PDA

View Full Version : MP camera view

David Slute
05-04-2018, 17:16
Hi all,

I always race in cockpit view (vr) but when I race online it always defaults to nose cam. Than when I return to single player it also switches to nose cam but defaults back to cockpit once I've switched it.
Is there a way to default it to cockpit?
I tried to quickly look before a race but couldn't find anything......so atm I'm forced to scroll through the views during the race start which is a bit of a rush to get done....much rather be setup prior to the race :)

ELAhrairah
05-04-2018, 17:33
Hi all,

I always race in cockpit view (vr) but when I race online it always defaults to nose cam. Than when I return to single player it also switches to nose cam but defaults back to cockpit once I've switched it.
Is there a way to default it to cockpit?
I tried to quickly look before a race but couldn't find anything......so atm I'm forced to scroll through the views during the race start which is a bit of a rush to get done....much rather be setup prior to the race :)

I think i fixed this for myself by starting the game, start a lap of a race or practice in cockpit cam, pause and exit game completley. Start game again and the default view was cockpit cam once again.

MaXyM
05-04-2018, 17:41
This is not permanent solution. While I use cockpit cam always and exiting the game completely after practicing, it happens often (I would say mostly), that MP starts in bonnet cam.
It's true that switching cam is not big deal but considering how trivial the issue is, it affecting overall feeling about the game quality.

David Slute
05-04-2018, 19:35
This is not permanent solution. While I use cockpit cam always and exiting the game completely after practicing, it happens often (I would say mostly), that MP starts in bonnet cam.
It's true that switching cam is not big deal but considering how trivial the issue is, it affecting overall feeling about the game quality.

Ya its not a big deal to change when online as you usually have a practice session and quali to adjust it.

I do alot of Rally X racing online and due to its current format of not having practice/quali or heats and not able to change it in the menus before the session starts.
Your forced to change it while on the grid during the 3 secs count down before the lights drop the green flag.

MaXyM
05-04-2018, 19:39
It seems to be an issue directly after connecting maybe (or so).
I'm attending to normal racing events only. It happens to me only just after connecting (ie in practice). When sessions changes to qual and race, the camera remains unchanged - actually I'm using cockpit cam with helmet.

cpcdem
05-04-2018, 22:23
It happens very often in time trial, too. I start TT, cam A is used, I switch to cam B, do my lap, exit TT, load TT with another combo, cam A is used again, I again switch to cam B and so on. But it does not happen every day, something seems to trigger it. Interesting thing what ELAhrairah said, about pausing session, exiting game and reentering, I will experiment with this.