PDA

View Full Version : problem with the tires on the Touring car

seb02
28-03-2018, 12:12
That is, on the TC clio, and TC cars (Merceces TCC, Megane TCC, AStra TCR and BMW 320 TC), the rear tires do not warm up. I can not reach a normal temperature even if I lower the pressure. Do you have any advice ?
I tried summer on tracks like Barcelona, ​​the temperature is just 70 , which is too little.
Thank you

Bealdor
28-03-2018, 12:16
Well, they're not driven and have almost no weight to carry.
It's almost impossible to get them into the optimal temp window.

AbeWoz
28-03-2018, 12:31
That is, on the TC clio, and TC cars (Merceces TCC, Megane TCC, AStra TCR and BMW 320 TC), the rear tires do not warm up. I can not reach a normal temperature even if I lower the pressure. Do you have any advice ?
I tried summer on tracks like Barcelona, ​​the temperature is just 70 , which is too little.
Thank you

Well, they're not driven and have almost no weight to carry.
It's almost impossible to get them into the optimal temp window.

the nature of FWD cars...although i *thought* the BMW was RWD.....

either way, pretty much set the rear cold pressures at the recommended target temperature (or close to it) of 2.0-2.1 bar

Killg0re NL
28-03-2018, 13:32
I tend to put the Toe in to -1.0 to get some more heat in to it

Sum Dixon-Ear
28-03-2018, 14:34
You can also close the brake ducts to generate a little more heat.

maxx69
29-03-2018, 08:05
I've been driving the BMW in our championship and it's terrible .....what the hell has happened to it ????
A little secret I'll let you in on ..
I've been using the rain tyres (don't tell anyone) they last for the 20 min sprint races we've been running and they work loads better in the cold conditions.

Getting back to the BMW .....WTF have you done to this car SMS ????

Negative toe will also help generate some heat

Zaskarspants
29-03-2018, 10:38
I've been driving the BMW in our championship and it's terrible .....what the hell has happened to it ????
A little secret I'll let you in on ..
I've been using the rain tyres (don't tell anyone) they last for the 20 min sprint races we've been running and they work loads better in the cold conditions.

Getting back to the BMW .....WTF have you done to this car SMS ????

Negative toe will also help generate some heat

I have seen many people say they expirience rain tyres being fastest in the dry, across many formulas.

Every time I have tried I have found that the rain tyres are NOT faster in the dry. It may be something about certain peoples driving styles or set ups perhaps? I use default loose and tend to drive with lots of slides.

I will have a go later with the wets.

maxx69
30-03-2018, 09:55
I have seen many people say they expirience rain tyres being fastest in the dry, across many formulas.

Every time I have tried I have found that the rain tyres are NOT faster in the dry. It may be something about certain peoples driving styles or set ups perhaps? I use default loose and tend to drive with lots of slides.

I will have a go later with the wets.

I've only tried it in the BMW TC as its stupidly outclassed in its class .
It now handles like a drunk dog :(
I read somewhere on here that it's perfectly normal in RL racing for wet tyres to be used in cold conditions . They get a bit sketchy at 95c or above mind , but if you can keep them under that they are nice and make some great sounds

Zaskarspants
30-03-2018, 11:42
I read somewhere on here that it's perfectly normal in RL racing for wet tyres to be used in cold conditions . They get a bit sketchy at 95c or above mind , but if you can keep them under that they are nice and make some great sounds

Well I just finished my humble pie after a few hours of testing.
On a summer day as expected, wets were slower by 4 to 5 s.

In the winter at Oulton park I found that over a race of 20 laps the wets and slicks perform very similarly but felt very different.

I set the AI to 100/100 and my best lap times and finishing position were very similar. Wet tyre - 1.44.5s, Slick - 1.44.2s. Track temp was 14c.
Both appeared to wear at a similar rate. The wets were staying warmer with the slicks perhaps a bit cool at 60-65c.

In both races I managed to work my way to the midfield after starting last but the slicks were much more on edge and the slides sudden and hard to correct. The wets felt a bit slower to react with more time to correct.

I did not find the bmw to be outclassed by the other cars when racing the AI.
It does appear that on very cold tracks,edit - certainly those - colder than Oulton in winter, that wets may be best on that car.

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-03-2018, 12:53
I drive the Megane online and get some epic races against the BMWs, they are very fast in my experience.

DubAyyys
30-03-2018, 18:44
I'm in a Clio Cup league and we had our first race of this season. I didn't have any problems with the rears. I often find myself getting all fours to be above target temp when I'm staying on the edge of grip. Now if I'm not pushing very hard then sure... harder to maintain. Our league only allows for Default setup so I'm doing this on Default - Loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekbCcZ5iapg

Lord of the Racing
01-04-2018, 22:09
Well, they're not driven .
This is correct but not for the BMW. The 320 is rear wheel driven.

Spawny50
04-04-2018, 08:36

The BMW is a much better car since the update! We have a alien-fast driver in our league and he beats the renault by half a second now on brands hatch! I switched from the renault to the BMW also and was still able to have a 1 on 1 battle with my direct rival driving the Renault.

seb02
06-04-2018, 05:45
Thank you all for your answers, very appreciated. I love Touring cars. It would be nice if this class had more attention from SMS ...

Lord of the Racing
06-04-2018, 06:20
If SMS could release in a future DLC more cars like the Honda Civic TCC, the Chevrolet Cruze TCC, the Citroen C-Elysee TCC, the Audi S3 TCC, the Alfa Romea Giulietta TCC... I will be able also to pay for it.
I like very much this class in PC2 and in real life.

maxx69
06-04-2018, 07:57
The BMW is a much better car since the update! We have a alien-fast driver in our league and he beats the renault by half a second now on brands hatch! I switched from the renault to the BMW also and was still able to have a 1 on 1 battle with my direct rival driving the Renault.
Disagree totally the BMW is far worse since the update .
We to have aliens in our community and all are in agreement the BMW handles like poo.
Having just done a touring car championship in it while everyone except me and an "AOR elite" guy were in FWD cars .championship didn't go well for the BMW . Did wonders for our defensive driving as we spent most races trying to keep people behind .
It don't think it lacks power , it just can't get it down
Safe to say it's not competitive and doesn't handle as well as it did .

Lord of the Racing
06-04-2018, 14:19
Disagree totally the BMW is far worse since the update .
We to have aliens in our community and all are in agreement the BMW handles like poo.
Having just done a touring car championship in it while everyone except me and an "AOR elite" guy were in FWD cars .championship didn't go well for the BMW . Did wonders for our defensive driving as we spent most races trying to keep people behind .
It don't think it lacks power , it just can't get it down
Safe to say it's not competitive and doesn't handle as well as it did .
We have to consider that the BMW is from 2012 meanwhile the Opel, Renault and Mercedes are more recent cars so a lack of performance of the BMW could be possible. Personally I did not had a deep driving with the BMW but in Career Championship the AI was competitive with it.