is out, new features include:
1) The ability to make the graphs larger, simply double click the graph you would like to maximize.
2) Tune notes, you can now add comments, and other settings into the tune, to make it easier to share with individuals.

Additionally we are excited to announce under popular request we are now offering custom Race Engineering Services
racingsimtools.com/product-page/race-engineering-services

Discord Channel
discord.gg/VhJWSm9

Max Torque
23-05-2018, 22:02
Can I load PCars2-Setups as they are stored on the hard drive via the import function?

DinoM
24-05-2018, 07:43
Hey guys, Version 17 is out, new features include:
1) The ability to make the graphs larger, simply double click the graph you would like to maximize.
2) Tune notes, you can now add comments, and other settings into the tune, to make it easier to share with individuals.

Additionally we are excited to announce under popular request we are now offering custom Race Engineering Services
racingsimtools.com/product-page/race-engineering-services

Discord Channel
discord.gg/VhJWSm9

I did not get email. How do I get the new version?

DozUK
24-05-2018, 08:03
Hi Zach, are you still working on the UDP integration? That's a feature I'm really looking forward to.

Thanks

Mike

ShneebnaMRR108
24-05-2018, 13:38
He said he would be working on UDP this weekend if possible. Join the Discord group and see the latest.

DozUK
24-05-2018, 13:52
He said he would be working on UDP this weekend if possible. Join the Discord group and see the latest.

Thanks I will do, I might actually learn something too :)

Zeratall
24-05-2018, 19:06
Hey guys sorry for the late response, as the discord group has grown so much I highly recommend joining and contacting me there for quick responses.

YES, UDP Should make it into the tool in same fashion or other this weekend, I have gotten the code to read the data now I just need to do things with it, be on the look out for an update this weekend.

No you cannot import export the setups from the game into the tool, however I'm working on a database now where you can upload you tune to the Pc2tuner cloud and download other people's tune, which will make sharing tunes very easy and convient,as it'll place the files into the game folder for you.

Last everyone who has bought the tool should receive emails when the tool is update if not, please contact me via discord with your name and I'll verify your purchase, and give you the link.

Additionally with the new update, I have enabled auto updates so when the program updates after version 40, the program will update itself.

Zeratall
28-05-2018, 19:39
Version 42 is now live, if you have version 41 when you open the tool it will prompt you to update to version 42. If not pleasure double check your firewall and verify you have allowed an exception for PC2Tuner.

This release incorporated UDP into the tool, as well as a new tool called "Engine Power". This tool will let you run a in game dyno run and measure the resulting horse power and torque. An example is down below. To run the tool. Enter the gear where your gearing is close to 1:1 (cannot be the last gear of the car). Then travel down a straight, and give it full throttle, the code will start the graph when you first shift into that gear, and continue to graph until you shift up.

Maskmagog
28-05-2018, 22:26
Thanks! Works great!
At first nothing happened when I clicked 'UDP Populate', then I realized I had UDP in PC1 mode. Changed it to PC2 mode and all was well.
This makes it so much easier for me to understand, and tinker with setups, nice work.

Zeratall
30-05-2018, 08:16
Version 45 is now live, included an update which added Damper Histograms to the tool. Example of the output looks like the following.

Dwaindibbly
30-05-2018, 11:33
Version 42 is now live, if you have version 41 when you open the tool it will prompt you to update to version 42. If not pleasure double check your firewall and verify you have allowed an exception for PC2Tuner.

This release incorporated UDP into the tool, as well as a new tool called "Engine Power". This tool will let you run a in game dyno run and measure the resulting horse power and torque. An example is down below. To run the tool. Enter the gear where your gearing is close to 1:1 (cannot be the last gear of the car). Then travel down a straight, and give it full throttle, the code will start the graph when you first shift into that gear, and continue to graph until you shift up.

Apologies if this is a silly question but... How do you know if.a gear is close to 1:1?

Cheers

DozUK
30-05-2018, 11:40
Apologies if this is a silly question but... How do you know if.a gear is close to 1:1?

Cheers

That was the question I was afraid to ask :)

Zeratall
30-05-2018, 13:17
Hahah no worries you look at the gearing and just choose the gear close to 1.0 (can't be the last gear) that being said I'm not entirely sure it's even needed since the car measures power directly and we're not setup on a dyno measuring power via wheel rotation.

Maskmagog
30-05-2018, 19:58
So to clarify, with the gearing in the picture, I would pick 5th gear?

Dwaindibbly
30-05-2018, 20:08
That was the question I was afraid to ask :) :D

Hahah no worries you look at the gearing and just choose the gear close to 1.0 (can't be the last gear) that being said I'm not entirely sure it's even needed since the car measures power directly and we're not setup on a dyno measuring power via wheel rotation.

Got ya, Cheers

Zeratall
30-05-2018, 21:41
Correct you would choose 5th,the way the code works to get clean graphs is it starts graphing when you shift into the gear, and the it'll stop when you shift in the next gear, that's why you cant use the last gear. That being said whst I do go grt nice curves is shit into the gear (lol car can't stall in pcars) and then just give it gas as soon as I shift it into gear, you'll be at like 1600 rpm and it takes it a while to build up, since we're starting to slow, and the I just keep on the gas until i hit recdline then I shift. And it gives the new power torque curve

Zeratall
04-06-2018, 04:38
Version 47 is now live, updates include a Tune Database for all users to share both PC2Tuner Exports and, Project Cars 2 Tunes. Example of the new database built into the tool is given below:

Additionally a "Always on Top" button was added to allow users to keep PC2Tuner on top of the game while entering values.

DozUK
04-06-2018, 09:20
Version 47 is now live, updates include a Tune Database for all users to share both PC2Tuner Exports and, Project Cars 2 Tunes. Example of the new database built into the tool is given below:

Additionally a "Always on Top" button was added to allow users to keep PC2Tuner on top of the game while entering values.

Thanks Zach, what a fantastic piece of software this is and a massive immersion aid to the game

Dwaindibbly
04-06-2018, 13:59
It certainly is, and the discord group is really helpful too

Voodoochild
04-06-2018, 16:22
cannot stress enought how good and how many features this app offers for such a little cost.

UDP integration and tunes DB are game changer, this is so user friendly now.

Support Zeratall if you can, you won't be disappointed.

ShneebnaMRR108
09-06-2018, 15:14
When you select the car from the drop down menu, the default values will populate the tool:
The main program tool page will give you the following outputs:
Front Damper Force vs Damper Velocity Graph
Rear Damper Force vs Damper Velocity Graph
Low Speed System Response Graph
High Speed System Response Graph
Front and Rear Dampening Ratios for (Low Speed Bump/Rebound, High Speed Bump/Rebound)
Front & Rear Critical Dampening values
Front & Rear Natural Frequency
Spring Natural Frequency Bias
Sections for Notes for additional set up values
“Analysis” tabs give you the following functions:
Tire set up
Engine power
Engine gearing
Neutral steer channel
G-G-V diagram
Damper histogram
Ride height
“Tune Help” tabs give:
Desired ranges
Tune workflow
“Import / Export tab gives:
Ability to import a set up
Ability to export a set up
“Tune Database” tab gives:
Ability to upload a set up
Ability to download a set up

As Voodoochild says, there's a lot of goods in there!

Purg
09-06-2018, 23:37
Bought the app yesterday based on the feedback, grabbed all the tuning videos and watched a couple a few things..

I use PC Dash as well but it appears that it only likes one app accessing data from PC2. I did a workaround by running PC Dash on my lappy, would prefer not to, though.

Configuring dampers, I can see the logic behind it but the results at the bottom of the page - how do I know what I should be aiming for in each % - ok, match left and right to balance them but how do I settle on the value in the first place?

UDP for tyres appeared to be working which I believe it a new feature - it's asking for a value for optimal temp. Pressure/temp is a little confusing to me. Info I can find appears to suggest an optimum pressure when the tyres are warm (which I don't recall ever seeing sims modelled like this before), not necessarily just an optimum temp. Also the temps would change depending on when you measured them.. when is the best time to stop the sim to take a temp snapshot? Should I ignore pressures and focus just on optimum temps?

ShneebnaMRR108
10-06-2018, 04:48
The following is a typical process flow for tuning your suspension dampers.
SPR
You can set your spring stiffness for approximately 3.1 front, and then adjust the back for a 4 to 7 % rear spring stiffness.
To start off, you want the least amount of ARB possible to retain all the available suspension travel.
So set the ARB’s to the lowest values while doing the damper testing and adjusting.
BMP
Next, you can set all your dampers to the lowest “critical dampening values” where front and rear are essentially equal in the calculator.
i.e.: If the rear lowest is 20 and the front lowest is 15, then set both to 20.
After setting to the lowest settings as above, do a few Laps and feel how the car handles. What you are looking for is if the car is walking, having wheel hop in turns, or it feels like the front is skipping around.
Now, in the calculator, double the “critical rate” bump values, and test again. You can keep doing this process until the car feels planted and the walking around or wheel hop has been is reduced or eliminated.
RBD
Now you can adjust the rebound. When you have the bump low, you could possibly experience spin.
When you adjust the rebound that is what you are looking to eliminate.
Therefore, keep adjusting the rebound until the body roll in turns is smooth and not abrupt.
Once you feel the body roll is in control, then adjust the front or back slightly until the OS or US is where you like it.
ARB
When you are satisfied with the transit response, you can move on to the ARB’s.
After adjusting rebound, the car body should lean smoothly in entering and exiting the turns as you would expect. However, the “amount” of body roll, or “where” the body sets in a turn may be too far.
This is where the ARB has come into play. You can keep adjusting the ARB until that total travel of body lean is under control.
Therefore, you adjust body roll rate with the rebound, and its maximum distance with the ARB.
As your car starts into the start of the turn, (a transit) you will have damper and then ARB effects.
The damper exhibits force that comes from the velocity of the damper.
Then when the cornering reaches a steady state, (aka, the car is set, max cornering roll) the ARB comes into play because the rate of body roll in the car is zero.
As a result, you adjust transient with the rebound and the steady state with ARB.

---Link to the Flow Chart---
https://discordapp.com/channels/440216565384871948/445980020737835029

---Link to You Tube for Tires---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf3qdYbrkDg&index=16&list=PLAYJ7Z2xpnfoam78rVSNl3psmX9uEYDl9&t=0s

ShneebnaMRR108
10-06-2018, 05:09
I'm certainly no expert on tires, but I usually set the cold pressures to obtain the "desired" hot pressures after a minimum of 5 laps to get them warmed. Then if they are within a reasonable temp range, I just go with that.

Or you can do TT, and they start off warmed, and then they settle after about a lap or so. Hard to say definitively since there are so many variables involved.

Discord Channel
discord.gg/VhJWSm9

You can get loads of help there.

ShneebnaMRR108
10-06-2018, 05:32
This You Tube will show you all the set up tools. And specifically at 46:30 you can find the section related to the Tire Analysis.

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrK3AU9UCjg&index=28&list=PLAYJ7Z2xpnfoam78rVSNl3psmX9uEYDl9&t=0s

^ Hope all this helps @Purg

Purg
10-06-2018, 10:29
Thanks for the assistance, will look through them.

ShneebnaMRR108
10-06-2018, 18:08

Zeratall
10-06-2018, 19:42
Hey bud regarding your tire question, the tire setup tool is looking for a temperature gradient, it'll tell you if you have an ideal gradient, for camera and pressure adjustment, the tool also calculates how much over the "ideal temp" it's just a number you enter to determine if your overheating the tires. If you place the ideal temp somewhere in the middle of the optimal operating temperature range you'll be good to go. If you don't know what number that is, I typically use the values given when starting out on TT.

hilavoku
14-06-2018, 16:42
Hi Zeratall,

I will buy your tool, thats for sure but I want to ask if it's already possible to connect a running instance of PC2Tuner on a second Pc and then connect it to a PC running ProjectCars2? So we don't need to jump in and out of the game.

Thanks in advance and keep on going!

Zeratall
14-06-2018, 17:23
Yep that's why I developed it with UDP vs shared memory, you can totally use another pc, I personally use my laptop. Everything will work just fine!

hilavoku
14-06-2018, 17:25
Wow. Okay I just bougth it and will give it a try. That would be cool if I can get it to work!
Thanks!

Zeratall
14-06-2018, 17:46
Awesome be sure to join the discord, we have almost 200 users now, and it's the best way to ask me questions. Also a new update should be out this weekend.

Zeratall
16-06-2018, 00:21
Version 1.0.49 is now out updates include:

1) Took away the suspension pop up message, now the buttons disable and recolor when at their limits.
2) Added tire wear, brake temp peak, and brake temperature average to tire analysis.
3) Fixed the tab order on the login screen for the tune database.
4) Made the password blank on the tune database login not show. If you create an account, you will get a pop up box to confirm the password.
5) Fixed the issue where the tune database would sometimes lose your connection causing an error when uploading.
6) Added everything on the setup to "Notes" so users can enter the entire setup, and put them on tabs.
7) Added the damper knee speeds for front and rear so you no longer have to look at the damper graph to determine at what speed the dampers transition from low to high.
8) Added help write ups for each analysis, explaining how to perform the analysis, and how to interpret the results.
9) Added the Carlist for the new "Spirit of Le Mann" DLC (Amazing DLC BTW)

hilavoku
16-06-2018, 12:18
And you fixed the resizing issue. Nice work.

Zeratall
17-06-2018, 23:40
Version 1.0.51 is now out, update includes:
1) Changed the way the tire setup works, instead of taking instantenous data points, it takes a rolling average of 10,000 samples. This helps give a better "overall" picture and will help getting consistent temperature readings indepdent of where on the track you take them.
2) Added Engine Temp Peak and Average

Zeratall
27-06-2018, 23:27
Just a heads up working on an update to bring a full telemetry program into Pc2tuner, this will solve a lot of users needs to have an all in one program. The udp will also include pc2tuner signals that the current program uses, such as neutral steer, etc.

14ofClubs
07-07-2018, 23:11
Will this work on Win 7 and a PS4? If so I'm in.

Thanks,

Voodoochild
09-07-2018, 08:23
yes, as long as your ps4 and win7 computer are in the same network (both wireless or both cable) the PC2Tuner installed on your Win7 will be able to receive UDP data from the PS4

DozUK
09-07-2018, 08:37
Will this work on Win 7 and a PS4? If so I'm in.

Thanks,

Yes, that's my set up. Works great

Zeratall
09-07-2018, 21:23
Please take your post off the video series post, your double posting for the same issue. That being said I've told you several times now the issue is with your computer and not the program. I have approx 200 users and have not seen this issue. I'd be more than happy to help you troubleshoot the issue but I need you to join the discord for me to walk you through steps to try.

thydney1970
09-07-2018, 21:30
when are you online in discord tomorrow night? send pls a mail or pm here. thx

JasonSandwich
09-07-2018, 21:38
can somebody tell me how to get this PC2tool get working on a windows 10 PC. Purchased that tool but I don't have any chance til now to get that tool working. When running setup.exe nothing happens, even with deactivated av and firewall. Nothing an I'm very disappointed. Never purchased something before, which didn't work. that's why I can't recommend that tool until my issues are solved.

Right-click and run as administrator? If that fails, do you see anything in the Windows event viewer that suggests there's an application issue?

Zeratall
09-07-2018, 21:47
when are you online in discord tomorrow night? send pls a mail or pm here. thx

Hey bud, sent you an email, let. Me know if that works for you.

14ofClubs
10-07-2018, 08:57
Having problems getting udp to work. I can't seem to find anything in my PS4 settings to enable udp. I've never done anything like this with PS4 and a laptop. If anyone could point me to some resources is be grateful.

DozUK
10-07-2018, 09:06
Having problems getting udp to work. I can't seem to find anything in my PS4 settings to enable udp. I've never done anything like this with PS4 and a laptop. If anyone could point me to some resources is be grateful.

Hi, you're looking in the wrong place mate. The udp settings are in the game settings within project cars 2 and not a part of the PS4 settings. From memory, I can't remember exactly where they are but I can look tonight if you have no luck finding them. It's quite straight forward, you enable the project cars 2 upd and frequency of 1, then start a lap and get the app going on a laptop connected to the same router (wifi). It should just pick up the data once you hit connect to udp

14ofClubs
10-07-2018, 09:16
Hi, you're looking in the wrong place mate. The udp settings are in the game settings within project cars 2 and not a part of the PS4 settings. From memory, I can't remember exactly where they are but I can look tonight if you have no luck finding them. It's quite straight forward, you enable the project cars 2 upd and frequency of 1, then start a lap and get the app going on a laptop connected to the same router (wifi). It should just pick up the data once you hit connect to udp

I have PC2 udp protocol enabled in the game. No telemetry is coming to my laptop.

14ofClubs
10-07-2018, 09:22

I have PC2 udp protocol enabled in the game. No telemetry is coming to my laptop.

DozUK
10-07-2018, 11:37

In that case it will be your firewall within Windows (I had the same issue at first), go into it and give the permissions as shown below:

Voodoochild
10-07-2018, 11:54
also make sure your devices are in the same network. if one is connected with cable and the other with wireless, this won't work even though they are in the same subnet.
they must be both wireless or both wired.

RotaryTez
11-07-2018, 00:52
Hi Zeratall this my display scaling problem im facing with pc2tuner

HP Laptop 15' with windows 8.1 resolution on 1366x768 and font set at 125% which is a size i can see
websites and desktop just ok

but with your pc2tuner only scales right on 100% font size but that destroys all my settings on websites
and desktop really tiny font also on your pc2tuner... and win8.1 has no extra option to fix this?

only solution in zooming on every page on every website every time ... cant save it hassle

all so no luck with right clicking on your pc2tuner exe Compatibility mode ...Disable display scaling on high DPI settings on or off makes no difference?

pic below shows my problem bottom right hand corner with 125% font size
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257481&d=1531270279&thumb=1&stc=1

Zeratall
11-07-2018, 01:00
Yeah it's currently a winform bug that I haven't been able to find a solution for. The only solution is to disable font scaling unfortunately.

14ofClubs
11-07-2018, 08:29
Ok. I've followed everyone's suggestions and I am still not connected for udp telemetry. Getting flustered...

Zeratall
11-07-2018, 08:54
Can you verify the following:

in game settings:
UDP Protocol : "Project Cars 2"
UDP Frequency : 1

Laptop and PS4 are on the same network, they are both either wired or both are wireless?
Can you ping your PS4 on the network?

Also join the discord we can get you up and running in prob 5 minutes

14ofClubs
11-07-2018, 11:24
Happy to say I did get it working. I had my Wi-Fi on my laptop set to public and not my home so it saw me in public even though I was at my home. Thanks for the help everyone. Now to go down the rabbit hole...

DozUK
11-07-2018, 15:30
Happy to say I did get it working. I had my Wi-Fi on my laptop set to public and not my home so it saw me in public even though I was at my home. Thanks for the help everyone. Now to go down the rabbit hole...

That's great news 14, glad you got it going. I would advise joining the discord group too, lots of good information and advice is constantly knocked around on it. Learnt a lot just by reading the comments

14ofClubs
12-07-2018, 05:06
Zach,
Any chance of getting some way in your program to display data using a different unit of measure for those of us not on the metric system? Other than that I'm learning a lot. Slowly trying to grasp it all...

Olijke Poffer
12-07-2018, 07:41
Ok just bought it as well. Time to dive in tuning myself.. for that little amount I can’t go wrong.

VelvetTorpedo
12-07-2018, 12:48
for those that haven't, join the discord channel also: https://discord.gg/w2MeTey

ShneebnaMRR108
12-07-2018, 17:29
Ok just bought it as well. Time to dive in tuning myself.. for that little amount I can’t go wrong.

Best 10.00 I ever spent !!!

VelvetTorpedo
13-07-2018, 13:06
it's a FAR more worthwhile investment to pcars than any dlc pack could be. It helps you get the most out of every single car in the game.

Olijke Poffer
13-07-2018, 13:53
Now only try to understand how to tune with it..

VelvetTorpedo
13-07-2018, 14:33
with a little practice and the info on discord you'll be able to baseline any car with ease in no time

Zeratall
13-07-2018, 18:05
Now only try to understand how to tune with it..

If you have any questions please feel free to ask away in the discord, I also have a video series, called "Tune that Car" Where I show users how to use the tool, and how to identify adverse behavior in a car. you can find the video series here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu7L9YoPBpWEJ2SZbcgsvpEqHyshGoI3c

Zeratall
15-07-2018, 00:57
Exciting news in the RacingSimTools Familiy, we have recently hired another developer Longtomjr. We are hoping to get the new update window completed in the new week. Exciting time to pick up the tool!

Olijke Poffer
15-07-2018, 07:39
If you have any questions please feel free to ask away in the discord, I also have a video series, called "Tune that Car" Where I show users how to use the tool, and how to identify adverse behavior in a car. you can find the video series here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu7L9YoPBpWEJ2SZbcgsvpEqHyshGoI3c
Thanks. AI already did view some of them. The problem is, neither on those vids explain how to start. How to collect the data from the game etc, or did I missed that in one of your vids.
When I have some time today I will watch more vids.. the tool looks nice and I think a may be of a great use when tuning a car.

Zeratall
15-07-2018, 14:33
There is a "help" on each window that explains how to connect. The videos show more of how to interpert the results.

Hammerpgh
20-07-2018, 15:11
I am looking to pick this up over this weekend. I've been reading as much as I can here and over on the Racing Sim Tools website and Discord before taking the plunge but i'm sure I will need a fair bit of hand holding through it all still. Looking forward to getting started using this as it looks to be just what I need. Thanks for the heads-up @ShneebnaMRR108

Cheers

Hammerpgh
21-07-2018, 21:37
Damn!! Just read that both the pc running the program and the gaming device need to be connected in the same fashion, wireless or cable. Unfortunately that's not possible for me, my router is at one end of the room and my Xbox and the netbook I will use for PC2Tuner are at the other with the Xbox hard wired but the netbook has to be wireless. I guess that means I'm out of luck getting it to work right?

Olijke Poffer
21-07-2018, 21:58
Why must the notebook be connected via Wifi?

Hammerpgh
21-07-2018, 22:26
Why must the notebook be connected via Wifi?
Because the router is too far away to connect via cable. The Xbox is hard wired but I ran the cable underneath before I laid laminate flooring a couple of years ago, I would have to pull the flooring up to do the same again for the netbook.

Hammerpgh
22-07-2018, 06:42
Hi Zeratall this my display scaling problem im facing with pc2tuner

HP Laptop 15' with windows 8.1 resolution on 1366x768 and font set at 125% which is a size i can see
websites and desktop just ok

but with your pc2tuner only scales right on 100% font size but that destroys all my settings on websites
and desktop really tiny font also on your pc2tuner... and win8.1 has no extra option to fix this?

only solution in zooming on every page on every website every time ... cant save it hassle

all so no luck with right clicking on your pc2tuner exe Compatibility mode ...Disable display scaling on high DPI settings on or off makes no difference?

pic below shows my problem bottom right hand corner with 125% font size
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257481&d=1531270279&thumb=1&stc=1

This is the same problem I have found too.

Olijke Poffer
22-07-2018, 07:30
Because the router is too far away to connect via cable. The Xbox is hard wired but I ran the cable underneath before I laid laminate flooring a couple of years ago, I would have to pull the flooring up to do the same again for the netbook.
Why not add a hub. You will get for both a separate IP assignd by the router.

Zeratall
22-07-2018, 14:31
This is the same problem I have found too.

Windows scaling is broke for win forms rigjt now, not just for PC2Tuner, that being said a fix is in the works.

Olijke Poffer
22-07-2018, 14:57
Will start the tuning tool with my new favorite car the Ligier JS P3 LMP3. Haha that is a joy to drive especially in VR.
Very tiny noisy cockpit. I almost can smell the fuel and burning rubber..
never used the tool but with this car I’m happy to give it a go.

http://youtu.be/ZdsCcf3n-Us

wozza-m
22-07-2018, 15:40

Have you considered using power line adapters?

I use Devolo adapters around the house, which takes a lot of hassle out of structured networking and generally you should get better connectivity than just wireless.

ShneebnaMRR108
22-07-2018, 15:42
@Oli, let us know how you get on with the car ^^ and the tuner. Was the You Tube video with the Tuner or not? The more info the better !

Hammerpgh
22-07-2018, 15:46
Well I tried the program and it does still work even if the Xbox and laptop are connected differently so the issue is no longer an issue lol

Olijke Poffer
22-07-2018, 16:48
@Oli, let us know how you get on with the car ^^ and the tuner. Was the You Tube video with the Tuner or not? The more info the better !
Will do. This race was without the use of the tuner although I have tuned the car a little. But damn what a nice car to drive in.. I really have a great time with his one.

Zeratall
22-07-2018, 17:48
Well I tried the program and it does still work even if the Xbox and laptop are connected differently so the issue is no longer an issue lol

Yeah it should work regardless, I have noticed NICs in windows 10 have a hard time sometimes that's why it's recommended to keep them on the same type of connection. So if you have issues just try resetting the computer.

morpwr
22-07-2018, 20:39
Great tool!!! The only thing id like to see is more information on the shock settings. This would be especially useful for beginners.

Zeratall
23-07-2018, 00:43
Just giving everyone a sneak peak in addition to the design tool, and the amazing UDP tools we have created since we added our newest developer we are giving the UDP front a whole new look, here's a sneak peak.

Hammerpgh
23-07-2018, 08:28
Yeah it should work regardless, I have noticed NICs in windows 10 have a hard time sometimes that's why it's recommended to keep them on the same type of connection. So if you have issues just try resetting the computer.
I did notice that a couple of times the program caused some kind of exception error when I tried to run one of the analysis programs and each time it also caused my netbook to lose connection to my router.

Voodoochild
23-07-2018, 08:33
I did notice that a couple of times the program caused some kind of exception error when I tried to run one of the analysis programs and each time it also caused my netbook to lose connection to my router.

clean up pc2tuner handlers from task manager and restart the app, should fix the issue

the devs are looking into it

Zeratall
23-07-2018, 08:34
Yeah the udp system is getting over hauled completely which improves the UI as well as improve stability. Patch should be out this weekend.

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2018, 09:10
Oke perhaps I sound very stupid but I started the app yesterday. Watched your vid on the Ferrari 488 GTE.
You load in the default settings of this car and start immediately alter settings. But how do I know what to change?
You say, the bump and the rebound are high and a bit of a strange setup. Cool that you know this but for me as a nOOb I really can’t tell from this default setup what is a good or “normal” bump and rebound for example.
Everybody is telling this tool is great and helped them to setup a car with ease and although I really believe that and appriciate the tool and the effort you put in it, I can’t understand it at all.

Maybe it is just a matter of turning some knobs and see what it does with the car but as said you start immediately turning the knobs in your vid. I suppose this is your experience with tuning cars and therefore you know what to alter on forehand.

I do not see how this tool can make me a good tuner without any knowledge of car tuning. ;)

So I told I would start the tool with the Ligier JS P3 but when I load in the default tuning I see a whole lot of info but totally blind about what to set or leave as it is etc..
a bit hard to explain for me as English is not my native language and therefore it is a bit harder to express myself. I hope you understamd what I try to say here.

Zeratall
23-07-2018, 10:45
Oke perhaps I sound very stupid but I started the app yesterday. Watched your vid on the Ferrari 488 GTE.
You load in the default settings of this car and start immediately alter settings. But how do I know what to change?
You say, the bump and the rebound are high and a bit of a strange setup. Cool that you know this but for me as a nOOb I really can’t tell from this default setup what is a good or “normal” bump and rebound for example.
Everybody is telling this tool is great and helped them to setup a car with ease and although I really believe that and appriciate the tool and the effort you put in it, I can’t understand it at all.

Maybe it is just a matter of turning some knobs and see what it does with the car but as said you start immediately turning the knobs in your vid. I suppose this is your experience with tuning cars and therefore you know what to alter on forehand.

I do not see how this tool can make me a good tuner without any knowledge of car tuning. ;)

So I told I would start the tool with the Ligier JS P3 but when I load in the default tuning I see a whole lot of info but totally blind about what to set or leave as it is etc..
a bit hard to explain for me as English is not my native language and therefore it is a bit harder to express myself. I hope you understamd what I try to say here.

There is a learning curve as it's not a program to give you tunes, but a tool that helps you see the data in a way that makes it easy to make adjustments.

That being said If you read the "help" it'll explain the theory and suggested values for different types of cars I know the bump and rebound were high because they were at the top of the range.

Here is a picture of the help within the program.

Also if your looking to understand the basic concepts of the car, as in whst the dampers do and whst critical damping % is I recommend you watch my PC2Tuner "how to" series the video is when pc2tuner was young and you might not recognize the interface but all the concepts are the same.

https://youtu.be/OsJd-W0DVFM

Voodoochild
23-07-2018, 13:41

this is the dried-up-to-the-bone flowchart you need to follow:

1) springs (set them so spring bias is close to 0, using ride frequency values as Zeratall reported above)
2) dampers (set them so front to back have similar % of critical dampening, using values as Zeratall reported above - hish speed dampers should have a % between 30 and 40 in most of the cases)
3) damper histogram analisys (check if each histogram is kinda symmetric, also check that front to back you don't have big difference in average values - .1 is a good tolerance. Make corrections to dampers accordingly)
4) ride height analisys (blue line must be matching the red line - or be very slightly above it - in the straights)
5) tyre setup analisys (too long to explain check the videos)

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2018, 14:04
Cool thanks.. that makes sense.. :applouse:

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2018, 14:06
There is a learning curve as it's not a program to give you tunes, but a tool that helps you see the data in a way that makes it easy to make adjustments.

That being said If you read the "help" it'll explain the theory and suggested values for different types of cars I know the bump and rebound were high because they were at the top of the range.

Here is a picture of the help within the program.

Also if your looking to understand the basic concepts of the car, as in whst the dampers do and whst critical damping % is I recommend you watch my PC2Tuner "how to" series the video is when pc2tuner was young and you might not recognize the interface but all the concepts are the same.

https://youtu.be/OsJd-W0DVFM

Thanks for the help. I’m gonno find my way into tuning and this tool definitely will help..

Hammerpgh
24-07-2018, 08:08
Just giving everyone a sneak peak in addition to the design tool, and the amazing UDP tools we have created since we added our newest developer we are giving the UDP front a whole new look, here's a sneak peak.

I really can't wait for this update... I hate wishing my life away but this weekend can't come fast enough ;)

Zeratall
26-07-2018, 05:58
I really can't wait for this update... I hate wishing my life away but this weekend can't come fast enough ;)

Well the wait is over my good friends, thanks to our newest developer Longtomjr the UDP revamp Update is out, it now shows all of our special analysis in a typical telemtry screen where you can collect laps as you race and then compare all the data after the fact. All the data gets logged, so you no longer need to do laps for each analysis separately you can tune the entire car in about 5 laps now!!!!!!!

Olijke Poffer
26-07-2018, 07:15
That is an amazing update..

https://media.giphy.com/media/rjkJD1v80CjYs/giphy.gif

RotaryTez
26-07-2018, 07:32
Hi was happy to see an update but dpi scaling is even worse now with new version....after i scaled down to 100%

Diff help manual hard to read

Data boxes wont work

longtomjr
26-07-2018, 08:05
Hey RotaryTez. Can you please send me screenshots of the whole page on every tab, (just pm me). I want to try and see exactly what is broken and what is not so I can use that to update the UI.

Kind Regards
Longtomjr

Zeratall
26-07-2018, 08:07
Hi was happy to see an update but dpi scaling is even worse now with new version....after i scaled down to 100%

Data boxes wont work

Fixes for this have been posted in the Discord, I'd recommend asking around there to see if you can get your issue with DPI resolved. We are currently looking into DPI scaling,

Hammerpgh
26-07-2018, 12:49
Well the wait is over my good friends, thanks to our newest developer Longtomjr the UDP revamp Update is out, it now shows all of our special analysis in a typical telemtry screen where you can collect laps as you race and then compare all the data after the fact. All the data gets logged, so you no longer need to do laps for each analysis separately you can tune the entire car in about 5 laps now!!!!!!!

Wow!! Great work guys, this is brilliant. I'll be looking at this tonight (unless hell freezes over lol).

Zeratall
26-07-2018, 14:02
Wow!! Great work guys, this is brilliant. I'll be looking at this tonight (unless hell freezes over lol).

Your gonna love it!! But be sure to let us know what ya think!

morpwr
27-07-2018, 10:47
Does this update by itself like crew chief or do you have to do it yourself? I didn't have this when I tried it last night.

VelvetTorpedo
27-07-2018, 10:58
It updates automagicly. If you don't get the update, close and reopen and you'll be prompted.

morpwr
27-07-2018, 11:11
It updates automagicly. If you don't get the update, close and reopen and you'll be prompted.

Thanks ill try that tonight if it doesn't update again.

nhitrac
31-07-2018, 10:50
I’m curious about this tool.

The changes you make on the videos are quite extensive compared to the default settings. Does this mean that the default settings are way off and all wrong?

If so I wonder why the default settings are so off?

Cheers

morpwr
31-07-2018, 12:00
I’m curious about this tool.

The changes you make on the videos are quite extensive compared to the default settings. Does this mean that the default settings are way off and all wrong?

If so I wonder why the default settings are so off?

Cheers

I wont say they are wrong but I will say there is a lot left in some of the cars and in most cases the tool makes them much more drivable.

Olijke Poffer
31-07-2018, 12:36
I’m back from a short trip and will install my CSW v2.5 and this tool and start making my own setups. ;)
The temp won’t go down still 32celcius here and thus I have to live with it and use a big big big fan to keep things cool.

repsol23
31-07-2018, 16:13
I too wouldn't say the default setups are wrong, but when it comes to driving styles they could be way off for what you are liking. This is why the tuner app is so amazing, it makes the setup process much easier. It still involves some understanding of what changes need to be made but it sure beats the old school way of click this and see what happens. Lol.

bmanic
02-08-2018, 22:37
The analysis portion is asking for Tyre Diameter.. can't these be properly pre programmed into the analyzer, taking all the relevant data from the car selected? Or is this information not available for all cars? I'm currently testing PC2tuner on the Caterham SP300.

It also asks for the wheelbase and steering ratio. Same thing, can't these boxes just be populated right from the selected car in PC2Tuner itself?

morpwr
02-08-2018, 23:34
The analysis portion is asking for Tyre Diameter.. can't these be properly pre programmed into the analyzer, taking all the relevant data from the car selected? Or is this information not available for all cars? I'm currently testing PC2tuner on the Caterham SP300.

It also asks for the wheelbase and steering ratio. Same thing, can't these boxes just be populated right from the selected car in PC2Tuner itself?

That's my only complaint about the tool other then that its great.

Zeratall
03-08-2018, 01:18
Some data such as the wheel diameter, steering ratio, wheelbase are not avaliable or displayed in game as such we have no other option than require the user to input these values.

RotaryTez
03-08-2018, 02:31

Data boxes wont work

This might help others with small resolution settings on small laptops
i solved my dpi scaling and font problems .....now Data boxes are working fine and webpages are back to normal size

first reduce your font scaling to 100% Smallest Font so PC2TUNER works correctly on small resolution settings

then i used a firefox add-on called (No Squint Plus) works on chrome as well....its got global font setting section
that fixed all webpages back to normal 125% font again.........with out the hassle of using zoom-in every time u open one online

morpwr
03-08-2018, 13:51
Some data such as the wheel diameter, steering ratio, wheelbase are not avaliable or displayed in game as such we have no other option than require the user to input these values.

How important is wheel diameter because I don't see that being easy to find for a lot of cars?

Zeratall
03-08-2018, 15:35
We are making a list. If similar to the wheelbase most of the tire sizes are fairly easy to find because the class they are in mandates a specific tire size.

morpwr
03-08-2018, 21:35
We are making a list. If similar to the wheelbase most of the tire sizes are fairly easy to find because the class they are in mandates a specific tire size.

Cant you put tire diameter and wheelbase in as this shouldn't change and obviously steering ratio is up to us because its a variable. I love the tool by the way.:)

Zeratall
03-08-2018, 22:07
Yep that's what we're doing now, we're in the process of verifying all the correct settings so it takes a little bit of time to go through all the cars.

morpwr
03-08-2018, 22:19
Yep that's what we're doing now, we're in the process of verifying all the correct settings so it takes a little bit of time to go through all the cars.

Id like this post twice but it wont let me.

Zeratall
03-08-2018, 23:00
Hahaha we try, but big update in a few hours.

Zeratall
04-08-2018, 07:54
Everyone Version 2.0.1 is live, decided to go with a sneaky patch this time (but don't let it fool you, this is a big update). Updates include the following.

1) Fixed (we hope) the bug fix with random crashes.
2) Added Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT) for Suspension Data. Don't let it scare you (manuals to come). The tool lets you view the suspension data in the frequency domain to determine if your getting HS or LS distrubances, and if you need more or less overall damping.
3) Improved the Histogram accuracy, added a new metric (skewness,kurotosis).
Skewness:
If the number is positive, it means you need either more bump damping, or less rebound damping.
If the number is negative, it menas you need either more rebound damping, or less bump damping.

Kurtosis:
If the number is low it means the histogram is tall and skinny (stiffer suspension).
If the number is high it meanst he histogram is short and fat (softer suspension).
4) Added Traction Control and ABS to the Wheelspin Graph. These are optional but will draw a reference line on your wheelslip graph to help you see if your activating these driver aids.
5) Added Lateral Wheel Slip Angle, this graph indicates if you are achieving the ideal slip angle for the tire. Still waiting on SMS confirmation on ideal lateral slip angle for different tire compounds, but it's safe to assume its around 6-12 degrees.
6) Added Downforce Graph, this graph indicates how much normal force is acting on each wheel, on straights this is purely the downforce generated. in cornering it shows the downforce + weight transfer.

Olijke Poffer
04-08-2018, 08:01
Sounds like an awesome update. Thanks for all the effort. Now I’ve finally installed my new CSW and together with this update I should have a great first steps in tuning. Thumbs up..

Olijke Poffer
04-08-2018, 10:57
Is it possible to stay logged on to the tuner database instead of filling in my credentials every time? Should be a handy option. :o

MuddyPaws73
04-08-2018, 22:43
Really like your program. I'm a Mechanical Engineer that specializes in rotor dynamics, so I can really appreciate your work.

Anyway, it would great if we could save the analysis data too.

Zeratall
04-08-2018, 23:18
Very cool, mech engineer myself!!

That being said we're already working on the next release the saving /loading data is next.

bmanic
11-08-2018, 18:09

I highly suggest including at least the ones you already know/have information about. This is something one kind of expects as a paying customer. Basically you do not get the full functionality of the software without knowing these.

Would it be possible to get the in-game wheel diameter from a decoded pC2 install (which is needed for modding as far as I know)? If I remember correctly each car has some basic physics text file that lists all kinds of things. Or maybe it would be possible to ask Casey or Jussi to post the missing data?

cpcdem
11-08-2018, 19:38
For the wheel diameter I think it should be easy to deduce it from the telemetry data, just read wheel rpm and vehicle speed while on track and this should give the diameter. For the rest I see no easy solution...

Y22 Rydr
11-08-2018, 21:10
I highly suggest including at least the ones you already know/have information about. This is something one kind of expects as a paying customer. Basically you do not get the full functionality of the software without knowing these.

Would it be possible to get the in-game wheel diameter from a decoded pC2 install (which is needed for modding as far as I know)? If I remember correctly each car has some basic physics text file that lists all kinds of things. Or maybe it would be possible to ask Casey or Jussi to post the missing data?

Even without the missing data the program is worth it. The data that is not auto-populated does not require much research as there is a spreadsheet which lists them. Steering ratio is driver dependent.

This application is not a silver bullet, but it is pretty close and the amount of time tuning a car for the driver is substantially reduced.

Zeratall
12-08-2018, 00:57
Exactly what Y22 said, this is suppose to be a tool, in which RST provides training and help with via the RST discord. There are some inputs that are always going to be unknown and require users to input them, that's the nature of the game, and even pro software requires the same. Additionally, the price of the tool is priced such that it is suppose to be a tool. It's not a program that just tunes the car for you. Once you understand the graphs which we pride ourselves on helping with, it's hard to imagin tuning a car without it.

Also the list is already publicly available as we go through and correct the ones that are incorrect.

ShneebnaMRR108
12-08-2018, 13:47
I actually prefer to input the required variables myself. The RST tool has reduced the TtT (Time to Tune) and breathed new life into the game. Even if you are already a good tuner, who wouldn't want to at least check yourself against a benchmark. Who knows, you might actually find something you never expected.

Great work on the part of the RST development team.

Voodoochild
13-08-2018, 09:17
a little trick to figure ut the correct diameters to input: start with some sensible figure (gt3 cars IRL usually have 680-705 diameters) and plot your chart, then adjust the diameters so all the 4 lines will start from 0. When you hit "enter" the chart will auto update.

bmanic
13-08-2018, 19:16
If there already is a spreadsheet with the data then why on earth is it beneficial for the user to have to manually insert that known data? I just don't understand this kind of logic. Steering ratio I can understand, but even here it should definitely use the DEFAULT car setup steering ratio to start with. I suspect very few people change this (sometimes I do, most of the time I don't).

My point is this: The company that sells the program has this data. Why not have all the known data be entered from the get-go? The very reason I purchase these kinds of software is to make things quicker and easier. Most of this can be done manually and calculated yourself with an excell spreadsheet. Heck Jussis excel sheet is a great start already.

.. but I'm willing to spend money on things that make everything quicker and easier. When I do spend money I expect stuff to improve.. so thist was my suggestion. Automatically enter all the known data. If it is unknown, then yeah sure.. let the user insert it and as soon as it's verified to be correct data, then add that to the next update.

Zeratall
13-08-2018, 20:32
Again, we are going through the list and checking them all, we provided the list to get users a starting point, the intent is to integrate our list with the program when we're done.

We are working dilligently and as quickly as possible, but we want to provide accurate data to our users. This data has to be manually farmed because it's not publicly available from SMS. If it was, this feature would have been avaliable at release.

ShneebnaMRR108
13-08-2018, 22:56
I would "suspect" that quite a few users change the Steering Ratios. Especially since it's known to also effect the FFB, as stated on this forum elsewhere. If in fact the Steering ratio was already input automatically, and you wanted to change it, then it would be a Tab over, Delete, and Enter, instead of just a Tab over, and Enter. Trivial stuff really.

Voodoochild
14-08-2018, 00:18
When I do spend money I expect stuff to improve.. so thist was my suggestion.

pc2tuner went from being a pretty simple suspension calculator to be a pretty awesome and complete telemetry tool in like 3 months, while the price went from 10$ to... 10$.

so yes, stuff is improving.

Hammerpgh
17-08-2018, 09:57
I love this tool and think it's incredible value for money at just $10 despite all the improvements that have been made to it over the last month or so. I do have to admit to struggling to understand fully how to use it at the moment though and am really waiting on the release of the manuals to give me a better understanding of all things involved in this great tool. I do access Discord to check up on things as well and have enjoyed reading through everything on there and have copied and pasted bits and pieces to try to give me a crib sheet of what I need to do but if honest I do find that particular medium quite difficult at times with it's very linear structure so finding anything in particular isn't the simplest. But that's just me as I am so used to the generic forum structure of things lol

As for the entering of the the missing data that is no problem as far as I am concerned providing I know what to enter which is where I was struggling somewhat with the wheel diameter for instance. But having had some advice from ShneebnaMRR108 and seeing the post of Voodoochild above (post 235) I am now up to speed on how to get that correct. Maybe that's something that could be added to tool to highlight to other users like me that are unaware that the data from the car info spreadsheet might not necessarily be correct.

Fantastic work though by everyone involved in this gem and something that I know will get a lot of use from me over the months (and years) that I am playing this great game. I would be happy to pay extra for the improvements that have been made as the work involved is very much appreciated :applouse:

morpwr
17-08-2018, 11:31
I love this tool and think it's incredible value for money at just $10 despite all the improvements that have been made to it over the last month or so. I do have to admit to struggling to understand fully how to use it at the moment though and am really waiting on the release of the manuals to give me a better understanding of all things involved in this great tool. I do access Discord to check up on things as well and have enjoyed reading through everything on there and have copied and pasted bits and pieces to try to give me a crib sheet of what I need to do but if honest I do find that particular medium quite difficult at times with it's very linear structure so finding anything in particular isn't the simplest. But that's just me as I am so used to the generic forum structure of things lol

As for the entering of the the missing data that is no problem as far as I am concerned providing I know what to enter which is where I was struggling somewhat with the wheel diameter for instance. But having had some advice from ShneebnaMRR108 and seeing the post of Voodoochild above (post 235) I am now up to speed on how to get that correct. Maybe that's something that could be added to tool to highlight to other users like me that are unaware that the data from the car info spreadsheet might not necessarily be correct.

Fantastic work though by everyone involved in this gem and something that I know will get a lot of use from me over the months (and years) that I am playing this great game. I would be happy to pay extra for the improvements that have been made as the work involved is very much appreciated :applouse:

Did you find the drop down boxes in the upper left corner? It tells you were to start tuning and gives you tips on most of the stuff in the tuner. I don't remember if its under help or tools.

VelvetTorpedo
17-08-2018, 12:28
'Help' has a manual and a tuning workflow you can follow

Hammerpgh
17-08-2018, 13:40
I did look at some of the help but maybe I missed something. I have I have been away for the past couple of weeks so the recent update which I believe was a BIG one has so far escaped me but I will give it a good look over as soon as I am able to spend some time with it again.

What I was looking for was something very basic for someone like me that has absolutely no engineering background..ie if the graph shows this, do this....

repsol23
17-08-2018, 15:14
I did look at some of the help but maybe I missed something. I have I have been away for the past couple of weeks so the recent update which I believe was a BIG one has so far escaped me but I will give it a good look over as soon as I am able to spend some time with it again.

What I was looking for was something very basic for someone like me that has absolutely no engineering background..ie if the graph shows this, do this....

I agree, it can be daunting and overwhelming, but there are lots of people on the discord channel that can give a hand. You might even be able to take a setup off of the database and just tweak that one to your liking. Best of luck!!

poirqc
21-08-2018, 02:28
It's getting late. For the life of me, I can't see the 'connect to UDP' button in PC2Tuner 2.0.1.

UDP settings are set at advised in the pCars2. Can I run both PC2Tuner and pCars 2 on the same PC?

Thanks,

g.stew
21-08-2018, 02:30
It's getting late. For the life of me, I can't see the 'connect to UDP' button in PC2Tuner 2.0.1.

UDP settings are set at advised in the pCars2. Can I run both PC2Tuner and pCars 2 on the same PC?

Thanks,

No button anymore (although I think it still says it in the help). Just start driving and once you finish a lap, you'll start to see data. Yes, you can run both on the same pc.

Zeratall
21-08-2018, 03:58
New update is out, updates include:

- Fixed random crash which was related to packets being dropped
- Added lap time indicator next to laps in the treeView
- Added the ability to save and load telemetry

Hammerpgh
21-08-2018, 07:54
I had a first look at the tool last night after a couple of weeks break while I have been away and the improvements are just amazing, great job guys, very impressive :)

I'll have to look again tonight now that further enhancements have been made and in particular love the ability to save the telemetry data now, that's a HUGE bonus. Also, pleased to see the lap time has been included now. Fantastic work guys... this gem is certainly worth so much more than the 10$ shelled out for it.

poirqc
21-08-2018, 10:31
No button anymore (although I think it still says it in the help). Just start driving and once you finish a lap, you'll start to see data. Yes, you can run both on the same pc.

Thanks for the cue!

poirqc
22-08-2018, 01:57
Really like the ride heigth part to check how much rake there is! :D

Easier than checking the telemetry hud! Makes finding the sweet spot really easy