PDA

View Full Version : Happy half birthday to PCARS2! :)

cpcdem
22-03-2018, 04:29
If I'm not mistaken, today it's exactly 6 months since release, right? It's been an extremely full and interesting half year, from the shock we got on release seeing how good this game is and how feature rich it is, to the small disappointment as we were discovering plenty of issues :), to the joy of getting the DLCs, the patches that fixed and improved tons of things (and broke some others :)), filled with countless hours for many of us racing in it day after day after day...

Here's wishing all the best for the next 6 months and further for PC2, to grow and improve even more and completely fulfill it's potential, to be the absolute racing sim to date!

g.stew
22-03-2018, 06:53
I think I've spent more time with it than any previous of this genre. It also feels like there has been a lot of progress in that short period. I've only been playing since mid November though so maybe it's just that I've seen such big progress in that period.

Anyway, being that it's been 6 months, I think everyone at SMS should get the day off tomorrow. Go on, you deserve it. We'll clear it with Ian ;)

Keena
22-03-2018, 08:09
The future looks good for this franchise I'd say. The team at SMS can be rightfully proud of what they hace achieved, turning a dream into reality. Any new project like this is going to be a very public development and the trajectory is very much upwards. There was a time when i doubted, but now i can really say brand loyalty is starting to develop. Well done and happy half birthday ;)

PostBox981
22-03-2018, 11:27
What I find most impressive is how many people are saying that there is no need to replace PC2 with a successor as it fulfills all (well, at least most) of their wishes. Me included. I could hardly imagine what else could add to the experience, apart from some small improvements of what we already have here and there. Grats, SMS, this is a masterpiece!

IceShaft
22-03-2018, 12:30
I agree, this game is so great I can't really imagine what else could be added to a new game to make it even better! Maybe some cars or tracks, some details here and there but the core of the game is already awesome the way it is right now.
A second year season pass would be just great considering the incredible quality of the DLC we've got so far.
No hurry for PC3, instead let's focus on that cool idea of the off-road spin off mentioned by Ian some time ago... :rolleyes:
Congratulations to the team for this masterpiece!

Keena
22-03-2018, 14:12
I'm hoping they hire the guy who developed pcars profiler for the next instalment and then the race engineer can really get picky! "Lets look at your telemetry data to see where you're losing time.." ;) Single player career immersion somehow as well. Maybe even a modular system like DCS World where you get the base game a bit cheaper with some generic cars and a training section then you can purchase championships like the BTCC, Ginetta Juniors etc etc in much more detail? Great marketing opportunities with the email system in that case... you have a contract offer and just like the real world, you'll need to part with an entrance fee... Who knows, but the future certainly is bright :)

Konan
22-03-2018, 14:25
Let's not turn this into another whislist please...

ScaredDuck
22-03-2018, 14:34
I thought only girls remembered things like 6 month birthdays and anniversary etc. :cool:

Tongue firmly in my cheek

cpcdem
22-03-2018, 14:46
I thought only girls remembered things like 6 month birthdays and anniversary etc. :cool:

I'll pretend I never read this :)

Stewy32
22-03-2018, 18:38
Happy 6 months!