PDA

View Full Version : How are equal qualifying times handled?

g.stew
27-03-2018, 05:10
Do we know the rules for equal qualifying times in-game? I only know F1 rules where the first driver to get the time places higher. I'm not sure how other motorsports are handled or how the game handles it.

I was doing a 10 minute qualifying session last night with 25 GTE AI at Leipzig.

On my 3rd to last lap, I got a time that put me in 2nd place.
On the next lap, I went off in S3, so that one and the next(final) one wouldn't count.
That next lap was the last one of the session and I was still in 2nd when I crossed the line (time was up).

When the qualifying results came up, I was in 3rd, and the AI in 2nd place had the exact same time as me.

So is there a different set of rules for equal qualifying times, or are there additional decimal points used to compare the times that just aren't visible to us?

simsimsheree
28-03-2018, 05:47
Whoever has the prettier grid girls... :victorious:

Sankyo
28-03-2018, 06:53
My guess is that the AI had a slightly faster qualification time in the digits that aren't shown (times are rounded).

g.stew
28-03-2018, 15:36
My guess is that the AI had a slightly faster qualification time in the digits that aren't shown (times are rounded).

That's what I was thinking. In F1, I know they track a few more decimal places, but don't use them to compare. There was a 3 way tie a few years ago where they could have decided it with the timing data but the rules give the places in the order they got the times.