PDA

View Full Version : Is there a low fuel indicator warning anywhere?

Jonbazookaboz
23-03-2018, 00:02
I run out of fuel so damned often!

foxymop
23-03-2018, 01:37
Bottom right corner.............

You have a icon and a value. It will get red if you run out of gas...

Invincible
23-03-2018, 05:56
Some cars (not all of them though) have a fuel warning light on the dashboard.

Atak Kat
23-03-2018, 06:24
To add:
If you have the speedometer graphic in your HUD, then you can see the fuel there. I think most people have this on-screen.
Inside the HUD speedometer, on the left, is shown the remaining fuel. It usually turns red when it gets low (I think it blinks too). But from what I've seen 'low' is usually around 1 lap of fuel (+/-). I think it's related to estimated 1 lap, because I find that on long tracks (Nordschleife) it comes on at different time than shorter tracks (ie. RedBull).
But 1 lap is not much warning. And if for some reason you miss the warning, or miss the pit entry after you do your lap, you're screwed.
I haven't seen any other sort of warning (like a pop up message or anything) so far.

FlakNine
23-03-2018, 09:06
Pretty sure I've heard CrewChief warn me when I'm running low on fuel. Check it out here: http://thecrewchief.org/

David Slute
23-03-2018, 13:11
Does anyone else find it odd that the car just stops when out of gas with no sputter or warning first?

banner77amc
23-03-2018, 13:55
My fuel gage is very readable...252168

MaXyM
23-03-2018, 17:07
Does anyone else find it odd that the car just stops when out of gas with no sputter or warning first?

Yep. I found it strange, too. Especially that such game like rfactor (created 15 years ago) had it implemented in the way you are asking for.

Scott Coffey
23-03-2018, 18:39
In Pcars1, the low fuel indicator was larger and hard to miss. I never notice the tiny little red icon buried in the speedo. I can't tell you the number of times I've run out of fuel during qualifying.

g.stew
23-03-2018, 20:42
Pretty sure I've heard CrewChief warn me when I'm running low on fuel. Check it out here: http://thecrewchief.org/

Yea, he will even tell you how many laps worth of fuel you have left based on your consumption so far. Very useful, except in the middle of my last lap when he jumps in to tell me I have 2 laps of fuel left ;)

MaXyM
23-03-2018, 21:05
And CC doesn't tell you you are going out of fuel in private practice. So you may be surprised by sudden engine shut down.
Also in race it can make "mistake" in fuel prediction, especially if you have to go for additional lap after a leader finished a race.

But once you know what you can expect, it's indispensable

micmansour
31-03-2018, 14:00
You'd think it wouldn't be too hard to get ol' mate to tell you over the radio to watch your fuel, or come in for a splash

Keena
31-03-2018, 22:03

"Hows my fuel?" Gives total remaining and burn per lap.. hes very good is Crew Chief :)

g.stew
31-03-2018, 22:21
"Hows my fuel?" Gives total remaining and burn per lap.. hes very good is Crew Chief :)

Yea, it's something you don't know you need until you use it, and then you wonder how you ever played without it.

Keena
01-04-2018, 06:18
Yea, it's something you don't know you need until you use it, and then you wonder how you ever played without it.

Ive turned off all of the HUD displays for "immersion" so now if I have an altercation on track its a little more of a squeaky sounding "hows the car?" followed by a holding of the breath until he comes back with "its fine-only minor damage etc.. even the "where should I defend" is useful for figuring out which corners I'm slow on compared to the AI. "Calculate fuel for xyz" another great feature! Its a quite incredible bit of work from the guy who developed it. SMS offer this guy a job! ;)