PDA

View Full Version : Seem to find all the cars a little vanilla in handling and sound

LibranRabbit
30-03-2018, 21:01
Don't get me wrong, I love PC2 as it's one of my favourites, but just find most vehicles a little mild in the physics and the sound is lacking grunt. I only seem to like to drive the Marak or Radical. Is it only me? I know the incar sound is a few db down on most other games/sims but also I think needs some extra dynamics added. I'm using active studio monitors with high quality audio card and processor. It's so quite in the cars.

Andy Rink
30-03-2018, 21:05
I mentioned when they working on pCARS1 that the sounds were missing low end grunt. I even hooked up my stereo subwoofer, and it didn't seem to get any action. they told me that I had it in a bad position. Which wouldn't matter because I wasn't going by sound, and I had my hand in front of it to feel for moving air and felt nothing.

rosko
30-03-2018, 22:13
regards to handling most default setups are poor imo & understeer, even loose preset. Sound seems fine to me regarding volume & quality, justs some cars are arguably not accurate.

hkraft300
30-03-2018, 23:34
...most vehicles a little mild in the physics and ...

Really?

Physics of the Porsche Legends DLC (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61755-Physics-of-the-Porsche-Legends-DLC&highlight=Physics)

:rolleyes:

Unless you meant what Rosko said about understeer. Yes, the default setup handling is a bit “mild” to cater to all. Have you tried using a custom tune? I’m sure you won’t find the physics quite so mild.

LibranRabbit
31-03-2018, 01:38
I’m using Jack Spades files and using the garage to tune but just not feeling like I think it should. Needs a little more snap and spark to the movements, not a lot, just seems a little dull if that’s what describes it. I have a full Sim setup etc...and use the “other” games. Maybe it’s just me, or ???
The sound in car is down around 4-5 db and a little muffled. It’s lacking the rawness.

belaki
31-03-2018, 04:51
4-5 dB?

That's not an identifiable threshold to the vast majority of humans, and barely so for the rest.

I suggest you check your hardware. PC2 makes enough racket to raise the dead on my system.

LibranRabbit
31-03-2018, 06:37
I'm using a processor with db and compared to 5 of the other top sim/games which are all within a db of each other, I'm not checking anything.

Keena
31-03-2018, 07:20
I have master on 100 and own engine 25, most other sliders down in similar regions. I still have to turn the volume down on my gaming headset.
All fine here from a volume point of view.

LibranRabbit
31-03-2018, 07:22
Who mentioned Headphones?

Cholton82
31-03-2018, 08:57
Using a Denon amp and Bowers & Wilkins floor standers and the sound is fantastic , Volume at 45 out of 90 and trust me that's very loud . Plenty of low end rumble even if I don't use my sub , Turn the sub on whilst driving the Corvette GTE and I can feel it rearranging the contents of my stomach .

Zaskarspants
31-03-2018, 09:01
I also run with engines at 25.
This is the dominant sound so by running this low so I can enjoy the other sounds.

Set like this my output is 3 to 6 dB less than fallout 4.

I find the sound scape that the game creates very enveloping and exciting. The game has many audio sliders for different sounds available and some time spent with setting the audio to your taste is well worthwhile.

The complex tyre and skid noises on the edge are very informative.

edit - as for 'vanilla handling' - well that is just a silly slur, the game is clearly more ' BDSM' when it comes to car handling ;-)

LibranRabbit
31-03-2018, 21:24
And compared to the other sim racing games is it similar or lower?

LibranRabbit
31-03-2018, 21:31
Funny how forums are now so absolute, as in you either must think this or that way or your a complete moron. It's not only this forum but many others. What's happened to voicing your opinion and it just being that? I've been into rally for nearly 40 yrs, owned many cars and a lot been performance and rally. What I'm suggesting is that the application of the physics could be delivered with a little more rawness and for whatever reason with all audio sliders at 100%, the audio is lower than all my other sim games. I have a studio Adio setup as well, so it's not because I'm deaf or don't know how it should sound.

hkraft300
01-04-2018, 00:02
.... What I'm suggesting is that the application of the physics could be delivered with a little more rawness

Could you elaborate?

You’re blaming forums for the same “absolute-ness” as your opinion. Their opinion of the audio differs from yours and you are refusing to take it on board. Why is your opinion then also not “absolute”?

I’m nobody to speak of audio (cheapo headphones) but how does one apply physics with more rawness?

Zaskarspants
01-04-2018, 09:49
Funny how forums are now so absolute, as in you either must think this or that way or your a complete moron. It's not only this forum but many others. What's happened to voicing your opinion and it just being that? I've been into rally for nearly 40 yrs, owned many cars and a lot been performance and rally. What I'm suggesting is that the application of the physics could be delivered with a little more rawness and for whatever reason with all audio sliders at 100%, the audio is lower than all my other sim games. I have a studio Adio setup as well, so it's not because I'm deaf or don't know how it should sound.

Er, what?
Are you referring to my nuanced and helpful post? I do hope not.

I think you may be confusing accessible with raw. Many other sims, pcars1 included, are harder than driving a real car, surely this is not how a sim should be?

Pcars1 and other sims do not offer as much information to the driver on the edge as pcars2. In pcars1 I would find myself more often perplaexed than having fun as my car let go with very little warning and gave little opportunity to regain control.

Dirt rally, like pcars2 shows how it should be done, it may have odd gravity and grip but dirt rally has that control on the edge feeling that pcars2 has and makes both so addictive and fun.

As for the sound, I strongly suggest those running all sliders at 100 try some tuning to alter tailor the sound scape to their needs.

Keena
01-04-2018, 13:11
Who mentioned Headphones?

Umm, I believe I just did. To make it clearer for you..

Someone suggested you check your hardware. Perhaps you should check your hardware. Its fine with headphones so the volume isn't the issue.

But to be honest, my inclination to help you has waned. Good luck getting it sorted..

David Slute
01-04-2018, 19:25
After spending the weekend testing iracing rally cross content I gained a greater respect to the physics/ffb and sound of pc2.

Using dolby atmos with bose quitecomfort 35 noise cancelling headphones, buttkicker gamer 2 and ffb rumble pedals on the brake and accelerator.

My first suggestion would be removing the jackspade files, I tried them at launch and yes they add some more bumps and makes the wheel heavier but I found it drowned out alot of the subtle tire effects that the base flavors offer.

As for audio when I returned to pc2 I had to turn down the overall volume quit a bit so it didnt blow my ears off.
Personally Atm I feel the best car audio is Raceroom. Pc2 isin't nearly as bad as some make out it out to be.....is it perfect? No. But with the amount of car content in the game at launch did you really expect them to all be spot on?
Teams with a quarter of the content still struggle for accuracy.

The 3d positional audio is very good in pc2 compared to several other titles...in several iracing matches I wasnt even aware of opponents position around me till I visually saw them.

Several audio areas in pc2 I would like to see improved are several cars are missing the annoying hydrolic brake pump noise...audi r8 and porsche gt3, car to car collisions and car to track collisions, and the overall under carriage sound.....and a little more punch wouldn't hurt :)

Sampo
01-04-2018, 21:10
My first suggestion would be removing the jackspade files, I tried them at launch and yes they add some more bumps and makes the wheel heavier but I found it drowned out alot of the subtle tire effects that the base flavors offer.

I never understood why you should go to jackspade when you haven't tried with the default ones first. There are so many posts saying that you should go with them that I think there are people around who haven't tried the 'vanilla' ones at all.