PDA

View Full Version : Tire Temperature Guide?

ecstaticbrick
27-03-2018, 08:56
Is there a visual chart that I can look at that shows all the different stages/ indicators of tire condition? and a description of what exactly is being described by the lines on the icons?

simsimsheree
28-03-2018, 05:37
I must admit, I'd like a clearer visual path from cold to optimal to overheated in the game. Unless coming straight out on colds, it's generally slightly blue-ish green to slightly yellow-ish green (or is that slightly green-ish yellow?!) to express the entire range of temperatures. Perhaps a more primary set of colors would enable easier recognition of overheating?

I'd certainly like to see a blazing red for tires well above their operating temperatures..! When racing, little more than a quick glance is all you can spare, and trying to judge which end of the blue-ish green to yellow-ish green spectrum you are at, especially in marginal light conditions, can be quite tricky. A wider color gamut from blue through green into yellow and then through orange into red might provide an easier way of telling when you are cooking them off!

A quick flash of red at lockup might also be a splendid way of determining easily (if you don't have 5.1 surround) whether you are locking up the fronts or backs or both under heavy braking before it turns into a bad wear situation...

wings596
28-03-2018, 07:48
I must admit, I'd like a clearer visual path from cold to optimal to overheated in the game. Unless coming straight out on colds, it's generally slightly blue-ish green to slightly yellow-ish green (or is that slightly green-ish yellow?!) to express the entire range of temperatures. Perhaps a more primary set of colors would enable easier recognition of overheating?

I'd certainly like to see a blazing red for tires well above their operating temperatures..! When racing, little more than a quick glance is all you can spare, and trying to judge which end of the blue-ish green to yellow-ish green spectrum you are at, especially in marginal light conditions, can be quite tricky. A wider color gamut from blue through green into yellow and then through orange into red might provide an easier way of telling when you are cooking them off!

A quick flash of red at lockup might also be a splendid way of determining easily (if you don't have 5.1 surround) whether you are locking up the fronts or backs or both under heavy braking before it turns into a bad wear situation...

I agree with this completely: my thoughts and wishes exactly!

The whole thing of tyre temperatures - what they should be, how best to get them there, the difference they make to grip and braking performance ... as a newbie this is a major hang up for me, as I'm struggling to devote the time (my fault, I know!) to put in enough practice time to get to grips (sorry ...!) with it all ... but until I do, any realistic, effective racing / performance is impossible against any meaningful level of AI opposition because my car simply doesn't handle consistently enough for any length of time.

Starting on cold tyres for practice, so every pit visit means they go back to cold again (?) ... but start on on warmed tyres for races ...

Clearly a lot of people can / have managed all this ... but I'm struggling with this fundamental aspect, to the point that the wonderful variety of cars available is something of a waste to me, as I haven't yet learned to master the tyres and setup of one single (slow!) car yet ...

I can race ... but I cannot RACE!