PDA

View Full Version : Slow frame rates

AUSmustang550
02-04-2018, 08:11
Has anyone got any suggestions on how to improve frame rates on XBox One S, currently the game is slow and jerky and very unpleasant to play. I've done a lot of searching on the forum and only found a thread from 2015 which had little useful info. :(

Zaskarspants
02-04-2018, 11:58
To get the best from xb1 in pc2 many people, often those with a wheel will avoid large grids. There is a known physics issue that means ffb/ physics can be wayward. Experiences vary but I find it best to stick below 15 to 20 cars.

If your game is ' slow and jerky' on smaller grids then you may have other issues and are best advised to post a video of the issue.

Mowzer
02-04-2018, 12:03
Try setting the DVR to off i found this really slows the XB1 down :ambivalence:.

HockeyNick30
02-04-2018, 14:00
It seems these types of issues have decreased since the latest patch (4), but I agree with turning off the DVR (capturing videos/screenshots) from the main Xbox system menu (under Preferences). I believe this has also taken care of the random crashing to home screen I was experiencing during session changes.

Juiced46
02-04-2018, 23:14
Has anyone got any suggestions on how to improve frame rates on XBox One S, currently the game is slow and jerky and very unpleasant to play. I've done a lot of searching on the forum and only found a thread from 2015 which had little useful info. :(

If you have telemetry up on the screen, you will get slow frame rates. Also like mentioned, try turning the DVR off and lower grids.

AUSmustang550
04-04-2018, 10:49
Thanks guys, will try the DVR and the telemetry thing. I haven't noticed any difference between full grid and having no other cars on track.

Lakiboom
05-04-2018, 09:00
I and my friends had slow frame rates in online public lobbies yesterday with 10 players.

rmb24
10-04-2018, 16:27
I notice slow sluggish feeling I notice is when I have telemetry up. Feels like it drops about 10 frames. I haven’t disabled the dvr cause I didn’t think of that.

Also I have noticed that if I just shit the system off and the go back and pick up where the game left off it feels a little sluggish, but if you close the game and fully shut the system down and reboot it it clears up.

Juiced46
11-04-2018, 21:53
I notice slow sluggish feeling I notice is when I have telemetry up. Feels like it drops about 10 frames. I haven’t disabled the dvr cause I didn’t think of that.

Also I have noticed that if I just shit the system off and the go back and pick up where the game left off it feels a little sluggish, but if you close the game and fully shut the system down and reboot it it clears up.

With telemetry up, you will have frame rate drops unless you are on an X. I would not recommend shutting the system down to continue back where you left off. I always do a correct shut down. I do not like the instant on feature. Causes network issues, game issues etc