PDA

View Full Version : Can you make FA user friendly

sisollazzo
02-04-2018, 08:01
At the moment is very hard to drive FA cars.

Further there is already a thread about this problem with the name: Canīt hold the position in race / AI is faster in race
==> During the race I'm 2-3 s slower than the praxis under the same weather condition and with more fuel.

The acceleration of the car is to strong in fast corners (200-250 km/h) as well. The tires slide
The other problem is that the tires wear is to high but the AI has not this problem. After 15-20 laps with hard tyres I have to pit.

What I want to know is if the FA cars will be improved or not?

hkraft300
02-04-2018, 10:57
...During the race I'm 2-3 s slower than the praxis under the same weather condition and with more fuel.

Reduce AI strength/ difficulty.

The acceleration of the car is to strong in fast corners (200-250 km/h) as well. The tires slide

Reduce throttle?
Reduce engine restrictor, switch to lean fuel mix.
Turn on TC+ SC.

The other problem is that the tires wear is to high but the AI has not this problem. After 15-20 laps with hard tyres I have to pit.

Drive smoother.

What I want to know is if the FA cars will be improved or not?

Probably not.

It’s a 750HP race car. What do you expect?

demand34
02-04-2018, 12:13
At the moment is very hard to drive FA cars.

Further there is already a thread about this problem with the name: Canīt hold the position in race / AI is faster in race
==> During the race I'm 2-3 s slower than the praxis under the same weather condition and with more fuel.

What I want to know is if the FA cars will be improved or not?It's a problem with the slick tyres. They simply don't work as intended in neither FA, FR35 and FC. The work well in FX only.

What you have to do to enjoy this unfinished/broken/whatever it happened during development thing that openwheel tyres ended up being in PC2 is the following:

a) You have to use the Competition tyres on dry regardless the track temperature. Always. With these tyres you will be able to control the car once they are up to temp, something you can't with the hard and soft slicks. And yes, you will quickly notice they are slower than slicks, but you have no choice. You have to use these.

b) An on the AI is very hard on FA. This is because a couple of factors. AI will still use Hard or soft slicks but on their own physics, this meaning they won't suffer from the absolute lack of reliability these tyres suffer from when human players use them, so AI will fly pass you with ease at all times. And second, AI cars open the DRS in the right precise moment after exiting a corner and in many fast corners too, where you risk to much if you try talking it with DRS open. The only fix for this is, sadly, to reduce AI strength by a good margin. I can beat them at 60% at max.

So in short. issue a) (you have to use slower tyres, and the AI will still go on slicks) + issue b) (AI opening DRS so fast after corner exiting and taking fast corners full speed with it open), both combined is what makes FA so hard against the AI.

These are the only couple of workarounds I have been able to go through in order to enjoy any open wheel, specially FA that is not FX in project cars 2. It is not that you are slow or a n00b or whatever you think of yourself. It is that the slick tyres still don't work as intended since the game was released and continue to be broken to this day after release.

And I know..., the free DRS at any time thing. With just one single option of forbidding DRS that would have been enough in order to ease issue b).

Good luck man. I'm sure that with these two your experience with FA will improve.

HockeyNick30
02-04-2018, 13:51
If you think FA is difficult, get a handle on the Formula X cars!!!

FS7
02-04-2018, 14:37
I don't have PCars2 yet but imo in PCars1 the problem with FA races against AI was DRS, there are no DRS zones & DRS rules in the game and AI seems to use DRS as much as possible, if there was an option to disable DRS races against AI would be more balanced and interesting imo.
Maybe PCars2 has the same issue?

demand34
02-04-2018, 14:53
Maybe PCars2 has the same issue?Yes about the DRS, but pc1 didn't have issues on the openwheel slicks pc2 has, so the problem in pc2 when playing FA against cpu is far greater.

About the DRS always available. A request for just an option to disable DRS in FA was made over and over again multiple times before release. Nothing was done.

sisollazzo
02-04-2018, 14:53
Realy��

sisollazzo
02-04-2018, 15:04
This are good tips, thanks. Yes the problem is that the game is still in Development.

sisollazzo
02-04-2018, 15:28
I have the impression that the I is scripted

John Hargreaves
02-04-2018, 15:33
The reason for the (lack of) DRS zones is that the FA is not a Formula 1 car and we don't have F1 races as such. It's a fantasy car based on F1 specs from about 8 years ago. Not saying it's right or wrong, just a bit of background info.

demand34
02-04-2018, 15:48
The reason for the (lack of) DRS zones is that the FA is not a Formula 1 car and we don't have F1 races as such. It's a fantasy car based on F1 specs from about 8 years ago. Not saying it's right or wrong, just a bit of background info.We weren't talking about the possibility of having real DRS zones, but about the possibility of banning the DRS function with a simple option before a race, which would have also helped greatly when playing against the FA AI cars.

Then the soft/hard slick issue would come next, something the AI also don't suffer from, forcing you to use the competition tyres.

sisollazzo
02-04-2018, 18:19
The reason for the (lack of) DRS zones is that the FA is not a Formula 1 car and we don't have F1 races as such. It's a fantasy car based on F1 specs from about 8 years ago. Not saying it's right or wrong, just a bit of background info.

Ye, ye, you write always the same. Who cares. We want to know, if it will be improvement or not. That is all. At the moment the career is full with bugs.

FS7
02-04-2018, 22:39
True, but taking into account all the talk since development of PCars1 about a game made by gamers for gamers and having lots of options, it would be nice to have the option to disable DRS. Or maybe have a DRS-spec FA car & a no DRS-spec FA car (kind of like Indycar have oval & road course specs), since FA is fantasy car it shouldn't be an issue imo.

satco1066
03-04-2018, 13:39
don't understand the problems with DRS.
Every driver can use DRS and KERS. Its not an AI only feature.
The car has it, so use it.

John Hargreaves
03-04-2018, 14:37
don't understand the problems with DRS.
Every driver can use DRS and KERS. Its not an AI only feature.
The car has it, so use it.

Which kind of answers the OP question: you can make a pretty stable high downforce setup that gets you round the corners, then use DRS on the straights. If you engage DRS too soon before you are straight, you'll fly off so presumably the AI can also only use it on straights also.

Since reading this thread, I've done a few hours in the FA, and I've settled on a more pointy version of the stable setup and found that running a bit of SC and TC although not strictly authentic, makes up for the (admittedly very small :rolleyes:) talent gap between me and Alonso. Purists might weep, but it actually makes the car feel much more like you see them on TV and the car becomes very enjoyable to drive. I found the AI to be quite strong for any given percentage ability, but on the plus side they are very evenly matched among themselves so once you find the % that matches your own speed, you get some good racing.

I haven't done anything beyond 15 laps yet, so I can't comment about AI tyre wear.

beetes_juice
03-04-2018, 15:10
It gets annoying when the AI engages DRS fully through Maggots/Becketts/Chapel, Eau Rouge, Schumacher-S, Lesmos, etc while the player, if he or she dares to open in the same situation, will end up beached. Is what it is, but kills 97% of the immersion when driving the FA's.

Mahjik
03-04-2018, 15:15
It gets annoying when the AI engages DRS fully through Maggots/Becketts/Chapel, Eau Rouge, Schumacher-S, Lesmos, etc while the player, if he or she dares to open in the same situation, will end up beached. Is what it is, but kills 97% of the immersion when driving the FA's.

In PC1, the actual DRS animation was not directly tied to the physics for the AI (i.e. the flap was just an animation). So even though it appeared the AI was using DRS a lot, they weren't really using it as much as the animation showed. I'm not sure if that is same with PC2.

John Hargreaves
03-04-2018, 18:14

Playing last night at Silverstone, with my laptimes within a tenth or two of the AI, I found them a bit quicker than me going into Maggots, but by the end of the four turns, I closed up on them. Using DRS, I was pretty much exactly the same speed on the long straights. AI always seem to have the advantage on those fast sweeping turns (I get murdered at copse), but there are always places where you can get them back.

Crimson of Night
03-04-2018, 18:34
If you think FA is difficult, get a handle on the Formula X cars!!!

Formula X cars are way harder to control than FA.

Smoked_Cheddar
03-04-2018, 19:18

Formula X has a different kind of difficulty; all that power has to be harnessed. Formula X will stick once you get the throttle control correct.

Formula A a lot more twitchy, but not via the throttle. I've still yet to get good laps with the FA, maybe I will try tonight.

demand34
03-04-2018, 19:56
Formula X cars are way harder to control than FA.Not sure if serious. Are you using stable setup on FA?

sisollazzo
04-04-2018, 11:13

I have made this new tread not complaying about the difficult. I can drive that cars. The point is, WHY I AM 3 SECONDS SLOWER DURING THE RACE?
And why for the AI are valid other rules.

Stewy32
04-04-2018, 13:22
[QUOTE=sisollazzo;1495935]I have the impression that the I is scripted[/QUOT

Yes they are.Everything in Project CARS 2 is Scripted as it is programmed.But it is dynamic programming so it doesn't feel scripted-so how you mean it no they are not.

Stewy32
04-04-2018, 13:26
I have made this new tread not complaying about the difficult. I can drive that cars. The point is, WHY I AM 3 SECONDS SLOWER DURING THE RACE?
And why for the AI are valid other rules.

As you just are.Maybe if you look at how you drive differently between the sessions,low fuel vs high fuel,different tyre compounds,different track conditions,you will find an answer.You might just be better over 1 lap than 10 .

sisollazzo
04-04-2018, 15:02
As you just are.Maybe if you look at how you drive differently between the sessions,low fuel vs high fuel,different tyre compounds,different track conditions,you will find an answer.You might just be better over 1 lap than 10 .

Same conditions. I am not the only one with this problem.

sisollazzo
04-04-2018, 15:05
By the FR3.5 the hot front tires during the race was a problem. There is always somewhere a problem and you cannot enjoi the race.

Bealdor
04-04-2018, 15:16
By the FR3.5 the hot front tires during the race was a problem. There is always somewhere a problem and you cannot enjoi the race.

Hot front tires on a rwd car are usually a sign for too much skidding.
Most of the time this happens when you're overdriving the car and/or is caused by less effective front aero due to dirty air from the cars ahead.

sisollazzo
04-04-2018, 16:59
This was the problem by the last patch.
Warhever.
I hope the will improve somthing.
BEY