PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Patch 5?

ToniLuzar58
05-04-2018, 17:30
I saw a new patch 1.5 of Project Cars 2 for PC. When will be this patch available on PS4?

TheBaldReverend
05-04-2018, 17:38
Never, SMS said they're not releasing it on PS4 because they're sick of people asking when it's being released.

Konan
05-04-2018, 17:45
As soon as it gets approved by third parties...

FreefallRLC
06-04-2018, 10:27
what´s new in it? Is there a changelog?

Konan
06-04-2018, 10:29
what´s new in it? Is there a changelog?

Not yet for consoles...
For pc : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog&p=1496957&viewfull=1#post1496957

wyldanimal
06-04-2018, 16:54
SMS is getting Smarter as they Go...
If you Keep the ChangeLog Short, then Certification is much Quicker, since Only the items in the change log, have to be tested and certified.

Smart, Very Smart !

Andy Garton
06-04-2018, 17:05
If you Keep the ChangeLog Short, then Certification is much Quicker, since Only the items in the change log, have to be tested and certified.
That's not the reason, sorry if it was misunderstood. The build itself gets tested as normal, regardless of the change log size. The change log itself gets "tested" as well though, and we had so much stuff in there, bugs (non-compliance with language/terminology standards basically) were found, slowing the whole process down.

Konan
06-04-2018, 18:32
That's not the reason, sorry if it was misunderstood. The build itself gets tested as normal, regardless of the change log size. The change log itself gets "tested" as well though, and we had so much stuff in there, bugs (non-compliance with language/terminology standards basically) were found, slowing the whole process down.

Ah...misunderstood that myself...:eek:

simsimsheree
06-04-2018, 19:54
From the official PC release notes.

These notes are noticably smaller than previous update notes. We had to refrain from listing every single fix as they were causing massive delays with certification. So keeping the notes smaller allowed us to push the update out for you all much quicker.

Who honestly cares if the release is delayed if, when it does come, it comes with a comprehensive changelog? Did the PC community complain before at the pace of release? I don't think I saw that.I'm pretty sure, just like we console players, they would be forgiving of the delay if the result was a comprehensive and checkable changelog. And, TBH, few of us even know when a patch is coming, let alone the exact day of release. So how would we know it's late?

The time spent waiting for the release when it was done the way all previous releases were is now being spent playing the new game of 'Guess what we changed and get back to us if you find it!'

How is that an improvement?

Konan
06-04-2018, 20:20
From the official PC release notes.

Who honestly cares if the release is delayed if, when it does come, it comes with a comprehensive changelog? Did the PC community complain before at the pace of release? I don't think I saw that.I'm pretty sure, just like we console players, they would be forgiving of the delay if the result was a comprehensive and checkable changelog. And, TBH, few of us even know when a patch is coming, let alone the exact day of release. So how would we know it's late?

The time spent waiting for the release when it was done the way all previous releases were is now being spent playing the new game of 'Guess what we changed and get back to us if you find it!'

How is that an improvement?

I guess you haven't come across any "when/where's the patch" threads?
Another example of "some people are hard to please"
This patch has been released waaaay ahead of schedule...still not good enough for some apparently....shame....real shame.

simsimsheree
06-04-2018, 20:27
When and where threads, if unanswered, and unpromised, hardly matter, do they?

As I said, way ahead of schedule (that no-one knows for sure what the schedule is) is hardly as important as comprehensive patch notes? Really?

As I said, I don't care when the patch comes. I'm not one of the whiners for 'sooner, sooner, sooner', and to be honest, SMS caving to their pressure hasn't helped things one little bit, IMO.

Konan
06-04-2018, 20:31
When and where threads, if unanswered, and unpromised, hardly matter, do they?

As I said, way ahead of schedule (that no-one knows for sure what the schedule is) is hardly as important as comprehensive patch notes? Really?

As I said, I don't care when the patch comes. I'm not one of the whiners for 'sooner, sooner, sooner', and to be honest, SMS caving to their pressure hasn't helped things one little bit, IMO.

You call it caving...i call it caring.
One letter of difference yet a whole other meaning...or mindset really.

Cladandadum
06-04-2018, 20:36
Not everyone is going to be happy. Release the patch 'too soon', release the patch 'too late'. God forbid that anyone can get anything right these days.

If only the developers (in this case) had such high standards as some of the whiners in this forum. Clearly, the game would be so much better for it.

Konan
06-04-2018, 20:43
If only the developers (in this case) had such high standards as some of the whiners

Really?

Andy Garton
06-04-2018, 20:45
Another one I should probably stay out of, but:

1. Plenty of people care about patches being released as soon as possible, and yes, it's been tough to read the torrent of public complaints ("I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS GAME AND WANT THE PATCH NOW!!!") in this regard. If we've "caved" as a result, so be it.

2. We (SMS) care when several expensive weeks are lost due to silly (in my opinion) change log "bugs". I remain convinced we made the right call here. Of course, in an ideal world, we'd provide a comprehensive log and it wouldn't raise any issues, but unfortunately that's not how things work at the moment.

3. With my player's hat on, while I'd prefer to see a detailed change log, it's not the be all and end all - if I play a game and see it's been improved by a patch, I'm happy.

Cladandadum
06-04-2018, 20:45
Really?

Sarcasm

davidt33
06-04-2018, 22:12
Might sound like a stupid question but how do they (Sony etc) test the patches? I'm really curious since I don't have a clue. Is it that the testers have the game and a rig or wheel whereby they launch the game, take it through some practice laps etc to test and see if everything is working fine or not?

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-04-2018, 22:57
...I'm not one of the whiners...

Sampo
06-04-2018, 23:12
Andy, can you release a more thorough patch log after all the platforms have had the patch?

Edit: I mean are you able to do that, considering Sony and MS and their demands for the patch process?

senna94f1
07-04-2018, 00:13

1. Plenty of people care about patches being released as soon as possible, and yes, it's been tough to read the torrent of public complaints ("I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS GAME AND WANT THE PATCH NOW!!!") in this regard. If we've "caved" as a result, so be it. To

2. We (SMS) care when several expensive weeks are lost due to silly (in my opinion) change log "bugs". I remain convinced we made the right call here. Of course, in an ideal world, we'd provide a comprehensive log and it wouldn't raise any issues, but unfortunately that's not how things work at the moment.

3. With my player's hat on, while I'd prefer to see a detailed change log, it's not the be all and end all - if I play a game and see it's been improved by a patch, I'm happy.

I agree with Andy, if it improves the game I am happy,

I just want stuff fixed and I am not bothered about how you do it as long as it's done and we can move forward,

Yes I suppose it makes good reading and only reason why gamers want to see in update logs is to see if you've actually fixed the said issues , ,

As I say I hope you've fixed wrong race results at end of race because I Finnished 00.009 ahead in first place and showed on my screen I'd won race ,yet the guy in 2nd place it showed he won and it gave him the win in online championship,

Yes i screen shotted it from my screen plus I knew I'd won ,and I'd also live broadcast the league race which showed I'd won race, that one wrong result could affect how the online league championship finish, so to be decided by a bug is not fair lol

foxymop
07-04-2018, 09:58

1. Plenty of people care about patches being released as soon as possible, and yes, it's been tough to read the torrent of public complaints ("I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS GAME AND WANT THE PATCH NOW!!!") in this regard. If we've "caved" as a result, so be it.

When you have major bugs after months of release, it's normal the people who gave 60/80 bucks for a product, wanting to have the game patched.
But above all, it should be well patched. That's more important them to shut people mouth.

The log thing is a peace of mind tool. People don't like to feel disappointed. They don't want to go search for that bug and realise..... it still not fixed. They want to read in the same minute the patch is out if the bug was fixed or not. Cause we all know how it is.... there are bugs that are never fixed.

So it's legit.

Not only bugs but also features that are lacking in this moment.

Ian Bell
07-04-2018, 11:05
When you have major bugs after months of release, it's normal the people who gave 60/80 bucks for a product, wanting to have the game patched.
But above all, it should be well patched. That's more important them to shut people mouth.

The log thing is a peace of mind tool. People don't like to feel disappointed. They don't want to go search for that bug and realise..... it still not fixed. They want to read in the same minute the patch is out if the bug was fixed or not. Cause we all know how it is.... there are bugs that are never fixed.

So it's legit.

Not only bugs but also features that are lacking in this moment.

We have more features than any sim ever released.