PDA

View Full Version : some things that need addressing. IMMEDIATELY!!

roseberrya
03-04-2018, 20:41
there are some very annoying things that severely need addressing.

1. the race control bing. why on earth can't you silence this? i have my settings so that my screen has nothing on it but the cockpit, yet everytime i am in a lobby with race control, i get binged at for unnecessary reasons. why not just invalidate my time and let me check it for myself? i don't need to be binged at for taking a turn quicker than i know i should, or testing out a new line, or having a little bit of fun. especially, WHEN THESE ARE LEGITIMATE STRATEGIES USED BY REAL DRIVERS that don't get penalties....it gets on your nerves instantly and makes the racing license system pointless because you don't want to play with race central on. let alone do you want to go quicker. its a racing game, we are gamers, relax people... you managed to have a system to differentiates clean racers from dirty. great! now stop punishing the clean ones...we want to enjoy the game, and not be put into a bowling alley with bumpers and squacked at by the old fart in the back for not standing right on the arrows.

2. pit entry speed limit command pop up thing. this is very annoying. it happens after the 3rd hot lap or so in practices and then happens every lap. the thing just pops up every time you come around to the pit entry, where it tells you to slow down for a pit stop even though you aren't going to do a pit stop. it distracts and ruins emersion.

3. can't mute a player that isn't in the lobby racing, but you can hear their mic when in the lobby, and while they spectate. you have no control over other players mics, and i don't want to hear it or them. you can go to online lobby though, and still can't select them to mute them...

4. the 959 porsche in the last dlc has no turbo boost...seriously?! its top speed is 160...its supposed to be 198

5. rendering. the game looks horrid. you often can't even distinguish the turn. or its frame rate drops when going around a turn and causes you to wreck. the game looks like it was designed for a sega genesis. so many jagged lines, it might be the worst looking game on ps4. the blue sky has scales in it, like fish scales or some texture from the show chowder back in the day with how it rotates and moves around.

ELAhrairah
03-04-2018, 20:50
Guys. Please remain calm.

roseberrya
03-04-2018, 20:59
im close to giving up on this game, and this company. it is disgusting to see this many problems to have to work around...

Keena
03-04-2018, 22:43
Not a view shared by everyone. Of course you are entitled to yours, but dont expect to carry many with you while the tone remains quite so volatile. Just saying.

Sampo
03-04-2018, 22:46
Rose, are you on PS4 or PC (your platform says PC but you mention PS4)? Might be worth moving this to the PS4 section.

bporion
03-04-2018, 23:31
we need to see your specs , that way we can help you . freaking out like this will get you nowhere fast , turbo fast .

jimortality
04-04-2018, 01:08
Another attention seeker.

roseberrya
04-04-2018, 02:47
you literally, can't even find the pit crew during a pit stop...

these are clearly things that need to be addressed, and its not attention seeking...i don't know how you can even try to conclude that, when you try dragging people through the mud to seek attention from others to gang up on trash talking others...

the binging is obnoxious and uncalled for, the hidden pit crews makes pit stops nearly impossible, the flagging of pit speed is distracting and annoying, the latent fps settings for the game ruin the ability to predict car reactions. the 959 has twin turbos, and in game has no turbos...i payed for that dlc, you shouldn't pretend its not false advertising.

i play ps4...

justonce68
04-04-2018, 08:02
So what impresses you about the game?

foxymop
04-04-2018, 09:51
Dude, I play on ps4 also.
It's a late 2017 game in a late 2013 with massively complex features.
Yes, gts has better graphics, but also less complex. Everything has a price.
Also if you wreck and say it's because the graphics are so bad, dude.... you wreck cause you wreck, not because of frame drops.

If in your ps4 the graphics are like a Sega Genesis, then maybe your ps4 is faulty.

The rest you are write.

Gix916
04-04-2018, 09:53
she's obviously having a bad day...

you literally, can't even find the pit crew during a pit stop... You do know theres an option to have a Pit Cue and a great big stop sign appears where you need to pit.

the binging is NOT obnoxious and NOT uncalled for, the hidden pit crews makes pit stops nearly impossible(see above), the flagging of pit speed is distracting and annoying(it's on screen for a second at most, you are able to move it out of your eyeline if you find it distracting), the latent fps settings for the game ruin the ability to predict car reactions.(the game is undergoing performance tweeks) the 959 has twin turbos, and in game has no turbos...i payed for that dlc, you shouldn't pretend its not false advertising.(so there's a bug in the DLC, there are other cars and a track in the DLC so you got plenty for your money)

i play ps4...(time to change your platform on your profile then)

pkcraistlin
04-04-2018, 11:43
5. rendering. the game looks horrid. you often can't even distinguish the turn. or its frame rate drops when going around a turn and causes you to wreck. the game looks like it was designed for a sega genesis. so many jagged lines

upgrade your PC.

it might be the worst looking game on ps4.

oh. ask mum and dad to buy you an xbox 1x.

foxymop
04-04-2018, 11:54
You also have the option to have your pit marked

rich1e I
04-04-2018, 12:20

1. the race control bing. why on earth can't you silence this? i have my settings so that my screen has nothing on it but the cockpit, yet everytime i am in a lobby with race control, i get binged at for unnecessary reasons. why not just invalidate my time and let me check it for myself? i don't need to be binged at for taking a turn quicker than i know i should, or testing out a new line, or having a little bit of fun. especially, WHEN THESE ARE LEGITIMATE STRATEGIES USED BY REAL DRIVERS that don't get penalties....it gets on your nerves instantly and makes the racing license system pointless because you don't want to play with race central on. let alone do you want to go quicker. its a racing game, we are gamers, relax people... you managed to have a system to differentiates clean racers from dirty. great! now stop punishing the clean ones...we want to enjoy the game, and not be put into a bowling alley with bumpers and squacked at by the old fart in the back for not standing right on the arrows.

The sound was introduced because people often didn't notice that they got a slow down. I don't know why you think it makes the racing license pointless and why clean racers are being punished.
The missing turbo in the 959 is a bug that will be fixed with the next patch. There's 2 workarounds to get the turbos spooling again. Change the filter to 'select by car class', then go to the class the 959 is in, select it, done. There's 2 or 3 cars you should NOT highlight because that'll break the turbo. I only remember the Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO.

balderz002
04-04-2018, 12:31
Dude, how about an ounce of humility? Manners? etiquette?

You really think a title post like yours is really going to get anything other than stick? Or a lack of help?
Do you really think your important enough for everyone to stop what they are doing with your 'IMMEDIATELY' demand?

Take the time to edit your forum profile to correctly reflect the system you are playing on.

You make yourself sound like a stroppy toddler with your overreactions.

Many people do not share your experience of playing Project Cars 2. Bear that in mind when shouting from the rooftops about your opinion of how bad the game is.

If its really that bad, why feel the need to go all 'social media attention seeking' with an ill thought out rash post like yours? Just move on as life's too short.

its a racing game, we are gamers, relax people...

How about a dose of your own medicine Doc?

AbeWoz
04-04-2018, 12:36

2. pit entry speed limit command pop up thing. this is very annoying. it happens after the 3rd hot lap or so in practices and then happens every lap. the thing just pops up every time you come around to the pit entry, where it tells you to slow down for a pit stop even though you aren't going to do a pit stop. it distracts and ruins emersion.

3. can't mute a player that isn't in the lobby racing, but you can hear their mic when in the lobby, and while they spectate. you have no control over other players mics, and i don't want to hear it or them. you can go to online lobby though, and still can't select them to mute them...

4. the 959 porsche in the last dlc has no turbo boost...seriously?! its top speed is 160...its supposed to be 198

5. rendering. the game looks horrid. you often can't even distinguish the turn. or its frame rate drops when going around a turn and causes you to wreck. the game looks like it was designed for a sega genesis. so many jagged lines, it might be the worst looking game on ps4. the blue sky has scales in it, like fish scales or some texture from the show chowder back in the day with how it rotates and moves around.

1: Because some people play with no HUD and didn't know when they got a slow down warning

2: This has been reported/addressed and seems to happen mostly when you are low on fuel as a reminder to pit

3: :(

4: Known issue. Reported to Devs. Fix in next patch. Search function is enabled on this forum.

5: Wrong. Game looks phenomenal. Maybe don't play on a CRT TV or make sure your PS4 isn't faulty.

Keena
04-04-2018, 12:49
^ Quick question- do you know if the bing happens in single player? Im one of those people who turn off the HUD and so would welcome it if so..it means i can turn penalties back on.. cheers.

AbeWoz
04-04-2018, 12:51
^ Quick question- do you know if the bing happens in single player? Im one of those people who turn off the HUD and so would welcome it if so..it means i can turn penalties back on.. cheers.

yeah im pretty sure it does, but haven't run too much single player lately.

Zaskarspants
04-04-2018, 12:51

Yes, I play hud off usually and the bing bings in sp.

rich1e I
04-04-2018, 12:56
Really? I don't get the bing in private testing, only the yellow message for lap invalidation.

Zaskarspants
04-04-2018, 13:01
Really? I don't get the bing in private testing, only the yellow message for lap invalidation.

I don't do private testing, I get the bing in quick race.

Mad Al
04-04-2018, 13:06
The only time it will bing is in a race, as that's the only time that the time gained is calculated, otherwise the lap is just invalidated for leaving the race track, no bing, just the yellow message.

rich1e I
04-04-2018, 13:07
I don't do private testing, I get the bing in quick race.

Oops my bad. You meant custom event.

banner77amc
04-04-2018, 13:11
5: Wrong. Game looks phenomenal. Maybe don't play on a CRT TV or make sure your PS4 isn't faulty.[/QUOTE]

Yes a CRT is not good for a PS4 on any game unless its a side scroller

MaXyM
04-04-2018, 13:33
1: Because some people play with no HUD and didn't know when they got a slow down warning

Disabling HUD disables warning messages? I don't think so. How would they know how much to slow down?

ATSS
04-04-2018, 15:20
Get on the pc masterrace and then you can at least enjoy the stunning looking game. :chuncky:

Smoked_Cheddar
04-04-2018, 15:52
Get on the pc masterrace and then you can at least enjoy the stunning looking game. :chuncky:

I think that would help with visuals, but with the crypto-mining craze, getting a good PC going just got a bit harder.

Also considering all the peripherals you can get to help with your success, I would wait on the PC right now.

roseberrya
04-04-2018, 17:00
i've noticed the driver rating goes down too when other players spin you out, even if you had a podium start for the race...

AbeWoz
04-04-2018, 17:29
i've noticed the driver rating goes down too when other players spin you out, even if you had a podium start for the race...

yeah. how does the game know that you didn't turn into someone at the last minute, or brake test them mid corner for no reason....

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-04-2018, 18:12
... even if you had a podium start for the race...

Getting a quick time makes you decent hotlapper but has absolutely nothing to do with racecraft, the ratings are part of the Competitive Racing Licence.

Bealdor
04-04-2018, 18:33

The rating system doesn't care where you start, only where you finish.

kevin kirk
05-04-2018, 04:43

I'm on the old xbox and the game looks beautiful since the last patch. Maybe it seems like that to me because I seen how bad it looked at release but since the patches I find myself noticing how good it does look thurout the time change. Only change I made is I turn off the post processing option in the visuals.