PDA

View Full Version : Safety car ?

maxx69
09-04-2018, 07:52
We recently ran a formula Renault 3.5 one off Race and one of our guys couldn't race because of a medical condition. He suggested he could be safety car .
We ran a multi class lobby including the road C cars so he could have the MB AMG .
Our main issue was he couldn't monitor the race or stay in the pits until he was needed .
The only way we could do it was for him to park up somewhere and sit and wait until needed (80min Race ) which wasn't only very boring but he couldn't monitor .
Surely it wouldn't be to difficult to allow one car to act as safety car ? To be allowed to return to pits , monitor the race and exit the pits when needed .
I understand this is a feature mainly aimed at league racing and probably won't get added at this late stage . Maybe for p cars 3 ?
Would be cool if we could still race a full lobby and have a nominated safety car , much the same as Director mode .

MartinMWWebb
09-04-2018, 08:55
Surely your race director should just be telling the lead car to become virtual safety car not exceeding X speed?

What use is a SC in virtual racing anyhow? most people if they are damaged too much should just be retiring to pit or limping back on the grass/off circuit

donkey racer
09-04-2018, 10:08
:stupid:

maxx69
09-04-2018, 10:22
Surely your race director should just be telling the lead car to become virtual safety car not exceeding X speed?

What use is a SC in virtual racing anyhow? most people if they are damaged too much should just be retiring to pit or limping back on the grass/off circuit

Yes that's what we normally do , the lead car becomes the safety car .
It adds some realism to have a real safety car and would be nice to have a real race director.
I don't think it's much to want to ask for the option to have a real safety car . This is a simulation Race game after all .
If we had the option you could always choose not use it and the ones who want to can .
I'm not talking about public lobbies (as stated in OP) I'm talking about league racing .

MartinMWWebb
09-04-2018, 10:26
Safety car has been discussed several times now, it wont be coming to the game.

maxx69
09-04-2018, 10:31
Safety car has been discussed several times now, it wont be coming to the game.

Like I said above in my original post "probably won't get added at this late stage"
I haven't seen any other posts hence I started this one .
It's something I and probably others would like to have the option in maybe pcars 3.

cluck
09-04-2018, 10:41
We recently ran a formula Renault 3.5 one off Race and one of our guys couldn't race because of a medical condition. He suggested he could be safety car .
We ran a multi class lobby including the road C cars so he could have the MB AMG .
Our main issue was he couldn't monitor the race or stay in the pits until he was needed .
The only way we could do it was for him to park up somewhere and sit and wait until needed (80min Race ) which wasn't only very boring but he couldn't monitor .
Surely it wouldn't be to difficult to allow one car to act as safety car ? To be allowed to return to pits , monitor the race and exit the pits when needed .
I understand this is a feature mainly aimed at league racing and probably won't get added at this late stage . Maybe for p cars 3 ?
Would be cool if we could still race a full lobby and have a nominated safety car , much the same as Director mode .It would have to be a pCARS3 feature as I don't think there's any chance of something like that being added now.

Adding the car, in the same way as the Broadcaster and Director would be a simple way of selecting that person but the whole structure of a race would have to be adjusted to allow a car (but only the safety car) to re-emerge from the pits, which as you point out, isn't currently possible after 'Retiring to Pits'.

I'll be honest, though, it's not a feature I would use myself and I don't think our league would either. That's just us though, we're not everybody, so if it can be added reasonably easily in a future game then it would be a useful addition for those that want to make use of it, yep :).