PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911 RSR in Career

DanBeats90
27-03-2018, 21:01
Hi all. Just wondering whether the 911 RSR is available to select in all GTE categories like all the other original GTE cars? I know this wasn't the case with DLC in PC1, hoping it has been rectified for PC2!

g.stew
27-03-2018, 21:15
I'm currently using it in the last career stage.

DanBeats90
27-03-2018, 21:18
In the Global Endurance Championship? Perfect, thanks very much!

g.stew
27-03-2018, 21:37
In the Global Endurance Championship? Perfect, thanks very much!

Yea, that's the one. Mixed with LMP1 and LMP2. I'm playing at AI strength 100 & aggression 100 and it's been pretty competitive with the others in the class. I'm just on the short season right now. I got 3rd in class at Fuji and really liked it around there once I got my setup dialed in. I was able to qualify 1st there but didn't have the pace with my race setup. I got 5th at cota and just couldn't get a setup feeling right that would work for the day to night transition. I'm currently prepping for the 2 hour Le Mans race but I'm likely going to have to repeat the setied. It's been a lot of fun to drive.

Cholton82
28-03-2018, 07:58
Out of curiosity do the AI use the RSR if you don't use it ? The reason I ask is because I started the Global Endurance Championship last weekend in the Corvette and there is no Porsche in the GTE class or is it random . Think my class is made up of BMW , Ferrari , Corvette and Fords.

Bealdor
28-03-2018, 08:00
Out of curiosity do the AI use the RSR if you don't use it ? The reason I ask is because I started the Global Endurance Championship last weekend in the Corvette and there is no Porsche in the GTE class or is it random . Think my class is made up of BMW , Ferrari , Corvette and Fords.

The Porsche has very few liveries IIRC. That's why it's not very likely that the AI will choose this car.

Cholton82
28-03-2018, 08:10
ahh yes your right it does , I would of picked it but I was hoping the sound might get tweaked in an upcoming patch .

Atak Kat
28-03-2018, 09:23
Love this car. Discovered GTE only recently. Been also entering more on-line races with it, and it is fantastic. Love it.
Not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but I'm much faster in the RSR than I am with the GT3 Porsche. Handles so much nicer in my opinion.
(do agree though, the sound is a bit 'buzzy' for me..... seems a bit strange....)

Stewy32
28-03-2018, 09:35
Love this car. Discovered GTE only recently. Been also entering more on-line races with it, and it is fantastic. Love it.
Not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but I'm much faster in the RSR than I am with the GT3 Porsche. Handles so much nicer in my opinion.
(do agree though, the sound is a bit 'buzzy' for me..... seems a bit strange....)

GTE is quicker by 2s a lap at least

g.stew
28-03-2018, 15:26

I did get the other rsr in my career, but I just got lucky. In other custom races I've done, the other one isn't there a lot of the time.

Ofnir4
28-03-2018, 15:39
In quick races, the cars are selected by liveries, the RSR only has two, all the others combined must be at least 60 (random number, I didn't count), so you have 1/30 change to get an AI RSR.

For the career, I've run the GEC at least 5 times, my GTE field (whether I was in it or in another class, but the overall number of cars in the class in dependent on your presence, in LMP2 there are only 4 cars if you are not in it.) was always 4 Ford GT, 2 Vantage, 2 Ferrari 488 and 2 M6 GTLM. But I've run GTE twice, in the Ford and Ferrari. Taking the Porsche probably just removes a pair of Ford to make ways for your pair of RSR. (or any car you take that isn't automatically selected by the AI, leaving just the C7R and the RSR)

Sentry87
28-03-2018, 16:12
Just imagine when we get the ts050, Porsche 919 we'll never see a.i pick those in custom races with the dozens of marek and rwd liveries

Ofnir4
28-03-2018, 16:18
They may still get their own class, for one having the TS040 and TS050 battling each other makes no sense (Toyota could see it that way and have some kind of clause to prevent any competition between the two) and the performance gap from 2014 to 2016 is quite important (more hybrid, manual deployment etc).