PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter which team you pick in career.

ScaredDuck
26-03-2018, 02:02
When youve picked which car to drive in career and then you choose which livery. depending what livery you chose. Your obviouly choosing to race for that team but only just noticed the wording off the contract is different between teams. Does it have any relevance? Never thought about it before. Say youve for example chose GT5 does team choice have any bearing on car performance. Although GT5 cars are the same. but still some teams are still stronger than others

Cholton82
26-03-2018, 09:23
It would be good if teams had different goals that were set , For instance AF Corsa stipulate that they expect you to challenge for podiums and race wins every race and that in order for your contract to be renewed you must fullfil this requirement , and maybe a lesser team in say the Ginetta only require points finishes.

Keena
26-03-2018, 10:15
Interesting question. Ive wondered this myself. Anyone?

Invincible
26-03-2018, 10:20
When youve picked which car to drive in career and then you choose which livery. depending what livery you chose. Your obviouly choosing to race for that team but only just noticed the wording off the contract is different between teams. Does it have any relevance? Never thought about it before. Say youve for example chose GT5 does team choice have any bearing on car performance. Although GT5 cars are the same. but still some teams are still stronger than others

Long story short: No it doesn't matter which team you choose. The only difference is the colour of your car.
I think this would be a goal for Pcars3.

Tank621
26-03-2018, 10:40
I swear at somepoint I saw someone mention that a couple teams used a different tire than the other cars

I'm not sure of it's actually true but that's the only difference I can think of

Bealdor
26-03-2018, 10:47
I swear at somepoint I saw someone mention that a couple teams used a different tire than the other cars

I'm not sure of it's actually true but that's the only difference I can think of

That's only a visual difference. Some tire brands are tied to specific liveries for licensing reasons.

foxymop
26-03-2018, 12:11
Different objectives would be cool. But the difficulty would also had to increase.

Mahjik
26-03-2018, 13:46
PC1 was already sort of like that which is what people complained about. The way it is in PC2 is because of all the complaints of the PC1 career.

Keena
26-03-2018, 13:54
Did it make a difference which team you chose in career mode in PC1? What were the main complaints of PC1 career mode? Im a relatively recent forum joiner (since PC2 came out).

Bealdor
26-03-2018, 13:56
Did it make a difference which team you chose in career mode in PC1?

You only contract offers from teams depending on your performance in lower classes and/or if you chose to start in that specific tier.
For example, if you won GT4 you got different offers compared to if you directly started your career in GT3 series.

Invincible
26-03-2018, 13:57
Did it make a difference which team you chose in career mode in PC1? What were the main complaints of PC1 career mode? Im a relatively recent forum joiner (since PC2 came out).

Sort of, because there was mostly only 1 team per car. So when you wanted to drive an Aston Martin GT3, you had to pick team XY anyway.

Mahjik
26-03-2018, 13:58

The #1 complaint was that people couldn't use the car (skin/paint scheme) they wanted in their career. That was done by design because as a racer, you get an offer for a team you don't get to tell the team what color car you will drive. You drive whatever color the sponsors are.. That was too much realism for most people.

Keena
26-03-2018, 14:17
^ Ahh thats a real shame. Thanks for the info. I quite agree- if youre starting out you dont get to pick and choose. I kind of wanted that fight- staet in a rubbish car and fight to improve. Its a classic example if the gratification culture devaluing the very thing people want, by increasing accesibility to it.

Its a strange behaviour too the more i think aboit it. What sort of racing driver picks a car because of how it looks as opposed to how fast it is? It could be a pretty pink with rabbits on it, if it goes like a rocket im still gonna sign on the line..

dodge33cymru
27-03-2018, 01:05
What sort of racing driver picks a car because of how it looks as opposed to how fast it is?

One doing it for fun...

ScaredDuck
27-03-2018, 01:20
Erm one who owns his own team

Keena
27-03-2018, 09:56
I guess it kind of returns to the game v sim debate in that case. Do you want to give people a taste of the pressures of a real career or keep it at the just for fun level. F1 2017 was on offer a few days ago and i have to say im looking forward to getting back home in a few days so i can try out its single player career mode. Even the most ardent of PC2 supporters (and im one if them) cannot fail to admit that the career mode is really just a series of custom races with a cismetic and irrelevant contract system and emails that have zero meaning.
Opportunity missed from where im sitting. But i still enjoy the game thoroughly- as you say, its a lot of fun.

simsimsheree
28-03-2018, 05:26
Do the teams that challenge you the most, that either win or podium next to you change when you run the series a second time?

If they don't, it might be worth joining one of them so your teammate can help propel the team to a win even if you don't always podium..!

CassielLight
29-03-2018, 04:19
I guess it kind of returns to the game v sim debate in that case. Do you want to give people a taste of the pressures of a real career or keep it at the just for fun level. F1 2017 was on offer a few days ago and i have to say im looking forward to getting back home in a few days so i can try out its single player career mode. Even the most ardent of PC2 supporters (and im one if them) cannot fail to admit that the career mode is really just a series of custom races with a cismetic and irrelevant contract system and emails that have zero meaning.
Opportunity missed from where im sitting. But i still enjoy the game thoroughly- as you say, its a lot of fun.

I see your point, BUT.

Too many cinematics, narrative set pieces, or what have you, would invariably constrain whatever story the user tells himself.

Take, for instance, Road To the Show in MLB 18. There is now no way, without equipment, to get all your attributes to cap. And instead of being an up and coming prospect, you're a mid to late round pick. So there are some narrative walls, which is new for that series. Reaction to that, out of the box, has been mixed, by critics and fans alike.

One of the challenges in long-term modes is how much narrative control to give to the user. Too much of a narrative in the program, is constraining to the user; not enough of a narrative in the program, and modern users say it's too bare bones.

The design choice here--and SMS, please CMIIW--is to give the user the most freedom possible, even if that is purchased with a lack of "story." Detailed narratives invariably restrict user choices. I think what the industry at large is seeing right now, is an exploration of what exactly the proper balance is, between user choice and high production narrative.

Keena
29-03-2018, 15:43
I see your point, BUT.

Too many cinematics, narrative set pieces, or what have you, would invariably constrain whatever story the user tells himself.

Take, for instance, Road To the Show in MLB 18. There is now no way, without equipment, to get all your attributes to cap. And instead of being an up and coming prospect, you're a mid to late round pick. So there are some narrative walls, which is new for that series. Reaction to that, out of the box, has been mixed, by critics and fans alike.

One of the challenges in long-term modes is how much narrative control to give to the user. Too much of a narrative in the program, is constraining to the user; not enough of a narrative in the program, and modern users say it's too bare bones.

The design choice here--and SMS, please CMIIW--is to give the user the most freedom possible, even if that is purchased with a lack of "story." Detailed narratives invariably restrict user choices. I think what the industry at large is seeing right now, is an exploration of what exactly the proper balance is, between user choice and high production narrative.

Good point well presented. Perhaps there's scope for improvement with the email system- I'm sure that better minds than mine can come up with creative ideas. To not even bother because as it is now is good enough is not really a point of view I'd be happy to run with moving forward though.