PDA

View Full Version : New FFB Wheel user question.

rmb24
10-04-2018, 16:13
So I got a new wheel, purchased the Thrustmaster TMX ( due to budget) very happy with it as it is a huge improvement over the TM 458 Spider I was using. Itís going to take a little bit to get use to but man. You can really tell whatís going on with the car a ton better.

Now the question I have , do wheels with force feedback suppose to recenter when you let go while driving?

Or will I need to manually renter to the wheel to go straight again ? I was thinking maybe itís just the way they designed it or possibly ffb settings that I need to learn

g.stew
11-04-2018, 00:26
So I got a new wheel, purchased the Thrustmaster TMX ( due to budget) very happy with it as it is a huge improvement over the TM 458 Spider I was using. It’s going to take a little bit to get use to but man. You can really tell what’s going on with the car a ton better.

Now the question I have , do wheels with force feedback suppose to recenter when you let go while driving?

Or will I need to manually renter to the wheel to go straight again ? I was thinking maybe it’s just the way they designed it or possibly ffb settings that I need to learn

It should auto-center itself. Have you updated the wheels firmware using a PC? If not, you might want to try this. It should also install a control panel where you can see some basic settings. You can verify that the wheel is centered correctly to start with here.

If you go to the thrustmaster support site for that wheel, you should find the driver package that includes drivers and firmware. Follow the instructions for the update procedure since it will have you install the drivers before connecting the wheel to the computer.

There is also a document on there for checking and resetting the wheels centering value if it isn't aligning right. Is the wheel auto calibrating itself when you first connect it? It should spin all the way to the left and right, and then align back at center.

rmb24
11-04-2018, 15:37
I had connected to pc. Wanted to try it with raceroom and euro truck. I updated it cause euro truck at first didn’t. Recognize it .

The wheel does recenter.. I just didn’t noticed it was doing it since I got cause up in the moment of experienceing the feebback I was getting haha