PDA

View Full Version : Patch 5.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 14:45
Hi, I had run the Porsche 911 GT3 R earlier this morning at the Daytona Tri-Oval and just completed another run after downloading the 5.0 Patch. I know it's just 1 car but so far so good! Completely different to the 4.0 Patch where I lost over a tenth of a second with same car/track combo.

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 14:56
Shakedown run with the 488 Challenge[NA] FERS. She flies.:D

NYLL
05-04-2018, 16:18
a big change in everywhere, like tyres - in gt3, both soft & hard compound are harder to warm up, faster in cool down, and griper.
some cars now become a new car, like nsx gt3, now have a higher torque and lighter.

VelvetTorpedo
05-04-2018, 16:40
apparently all the gt3 cars got BOP'ed

this is from yorkie on the AOR forum:

As a summary of changes for the GT3 class:
Nerfed
- Ferrari 488 GT3 (Weight increase)

Buffed
- Acura NSX GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
- Bentley Continental GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- McLaren 650S GT3 (Power increase)
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes and fix for small asymmetry settings in rear suspension improving driveability)
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
- Nissan GT-R GT3 (Weight Reduction)

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 16:55
Didn't see any benefit from the weight reduction with the NSX at the Tri-Oval but the Hard tires were able to improve on lap 3 whereas with the 4.0 Patch they were slower. I suppose you will notice the weight reduction on road courses that have more turns and maybe it will be faster through tracks with chicanes.

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 17:02
Aston Martin GT3, holy cow, different car now. I hope this translates to the road courses for the AM fans.

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 18:38
Worse off with the AMG GT3. Just ran my old setup, same as I ran the other cars so maybe I can tune it back.

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 18:43
SLS, no change.

Sjonnie1989
05-04-2018, 18:45
apparently all the gt3 cars got BOP'ed

this is from yorkie on the AOR forum:

Does this reflect in the car selection menu? And if so, how big are the differences ��?

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 20:52
Does this reflect in the car selection menu? And if so, how big are the differences ��?

I don't think they have changed the car selection specs, if you look at the Nissan it is still showing 515 hp even though it received a boost in the last 4.0 Patch. For me the only improvement was with the Aston Martin. No change with the NSX or SLS, all other cars were slower by 0.016 to 0.034. Can't really tell about the 650S because it was nerfed considerably in a prior patch and I can't get close to my old record. It could be faster than the 4.0 Patch but there is no way to tell in TT for me.

davidt33
05-04-2018, 22:31
So much for the post patch 4x setups eh? Seems as though with the changes they won't now be applicable post patch 5. SMH.
Starting all over again I guess. Just wish we could have setups applied where we don't have to keep discarding after a relatively short while with ensuing patches.

cpcdem
05-04-2018, 22:46
I don't think it's that bad, my guess is that most patch 4 setups apply to patch 5 as well. Actually even many (or most?) patch 3 setups should still apply I think.

blinkngone
05-04-2018, 23:25
I don't think it's that bad, my guess is that most patch 4 setups apply to patch 5 as well. Actually even many (or most?) patch 3 setups should still apply I think.

Hi cpcdem. Have you tired running any of your old setups yet? Post one of your road course TT runs, old vs new. I've tried and my more recent ones are no longer driveable using hard tires. No grip, it used to be I would have some grip after the first lap, not anymore. I don't know how many laps the tires need to heat up. Maybe I need to go to softs now???
Softs after 3 laps.
These are my tire temps after 3 laps on Hards they used to be around 195/200 at the front so maybe reduce tire pressure. Cocoa already ran a new WR at RBR with the RSR so it's possible to get it right, can't load his setup/ghost, glitched. Which brings us to another glitch in the WMD portal, now showing all runs have ghosts even when they don't.

cpcdem
05-04-2018, 23:52
Hmmm, maybe I was wrong then. If the tire model has changed much, then maybe old setups (with some cars at least) have indeed became obsolete. Unfortunately still need to do some work so I haven't really tried the new patch yet (apart for a quick 10 minute session), but will try what you said a little later and will post back. My road car times are all done in default setup, but will check if my TC and GT3 setups still apply.

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 00:35
Hmmm, maybe I was wrong then. If the tire model has changed much, then maybe old setups (with some cars at least) have indeed became obsolete. Unfortunately still need to do some work so I haven't really tried the new patch yet (apart for a quick 10 minute session), but will try what you said a little later and will post back. My road car times are all done in default setup, but will check if my TC and GT3 setups still apply.
Check GT3 please. Here is what I have found with the RSR GTE. I lowered the tire pressure and got very close to my previous PB but the temps are way off and dropping after 3 laps so I don't know what the Hards will be used for, this is at Silverstone National(this is not a cold track, at least it didn't use to be) with no other changes to my set up. Setups might be ok in TT with changing the tire pressure, this would be nice. How you will race like this might be a challenge. You can't lower pressure because it is locked and I have my brake ducts closed and still the temps are dropping.

cpcdem
06-04-2018, 01:07
Check GT3 please. Here is what I have found with the RSR GTE. I lowered the tire pressure and got very close to my previous PB but the temps are way off and dropping after 3 laps so I don't know what the Hards will be used for, this is at Silverstone National(this is not a cold track, at least it didn't use to be) with no other changes to my set up. Setups might be ok in TT with changing the tire pressure, this would be nice. How you will race like this might be a challenge. You can't lower pressure because it is locked and I have my brake ducts closed and still the temps are dropping.

I just tried my 488 GT3 in RBR (hard tires), indeed I am more than a second slower than before and have trouble keeping it under control, especially under heavy braking. The tire temps looked good, but maybe I am wrong. Thing is we do not know what changes happened, if this is an intended change or an unwanted side effect, or if we should be using soft tires now, so I think I'll just refrain from driving GT3s for the moment and let you guys figure this out :)

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 01:12
Here is where I am at with the Renault RS.01 GT3, lowered tire pressure only. To me, I can't get handle on when I am about to lose grip with this car. I am slower even though I am trying harder.:) A previous poster said he thought there was more grip(gripier) so maybe I need to reduce the camber a little from my Patch 4.0 setup.

cpcdem
06-04-2018, 01:16
Here is where I am at with the Renault RS.01 GT3, lowered tire pressure only. To me, I can't get handle on when I am about to lose grip with this car. I am slower even though I am trying harder.:) A previous poster said he thought there was more grip(gripier) so maybe I need to reduce the camber a little from my Patch 4.0 setup.

I edited my previous post, but you had replied already. Moved my reply here: OK, I did a quick test also with the softs, those made a huge difference, I am competitive again! I am testing under TT environment only. Really wondering if this was an intended change in patch 5...

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 01:22
I just tried my 488 GT3 in RBR (hard tires), indeed I am more than a second slower than before and have trouble keeping it under control, especially under heavy braking. The tire temps looked good, but maybe I am wrong. Thing is we do not know what changes happened, if this is an intended change or an unwanted side effect, or if we should be using soft tires now, so I think I'll just refrain from driving GT3s for the moment and let you guys figure this out :)

Sorry cpcdem, your Ferrari is dead, it died in the patch notes, strangled to reduce horsepower. Sorry, turned into an overweight slug to change horsepower to weight. Probably won't work and people will still be upset in multiplayer with the 488 being too fast.

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 01:27
I am still messing with the Hards. I reduced the camber a little and this seemed to help me with the grip/no grip transition.

cpcdem
06-04-2018, 01:40
Sorry cpcdem, your Ferrari is dead, it died in the patch notes, strangled to reduce horsepower. Sorry, turned into an overweight slug to change horsepower to weight. Probably won't work and people will still be upset in multiplayer with the 488 being too fast.

Nah, I don't think so, the main problem is it's hard to keep it on the road now :). But once I used softs, then I easily made it to the 1.29s again, so the horsepower reduction must not have been extreme.
I start to think this tire change wasn't on purpose, because the default setup still uses hard tires, so it's gonna be very difficult for people who go to TT without tuning...But of course only the devs can tell us for certain.

Good thing is my beloved Renault TC still works as I expect it to do!

davidt33
06-04-2018, 01:41
Don't know bout y'all but I'm tired of car conditions changing with almost every new patch and previous setups being no longer compatible as they were. Round and round the mulberry bush.

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 02:08
Don't know bout y'all but I'm tired of car conditions changing with almost every new patch and previous setups being no longer compatible as they were. Round and round the mulberry bush.

I haven't gotten really much time to test the cars, but it seems like BMW M6 GT3 either had a motion ratio change, or its roll center changed. The car had a lot more body-roll with a setup that was pretty stable, I had to really jack up the rebound to get it driveable.

Voodoochild
06-04-2018, 02:25
the 488 had no power reduction at all, it still develops 497 hp in Red Bull Ring.
you gotta break a bit earlier though, the weight difference is noticeable.

btw i tested the McLaren as well in RBR and even if it got buffed in power (now 490ish hp) it is still less powerful and slower than the Fezza

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 09:00
the 488 had no power reduction at all, it still develops 497 hp in Red Bull Ring.
you gotta break a bit earlier though, the weight difference is noticeable.

btw i tested the McLaren as well in RBR and even if it got buffed in power (now 490ish hp) it is still less powerful and slower than the Fezza
Were you using Hard or Soft tires at RBR?

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 09:02
I haven't gotten really much time to test the cars, but it seems like BMW M6 GT3 either had a motion ratio change, or its roll center changed. The car had a lot more body-roll with a setup that was pretty stable, I had to really jack up the rebound to get it driveable.

What tires were you using?

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 09:34
There are not many runs yet but there was a pretty good run using Hards at Monza GP. The person really reduced the camber from Default Loose and this is what I am finding as well with the GT3s. AM Vantage GT3.
Default.
WR Patch 4.0 run.

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 09:47

Yeah it can be frustrating but you just have to adapt. I could manage the one GTE I tested but the GT3s are a challenge for me. So far for the GT3s it's step 1 lower tire pressure and step 2 reduce camber(front and rear). On the TC cpcdem hasn't seen an impact so maybe some car classes will be ok.

ironik
06-04-2018, 09:55

I have the same feeling as you... And I drove that car A LOT!

EDIT :

Yeah it can be frustrating but you just have to adapt. I could manage the one GTE I tested but the GT3s are a challenge for me. So far for the GT3s it's step 1 lower tire pressure and step 2 reduce camber(front and rear). On the TC cpcdem hasn't seen an impact so maybe some car classes will be ok.

I can't reduce the rear pressure more on the Renault... Already at 1.30 and reaching above 1.80 bar after 4 laps.
I tried to reduce the camber too... But you're just making the contact patch worse.

My setup around Zhuhai is crazy right now... Softest rear springs and ARB (0N/M ^^), Power ramp at 70.
0/4 Aero and degraded front axle (Increased springs, arb and pressure )

The car still feels oversteery sometimes...

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 10:34

EDIT :

I can't reduce the rear pressure more on the Renault... Already at 1.30 and reaching above 1.80 bar after 4 laps.
I tried to reduce the camber too... But you're just making the contact patch worse.

My setup around Zhuhai is crazy right now... Softest rear springs and ARB (0N/M ^^), Power ramp at 70.

Hi ironik, have you tried using the Soft tires yet? I am still trying to get the Hard tires working but cpcdem tried the Soft tires at RBR and this seemed to help him with the 488.

With the Hard tires I am just trying to adjust pressures and camber, I was able to get within about a tenth of my WR, how far off of your Patch 4.0 PB are you?

Voodoochild
06-04-2018, 10:49
i tested both with hard tires over 10ish laps, on defaut private testing conditions

ironik
06-04-2018, 10:53
Hi ironik, have you tried using the Soft tires yet? I am still trying to get the Hard tires working but cpcdem tried the Soft tires at RBR and this seemed to help him with the 488.

With the Hard tires I am just trying to adjust pressures and camber, I was able to get within about a tenth of my WR, how far off of your Patch 4.0 PB are you?

Nope, I didn't try Softs yet. The track temp is 57C ... :cool:
It's my first time around Zhuhai so I can't really compare.
I did some TT before the patch and a bit more after the patch : The behavior differences were clear to me even if my laptimes didn't reflect this. (I didn't know the track at all when I first tried it)

I'll test around Long Beach and I'll report back.

cpcdem
06-04-2018, 11:25
Even if the track is hot, hards do not work at all anymore for me. I tried the softs, they were instantly fast and I could match my previous lap times (low 1.29 in RBR). But they only lasted for one lap and then they overheated...

ironik
06-04-2018, 11:31
Even if the track is hot, hards do not work at all anymore for me. I tried the softs, they were instantly fast and I could match my previous lap times (low 1.29 in RBR). But they only lasted for one lap and then they overheated...

Ok... So the softs are not really working then ^^
All this is really confusing to be honest.
Some say that their car feels better and other say that the same car feel horrible...

cpcdem
06-04-2018, 11:44
The Megane touring car felt just fine to me, same as it was pre patch and my lap times reflected that, same as before.

The 488 GT3 in RBR TT that I tested was a lot slower than before in both the default setup and in the setup I had been using pre patch. Mainly very unstable under braking, but also general grip was much lower, I imagine new people using it will be having a real struggle. When I switched to softs, it became fast and grippy again (and I could match me previous times more or less), but only for 1-2 laps, then they were are slow, due to overheat I assume.

ironik
06-04-2018, 11:52
The Renault didn't have any BoP but I have the same feeling as you.
Maybe SMS modified the gt3 hard tyres.

cpcdem
06-04-2018, 12:08
Maybe SMS modified the gt3 hard tyres.

That's what it looks like, but we are only speculating. Maybe we will hear some official word about this.

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 16:44
How much rebound, I found with all my setups I had to go from about 65% critical damped rebound all the way up to 90% to get it to handle the same.

ironik
06-04-2018, 17:01
How much rebound, I found with all my setups I had to go from about 65% critical damped rebound all the way up to 90% to get it to handle the same.

I didn't touch the dampers so can't really tell.
Thanks for the info though, worth a try.

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 17:38

Ok thanks. How close are you getting to your previous times by changing the rebound. Have you made any additional changes?

CastrolGT
06-04-2018, 18:51
with the baseline setup I use on the Aston Martin GT3, I can say that the car slide easily now. sure, it is more balanced, it understeers way less, but now, putting a bit of throttle on hard tyres makes the car slide a bit. even when braking. the hard tyre seems to have less grip even at temperature. didn't tried soft ATM

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 19:09
So I haven't done to much testing with the changes in the gt3, just because I'm really over booked right now, I've made 6 tunes in the past 24 hours for customers lol. That being said I noticed, after increasing the rebound and was able to get the amount of body roll under control, I also decreased my differential so with 6 clutch I decrease the coast down to about 30 and the power up to 80 after doing that, I was able to get back into the 1.35s at Zhuhai.

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 19:11
Try making changes to the differential, look at the rear wheel tire slips on the same graph, that should guide you. I noticed my differential was way to aggressive and was causing major issues.

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 19:33

EDIT :

Well, fudge. You don't know the track, you're dealing with a new tire model and you still managed one of the quickest(1:32.860) times ever for a GT3 at Zuhai. I hate to see what happens you figure everything out and make a few more laps there.:D

CastrolGT
06-04-2018, 19:36
my differential is generally at 50Nm, 4 plates of clutch, 60 degrees of acceleration and 25 degrees of braking. I already closed the acceleration differential to 45-55 degrees, but it gets a bit worse. I guess that is the way that the Aston Martin should drive. but it definately had changed from patch 4.0, for sure

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 19:40
go up on the power instead of down, again look at the data it'll tell you whats going on.

CastrolGT
06-04-2018, 19:58
you know, getting up on the power means reducing the value, as explained in the description. and that's what I did. but the car slides more. and increasing the angle to open the power differential makes the car react less efficiently in the turns. like when I hit some kerbs, the engine revs up because the inside wheel lift the ground and I lose acceleration. so, I guess that I have to tweak either the camber or the suspension. the aston is easier to drive, but still hard to tune. I don't complain, but understanding the tuning of an old GT3 is a real challenge that I like to accomplish. I've learn so much with this car since I bought the game. I'm half surprized that this car is almost not present in lobbys

EDIT: where do you see that graph? in the telemetry hud? or somewhere else?

Zeratall
06-04-2018, 20:10
Try pcars profiler, its what i use for tire rotation and its a VALUABLE tool when it comes to differential tuning. essentially to much power means, your going to have wheel slip because the tire with the least amount of traction will eventually breakk because its turning at the same speed as the outside wheel. Go to low and your going to have an issue where your putting to much torque on the outside tire, an example is given below.

To Open (High Power 90 Ramp angle) notice the wheel slip.

To Much Locking (Low Power Ramp 20) notice the wheel slip.

Ideal (80 Power) notice the lack of wheel slip.

CastrolGT
06-04-2018, 20:12
interesting. I'll look at that tomorrow to correct my baseline with the new value. thank you :)

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 21:12
Slow progress with Hards but progress. AM Vantage GT3. I was in a lot better shape physically when I set my time back in October so I think I am getting the hang of it. Still having grip/slip detection problems.

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 21:41
Oh well, Suomy has figured everything out already. He ran a 1:28.121 with the AM Vantage GT3 at Donington Park GP. And of course just for good measure he took the GT3 WRs also on Default for the NSX, Audi, Bentley and BMW. He's left the rest for the mere mortals for the time being.:) So if you are a great driver the tires will not have any impact.

ironik
06-04-2018, 22:35
All his laptimes are pre-patch.
It's quite impressive anyway :)
I'm tempted to try to beat him post-patch ^^

blinkngone
06-04-2018, 23:17
All his laptimes are pre-patch.
It's quite impressive anyway :)
I'm tempted to try to beat him post-patch ^^

Ok. How are the rest of the Oscaro guys doing? Have you guys tried Multiplayer with the new tires yet?

I ran the Daytona Tri-Oval as soon as the 5.0 Patch download was completed at 18:27 with the AM. All Suomy's time for Donington were 21:XX with the same date as mine so I assumed he had the new patch.

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 08:49
RBR prior to this recent patch was one of the more popular TT tracks for GT3. Since this patch I have only found 8 runs total and some of these are the same person. The best run was a Default with the Bentley. No new runs with the Aston or the Mercs which should have benefited the most from the car changes. I found 1 run at Monza with the Aston, same guy who also ran RBR and other tracks. Maybe some of the people are like me, a few hundredths of a second or a tenth off their previous PBs and just haven't managed to get there yet to update their TT runs.

ironik
07-04-2018, 09:32
Ok. How are the rest of the Oscaro guys doing? Have you guys tried Multiplayer with the new tires yet?

I ran the Daytona Tri-Oval as soon as the 5.0 Patch download was completed at 18:27 with the AM. All Suomy's time for Donington were 21:XX with the same date as mine so I assumed he had the new patch.

The guys from Oscaro I drive with are training for our next league race.
They're used to the Ferrari pre-patch so... yeah, they're struggling a bit right now ^^
Next race for me will be Tuesday (practice race) and wednesday (official one).

Thanks for the info mate!
I tried to increase the rear rebound from a previous setup I made for Long Beach and I managed to beat my previous record with the Renault GT3.
That being said, my record was a bit "old" and I should have beat it with a bigger margin (only 0,074s)

The car feels definitely different and slower. Maybe I could improve my laptimes with more setup tweaking ... I don't know.

What I don't like with increased rear rebound is that I've lost some turn-in and I understeer more mid-corners.

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 11:03
Even though the GTE and LMP2 cars received improved tires there are not a lot of TT runs. Cluck set a new WR at Spa and the few other records showed significant improvement(Dubai GP and RBR for example). On the official Patch 5.0 thread there is the LMP2 races where they were able to improve 2 seconds a lap.

When this patch finally lands on the consoles the GT3 players are going to be surprised. I suppose what really matters is if the Multiplayer and Career are better with the new tires, for most people, but the ones who run TT are getting tossed into the pool to learn to swim again.

MaXyM
07-04-2018, 11:13
Why TT players only? We online league players are all struggling since our cars with our setups don't work any more as expected.
In leagues most people cannot build efficient setup from screatch. They are often borrow setups from others doing some cosmetic changes. Right now, there is no setup base reflecting changes applied by patch5.
We don't even now what has been changed. Probably tires. But why for God sake? Nobody asked for that and nobody identified hard tires to be wrong. It's like bad joke.
We have a scheduled race tomorrow and most people really don;t know which direction they should follow to quickly adapt their cars to needs.

I've read a few suggestions: power diff and rear rebound.
Values you are suggesting (80* for power ramp, 90% of rebound) are very close to limit of available settings range. Wouldn't it indicate a bug in physics? Is it proper/expected to go for such extreme settings for common use?

Speaking about rebound, what values you meant? fast, slow, transition? I'm completely green regarding dampers settings

davidt33
07-04-2018, 11:39
.....In leagues most people cannot build efficient setup from screatch. They are often borrow setups from others doing some cosmetic changes.
Sounds like me.

ironik
07-04-2018, 11:41
I increased both fast and slow rebound a bit (2-4 click) and it tamed the rear during turn in and mid corner.

UkHardcore23
07-04-2018, 12:05
So the many hours i spent last week putting in tunes after coming across Blinks patch 4 thread was a waste of time?

davidt33
07-04-2018, 12:44
So the many hours i spent last week putting in tunes after coming across Blinks patch 4 thread was a waste of time?
You can say that again. *stomps foot*

MaXyM
07-04-2018, 13:17
I just loaded Loose default setup and entered values from my pre-patch one. I still cannot reach the performance I reached prior to the patch, but the car is at least stable and predictable.
Could you confirm this?

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 13:17
Why TT players only? We online league players are all struggling since our cars with our setups don't work any more as expected.
In leagues most people cannot build efficient setup from screatch. They are often borrow setups from others doing some cosmetic changes. Right now, there is no setup base reflecting changes applied by patch5.
We don't even now what has been changed. Probably tires. But why for God sake? Nobody asked for that and nobody identified hard tires to be wrong. It's like bad joke.
We have a scheduled race tomorrow and most people really don;t know which direction they should follow to quickly adapt their cars to needs.

I've read a few suggestions: power diff and rear rebound.
Values you are suggesting (80* for power ramp, 90% of rebound) are very close to limit of available settings range. Wouldn't it indicate a bug in physics? Is it proper/expected to go for such extreme settings for common use?

Speaking about rebound, what values you meant? fast, slow, transition? I'm completely green regarding dampers settings

Sorry, didn't mean anything by my comment other than my only knowledge/personal experience is with TT. If the tires are causing issues in Multiplayer as well that is unfortunate. I tried the 80 Power Ramp and yes there is little tire slip but also little speed, at 80 you will probably need to go way up in preload as well otherwise you stall on exit but I didn't increase my preload so I don't know. I went back to 65 and am trying to manage the throttle.

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 13:19
I just loaded Loose default setup and entered values from my pre-patch one. I still cannot reach the performance I reached prior to the patch, but the car is at least stable and predictable.
Could you confirm this?

Sorry, I don't have anny of my pre Patch 3.0 setups because we were asked to delete them. How did you get yours back?

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 13:21
I increased both fast and slow rebound a bit (2-4 click) and it tamed the rear during turn in and mid corner.

Thanks ironic, I'll try this as well.

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 13:27

No, they were not a waste of time. You tried them out and they helped you improve so you learned something and were able to enjoy the game more. Now we just have to get down to work and learn Patch 5.0. We will start a Patch 5.0 thread so now that you know where to look go there. Maybe the PC players with their head start will come up with something that might make it less painful for console players, let's hope. Many of us are working hard already.:D

MaXyM
07-04-2018, 13:42
Sorry, I don't have anny of my pre Patch 3.0 setups because we were asked to delete them. How did you get yours back?

I didn't mention pre-patch 3 setups, but pre-patch 5 ones.
I have plenty of them because I race in leagues every Sunday. This time I was preparing to next event when patch5 affected my well prepared car.
As I wrote, I entered values from prepatch5 setup into default one and it seems the car behaves a lot better. Is again stable at least. But still requires some changes

Of course it might not be true (at least not for every case). Maybe some one may confirm or deny that

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 14:18
Finally beat my October PB with the Aston Martin on the 1st Lap(out lap) which is where I need to be because of my leg issues. Was it fun, NO. But I can say that I had tried to beat it with Patch 3.0 and 4.0 and didn't mange to. So, once the good drivers/tuners figure this out they will prossibly be faster in TT. I have no idea about Multiplayer because of the additional challenges of varying track conditions and tire issues. One of the things I did(which I think someone suggested in the official thread) was reduce brake pressure a lot, because of the increased grip of the tires.

ironik
07-04-2018, 14:18
I didn't try that but I tried default setups around brands hatch and they were pretty good / stable IMO.

Edit: the Aston has been buffed quite a lot, so I guess, it's expected ;)

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 14:30
I didn't try that but I tried default setups around brands hatch and they were pretty good / stable IMO.

Edit: the Aston has been buffed quite a lot, so I guess, it's expected ;)

Hi ironik. Is this another track you never ran with your RS01 before?:D Yeah Suomy has the GT3 Patch 4.0 records at this track on Default as well. It's what I was thinking earlier too that the really great drivers like yourself and Suomy are probably going to be ok, at least in TT.

Yes I was hoping to see more people running the AM since the patch but nobody is setting records with it. That is why I am running it to see for myself. If you have time could you make a Default run at Silverstone National for me so I can see the realistic improvements?

I shouldn't have said nobody, I had forgotten about one of the N2O guys using Default to set a WR at Nurburgring.:o

Zeratall
07-04-2018, 15:04
Sounds like you guys are getting similar results with increased rebound, sounds like they definitely changed the damper motion ratios, be sure your changing bump as well to get the tires to there operating temps.

blinkngone
07-04-2018, 15:46
Sounds like you guys are getting similar results with increased rebound, sounds like they definitely changed the damper motion ratios, be sure your changing bump as well to get the tires to there operating temps.

Hi Zeratall, I only briefly tried the rebound adjustments and went back. The more successful people right now are the good/great drivers who are also on Teams and they are running Default. The Brands Hatch run by ironik was Default. The rest of the people(normal drivers) appear lost or just aren't posting here with results. I can't find them on the WMD portal for TT much either. Could you please provide the car/track combination you are working with the rebound adjustments? I think you mentioned Zuhai earlier and possibly the M6, is this the only combination at the moment?

Examples at the most popular track RBR.

The only 5.0 Patch run on the 1st page for the Huracan is a custom at RBR at 1:29.459 +0:00.843 his Damper setup is reducing the rebound and bump transition?
For the 650s only Bump Stops to 0 at 1:30.039 +0:00.793.
AMG GT3 at 1:29.771 +0:00.470. Same person that ran the Huracan, this time less rebound on front more on rear as well as slow bump changes and bump transitions lower.

Zeratall
07-04-2018, 16:23
Your always going to be faster with the loser setup due to improve cornering, the trick with tuning is finding the balance between stability and quickness. Your never going to find a one tune fits all, you need to learn how to make adjustments to tailor your style, my advice of increasing rebound was only a suggestion to get increased stability. When you increase rebound your impeding the rate of weight transfer.
Additionally the two cars you mentioned were very soft in damping pre 4.0 so it's my guess they stiffened it up in 5.0 which is why some users are softening the rebound to get it back to where it was pre patch.

A once wise fsae judge told me, "I cannot tell you scientifically, but hump is for the car (tire Temps) rebound is for the drive, if you have a chicken driver increase rebound until he's confident, if you have a confident driver decrease rebound until he's chicken. If you have low tire Temps increase bump, if you have over temp on the tires decrease bump. " this is a an over simplification but in my time in motorsports its always held true.

ironik
07-04-2018, 19:23
Your always going to be faster with the loser setup due to improve cornering, the trick with tuning is finding the balance between stability and quickness. Your never going to find a one tune fits all, you need to learn how to make adjustments to tailor your style, my advice of increasing rebound was only a suggestion to get increased stability. When you increase rebound your impeding the rate of weight transfer.
Additionally the two cars you mentioned were very soft in damping pre 4.0 so it's my guess they stiffened it up in 5.0 which is why some users are softening the rebound to get it back to where it was pre patch.

A once wise fsae judge told me, "I cannot tell you scientifically, but hump is for the car (tire Temps) rebound is for the drive, if you have a chicken driver increase rebound until he's confident, if you have a confident driver decrease rebound until he's chicken. If you have low tire Temps increase bump, if you have over temp on the tires decrease bump. " this is a an over simplification but in my time in motorsports its always held true.

Great read, thanks for that mate :)

Zeratall
07-04-2018, 21:06
Great read, thanks for that mate :)

No problem m8, were all here to learn =)

KrypticTMG
07-04-2018, 23:18
Hows the patch looking guys, has anyone tried out the bentley yet? Ironik how upset will i be with the new way the RS.01 is handling lol.

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 00:11
Hows the patch looking guys, has anyone tried out the bentley yet? Ironik how upset will i be with the new way the RS.01 is handling lol.

Hi Kryptic, the tires are strange but so far on the few runs that have been since the patch you will still be using the Hard tires. Suomy made a Default run at Brands Hatch GP with the Bentley to a 1:24.599, that's about it for the Bentley. One of the N2O guys made a Default run at Monza to a 1:48.041 +0:01.494 with the RS.01 and Suomy and ironik a couple at Zuhai and Brands, nothing at RBR and that's about it for the RS.01. The majority of the other GT3s don't have any runs closer than a second to the previous WR. There is a Porsche 911 GT3 R at RBR at 1:29.715 +0:00.516. an AMG GT3 at RBR at 1:29.771 +0:00.470. A 650 S at RBR at 1:29.979 +0:00.733. Huracan at 1:29.459 +0:00.843. Bentley at 1:30.220 +0:00.258. This is the most desolate I have seen the TT Leaderboard after a patch, no idea why. On the plus side it looks like you are going to have a lot of work to do with your videos.:D

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=2361713765&vehicle=728234598

Hi Kryptic, I was able to slightly improve my RS. 01 WR with the new patch using Hard tires. Just an observation but even at the low pressures needed for these tires I think you might have a problem keeping the temperatures up.
People that can drive shouldn't have a serious problem.

ironik
08-04-2018, 07:29

Hey krypticTMG!
I'm a bit confused currently. Some says it's better some says it makes the car twitchy and oversteery.

I'm in the second category.
I had to tweak my setup for Long Beach to tame the rear and I managed to improve my TT time BUT, my previous record was done during my training and I knew I should be able to beat it easily. It wasn't with patch 1.5

Same for Zhuhai. I felt a huge difference around there and it wasn't for the best.

I then tried default setup around brands hatch.
The car felt quite good so I'm starting to think that I'm experiencing some sort of bug....

cpcdem
08-04-2018, 08:01
The car felt quite good so I'm starting to think that I'm experiencing some sort of bug....

That's interesting, maybe in Brands and other tracks the hards still work well. I only tried them with the 488 in RBR and default setup was almost undriveable for me, only when I put softs I could push again and do good times, but only for 1-2 laps. Also possibly the hards still work well with some GT3 cars, but not with others.

Smoo
08-04-2018, 08:46
That's interesting, maybe in Brands and other tracks the hards still work well. I only tried them with the 488 in RBR and default setup was almost undriveable for me, only when I put softs I could push again and do good times, but only for 1-2 laps. Also possibly the hards still work well with some GT3 cars, but not with others.

With Ferrari hard vouchers after a few rounds and more oversteering machine, with Soft Machine a little faster but more manageable

My test in long beach and nurburgring

I tried little but I'm not far from my best lap

You drive a little different with this patch more pleasure or not, the fact that in the corner you have a bit of drift I like and allows me to dare more, but I play for fun I do not look for WR for which the opinions can be different.

ironik
08-04-2018, 08:56

I don't have much time to test sadly... I have to train for my race around Zhuhai... and I need to redo all my setups, just to be sure. :(

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 11:16

Hi cpcdem, I have only managed to find a couple of runs with the 488 that were custom but they both used Hards, Nurburgring and Zuhai. The Zuhai run was pretty good for a nerfed car at 1:33.120 +0:00.223. He lowered tire pressure, reduced camber made numerous damper changes and came close to the WR. So it might be track specific as you noted.
You might want to give his car a spin and see how it feels. Also, on other cars I am testing, I seem to do better by backing off the Engine Braking and Traction Control.

KrypticTMG
08-04-2018, 12:37
Hey krypticTMG!
I'm a bit confused currently. Some says it's better some says it makes the car twitchy and oversteery.

I'm in the second category.
I had to tweak my setup for Long Beach to tame the rear and I managed to improve my TT time BUT, my previous record was done during my training and I knew I should be able to beat it easily. It wasn't with patch 1.5

Same for Zhuhai. I felt a huge difference around there and it wasn't for the best.

Ahhhh that's not good i had the car feeling great for Zhuhai doing 1:31.6s in TT but a 31.2 is possible and in practice for the race 95litre's got it down to a 1:32.8 was quite surprised how good it was but i'm bracing myself for all these changes.

Smoo
08-04-2018, 13:16
Hi ironik. Is this another track you never ran with your RS01 before?:D Yeah Suomy has the GT3 Patch 4.0 records at this track on Default as well. It's what I was thinking earlier too that the really great drivers like yourself and Suomy are probably going to be ok, at least in TT.

Yes I was hoping to see more people running the AM since the patch but nobody is setting records with it. That is why I am running it to see for myself. If you have time could you make a Default run at Silverstone National for me so I can see the realistic improvements?

I shouldn't have said nobody, I had forgotten about one of the N2O guys using Default to set a WR at Nurburgring.:o

N2O runs with locked setup, I from ex N2o do the same, with patch 4.0 I did 1.55.4 to Nurb today after 3 laps I did 1.56.0, I feel better the machine but I have to fix FFB because it does not convince me at all, I'm not a guy from WR but I enjoy more do this than do Races and find someone who throws me out

Smoo
08-04-2018, 13:17
1.17.7 in long beach default setting

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 13:43
1.17.7 in long beach default setting

Cool Smoo(Smoicol).:cool: You are running Default so it may be your FFB but it could also be the tires. I have been able to improve my PB with all the cars I have tested and tuned so far, slight but better so people who can drive/tune should do better with the new 5.0 patch. This is the Cadillac ATS-V.R. I'm not trying to see how much better I can do, if I can manage to get ahead of my ghost on the 1st lap I quit, too many cars to test and not enough legs to get it all done right away.

Smoo
08-04-2018, 13:52
Cool Smoo(Smoicol).:cool: You are running Default so it may be your FFB but it could also be the tires. I have been able to improve my PB with all the cars I have tested and tuned so far, slight but better so people who can drive/tune should do better with the new 5.0 patch. This is the Cadillac ATS-V.R. I'm not trying to see how much better I can do, if I can manage to get ahead of my ghost on the 1st lap I quit, too many cars to test and not enough legs to get it all done right away.
I will try, as already said to me helps feel the tire that in the corner has a bit of management and does not blow, allows me to dare more

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 14:02
Hi Smoo, you should try reducing the tire pressures 18.85 on the rights and low 19 bar on the lefts, gives much better feel. Traction Control in the low 20s seems to help as well. Power Ramp at 65%.

Smoo
08-04-2018, 14:08
I would do it as well but use setup default, certainly a custom trim would help so much

ironik
08-04-2018, 15:58
If you have time could you make a Default run at Silverstone National for me so I can see the realistic improvements?

Done !
There is still room for improvement but my lap was decent. ;)

Ahhhh that's not good i had the car feeling great for Zhuhai doing 1:31.6s in TT but a 31.2 is possible and in practice for the race 95litre's got it down to a 1:32.8 was quite surprised how good it was but i'm bracing myself for all these changes.

You need to send me your setup so that I can test it then ! :rolleyes: :D

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 17:46
Done !
There is still room for improvement but my lap was decent. ;)...

You need to send me your setup so that I can test it then ! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks ironik! You are a gentleman as well as a great driver.:D Hopefully your results will further show others what is possible with the adjustments made to the AM and will help bring them back since so many had given up. Your 54.246 is only 0.666 off the 1st pre-nerfed 488 at this track. Thanks again and good luck with your RS. 01 racing in the week ahead.

Ok so far there 4 new WRs with the 5.0 Patch and the AM all on Default, 1 by N2O Dafunk, 1 by N2O Bl4cBoyZ, 1 by Suomy and 1 by ironik. There might be another one but the 15:15 time stamp may have been too early for the 5.0 patch? May not seem like much but it's the most with any car since the patch so great job by them. And I guess some kudos to SMS for adjusting the AM as well.:D

ironik
08-04-2018, 18:50
The default setup is awful for me.
I bet a low 53 is possible.

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 19:39
Sorry, then double thanks for your run for me. How are the rest of your mates doing with the tires?

Oh, go ahead and try my setup, let me know if it's any worse/better. Might need to change the brake balance for yourself, I have leg issues.

Smoo
08-04-2018, 20:17

Your car? I use ferrari, with 8 laps 54.1 and 53.8 out, stay tuned.

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 20:27
Your car? I use ferrari, with 8 laps 54.1 and 53.8 out, stay tuned.

Hi Smoo, I see you are about to pass me.:D Ironik ran the Aston Martin Vantage for me as a favor.

Oh, passed me already.:cool:0:53.955 +0:00.375

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 23:05
Ugh! TX3 Rinpoku is tearing up the Leaderboard with the new GTE tires, good for him. At Brno he put +0:01.740 on Suomy's WR from 3/27 for example. This is great for GTE but why oh why couldn't GT3 have some new tires that normal people could drive better as well? Was it to increase the performance gap between GTE and GT3?

cpcdem
08-04-2018, 23:11
Guys, are you really using hard tires? I gave them another try, with the Aston Martin this time, in case the car makes the difference, but they are still almost undriveable for me, I am having such a hard time keeping the car on track, after patch 5.

And then I realized it, you can actually use soft tires even in default setup! Just do a pit stop, choose soft tires and there you go! I assume you are not really using such an "exploit", are you? If you guys are indeed using hard tires though, then I assume I really need to improve my driving with them...I am giving a try but with not much success so far :)

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 23:22
Guys, are you really using hard tires? I gave them another try, with the Aston Martin this time, in case the car makes the difference, but they are still almost undriveable for me, I am having such a hard time keeping the car on track, after patch 5.

And then I realized it, you can actually use soft tires even in default setup! Just do a pit stop, choose soft tires and there you go! I assume you are not really using such an "exploit", are you? If you guys are indeed using hard tires though, then I assume I really need to improve my driving with them...I am giving a try but with not much success so far :)

Yes they are really using Hard tires, you can check/use their setups in TT. The behavior of the Hard tires is just strange to put it mildly. A few, very few, have managed to run some good times but many are really struggling in TT seconds off the pace. I wish A Public Service Announcement, " Gentlemen this new tire is only a test. If it was real you would have been given a tire that worked well and was easily faster than before. I repeat this is only a test." :D Then next week we would get an update that would fix it.:cool: Oh well.

cpcdem
08-04-2018, 23:29
Yes they are really using Hard tires, you can check/use their setups in TT. The behavior of the Hard tires is just strange to put it mildly. A few, very few, have managed to run some good times but many are really struggling in TT seconds off the pace. I wish A Public Service Announcement, " Gentlemen this new tire is only a test. If it was real you would have been given a tire that worked well and was easily faster than before. I repeat this is only a test." :D Then next week we would get an update that would fix it.:cool: Oh well.

Blink, I just set a new PB for me in National/Aston Martin GT3 with soft tires, after changing to them in the pits. It appears in the leaderboards as default setup...

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=1452261378

With real default setup (hard tires) I am nowhere....but with this trick I can do a lot better and I think there's much more to come.

blinkngone
08-04-2018, 23:41
Blink, I just set a new PB for me in National/Aston Martin GT3 with soft tires, after changing to them in the pits. It appears in the leaderboards as default setup...

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=1452261378

With real default setup (hard tires) I am nowhere....but with this trick I can do a lot better and I think there's much more to come.

Ok, make a Custom setup, use Softs and see if it shows up as Hards when you go back and load your Ghost/Setup. I can only check Custom setups and as I said on the previous page the runs at Nurburgring and Zhuhai showed Hard tires.

Serv's Huracan run at RBR.

davidt33
08-04-2018, 23:53
This situation affecting hard tyres post patch 5 seems very strange and scary to me. Why on earth would a patch that's supposed to bring improvements to a game negatively affect the drivability of racing cars is beyond me? Surely this must be some sort of cruel joke or faux pas.

Following patch 4 with the confirmation that choosing tyres for "Automatic Weather" then applied correct tyres to suit the given weather condition, that's what I've been selecting for tyres. For dry weather condition it has been correctly choosing "Hard" or appropriate and that has been working just fine. It also has been choosing appropriate tyres for other conditions such as rain, snow etc.

Are y'all telling me now that post patch 5 the appropriate tyres for dry or clear weather conditions makes the car more difficult to handle and/or producing slower times for actual races over a number of laps (10-20 plus)? That is ridiculous IMO. The patch has yet to arrive for me (PS4 console) but if that's the case this is a huge disappointment and a step backwards.

cpcdem
08-04-2018, 23:53
Why would it show as hards? In this case it would show correctly as softs and as custom setup.

Btw, I played more with this, I could create PIT strategies in custom events, chose desirable tire pressures and save. Then go back to TT, go to pits, choose whatever tire type I want and voila, I have my new tire pressures, still in default setup! So this trick can be used regardless of tire types, to adjust tire pressures to what you want them, even in forced default setup community events...

I think pit stops must be completely disabled in time trial.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 00:05
Update, I am now close to beating the WR (1 tenth down), again with softs, despite the time showing as default. It just takes much time, because soft tires overheat, so I have to spend 5 minutes after every attempt so they cool down, before I do a new lap. With hards ("real" default setup) I am almost a full second slower...

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 00:15
Why would it show as hards? In this case it would show correctly as softs and as custom setup.

Btw, I played more with this, I could create PIT strategies in custom events, chose desirable tire pressures and save. Then go back to TT, go to pits, choose whatever tire type I want and voila, I have my new tire pressures, still in default setup! So this trick can be used regardless of tire types, to adjust tire pressures to what you want them, even in forced default setup community events...

I think pit stops must be completely disabled in time trial.

Ok, as I said I can only check Custom setups. I believe Ironik used Hard tires for his AM run he did for me because he had tried Soft tires earlier with his RS. 01 and didn't like them. Smoo was using Soft tires with his Ferrari just like you so I don't know if he ever switched to Hards for his Silverstone National runs. I have no idea what the N2O guys used in their Default runs but apparently, based on your experience, could have been using Softs.

As for the "trick" you discovered I don't know what to say.:numbness:

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 00:18

Just that it needs to be taken care of I think!
I already suggested how I think it should be done, but I don't know if I will be taken into account.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 00:23
Update, I am now close to beating the WR (1 tenth down), again with softs, despite the time showing as default. It just takes much time, because soft tires overheat, so I have to spend 5 minutes after every attempt so they cool down, before I do a new lap. With hards ("real" default setup) I am almost a full second slower...

Well c**p! Ok, so you can look like a Default bada** in TT with a Soft tire that is completely useless for racing. Thanks for uncovering this.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 00:35
This situation affecting hard tyres post patch 5 seems very strange and scary to me. Why on earth would a patch that's supposed to bring improvements to a game negatively affect the drivability of racing cars is beyond me? Surely this must be some sort of cruel joke or faux pas.

Following patch 4 with the confirmation that choosing tyres for "Automatic Weather" then applied correct tyres to suit the given weather condition, that's what I've been selecting for tyres. For dry weather condition it has been correctly choosing "Hard" or appropriate and that has been working just fine. It also has been choosing appropriate tyres for other conditions such as rain, snow etc.

Are y'all telling me now that post patch 5 the appropriate tyres for dry or clear weather conditions makes the car more difficult to handle and/or producing slower times for actual races over a number of laps (10-20 plus)? That is ridiculous IMO. The patch has yet to arrive for me (PS4 console) but if that's the case this is a huge disappointment and a step backwards.

I don't know David. From the PC Leaderboard runs it looks like there is a problem and the 3 or 4 of us who post in this thread think there is an issue. There isn't a single post in Multiplayer that would indicate anyone is having an issue and you would think the League racers would have addressed this but no comments what so ever. So maybe it's just the 3 or 4 of us and a few TT runners that are in a bubble. Check out the WMD Portal, it's like a dessert for runs with a few tumble weeds now and then since the patch.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 00:39
Well c**p! Ok, so you can look like a Default bada** in TT with a Soft tire that is completely useless for racing. Thanks for uncovering this.

Glad if I can help!

And now nobody will believe me of course, but I did just just break the record with hard tyres! I got fed up waiting 5 minutes between each attempt with the softs, tried again with the hards and finally made it. It's a lot of fighting with the wheel to keep the car in control with those hards and in 90% of the laps I just completely lost control, but at laest I could now make 10 attempts per minute and in the last attempt I did make it.

So hards can still be fast under circumstances, but I still don't see though how anyone that has not spent hundred hours sim racing can deal with them as they are now. This or I just got worse as a driver lately and I am having very big trouble with them.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 00:51
Glad if I can help!

And now nobody will believe me of course, but I did just just break the record with hard tyres! I got fed up waiting 5 minutes between each attempt with the softs, tried again with the hards and finally made it. It's a lot of fighting with the wheel to keep the car in control with those hards and in 90% of the laps I just completely lost control, but at laest I could now make 10 attempts per minute and in the last attempt I did make it.

So hards can still be fast under circumstances, but I still don't see though how anyone that has not spent hundred hours sim racing can deal with them as they are now. This or I just got worse as a driver lately and I am having very big trouble with them.

Well cpcdem, thanks for your effort. That 0:54.183 with the Aston martin is exceptional. I agree that the new tire will likely increase the gap between the have and have nots. The exceptional racers will persevere and the rest(the majority) will just fall further behind. I can do better than my 0:54.705 but I needed a Custom setup just to do that.;) Oh and as for fighting with the wheel you are not kidding, I have had to retighten everything on my wheel mounting because of this.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 01:00
Thanks blink, guess we need to wait to hear some information about this, if the new tire behavior is intentional or something went accidentally off.

Btw, I think there's enough room for further improvement for the lap time, I just personally give up on this, it's no joy for me fighting like that to keep the car under control in every corner, only to manage a few times to complete the lap and maybe luckily manage to beat the previous time. Driving with the softs was very joyful, but can't wait all that time for them to cool down after every attempt...

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 01:10
Thanks blink, guess we need to wait to hear some information about this, if the new tire behavior is intentional or something went accidentally off.

Btw, I think there's enough room for further improvement for the lap time, I just personally give up on this, it's no joy for me fighting like that to keep the car under control in every corner, only to manage a few times to complete the lap and maybe luckily manage to beat the previous time. Driving with the softs was very joyful, but can't wait all that time for them to cool down after every attempt...

I hear you, it has certainly impacted the fun part of the game. I can't tell you how many times I suddenly spun out of control and ended up in the grass. I had so many WTF moments I almost gave up and my legs absolutely hated me for attempting this. If someone like yourself was getting sick and tired I am sure you can imagine how someone as f***ed up physically as yours truly feels. But if my legs recover tomorrow I will try again.:D

sylekta
09-04-2018, 01:11
@cpcdem I am prep'ing for a fuji league race and had to start my ferrari setup from scratch. With track temp projected to be about 28*C I really only have the option to run hards but I seem to have way less grip than before, I have massive oversteer on turn in to turn3. I am not 100% if its the change in weight distribution with the ferrari or the alleged hard compound changes, if i switch to softs I am fine but I dont think I can make softs survive a long race. I am also finding that I am unable to keep the hards up to temp, my right side drops to hit 75*C mid race and my engineer says they are cold, which results in eve more severe oversteer so I think am getting wheelslip due to lack of grip from cooling tyres. I guess I have just been spoiled by the ferraris ability to keep tyres at a good temp or they really did fuck with the hard compound and we are back to having a shit grey zone where its too hot for softs but not hot enough for hards.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 01:37
@cpcdem I am prep'ing for a fuji league race and had to start my ferrari setup from scratch. With track temp projected to be about 28*C I really only have the option to run hards but I seem to have way less grip than before, I have massive oversteer on turn in to turn3. I am not 100% if its the change in weight distribution with the ferrari or the alleged hard compound changes, if i switch to softs I am fine but I dont think I can make softs survive a long race. I am also finding that I am unable to keep the hards up to temp, my right side drops to hit 75*C mid race and my engineer says they are cold, which results in eve more severe oversteer so I think am getting wheelslip due to lack of grip from cooling tyres. I guess I have just been spoiled by the ferraris ability to keep tyres at a good temp or they really did fuck with the hard compound and we are back to having a shit grey zone where its too hot for softs but not hot enough for hards.

Well, I think no need for that language, but yes, those are my findings and feelings, too :)

I'd say try the softs in practice (same temps of course) for 10 consecutive laps or so, just in case they are ok for this track, do they overheat? If they do not overheat for 10 or so laps, I guess they will be ok for the race.

If not and you need to use hards, then I would not like to be in your position :). People have suggested that adjusting dampers helps putting some more heats on tires, see previous posts in this thread. Another option is to close brake ducts as much as the brakes can handle, their higher temps will help heating the tires, too. I do not have further experience in this area, though, so maybe other guys who have run GT3s more seriously than me after patch 5 can step in and provide more help.

Glasnost
09-04-2018, 02:49
I tried to run a 2.4hr league race with my old setup at Dubai (the long track) in the gt3 Renault. Up until the patch I was running 1.58's race pace on hard tyres.
Then the patch dropped a couple days of days before the race... while my qualifying lap on hards was good. Low 1.57. My race setup on hards was undriveable. Couldn't stay on track more then five laps. Something was seriously wrong with my setup under the new patch.
I currently hold the renault TT around their... as soon as i get a chance I'll do some testing under the new patch.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 05:20
Ok, as I said I can only check Custom setups. I believe Ironik used Hard tires for his AM run he did for me because he had tried Soft tires earlier with his RS. 01 and didn't like them. Smoo was using Soft tires with his Ferrari just like you so I don't know if he ever switched to Hards for his Silverstone National runs. I have no idea what the N2O guys used in their Default runs but apparently, based on your experience, could have been using Softs.

Hard

ktt
09-04-2018, 08:30
It seems the caster angle on the suspension tab has been disabled now. At least with the Formula Renault 3.5 and gt3 cars. Maybe that was done on purpose.

sylekta
09-04-2018, 09:35
It seems the caster angle on the suspension tab has been disabled now. At least with the Formula Renault 3.5 and gt3 cars. Maybe that was done on purpose.

im still able to adjust in the 488 gt3

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 09:43
I tried to run a 2.4hr league race with my old setup at Dubai (the long track) in the gt3 Renault. Up until the patch I was running 1.58's race pace on hard tyres.
Then the patch dropped a couple days of days before the race... while my qualifying lap on hards was good. Low 1.57. My race setup on hards was undriveable. Couldn't stay on track more then five laps. Something was seriously wrong with my setup under the new patch.
I currently hold the renault TT around their... as soon as i get a chance I'll do some testing under the new patch.

Ok Glasnost. It seems crowhop was able to set some TT records at Dubai GP with the new patch using the AMG GT3 that is close to your Renault RS. 01 WR, he also set the 650 S WR. Was anyone else in your group having problems with their race setups?

ktt
09-04-2018, 09:47
im still able to adjust in the 488 gt3

Ok, I tried Audi R8.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 09:48

Hi ktt, some of the GT3 cars have adjustable caster some don't(Huracan for example). I don't think this changed with the new patch.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 09:53
Ok, I tried Audi R8.

Hi, Aston Martin Vantage, changed left front caster to 8.0.

ktt
09-04-2018, 10:04
Hi ktt, some of the GT3 cars have adjustable caster some don't(Huracan for example). I don't think this changed with the new patch.

Yes, you are right, no change with the patch. I just remembered wrong. Caster angle was also disabled in FR35.

Sorry for mixing things up.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 10:15
Yes, you are right, no change with the patch. I just remembered wrong. Caster angle was also disabled in FR35.

Sorry for mixing things up.

Hi ktt, no apology needed. Have you been running any of the GT3s much since the patch?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 10:28
Ok, well Smoo ran the AM to a new WR at Silverstone National, congratulations.

ktt
09-04-2018, 10:40
Hi ktt, no apology needed. Have you been running any of the GT3s much since the patch?

No, mostly the FR35. Feels like the rear is more loose than before.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 10:46
Ok, well Smoo ran the AM to a new WR at Silverstone National, congratulations.

Thanks......-140 off track

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 10:58
[N2O] DaFunk was able to push the Huracan to the outright WR for GT3s at Monza with the new patch using a custom setup. They([N2O]) appear to be the most active since the patch. Team TX3 hasn't really shown up yet in GT3 since the patch.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 11:16
I have a bad ffb, I'm satisfied, I can do a little better, in many tracks I have no good feelings, also I would try other categories, type the formula C or the Tc, unfortunately the time is little, luck that ride with default setup.

P.s N2O Dafunk is good driver and good person.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 11:26
I have a bad ffb, I'm satisfied, I can do a little better, in many tracks I have no good feelings, also I would try other categories, type the formula C or the Tc, unfortunately the time is little, luck that ride with default setup.

P.s N2O Dafunk is good driver and good person.

Hi Smoo. maybe you are right about the FFB. I am going to try and change mine, I am tired of fighting the wheel with the new tires in GT3. Good to know about DaFunk. Maybe you should try the GTE cars, people seem to be enjoying the new tires more. Also LMP2 with the new tires.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 11:34
Hi Smoo. maybe you are right about the FFB. I am going to try and change mine, I am tired of fighting the wheel with the new tires in GT3. Good to know about DaFunk. Maybe you should try the GTE cars, people seem to be enjoying the new tires more. Also LMP2 with the new tires.

I will, what steering do you have? I'm waiting for news for my thrustmaster, I noticed that using too aggressive profiles on the FFB is slower, to go strong you have to find the right compromise of strength and sensibility, which is not easy and different from person to person

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 11:53
I will, what steering do you have? I'm waiting for news for my thrustmaster, I noticed that using too aggressive profiles on the FFB is slower, to go strong you have to find the right compromise of strength and sensibility, which is not easy and different from person to person
Hi, I have the Fanatec CSW 2.5. It's a great wheel but getting the FFB correct is a pain since I only use my right arm. Somehow I am going to need to lessen the road feel forces or I am not going to be able to do this much anymore, I am too exhausted after making a run.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 11:58
Hi, I have the Fanatec CSW 2.5. It's a great wheel but getting the FFB correct is a pain since I only use my right arm. Somehow I am going to need to lessen the road feel forces or I am not going to be able to do this much anymore, I am too exhausted after making a run.

I sold it the same reason too many settings ffb I never found the right setting

MaXyM
09-04-2018, 12:39
Yesterday we had a race on Spa (end of June date). It was 90 min race with air temps 32*C, track temp: 44*C
Some of our driver managed the race with soft tires. After the race he commented on it, that it's possible to do that without tire change at all.

At this point I have to add that this driver is one of better/skilled drivers in our league. He has no opportunity/time to prepare to the race using patch5 tires, so he has chosen stability given by softs for price of the speed and final position. And yes, he did the race under his normal pace, but the fact is, the allows to do that right now, even in such high temperatures.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 12:40
I sold it the same reason too many settings ffb I never found the right setting

Ugh. Well at least I am better off than some console users who can't get theirs to work hardly at all. I have the pedals as well, the polymer spring in the brake broke almost a year ago, I am still using it. I can push down the accelerator pedal with 2 fingers but sometimes toward the end of a single lap I have to place my left foot on top of my right just to get the pedal to go down.:D

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 12:45

GTE tires are alot better. Much more relistic and fun on the edge. Before it just got more planted. The gte lobbies over weekend we're busy, more than I've ever seen and I had great races with a few league groups where running alot.

Gt3 are faster, everyone seemed to getting new best times. It actually takes 6 or 7 laps now to truly stabilize and tires can be iffy while warming up. I like that. Was too easy to push right away before. I can feel the flex and roll now when tires are at pressure, nice addition.

Gt4 feels a little quicker but pretty much the same. I noticed softs don't run up in 30s anymore on the ktm and I was the one who could run softs the easiest. That's good too.

The lmp2 s are hooked up now. The league races Saturday had them all much closer in times than we usually see. I'm loving the tires, already faster, more feedback from the wheel on tire flex, better ffb at the edge, actually much better feedback on the edge as noticed in gte. Starting to feel like real tires. I never liked that the tires seem to straight to drivable after two corners even though core temps would take 5 or 6 laps to stabilize. Seems to be somewhat rectified.

Running softs with a warm track really let me manage the tires with how hard I was pushing. I could take it easy in a few corners and keep softs under 90 and stay fast. Before it was really hard to reduce temps on softs, would take a few slow laps, much better now with core and surface temps. Telementry looked good all weekend.

I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Great driving all weekend. Great league racing, more balanced racing which lead to more battles. The tires are starting to make us work for it instead of just always being easy to handle. Good stuff. Thanks for making it more realistic instead of simple. I always worry about that because if feedback here.

I had more fun this past weekend than I've had yet. I actually felt so much more from the wheel and car. With the amount if battles I had this weekend with so many lobbies I must not be the only one. Really surprised about gte blowing up, you could find a race at anytime. I was running better times in the GTE Porsche that I've ever run but had to work much more it. Was great!

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 12:49
Yesterday we had a race on Spa (end of June date). It was 90 min race with air temps 32*C, track temp: 44*C
Some of our driver managed the race with soft tires. After the race he commented on it, that it's possible to do that without tire change at all.

At this point I have to add that this driver is one of better/skilled drivers in our league. He has no opportunity/time to prepare to the race using patch5 tires, so he has chosen stability given by softs for price of the speed and final position. And yes, he did the race under his normal pace, but the fact is, the allows to do that right now, even in such high temperatures.

Thanks MaXym for the feedback. So how did you do?

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 12:54
Let me add that all my old tunes had to be redone except in gt4. The rear was like ice. Got worse as tires heated up. Put same tune in a new tune slot and ran normal again.

I'm in 7 clubs on discord, lots of tire testing and talk going on. Lots of good feedback. The tune issue was prob at first but once we figured that everyone is really positive about the changes.

I'll keep a eye open for gt3 feedback as that was least used car. Did 5 laps at two tracks I know well in lambo and ran same times. It didn't get bop so that should be correct. Then just tested for race. I'll report back if I read any gt3 negative testing.

cluck
09-04-2018, 13:00
GTE tires are alot better. Much more relistic and fun on the edge. Before it just got more planted. The gte lobbies over weekend we're busy, more than I've ever seen and I had great races with a few league groups where running alot.

Gt3 are faster, everyone seemed to getting new best times. It actually takes 6 or 7 laps now to truly stabilize and tires can be iffy while warming up. I like that. Was too easy to push right away before. I can feel the flex and roll now when tires are at pressure, nice addition.

Gt4 feels a little quicker but pretty much the same. I noticed softs don't run up in 30s anymore on the ktm and I was the one who could run softs the easiest. That's good too.

The lmp2 s are hooked up now. The league races Saturday had them all much closer in times than we usually see. I'm loving the tires, already faster, more feedback from the wheel on tire flex, better ffb at the edge, actually much better feedback on the edge as noticed in gte. Starting to feel like real tires. I never liked that the tires seem to straight to drivable after two corners even though core temps would take 5 or 6 laps to stabilize. Seems to be somewhat rectified.

Running softs with a warm track really let me manage the tires with how hard I was pushing. I could take it easy in a few corners and keep softs under 90 and stay fast. Before it was really hard to reduce temps on softs, would take a few slow laps, much better now with core and surface temps. Telementry looked good all weekend.

I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Great driving all weekend. Great league racing, more balanced racing which lead to more battles. The tires are starting to make us work for it instead of just always being easy to handle. Good stuff. Thanks for making it more realistic instead of simple. I always worry about that because if feedback here.

I had more fun this past weekend than I've had yet. I actually felt so much more from the wheel and car. With the amount if battles I had this weekend with so many lobbies I must not be the only one. Really surprised about gte blowing up, you could find a race at anytime. I was running better times in the GTE Porsche that I've ever run but had to work much more it. Was great!I had a MASSIVE smile on my face all weekend. That was remarkable in itself because I spent most of it doing laps of Spa, a circuit I normally loathe with a passion. In the LMP2 it used to be OK, but now, in Patch 5.0, it's positively sublime. Going into Pouhon, with just a slight lift in 5th and a sharp flick of left-lock, is beguiling and in VR really gives you that feeling of what it looks like in real life.

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 13:04
I had a MASSIVE smile on my face all weekend. That was remarkable in itself because I spent most of it doing laps of Spa, a circuit I normally loathe with a passion. In the LMP2 it used to be OK, but now, in Patch 5.0, it's positively sublime. Going into Pouhon, with just a slight lift in 5th and a sharp flick of left-lock, is beguiling and in VR really gives you that feeling of what it looks like in real life.

I feel the same way. Im trying to get out of working outta town this week right now. I just couldn't get enough seat time.

Glasnost
09-04-2018, 13:05
Ok Glasnost. It seems crowhop was able to set some TT records at Dubai GP with the new patch using the AMG GT3 that is close to your Renault RS. 01 WR, he also set the 650 S WR. Was anyone else in your group having problems with their race setups?

A couple of guys mentioned it. But I was head and shoulders above everyone regarding complete loss of grip with the older setup. Some have suggested it may have even been some sort of game Bug such was the extreme nature of how difficult it was for me to drive all of a sudden.
But the group in general all commented that the track was very greasy... however that alone I feel can't have been the only factor. Doing 58's race pace in just about every on line practice lobby prior to struggling to do 2.01's without spinning just seems fishy. Especially as the race was only two days after the patch.

I won't be home for another 4 days. But as soon as I get some testing in I'll let kerp you informed.

Any particular method for testing I should take?

And yeah..Crow is super quick it doesn't surprise me at all.

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 13:11
I downloaded one of crows tunes on Saturday that he made after patch 5.0 and it didn't work. Was slick as ice. Took pics, put back in and worked fine. So even a tt save after 5.0 wasnt working right.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 13:15

I had more fun this past weekend than I've had yet. I actually felt so much more from the wheel and car. With the amount if battles I had this weekend with so many lobbies I must not be the only one. Really surprised about gte blowing up, you could find a race at anytime. I was running better times in the GTE Porsche that I've ever run but had to work much more it. Was great!

Hi Flight-Test. Thanks for the feedback. So it is possible that I was not making enough laps in TT to get the tires working properly being used to, as you say, the old tires working right away. I did notice it was very difficult for me to get a good out lap but I managed to do it with tuning using hards, I just can't manage multiple laps at the moment. 6 or 7 and I would be in the emergency room.:D It took some work for myself but in every case I have been faster than I was before even though it takes more work to get there. The same for cpcdem, with hards he improved his previous PB by, still on Default, over a second even though he worked very hard for the improvement. So maybe what you have found will help the TT guys run better, it could be they are like me, used to the old hard tires that worked better right away and are not making enough laps. So you were also able to manage the soft tires( I assume you were referring to GTE) in racing but did you do the same in GT3?

Hey, just curious, what is this? "I always worry about that because if feedback here."

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 13:20
I had a MASSIVE smile on my face all weekend. That was remarkable in itself because I spent most of it doing laps of Spa, a circuit I normally loathe with a passion. In the LMP2 it used to be OK, but now, in Patch 5.0, it's positively sublime. Going into Pouhon, with just a slight lift in 5th and a sharp flick of left-lock, is beguiling and in VR really gives you that feeling of what it looks like in real life.

That's great Cluck! I keep checking Bathurst for you in GT3 TT, looking for you to set new records using Default.:D

cluck
09-04-2018, 13:22
That's great Cluck! I keep checking Bathurst for you in GT3 TT, looking for you to set new records using Default.:DHa, I've not looked at Bathurst since I did that crazy thing!

AbeWoz
09-04-2018, 13:25

What car? GT3?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 13:26
I downloaded one of crows tunes on Saturday that he made after patch 5.0 and it didn't work. Was slick as ice. Took pics, put back in and worked fine. So even a tt save after 5.0 wasnt working right.

Yeah, but maybe it's just he has tuned it to his FFB and driving style that doesn't work for you. Which Car/track? The 650 S at Dubai? That was a heck of run considering the 650 S has been so restricted since patch 3.0.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 13:28
Ha, I've not looked at Bathurst since I did that crazy thing!

Please reconsider. All is forgiven.:D

Sankyo
09-04-2018, 13:34
Could someone confirm this? If yes, please point to such a set-up file so it can be used for verification/confirmation?

Yeah, but maybe it's just he has tuned it to his FFB and driving style that doesn't work for you. Which Car/track? The 650 S at Dubai? That was a heck of run considering the 650 S has been so restricted since patch 3.0.
But that doesn't explain why he had no problem with the set-up after manually putting in the same settings and saving the set-up himself?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 13:37
A couple of guys mentioned it. But I was head and shoulders above everyone regarding complete loss of grip with the older setup. Some have suggested it may have even been some sort of game Bug such was the extreme nature of how difficult it was for me to drive all of a sudden.
But the group in general all commented that the track was very greasy... however that alone I feel can't have been the only factor. Doing 58's race pace in just about every on line practice lobby prior to struggling to do 2.01's without spinning just seems fishy. Especially as the race was only two days after the patch.

I won't be home for another 4 days. But as soon as I get some testing in I'll let kerp you informed.

Any particular method for testing I should take?

And yeah..Crow is super quick it doesn't surprise me at all.

Hi Glasnost. Sorry about your particular problem. Ironik mentioned the odd behavior with his RS. 01 thinking he might have bug as well. I don't know how to prove it. Dubai is always greasy, they increased the ambient and track temperatures by a lot with PCars 2. I assume all of you were using the hard tires on this track. Well, as for testing I am using a track I know well so if you can use your favorite track and car and test it so you have some confidence in your results.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 13:40
Could someone confirm this? If yes, please point to such a set-up file so it can be used for verification/confirmation?

But that doesn't explain why he had no problem with the set-up after manually putting in the same settings and saving the set-up himself?

Ok Sankyo, sorry I misunderstood. I haven't tried sharing any setups since the 5.0 patch. It's either Crowhop's 650 S or AMG GT3 at Dubai GP.

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 13:56

The Merc, driving to town but will get back to answer you more. I couldn't get below 2:00 then put it back in and hit 58s right away. You can tell right away. Rear is slick.

Glasnost
09-04-2018, 14:00
Hi Glasnost. Sorry about your particular problem. Ironik mentioned the odd behavior with his RS. 01 thinking he might have bug as well. I don't know how to prove it. Dubai is always greasy, they increased the ambient and track temperatures by a lot with PCars 2. I assume all of you were using the hard tires on this track. Well, as for testing I am using a track I know well so if you can use your favorite track and car and test it so you have some confidence in your results.

Probably stick to the Renault at dubai... I'm currently top of the sheet as I guess its a good reference point.

The race was actually much much cooler as we were running real weather.
I practiced online with real weather but it had also been very hot. So my setup was built around a very hot track.
The qualifying lobby was very hot with real weather as well... however we had server issues and as a result had to rebuild the server/lobby.
We went straight to race to find it was much cooler and overcast despite using real weather again.

Startingto think maybe my tyre temps were way to cold as I had only run the setup on a hot track.
Which would explain why the setup worked during a hot qualifying session but not a cooler race session.

MaXyM
09-04-2018, 14:45
Thanks MaXym for the feedback. So how did you do?

Thanks. I finished 4th being close to P3 (mistake in refueling tactics was part of the loss). With more than 10 years of experience with ISIbased sims, I have no problem to cope with cars simulated in challenging way. But after the patch I did about 100 laps re-preparing my car to 40 lap race ;) But still I wasnt' able to setup BMW M6 GT3 to be on-throttle overstery. Maybe it's track dependent. I have to check other circuits.
The race itself was really demanding. I was completely sweat. After pressures stabilized I was doing pretty consistent 2:21.x with BL 2:20.7. At Qual I did 20:19.3 having chance to improve to 2:18.8 but finally didn't make that.

BTW I went with 0/3 wings. I've tried 1/5 (balance and timing equivalent) but I did bet on higher straight speed for better initial position for potential opportunity of attack.

What car? GT3?

Yes. The fellow I mentioned was driving Porsche GT3.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 14:53
I am slowly becoming familiar with this patch, unfortunately the patch 4.0 has ruined my guide and today I drive much more shrewd. I tried Imola with Ferrari, 1.44.2 struggling, I do not understand if it is a good time, with the 4.0 patch my best was 1.44.8, at least this trusts me

Smoo
09-04-2018, 14:54
Thanks. I finished 4th being close to P3 (mistake in refueling tactics was part of the loss). With more than 10 years of experience with ISIbased sims, I have no problem to cope with cars simulated in challenging way. But after the patch I did about 100 laps re-preparing my car to 40 lap race ;) But still I wasnt' able to setup BMW M6 GT3 to be on-throttle overstery. Maybe it's track dependent. I have to check other circuits.
The race itself was really demanding. I was completely sweat. After pressures stabilized I was doing pretty consistent 2:21.x with BL 2:20.7. At Qual I did 20:19.3 having chance to improve to 2:18.8 but finally didn't make that.

BTW I went with 0/3 wings. I've tried 1/5 (balance and timing equivalent) but I did bet on higher straight speed for better initial position for potential opportunity of attack.

Yes. The fellow I mentioned was driving Porsche GT3.

Yes, but with worn rubber you didn't slip more?

MaXyM
09-04-2018, 14:57
I wouldn't say that a wear affect grip in any way.
I would say times was affected more by amount of fuel and tire pressures. but I worn only 10% of (hard) tires during 90min race.
Before pit (after about 1h) I did my BL 2:20.7, and after refueling (no tire change) I did 2:20.8 (personal 2nd best time this race) a lap before race finish.
Pitty it's not possible to give you perma link to my RScloud. You would see the progression.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 15:04
I wouldn't say that a wear affect grip in any way.
I would say times was affected more by amount of fuel and tire pressures. but I worn only 10% of (hard) tires during 90min race.
Before pit (after about 1h) I did my BL 2:20.7, and after refueling (no tire change) I did 2:20.8 (personal 2nd best time this race) a lap before race finish.
Pitty it's not possible to give you perma link to my RScloud. You would see the progression.

10%? At Spa? I think minimum 50%, at least with the patch 4.0, 90-minute race with Ferrari I consumed more than 50% have also changed the consumption of tires then

MaXyM
09-04-2018, 15:22
yeah.. it seems we can go 24h race on two sets of tires :(

Smoo
09-04-2018, 15:23
yeah.. it seems we can go 24h race on two sets of tires :(

Lol

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 15:42
The Merc, driving to town but will get back to answer you more. I couldn't get below 2:00 then put it back in and hit 58s right away. You can tell right away. Rear is slick.

Hi Flight-Test, apologies for my incorrect understanding of your initial post. So now I am reading it like Sankyo. You tried to share the setup in TT but it didn't work. Then, you took screenshots of crowhop's setup, re-entered it manually and it was better but it still lacked rear grip? Or rear grip was improved with the manual setup you entered vs the shared?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 15:52
I am slowly becoming familiar with this patch, unfortunately the patch 4.0 has ruined my guide and today I drive much more shrewd. I tried Imola with Ferrari, 1.44.2 struggling, I do not understand if it is a good time, with the 4.0 patch my best was 1.44.8, at least this trusts me

Hi Smoo, your 1:44.294 +0:02.335 run is the only 5.0 patch run I can find on the 1st page so it appears to be pretty good, thanks for testing out Imola. It is going to be hard to compare the lap times in TT since the leaders are all running Patch 4.0 which improved the Ferrari and now you are having to use the car with the weight penalty which should make it slower. Have you tried running 5 to7 laps in TT to get the hard tires working better like some have found in multiplayer?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 15:55
Probably stick to the Renault at dubai... I'm currently top of the sheet as I guess its a good reference point.

The race was actually much much cooler as we were running real weather.
I practiced online with real weather but it had also been very hot. So my setup was built around a very hot track.
The qualifying lobby was very hot with real weather as well... however we had server issues and as a result had to rebuild the server/lobby.
We went straight to race to find it was much cooler and overcast despite using real weather again.

Startingto think maybe my tyre temps were way to cold as I had only run the setup on a hot track.
Which would explain why the setup worked during a hot qualifying session but not a cooler race session.

Ok Glasnost, that's a good idea to stick with the Renault since so many of the other GT3s were changed in the patch. That way you/we can better understand just the tire impact. I think Ironik is also sticking with the Renault so now there will be 2 testing at different tracks.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 16:04

Hi MaXym, well almost a podium in your 1st race with the new patch sounds good to me.:cool: Are you going to continue testing the BMW or switch cars?

MaXyM
09-04-2018, 16:36
I usually stay with one car per season (league). So I will stay with BMW M6 in GT3 league for sure. There are 3 races left in schedulle: Hockenheim GP, Nurburgring GP and Barcelona. But we race this serie every second Sunday. So Maybe another patch will come before the season ends ;)
In the meantime, in every another Sunday I race in GTE serie (in Ford GTE). Now I cannot wait to check out what changed to this car.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 16:58
Ok. I am going to briefly summarize what we have found out in this thread since it is getting quite long.

1. GTE and LMP2 are a true joy to drive now even though your old setups might not apply. There is so much more confidence in the tires and most people are setting faster times in both TT and Multiplayer. More work but also more fun.

2. GT3 some people are struggling but others are doing ok with the new tires. Hard tires need more laps to get working than in previous patches which could adversely impact TT results. Even those of us who are not very happy with the hard tires in TT can still mange to beat our previous PBs. Soft tires do not appear to be a good option in TT even though they initially feel better they will not hold up to the punishment in this format. The Aston Martin Vantage is much improved.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 17:32
2. GT3 some people are struggling but others are doing ok with the new tires. Hard tires need more laps to get working than in previous patches which could adversely impact TT results. Even those of us who are not very happy with the hard tires in TT can still mange to beat our previous PBs. Soft tires do not appear to be a good option in TT even though they initially feel better they will not hold up to the punishment in this format. The Aston Martin Vantage is much improved.

Not sure about that part. I was personally able to improve on a car/track combo that I had not spent much time testing with before. But when I tried combos that I was very familiar with previously (for example 488/RBR), I was more than 1 second slower after patch 5. Until I used soft tires.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 17:47
Hi Smoo, your 1:44.294 +0:02.335 run is the only 5.0 patch run I can find on the 1st page so it appears to be pretty good, thanks for testing out Imola. It is going to be hard to compare the lap times in TT since the leaders are all running Patch 4.0 which improved the Ferrari and now you are having to use the car with the weight penalty which should make it slower. Have you tried running 5 to7 laps in TT to get the hard tires working better like some have found in multiplayer?

No best lap always in 2 max 3 laps, after 0.200 0.300 slower

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 18:56
Not sure about that part. I was personally able to improve on a car/track combo that I had not spent much time testing with before. But when I tried combos that I was very familiar with previously (for example 488/RBR), I was more than 1 second slower after patch 5. Until I used soft tires.

Sorry about your Ferrari at RBR. Did you go back and attempt to duplicate your test? Yeah, you didn't run much in October with the AM but you managed to beat it in Default with the new patch and I realize the car was improved but not by 1 second, just about 4 tenths.:D Did I not mention you were not happy?:D I improved my time with this car and others at Silverstone. I am a mess compared to what I was in October so if I can do it I assume others will eventually. Ironik was able to improve his PB at Long Beach with the RS. 01 even though he said his previous run wasn't that good he thought there was still more to be gained with the new tires. Smoo never made a run at Silverstone National and was able to do well with the Ferrari and hard tires even though the Ferrari is much weaker than the runs made back in October. Your Ferrari is also weaker than when you made your RBR run you can't match. I still can't find any others using soft tires. I assume this thread will go on a little while and maybe we can get some more input from GT3 drivers to clarify the situation.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 18:58
No best lap always in 2 max 3 laps, after 0.200 0.300 slower

Ok, thanks Smoo.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 19:03
The soft tires I tried, transmit great stability but at least for me with default trim have not led to improve my time made with the hard, average 0.300 slower and after 6 7 turns the machine tends to understeer and oversteer, a drama

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 19:18
Blink, im not a time trial runner unless I'm testing a tune and take it for a few laps. I run 6 to 8 laps on hards no matter the track to test. Sometimes they will stabilize after 3 or 4 (this seemed the case early in the games life) but normally you will still see a small variance to core temps up to 6 or 8 laps. I tune my tires completely off of BAR from in game telemetry screen and core temp through 3rd party telemetry. 1.70 and no higher than 1.75 bar on GT4, GT3 and GTE for me, that's my preference. Never over 100c on hards, never over 90c on softs (you might get a spike here or there for a corner which is ok as long as they are dropping back under). If you are in these two ranges after 8 laps running race trim and hitting your race deltas you will be good to go for a full stint on tires. Changing weather and time can always effect this of course.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 19:32
Sorry about your Ferrari at RBR. Did you go back and attempt to duplicate your test? Yeah, you didn't run much in October with the AM but you managed to beat it in Default with the new patch and I realize the car was improved but not by 1 second, just about 4 tenths.:D Did I not mention you were not happy?:D I improved my time with this car and others at Silverstone. I am a mess compared to what I was in October so if I can do it I assume others will eventually. Ironik was able to improve his PB at Long Beach with the RS. 01 even though he said his previous run wasn't that good he thought there was still more to be gained with the new tires. Smoo never made a run at Silverstone National and was able to do well with the Ferrari and hard tires even though the Ferrari is much weaker than the runs made back in October. Your Ferrari is also weaker than when you made your RBR run you can't match. I still can't find any others using soft tires. I assume this thread will go on a little while and maybe we can get some more input from GT3 drivers to clarify the situation.

I think most of the other guys here mentioned that they had only done very casual laps before on those combos, so it was easy to improve. You and I we have logged times in literally 100s of TT combos, probably casually in most of them and we can improve our times a lot if we concentrate in a few specific ones.

Having said that, GT3 hard tires are difficult to manage now, but at the same time many cars have been buffed, so one change probably negates the other in terms on lap times.

About the Ferrari, I don't mind that much about it (even though it is still fast enough on softs), since anyway lately I rarely race with GT3s, I just come back to them from time to time to remember the old days :). Since patch 5 was out, I think I will not be coming back to them for good, though.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 19:33
Blink, im not a time trial runner unless I'm testing a tune and take it for a few laps. I run 6 to 8 laps on hards no matter the track to test. Sometimes they will stabilize after 3 or 4 (this seemed the case early in the games life) but normally you will still see a small variance to core temps up to 6 or 8 laps. I tune my tires completely off of BAR from in game telemetry screen and core temp through 3rd party telemetry. 1.70 and no higher than 1.75 bar on GT4, GT3 and GTE for me, that's my preference. Never over 100c on hards, never over 90c on softs (you might get a spike here or there for a corner which is ok as long as they are dropping back under). If you are in these two ranges after 8 laps running race trim and hitting your race deltas you will be good to go for a full stint on tires. Changing weather and time can always effect this of course.

Ok, Flight-Test. If you don't mind, please post with any negative or positive information you hear about the GT3 tires and what times people you know are getting.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 19:43
Ok, I just changed tire pressures and ran my old setup with the Huracan at Silverstone National. I know the car was improved in the 4.0 patch(WR 0:54.240) but I am only 0.160 off of this with my setup from 10/17/2017. So, unless this is a glitch, some cars will be close using the old setups.

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 20:03
Ok, I just changed tire pressures and ran my old setup with the Huracan at Silverstone National. I know the car was improved in the 4.0 patch(WR 0:54.240) but I am only 0.160 off of this with my setup from 10/17/2017. So, unless this is a glitch, some cars will be close using the old setups.

I wonder if the BOP cars are the only ones having issues. I also saw the tune app maker say he was seeing something messed up with rear frequency after patch but delete of tunes corrected it. I think he said what was 60% rear frequency had to now be tune at 90% to make the same setup. This was apparently just a issue with using old tunes though.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 20:04
Well fudge. I just changed tire pressures on the Audi R8 LMS that I spent hours running back in October of 2017 and wouldn't you know I was able to improve my PB. Go figure.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 20:12
I think most of the other guys here mentioned that they had only done very casual laps before on those combos, so it was easy to improve. You and I we have logged times in literally 100s of TT combos, probably casually in most of them and we can improve our times a lot if we concentrate in a few specific ones.

Having said that, GT3 hard tires are difficult to manage now, but at the same time many cars have been buffed, so one change probably negates the other in terms on lap times.

About the Ferrari, I don't mind that much about it (even though it is still fast enough on softs), since anyway lately I rarely race with GT3s, I just come back to them from time to time to remember the old days :). Since patch 5 was out, I think I will not be coming back to them for good, though.

Hi cpcdem, you and Sel had some good battles at RBR with the Huracan, would you mind running that car/track combo to see if the RBR Ferrari problems are duplicated for you?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 20:17
I wonder if the BOP cars are the only ones having issues. I also saw the tune app maker say he was seeing something messed up with rear frequency after patch but delete of tunes corrected it. I think he said what was 60% rear frequency had to now be tune at 90% to make the same setup. This was apparently just a issue with using old tunes though.

Hi Flight-Test, yes it was Zeratall and he did mention issues with the BMW M6 which wasn't buffed/neutered and a particular track Zhuhai which coincidently was also giving Ironik problems with his RS. 01.

"So I haven't done to much testing with the changes in the gt3, just because I'm really over booked right now, I've made 6 tunes in the past 24 hours for customers lol. That being said I noticed, after increasing the rebound and was able to get the amount of body roll under control, I also decreased my differential so with 6 clutch I decrease the coast down to about 30 and the power up to 80 after doing that, I was able to get back into the 1.35s at Zhuhai."

I am staring to think my game is broken, went back into a time warp and I am in October 2017 because all of a sudden I can drive with the new hard tires. Use my old setups as well. My Audi time updated to TT WMD Portal 0:54.124 +0:00.459 though and I thought it wouldn't update if I was on the wrong patch?

MaXyM
09-04-2018, 20:37
I wonder if the BOP cars are the only ones having issues.

BMW M6 GT3 is not listed on BOB list. But its old setups are affected and even using brand new setups the car is less stable.

Regarding time comparison pre and post patch, keep in mind some cars might got improved (BOB) aero/engine. So it might partially negate the issue we are discussing.

sylekta
09-04-2018, 20:39
@Flight-Test
Wait did i catch your post right, you are saying that if you load a patch4 tune, and then save it to a new slot it works fine?
Or if record the settings and enter them manually into a brand new tune ?

So its some sort of tune loading glitch thats causing the oversteer issues on hards?

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 20:52
@Flight-Test
Wait did i catch your post right, you are saying that if you load a patch4 tune, and then save it to a new slot it works fine?
Or if record the settings and enter them manually into a brand new tune ?

So its some sort of tune loading glitch thats causing the oversteer issues on hards?

I put it in from scratch. I took pics of tune and started over with tune and it worked fine. You might try just resaving though, I didn't try that.

sylekta
09-04-2018, 20:54
Thanks for the advice mate, I will give it a jam after work.

Smoo
09-04-2018, 21:08
What track do you want me to try? Use Ferrari

Fight-Test
09-04-2018, 21:12
Just browsed through Discord for Can-Am, AOR, SOR, Panther, IRL and ART and not seeing much talk about tires. I know Can-am had a race saturday night and some guys are reporting issues in mainly gt3 (some had real slick tires and couldn't touch their times prior while others were fine) and the other issue is apparently tire wear isn't working. The race was in a DS so it could be that also causing issues.

I raced a GT4 race Saturday with Panther and no issues but haven't seen anyone say much about gt4 so it might of not been touched much in 5.0.

The others are just testing, some are faster in some cars and some are slower mostly just a few tenths either way, all still think the Ferrari is a beast in race trim, Merc is now a beast but not as good in race trim, Audi could be even better, Caddy is better, Mclaren still sucks, and no one seems to think the acura has changed from a quick read.

Alot more info on other cars, mostly older and the new ferrari. GTE and LMP2 seems to be where its at now in terms of great balanced racing. I also checked the GT3 thread in AOR and nothing there.

New WR's are getting set also so looks like the fast guys are still fast and not seeing issues yet but who knows what kinds of stints have been tested.

I can tell you from being in GTE all day yesterday that they are very good and balanced still with a little more feel coming back to the driver. Had more wheel movement than normal but it was good and laps are faster.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 21:28
What track do you want me to try? Use Ferrari

Hi Smoo, I can't find anyone trying the patch at Algarve, is that ok?

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 21:36
Just browsed through Discord for Can-Am, AOR, SOR, Panther, IRL and ART and not seeing much talk about tires. I know Can-am had a race saturday night and some guys are reporting issues in mainly gt3 (some had real slick tires and couldn't touch their times prior while others were fine) and the other issue is apparently tire wear isn't working. The race was in a DS so it could be that also causing issues.

I raced a GT4 race Saturday with Panther and no issues but haven't seen anyone say much about gt4 so it might of not been touched much in 5.0.

The others are just testing, some are faster in some cars and some are slower mostly just a few tenths either way, all still think the Ferrari is a beast in race trim, Merc is now a beast but not as good in race trim, Audi could be even better, Caddy is better, Mclaren still sucks, and no one seems to think the acura has changed from a quick read.

Alot more info on other cars, mostly older and the new ferrari. GTE and LMP2 seems to be where its at now in terms of great balanced racing. I also checked the GT3 thread in AOR and nothing there.

New WR's are getting set also so looks like the fast guys are still fast and not seeing issues yet but who knows what kinds of stints have been tested.

I can tell you from being in GTE all day yesterday that they are very good and balanced still with a little more feel coming back to the driver. Had more wheel movement than normal but it was good and laps are faster.

Ok, thanks. Some of the league racers were concerned about the Ferrari being to good before the patch so I am guessing the added weight isn't going to slow it down enough to stop it's dominance. Back to the setup saving. What I have ben doing today is loading my old ghost, saving it to a new slot, then lowering the tire pressure and I have a good setup with rear grip with the Huracan and Audi at one track. I restarted the game and Steam says view updates and it's Patch 5. I can easily drive these cars now so maybe there are problems with specific cars at specific tracks.

blinkngone
09-04-2018, 23:21
I tried to run the BMW M6 GT3 at Silverstone National. I haven't driven this car since October and I tried using the same setup process I had used earlier with the Huracan and the Audi. I only changed the tire pressure and for some reason I was slower with this car by about 4 tenths on hard tires. Not out of control just very little acceleration on corner exits. Then I tried to restart and my setup just disappeared. I exited, then went back in and reduced my tire pressure and saved it to a new slot. So with this car I am slower but I have a different problem than Zeratall was having with his at Zhuhai. I will come back again later on to see if I can get back to my PB. So far I have the AM faster, the Audi faster and the RS. 01 faster. My Huracan is off a little and my BMW M6 more.

cpcdem
09-04-2018, 23:30
Hi cpcdem, you and Sel had some good battles at RBR with the Huracan, would you mind running that car/track combo to see if the RBR Ferrari problems are duplicated for you?

Yeah, it was a good (lost :)) battle, but then in patch 4 the Huracan received a good boost, so those lap times we had done are not relevant anymore. A good comparison would be between a combo done just before patch 5 and another after it, but unfortunately I don't think I run any GT3 car in the previous couple months (before patch 4), apart from the Ferrari (with which I can match my previous lap times, but only when using softs).

But coincidentally, just last night I tried a quick TT test with the Huracan on default setup, struggled bigtime with its handling, exactly like with the Ferrari and the Aston, got frustrated after half a lap and aborted. I am really wondering how come some people are finding the handling of GT3s post patch 5 great and what some of us are doing so terribly wrong to find them extremely bad...

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 00:15
I don't know what is wrong. I have problems with the cars but I am having issues with a couple of tenths in some cases but I am very weak as well so I don't know if I could do better if I was healthy like before. I just ran the AMG at Silverstone and I was slightly slower but my steering hand is now messed up and legs gone so I can try tomorrow. I am ahead for much of the lap but going into the last corner my limbs quit and I can't recover enough by start/finish.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 00:21
Yeah, it was a good (lost :)) battle, but then in patch 4 the Huracan received a good boost, so those lap times we had done are not relevant anymore. A good comparison would be between a combo done just before patch 5 and another after it, but unfortunately I don't think I run any GT3 car in the previous couple months (before patch 4), apart from the Ferrari (with which I can match my previous lap times, but only when using softs).

But coincidentally, just last night I tried a quick TT test with the Huracan on default setup, struggled bigtime with its handling, exactly like with the Ferrari and the Aston, got frustrated after half a lap and aborted. I am really wondering how come some people are finding the handling of GT3s post patch 5 great and what some of us are doing so terribly wrong to find them extremely bad...

Are you only running RBR? Serv has been having some success there, 1:29.459 +0:00.843 with the Huracan but I guess you already tried his setup.

Smoo
10-04-2018, 00:31
Tried Algarve and Brno, two runs that I had never shot with Ferrari, Algarve was the first time ever, instead Brno with Renault I was shooting in 2.00.4, I can say that on Brno I can go down at least 0.300 s, Algarve I have so much margin but it is a complex track it takes more time.

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 00:38
Are you only running RBR? Serv has been having some success there, 1:29.459 +0:00.843 with the Huracan but I guess you already tried his setup.

No, I had tried Silverstone National with the Huracan, default setup, but once I saw I was again fighting bigtime also with this car, I gave up after turn 2 (where I easily lost the car under braking). I have not used anyone's setup either, I stubbornly refuse to make setup changes to workaround this situation, as I think cars should be driveable also in default setups, especially since we are talking about GT3s.

Btw, have you tried decreasing (a lot) the volume option in your FFB settings? I am using a much lower wheel (G29) so I do not mind the physical effort much, but in your case I think lowering the volume should greatly help.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 00:46
Tried Algarve and Brno, two runs that I had never shot with Ferrari, Algarve was the first time ever, instead Brno with Renault I was shooting in 2.00.4, I can say that on Brno I can go down at least 0.300 s, Algarve I have so much margin but it is a complex track it takes more time.
Sorry Smoo, I wasn't trying to throw you a curve. Go ahead and work on you Brno runs instead. Thanks for trying!

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 00:52
Oh, come on guys...I just had a test also with the Ferrari GTE, this is the exact opposite extreme! This car (GTE) has no ABS, but in this case with default setup I can not even lock the wheels on braking at all *, even when pressing the brake pedal completely from beginning to end! It is just my humble opinion obviously, but I think something has went really, really off in this area with the last patch.

* Edit: OK, not at all, but it is extremely minor. And the grip from default setup/hard tires is enormous in the GTE...

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 00:56
No, I had tried Silverstone National with the Huracan, default setup, but once I saw I was again fighting bigtime also with this car, I gave up after turn 2 (where I easily lost the car under braking). I have not used anyone's setup either, I stubbornly refuse to make setup changes to workaround this situation, as I think cars should be driveable also in default setups, especially since we are talking about GT3s.

Btw, have you tried decreasing (a lot) the volume option in your FFB settings? I am using a much lower wheel (G29) so I do not mind the physical effort much, but in your case I think lowering the volume should greatly help.

Yes I agree with you, the problem is some are driving the Default setups to WRs and other people can't seem to find anything that works. I see you have been on the slicks issue in General and there seem to be a few upset people there. Maybe there is/are bugs in some peoples game that are causing these huge differences in what is working. I don't know what happened to my game but everything is working much better since I changed my FFB settings. I didn't like my slicks when I first started this thread but now, just today, I think they are ok.

Yes, I did that yesterday after Smoo's comments and I think it helped me a lot.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 00:59
Oh, come on guys...I just had a test also with the Ferrari GTE, this is the exact opposite extreme! This car (GTE) has no ABS, but in this case with default setup I can not even lock the wheels on braking at all, even when pressing the brake pedal completely from beginning to end! It is just my humble opinion obviously, but I think something has went really, really off in this area with the last patch.

Oh no, the GTE class is the one everyone is raving about being so good now. That and the LMP2s, have you tried one these?

I am not sure what you guys are talking about when you refer to locking the brakes. I always thought it was lots of smoke and tire squeal and no steering because the front brakes are locked.

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 01:01
Maybe there is/are bugs in some peoples game that are causing these huge differences in what is working.

I really don't think so. With GT3 cars, soft feels grippy to me. Hards undriveable. With GTEs, even hards are extremely planted, too much I think (I have not tried softs yet). Doesn't look like a local bug...

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 01:03
Oh no, the GTE class is the one everyone is raving about being so good now. That and the LMP2s, have you tried one these?

No, I have no energy left anymore...If "so good" means that with the GTEs it is now almost impossible to even lock up the tyres under braking in cars with no ABS, then I really do not know what to say...

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 01:26
No, I have no energy left anymore...If "so good" means that with the GTEs it is now almost impossible to even lock up the tyres under braking in cars with no ABS, then I really do not know what to say...

Ferrari, yes it is more difficult to lock the brakes on this car because I usually run more rear balance. Still locks for me though.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 01:40
C7.R smokes them but so far the RSR is the best at locking the brakes of the 3. One of the reasons I am a slower driver than you cpcdem is that I am often locking the brakes on corner entry and therefore I am too slow mid corner and exit and there you go off into the distance...:D

Chicken Patty
10-04-2018, 01:47
Hello all,
Has it happened to anybody else that s car in the same class always tends to have way more straight line speed than you? I've tried minimum down force and nothing. Anybody?

That, and A.I. just seems really fast in the rain. Any pointers on either issue?

sylekta
10-04-2018, 02:03
I can beat 110 AI in the dry, but 110 AI in the wet is 5s faster than me around Fuji
So either I totally suck in the wet, or that's another patch oddity

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 02:09
Hello all,
Has it happened to anybody else that s car in the same class always tends to have way more straight line speed than you? I've tried minimum down force and nothing. Anybody?

That, and A.I. just seems really fast in the rain. Any pointers on either issue?

Well hello Chicken Patty.:) This is the Patch 5.0 thread. Did these problems start after you got the patch? The cars that are faster than you, are you referring to the A.I.? Yes he A.I. are fast in the rain, they have been adjusted in previous patches but they are not perfect. Some will be much faster than you depending on the car/track and some will drive like grannies. I assume you are running a custom race so you can determine what A.I. settings you should use, when you do this the cars are still much faster than you?

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 02:18
C7.R smokes them but so far the RSR is the best at locking the brakes of the 3. One of the reasons I am a slower driver than you cpcdem is that I am often locking the brakes on corner entry and therefore I am too slow mid corner and exit and there you go off into the distance...:D

As you know, this is not about being about a better driver, but about being able to use well both hands and legs...if I also had the issues you are facing, I would be extremely happy if I would manage to be even relatively close to what you are accomplishing now. Anyway, yes it is possible to lock the wheels, but you need to absolutely not modulate the pedal at all, and even then you get very little locking I think, and I remind that there's no ABS. I first gave a test to the Ferrari GTE, which seems to lock even less than the rest. And grip....immense, I can overshoot the first very fast corner in national (Copse) and still very easily be able to correct it while still using almost full throttle...

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 03:02
As you know, this is not about being about a better driver, but about being able to use well both hands and legs...if I also had the issues you are facing, I would be extremely happy if I would manage to be even relatively close to what you are accomplishing now. Anyway, yes it is possible to lock the wheels, but you need to absolutely not modulate the pedal at all, and even then you get very little locking I think, and I remind that there's no ABS. I first gave a test to the Ferrari GTE, which seems to lock even less than the rest. And grip....immense, I can overshoot the first very fast corner in national (Copse) and still very easily be able to correct it while still using almost full throttle...

Well I guess I misunderstood you again. So you think it should be easier to lock the brakes in the GTE cars not that you can't. When I watch my replays I am sometimes locking the brakes part way through the corner but then again I have the load cell and you don't. The brakes are one of the problems I am having with the new patch. I am braking too much and losing time. The tires seem to have too much grip and I am braking like I used to and now it's too much but I am trying to adjust by reducing the pressure. I am starting to make progress today. The other problem I am having since the patch is I seem to stall after braking and can't accelerate so I am going to try more of reducing the traction control so I can get some tire slip back and reduce rear camber as well. I think there is too much grip. I am not discouraged by my progress. I had basically quit driving Silverstone National by November. Before the 5.0 patch I had only driven the RS. 01, 911 and the ATS.V(oh I forgot I have also improved my PB with this car as well with the new patch) of the GT3s. Then I drove the new Porsches, the BMW V12 LMR, Bentley, the RSR and C7.R GTEs and some Road cars for Prefrirga60, that's it. You don't have to look very far in the Garage to find people concerned that they were slower after the 4.0 patch, or had bad braking with it. For some reason the patches affect different people with different results. This one does seem to be unusual in that you are having really bad issues. The only thing I can suggest is that you might consider deleting the game and then reload it with the new patch installed.

Dang, I had forgotten about that crazy experiment with the ratchet with the Capri, how could I have forgotten that?
Slower with the 4.0 patch.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61325-Are-you-quite-a-bit-slower-since-patch-4

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 03:18
Yes, that's what I meant: 488 GT3 has ABS, I would expect the car to be more or less stable under braking (like before patch 5), but instead now it locks up so easily and is very hard to keep under control under braking. On the other hand, the GTE has no ABS, so I would expect it to lock up more easily (as it did pre-patch), but instead it now hardly locks up, even without modulating the brake pedal at all.

Chicken Patty
10-04-2018, 03:38
Well hello Chicken Patty.:) This is the Patch 5.0 thread. Did these problems start after you got the patch? The cars that are faster than you, are you referring to the A.I.? Yes he A.I. are fast in the rain, they have been adjusted in previous patches but they are not perfect. Some will be much faster than you depending on the car/track and some will drive like grannies. I assume you are running a custom race so you can determine what A.I. settings you should use, when you do this the cars are still much faster than you?

Hello,
The AI being faster in a straight line has always been there, but I notice it's really bad now after Patch 5.0. Like for example in the C7.R going down Mulsanne, I literally get my doors blown off by a car that is not drafting anybody. However, the car behind me that is drafting off me, is not closing the gap, unless I'm missing something here, it makes no sense.

As far as the AI in the rain, yes, before patch 5.0 they were pretty even with me as far as times, now I can't keep up no matter what I do.

Smoo
10-04-2018, 06:33
True with patch 4 they ruined me and now patch 5 I'm resurrecting, at some point I doubted myself

Smoo
10-04-2018, 06:35
Let's see if I can try the Ferrari GTE Al RBR, my old best in private test was 1.28.3

Update.....

Wow Ferrari GTE on RBR is fantastic,-2,000 s from my best

Update 2.0.....

Silverstone national very easy in 5 laps.....

ironik
10-04-2018, 08:48
Yes, that's what I meant: 488 GT3 has ABS, I would expect the car to be more or less stable under braking (like before patch 5), but instead now it locks up so easily and is very hard to keep under control under braking. On the other hand, the GTE has no ABS, so I would expect it to lock up more easily (as it did pre-patch), but instead it now hardly locks up, even without modulating the brake pedal at all.

Yeah, I think you're right about wheels locking.
I had this while testing the Aston Martin (Default setup, so no setup bug here) around Silverstone Nat. I didn't know the track and despite having ABS on (75%) it was like I was locking the wheels during every hard braking zone.
I had to modulate my braking much more than usual.

I then tried to increase the ABS value to 80 and it felt instantly better.

sylekta
10-04-2018, 09:52
so I can confirm what flight suggested, took a photo of a patch4 tune then created a new one and manually input the settings. Was able to confidently drive it, night and day difference to just loading the patch 4 tune. I was not able to achieve quite the same pace which is to be expected with the ferrari nerf, suspected hard compound changes and I still get a little bit of oversteer but I am happy with some minor tweaks I will be good to race.

Sankyo
10-04-2018, 10:20
so I can confirm what flight suggested, took a photo of a patch4 tune then created a new one and manually input the settings. Was able to confidently drive it, night and day difference to just loading the patch 4 tune. I was not able to achieve quite the same pace which is to be expected with the ferrari nerf, suspected hard compound changes and I still get a little bit of oversteer but I am happy with some minor tweaks I will be good to race.
Could you (or anyone else suffering from this) try and check the telemetry HUD when driving and compare scratch vs loaded pre-patch 5 set-up to see if anything is wrong w.r.t. tyre choice, suspension, temperatures etc. between the two scenarios? Just drive a few laps to see if anything obvious is seen that might explain the reported handling difference. That would greatly help, since none of this is seen on dev side.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 10:28
Let's see if I can try the Ferrari GTE Al RBR, my old best in private test was 1.28.3

Update.....

Wow Ferrari GTE on RBR is fantastic,-2,000 s from my best

Update 2.0.....

Silverstone national very easy in 5 laps.....

Well Smoo, I don't really know what to say but thanks so much. Fantastic with the GTE at RBR!:D

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 10:33

Thanks syletka! So far it's only yourself and Flight-Test who have used this workaround. If this worked for more people it would really help. Lucky for me I am not having this setup problem anymore.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 10:41
I had this while testing the Aston Martin (Default setup, so no setup bug here) around Silverstone Nat. I didn't know the track and despite having ABS on (75%) it was like I was locking the wheels during every hard braking zone.

Ok, I am having braking problems at 75 as well. I thought it was just me because I haven't driven in such a long time. At Silverstone I have been reducing the brake pressure to as low as 72 to try and stop the lockups. I'll try working on the ABS instead.

Good luck in your racing!

ironik
10-04-2018, 10:53
Could you (or anyone else suffering from this) try and check the telemetry HUD when driving and compare scratch vs loaded pre-patch 5 set-up to see if anything is wrong w.r.t. tyre choice, suspension, temperatures etc. between the two scenarios? Just drive a few laps to see if anything obvious is seen that might explain the reported handling difference. That would greatly help, since none of this is seen on dev side.

I have a problem with my wheel so I can't do that right now.
I hope I'll be able to do that soon.

IIRC, I had pressure problem. My rear tyres pressure was above 1.80 with the lowest cold pressure (1.30) after 3-4 laps around Zhuhai, starting from pits. Track temp was around 57C.

Smoo
10-04-2018, 10:57
Look silverstone national with ferrari gte

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 11:28

Yeah, the Ferrari GTE is completely planted now, you can overshoot corners, just apply more steering lock and there you are! Brake with full force and no pedal modulation and it is still very happy! It felt to me like a car with formula 1 or LMP1 downforce on it. And then the GT3 is the exact opposite...

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 11:34

Just to be clear about myself, I've only been using default setups in those tests, so this is not affecting myself at least. I only tried going to softs (in an otherwise completely default setup), which did make a huge difference handling-wise, until the tires overheated.

ironik
10-04-2018, 11:44
Just to be clear about myself, I've only been using default setups in those tests, so this is not affecting myself at least. I only tried going to softs (in an otherwise completely default setup), which did make a huge difference handling-wise, until the tires overheated.

I have mixed feelings about default setups... I almost never drive them so it's hard for me to compare :(

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 11:51

Cool! I take it you are liking the 488 GTE.:cool: Where are you going next? There is nothing at Brands Hatch GP yet.

AbeWoz
10-04-2018, 11:54
someone want to test an M6 GTLM tune for me while I'm stuck at work? lol

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 12:07

Thanks for the tip, could be very helpful to some! For me I will stubbornly insist on default only runs though :)

ironik
10-04-2018, 12:11
Thanks for the tip, could be very helpful to some! For me I will stubbornly insist on default only runs though :)

You can run default and still change the Brake balance / ABS / TC ;)

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 12:33
You can run default and still change the Brake balance / ABS / TC ;)

Yeah, I do that :). But only for brake balance, which is easy to adjust by simply using assigned +/- buttons, and for TC HIGH/LOW/OFF, for which you can also use a wheel button. I do not have the patience to adjust ABS/TC in detail from the ICM, especially since after every restart this setting resets, so you have to set it from the beginning again every time.

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 13:39
Guys, I think it all has to do with tire temperatures, being in the correct window or not, this is why we are seeing wildly different opinions, it's because we are testing different cars, in different tracks, in different conditions and the tire temps are different.

I just tried the 488 GT3 in Silverstone National with Default Loose and it wasn't really bad, I was much slower than before, but handling was more or less OK, also didn't have trouble hard braking. The tire temps were around 95-105C for the most part of the lap
Then I tried the same car in RBR, again with Default Setup. There, due to the straights, temps were easily dropping to almost 80C, and all the handling issues surfaced again, oversteer, understeer, unstable under braking.

So maybe it all has to do with the hard tire working temp window got narrowed a lot? It maybe requires temps always above 90 or 100 degrees and below that their performance reduces rapidly?

Edit: Clarification, both tests made in TT mode.

Edit2: Nah, checked now also the Aston Martin in S/National, tire temps were also at around 100C, but the car was very unstable again. Conclusion: I have no clue! :)

Smoo
10-04-2018, 15:27
RBR really bad with Ferrari GT3, I did 3 laps in all and best time 1.29.7, my best is 1.29.0 in TT Patch 4.0, on average I notice an improvement in my time of 0.600 on my BL so it only takes time and adjustment , the braking is different and longer, in two points seems to have no more acceleration than before....... GTE is another car.

AbeWoz
10-04-2018, 15:32
488 GT3 is one that go hit with BoP (weight increase) so that will have some effect on the car. Setup will probably need to be tweaked slightly to accommodate.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 15:48
488 GT3 is one that go hit with BoP (weight increase) so that will have some effect on the car. Setup will probably need to be tweaked slightly to accommodate.

Hi Abe, Smoo ran a Default run with the Ferrari at Silverstone National at 0:53.955 +0:00.375 against some highly tuned setups from October 2017 before the Ferrari was ever nerfed so he and cpcdem are both seeing something strange at RBR.

AbeWoz
10-04-2018, 15:51
Hi Abe, Smoo ran a Default run with the Ferrari at Silverstone National at 0:53.955 +0:00.375 against some highly tuned setups from October 2017 before the Ferrari was ever nerfed so he and cpcdem are both seeing something strange at RBR.

ah ok. yeah i'm trying to keep up with the thread as best as possible, but im sure i missed some things.

Smoo
10-04-2018, 17:34

https://s31.postimg.org/rubofqj7r/Screenshot_20180410-193313.png (https://postimg.org/image/rubofqj7r/)

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 19:34
Yeah, with default setup (hard tires) I was nowhere in RBR with the 488 GT3 after the patch, but once I went to soft tires, braking become stable again, grip was back there and I could go to low 29s again, until the softs overheat. But hards do not work for me at all there with default setup.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 19:41
Yeah, with default setup (hard tires) I was nowhere in RBR with the 488 GT3 after the patch, but once I went to soft tires, braking become stable again, grip was back there and I could go to low 29s again, until the softs overheat. But hards do not work for me at all there with default setup.

I can't drive or I would try RBR with the Ferrari, maybe over time some more people will try the track with the new patch so we can have a better idea what is going on.

Smoo
10-04-2018, 19:47
When I return my goal is 1.28.xxx

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 20:17

Ok, Nouxt was able to run a Custom setup to a 1:28.921 +0:01.260 using Hard tires but look at what he ran his ABS to, 84%. Maybe, cpcdem as you have noted, the lock ups at Default are affecting you at RBR with the Ferrari in more ways than just the braking, flat spotting the tires?

sylekta
10-04-2018, 20:44

Did not notice anything glaring, temps and pressures were expected, correct tyre compound. I managed to tough it out to around 12 laps at fuji (clear, spring, 25*C track temp) and was struggling to keep my right side hard tyres above 80*C, problems got worse as they cooled so as someone said, if the operating temp for hards was slightly changed I am just in that grey zone were its slightly too hot for softs and on fuji not enough left handerss to keep heat in the right side tyres.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 21:19
Did not notice anything glaring, temps and pressures were expected, correct tyre compound. I managed to tough it out to around 12 laps at fuji (clear, spring, 25*C track temp) and was struggling to keep my right side hard tyres above 80*C, problems got worse as they cooled so as someone said, if the operating temp for hards was slightly changed I am just in that grey zone were its slightly too hot for softs and on fuji not enough left handerss to keep heat in the right side tyres.

Ugh. So there now was no difference between the loaded setup and the scratch(manually entered) setup at Fuji? Even on running 12 laps each setup or 24 total laps?

cpcdem
10-04-2018, 21:20
Ok, Nouxt was able to run a Custom setup to a 1:28.921 +0:01.260 using Hard tires but look at what he ran his ABS to, 84%. Maybe, cpcdem as you have noted, the lock ups at Default are affecting you at RBR with the Ferrari in more ways than just the braking, flat spotting the tires?

That's an interesting theory, but I am having trouble braking even in T2 and T3 (with the hards), just a few seconds after my run stared, so I don't think it's flat spot related.

I have a theory about the changes, maybe the devs have adjusted them in a certain way on purpose and they are not explaining on purpose again, they are waiting for us, to see if we will figure it out ourselves an realize it all makes sense in the end! The other option in this theory is that the result of their changes were not actually the intended ones :)

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 21:29
That's an interesting theory, but I am having trouble braking even in T2 and T3 (with the hards), just a few seconds after my run stared, so I don't think it's flat spot related.

I have a theory about the changes, maybe the devs have adjusted them in a certain way on purpose and they are not explaining on purpose again, they are waiting for us, to see if we will figure it out ourselves an realize it all makes sense in the end! The other option in this theory is that the result of their changes were not actually the intended ones :)

Ok, I am hoping that there will be a small patch that will make everyone happy. Not likely to happen, to make everyone happy, but maybe just a few more.:D Surprised Asturbo hasn't had to start a thread yet but might as well wait for the consoles to get 5.0.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 23:19
Well, there are some conversations in other threads about the differentials being off. One of the solutions is to reduce preload to 0. I haven't been able to find this setup in any of the TT runs I have checked since the patch, all the LSDs I have checked are normal preload including the Audi in which the Stable LSD uses 350 preload. Back in October I was experimenting with the combination LSD(geared and clutch using the Audi Stable setup as the base) and when I made my run the other day I didn't check it but indeed the combo LSD was used and maybe that is why it was the easiest car for me to drive since the patch. So I am going to go back and try this LSD with some of my other GT3s to see what happens.

blinkngone
10-04-2018, 23:42
Well, mixed results. On the front engine Cadillac ATS-V.R nada, drove like c**p. But on the Huracan which I haven't been able to drive since October, it was just impossible for me to do anything with it, I have set a new PB, just a 0:00.001 but better.:D It was only the out lap but I didn't feel I could make another lap without collapsing so I quit.

cpcdem
11-04-2018, 00:05
Ok, I am hoping that there will be a small patch that will make everyone happy. Not likely to happen, to make everyone happy, but maybe just a few more.:D Surprised Asturbo hasn't had to start a thread yet but might as well wait for the consoles to get 5.0.

I am very much hoping that, too, because I do not know if it is only my impression, but it seems to me like the number of people running online has greatly reduced after patch 5. Right now there are just 79 people racing (Steam), it was similar at that time yesterday. I really hope I am completely wrong, but this is not looking good at all.

Smoo
11-04-2018, 00:07
Nothing to do, RBR with soft 1.30.0 1.29.8, with hard 1.29.6 1.29.2 ferrari gt3 setup default

Smoo
11-04-2018, 00:14
Unfortunately passes the desire, with patch 4.0 I hated this game, I left the team because I had become ridiculous and repetitive and strange behaviors I saw them only me, obvious to them things were good why change? To date I do not still play in the lobby because I do not feel ready, just I'il performed a run from 50 60 laps with a good step and without accusing surprises I will pass to the lobbies

blinkngone
11-04-2018, 00:16
Nothing to do, RBR with soft 1.30.0 1.29.8, with hard 1.29.6 1.29.2 ferrari gt3 setup default

Thanks Smoo but for now let's just give up on RBR, no sense you or cpcdem wasting your time. Maybe someone else will eventually try a Default run there. On the plus side Default with the 488 GT3 seems to work well at Brno. 2 of the top 5 times are Default with the new patch.

blinkngone
11-04-2018, 00:25
Ok, I give up on the BMW M6. It just doesn't like me, fine I'll dump it like my ex wife and move on. My setups just disappear and don't come back. I tried the 0 preload and it's still slow and was going to try the willie wonka supercharged magical -100 but my setup disappeared so f it. I don't have any issues with losing the rear with this car, it's just slow for me.

blinkngone
11-04-2018, 00:39
Unfortunately passes the desire, with patch 4.0 I hated this game, I left the team because I had become ridiculous and repetitive and strange behaviors I saw them only me, obvious to them things were good why change? To date I do not still play in the lobby because I do not feel ready, just I'il performed a run from 50 60 laps with a good step and without accusing surprises I will pass to the lobbies

Well Smoo I am not sure what you are saying. I think you are saying that online had gotten out of control with all the different personalities and you pointed this out and were told everything was fine, no problem so you left? Obviously you know what you are doing. So for now you are just going to work on the Patch 5.0 setups because you enjoy the challenges and maybe someday you might return to the lobbies?

blinkngone
11-04-2018, 00:52
Ok, at Monza the top times now with the Huracan are all Patch 5.0. Oscaro Adalexis is back as well today with the AMG GT3.
AMG GT3 normal LSD.

blinkngone
11-04-2018, 02:04
I am very much hoping that, too, because I do not know if it is only my impression, but it seems to me like the number of people running online has greatly reduced after patch 5. Right now there are just 79 people racing (Steam), it was similar at that time yesterday. I really hope I am completely wrong, but this is not looking good at all.

Aren't there times when the servers are normally down for maintenance? The Leaderboard has been very bad as well but it is finally starting to pick up. Maybe I am just getting too old and tired but this patch seems to be worse than the others in regard to the handling problems some people especially are having.

Oh heck, the Patch 5.0 official thread is about half way to the totals(views and posts) for Patch 4.0 in just 5 days and the console players haven't even got theirs yet so look out.

cpcdem
11-04-2018, 03:12
I agree, and I am very sad to see suddenly so few online games, also no info from the team at all, I fear the worst for our beloved PC2. Right after patch 4 was out, there were some times 300-400 people in multiplayer and now...unfortunately no, it does not have to do with the Steam maintenance, the numbers were about the same for quite some time, while the maintenance only lasts a few minutes.