PDA

View Full Version : Was excited to hear about the 488 Challenge cars, but not excited about the results

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 03:29
So, thanks I guess, for the 488 Challenge cars. Problem is, apparently no testing was done on them as far as the AI goes.
Every race I've tried, I get slammed in the rear by the AI. They launch like F1 cars while I'm in a Pinto, even though I'm in the same class and same car. It's impossible to drive these cars without getting slammed on the start. No matter how much I lower the AI setting.

How do things like this get released?
I thought the process was:
Decide what will be added to sim.
Develop
Test
Release final working version.

How is it you guys don't do this?

Just develop, release it, let the customer test it.
Crazy stuff.

Azure Flare
06-04-2018, 03:40
Seems to me like you're just getting a slow start. Are you using standing or rolling starts?

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 03:52
Seems to me like you're just getting a slow start. Are you using standing or rolling starts?

Why would it seem that way to you I wonder?
I play this sim everyday just about and have no problem with any of the other cars.
This car just released, so I was eager to drive it. But it's a wreckfest.

amazed
06-04-2018, 05:28
So, the patch is out for PS4?

balderz002
06-04-2018, 05:44
Do you know how much like a spoilt kid you sound? Throwing out childish accusations. All the usual defence. "I play it every day" "i know what I'm talking about".

Do people not have manners any more? You could be written that OP in a much less confrontational manner which would likely get you much more constructive answers.

Think about that for next time kiddo.

seb02
06-04-2018, 05:57
I also have problems with standing stard with certain classes of cars. With the V8 supercar, I have no problem. With the touring car (Class TC), the AI ​​easily exceeds me: I lose between 5 and 8 places. I think an improvement on that, would be welcome. I don't try the 488 Challenge Ferrari, im waiting for the patch.

Konan
06-04-2018, 06:05
So, the patch is out for PS4?

Not in Belgium it isn't...

Bealdor
06-04-2018, 06:22
This guy doesn't seem to have your issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqpTNW5Fxk

23:30 (https://youtu.be/hwqpTNW5Fxk?t=23m30s)
1:19:11 (https://youtu.be/hwqpTNW5Fxk?t=1h19m11s)

I raced the 488 Challenge for two hours straight yesterday and didn't experience AI issues either.

amazed
06-04-2018, 08:18
Not in Belgium it isn't...

Only mentioned it because OP has his platform listed as PS4, got all excited!......

Sankyo
06-04-2018, 08:46
So, thanks I guess, for the 488 Challenge cars. Problem is, apparently no testing was done on them as far as the AI goes.
Every race I've tried, I get slammed in the rear by the AI. They launch like F1 cars while I'm in a Pinto, even though I'm in the same class and same car. It's impossible to drive these cars without getting slammed on the start. No matter how much I lower the AI setting.

Which track(s) did you use?

amazed
06-04-2018, 09:11
Oops!

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 12:55
Do you know how much like a spoilt kid you sound? Throwing out childish accusations. All the usual defence. "I play it every day" "i know what I'm talking about".

Do people not have manners any more? You could be written that OP in a much less confrontational manner which would likely get you much more constructive answers.

Think about that for next time kiddo.

No, no I don't. It's my opinion. Which I'm free to give. You're the one that sounds too fired up, kiddo.

I would have presented my argument at work the same way, which I do. It's constructive. Sorry you can't handle it.

These cars are maniacal and not realistic. SMS can do whatever they want with them at this point. But if they suck, not many people will drive them.

But as I've I said before, defenders will defend, no matter what. Too bad. That's not how stuff gets fixed.

Konan
06-04-2018, 13:20
apparently no testing was done on them as far as the AI goes.

...sounds more like an accusation than an opinion to me....just my opinion.

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 13:40
...sounds more like an accusation than an opinion to me....just my opinion.

Oh my. But will this be fixed? Or will we continue to discuss something else?

Sentry87
06-04-2018, 13:43
No, no I don't. It's my opinion. Which I'm free to give. You're the one that sounds too fired up, kiddo.

I would have presented my argument at work the same way, which I do. It's constructive. Sorry you can't handle it.

These cars are maniacal and not realistic. SMS can do whatever they want with them at this point. But if they suck, not many people will drive them.

But as I've I said before, defenders will defend, no matter what. Too bad. That's not how stuff gets fixed.

If this is what it's like to work with you I'd be afraid of someone spitting in my coffee.

And this isn't constructive, how about telling us what tracks and a.i. aggression you're using. Kind of hard to fix something when you don't get all the information to replicate it right?

Sankyo
06-04-2018, 13:44

Maybe you could answer my question above, so perhaps other members can confirm and if yes then maybe Doug could have a look at the AI on those tracks.

Nathan Bell
06-04-2018, 13:56
Problem is, apparently no testing was done on them as far as the AI goes.

Develop
Test

Crazy stuff.

You seem to know so much about our processes, but I can't remember when you joined SMS, can you enlighten me?

On a serious note, this car was actually tested extensively. If you're having an issue, post a video or something and someone will look at it. What you shouldn't do, is post libellous statements that serve no constructive purpose.

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 14:22
You seem to know so much about our processes, but I can't remember when you joined SMS, can you enlighten me?

On a serious note, this car was actually tested extensively. If you're having an issue, post a video or something and someone will look at it. What you shouldn't do, is post libellous statements that serve no constructive purpose.

I'll take that as a no.

Konan
06-04-2018, 14:27
I'll take that as a no.

Why do you keep acting difficult?
Is it that hard to just say which tracks you encountered this issue on?

Nathan Bell
06-04-2018, 14:31
I'll take that as a no.

You'll take what as a no? You never asked a direct question.

Zaskarspants
06-04-2018, 14:44
I am confused. The op is on ps4 yet has the patch?

Azure Flare
06-04-2018, 15:50
I am confused. The op is on ps4 yet has the patch?

It isn't. So OP must be playing it on PC.

Bealdor
06-04-2018, 15:52

You still haven't answered any question and apparently you also missed my post with video evidence that it's actually not impossible to race this car without getting rear ended by the AI.

banner77amc
06-04-2018, 15:57
I really wish everyone that had an opinion about things going so wrong that they are seriously doubting going on anymore would find ways to post a picture or video of the issue.

Criticism is great if it applied with facts and an opportunity for the other party to respond.

simsimsheree
06-04-2018, 16:04
It might help if the OP posted at least what AI strength and aggression he has the game set to. And the correct platform in his sig.

It's possible the AI strength is set high enough the AI are tuning, and putting softs on while he's still on hards...

riverreveal
06-04-2018, 16:22
No issues with this car for me on any AI settings, track or weather combination so far. I could post numerous videos showing that. Personally unless an OP can provide detailed information or a video clip I would like to see these kind of threads locked. They are usually just a passive aggressive attack on SMS and says far more about the OP than it does the actual sim.

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 16:25
You still haven't answered any question and apparently you also missed my post with video evidence that it's actually not impossible to race this car without getting rear ended by the AI.

It's not my game to fix. Will you answer my question that I am told I never asked? Will it be fixed?
I know. I get it. Never admit that anything is wrong. Hang the OP out to dry. Disqualify him as usual. I've posted about this at length before and you prove my point.

So, close the thread, quietly discuss this amongst yourselves and then fix it in a later patch. When you release the notes for said patch be extremely vague about what's in the patch as usual, you know like this one. One day, I'll try the car again and it will magically drive properly.
But hey. Why state that here? It's much more fun to pretend all is well and make the OP out to be the bad guy. Meanwhile you'll have done everything I asked pretending you didn't.

Nathan Bell
06-04-2018, 16:30
It's not my game to fix. Will you answer my question that I am told I never asked? Will it be fixed?
I know. I get it. Never admit that anything is wrong. Hang the OP out to dry. Disqualify him as usual. I've posted about this at length before and you prove my point.

So, close the thread, quietly discuss this amongst yourselves and then fix it in a later patch. When you release the notes for said patch be extremely vague about what's in the patch as usual, you know like this one. One day, I'll try the car again and it will magically drive properly.
But hey. Why state that here? It's much more fun to pretend all is well and make the OP out to be the bad guy. Meanwhile you'll have done everything I asked pretending you didn't.

We can't fix something that doesn't seem to be a problem on our end or for the majority of our users. You seem to be struggling to understand that. You've had hours to actually try and explain your situation and we'll look into it, but refuse to.

rich1e I
06-04-2018, 16:33

You're overreacting now. Can you show me the line where someone said everything's fine? If you gave some more info about the circumstances and settings maybe one of the devs could look into it.

Edit: You can call me a defender now, I don't care. I love defenders.

John Hargreaves
06-04-2018, 16:34
I've done a few 488 races at various tracks this afternoon, and had no problem with the AI they've been fine. I tried a few race starts at 90% ability/80% aggression, player first at Sugo, which is a fairly short run to turn one without any rear ending.
OP may well have discovered a case where they need looking at, if so that's good for all of us, post a video here and the team would look at it.
On the other hand, a lot of people try very hard to be offended/affronted and disappointed at any opportunity and they are hard on the lookout for things to moan about. It seems to be a 21st century hobby. There was even a guy posting comments on YouTube earlier today saying he wanted a refund he was so disappointed in the 488. A refund.

Anyway I think the 488 sounds great, is enough of a challenge and gives really enjoyable racing from what I've played today. And it was free so thanks for that, I appreciate the gesture.

riverreveal
06-04-2018, 16:39
OP may well have discovered a case where they need looking at, if so that's good for all of us, post a video here and the team would look at it.

Exactly this. There are so many constructive threads with detailed information that means SMS can take a look and sort out the issue in question, hence the fantastic post release patches thus far. Then there are threads like this....

davidt33
06-04-2018, 16:39
Perhaps the AI just doesn't like him or he has a magnet on his back bumper.

amazed
06-04-2018, 16:43
Perhaps hrs playing it using a PS4 controller?

r3c14im3r
06-04-2018, 17:42
I've tried standing starts at Catalunya GP 12 times now with this car on the default set up vs 29 identical class AI. I started mid pack each time at 100/75 difficulty on 6 of those tests and 70/50 on the other 6.

If I done a bad/mediocre start on both difficulties (bad timing, excessive wheelspin) the AI do appear to be really quick off the line in comparison to the player and on occasion (5 of 12 starts) 1 or 2 of the AI would make contact or bump the rear of my car while they where negotiating their way past me.

When i got a good start on both difficulties i still found the AI quite quick off the line, nothing out the ordinary for 100+difficulty in my opinion and only once on a good start did an AI come in to contact with the side of my car. I think the AI are surprisingly quick off the line at 70/50 difficulty, no contact by the AI was made with a good start at this difficulty though. (I'm not trying to insinuate that the problem is OP is not getting a good start or anything of the sort, i'm just reporting my findings/results/opinions... whatever you want to call it).

I race online almost exclusively so i can't really say i have much experience with the AI all in but the racing itself seemed quite clean especially after the field settled in to position. I had no difficulty keeping pace or gaining some positions, surprisingly even with a default set up I had a nice race at Catalunya GP with the AI after i concluded this test. Very fun car to drive and cheers everyone at SMS for the freebies :)

Cladandadum
06-04-2018, 18:12
It isn't. So OP must be playing it on PC.

Maybe he thinks he's playing on PS4?

Stewy32
06-04-2018, 18:54
I think we should try and settle this fairly.Pleaae can the OP provide video evidence for his/her case,which I am sure SMS will happily review and compare to other players as well as the AI,then if necessary make some adjustments.

Konan
06-04-2018, 18:59
I think we should try and settle this fairly.Pleaae can the OP provide video evidence for his/her case,which I am sure SMS will happily review and compare to other players as well as the AI,then if necessary make some adjustments.

Good point....
Only it's been asked to the OP numerous times already...

Leper Messiah
06-04-2018, 19:34
Good point....

They're probably too busy spamming forums with the usual "can't criticise SMS/Pcars games" tripe.

Foofer37
06-04-2018, 19:52
Good point....

SMS has testers. Let them test.

UkHardcore23
06-04-2018, 19:52

Develop
Test

Crazy stuff.

Regarding starts and AI ramming the back of you i constantly had this issue...Stable and Loose setups seem to be set up to have pretty poor starts, Recently i've been getting tunes off of Blink from the Tuning thread and my starts are finally very good with AI not getting close to my bumper.

Konan
06-04-2018, 19:58
SMS has testers. Let them test.

Well that says it all really...you start a thread and when people are trying to help you or ask for more info you just start acting like a........fill in the blanks yourself.
Thread closed...