PDA

View Full Version : Career Mode Questions

LittleWatt
10-04-2018, 16:25
I prefer to have a plan before gong in mostly blind so here are a few questions for you folks.

I'm going with the Zero to Hero for the moment. I like the idea of progressing through the ranks. Kinda reminds me of old EA NASCAR games, even if they were bad. Hey, fun is fun.

My preference is to stick with GT cars as I've enjoyed them most over the years. But I'm also quite partial to endurance races, especially if they are representative to real time. In my GT5 days, I would race 24 hour options and 4 hour races almost exclusively after first reaching them. Different car styles and power numbers. Sometimes I went for maximum speed other times under powered to challenge myself. So one question would be the endurance races: are they real time represented? Four hours being four hours and so on. Another question would be about the path. I'm in Ginetta Juniors now. Then I'm guessing onto Ginetta GT5. What path represents the GT cars best? What path represents endurance racing best? What path has the greatest number of different tracks, not just different track layouts? I know it's a lot but I promise not to trouble anyone with anything more complex than this series of questions.

CassielLight
10-04-2018, 17:28
No trouble at all, that's what forums are for. :)

In general, the more senior the series, the longer the race, the more varied the tracks, and the longer the schedule. So, if variety and length are a concern, take heart: as you move up, the variety and length will come.

And yes, 24-hour races really can be 24-hour races, or scaled as you see fit, your choice. You know that screen after you leave the Career menu, but before it loads up the event? That slider below the one for qualifying, is where you either set the number of laps, or scale the time, depending on the series.

I'm the wrong guy to ask about GT: I prefer open wheel and prototypes, and I may even try rallycross before I go with the production cars. (If for no other reason than figuring out that convoluted RX format). But that should get you started.

LittleWatt
10-04-2018, 18:08
Great, thanks for the help. Is there a save mid-race option for the endurance? I remember leaving my PS2 on for a week while I did 24h races in GT4.

Schnizz58
10-04-2018, 18:15
Great, thanks for the help. Is there a save mid-race option for the endurance? I remember leaving my PS2 on for a week while I did 24 races in GT4.

It's going to be the same situation here. There is too much data to be able to save mid-race unfortunately.

CassielLight
10-04-2018, 20:26
You can pause it and put the PS4 in Rest Mode, if you must.

Be careful with that, though, if your electric is spotty.

LittleWatt
10-04-2018, 21:13
I’ll just have to cap at 6 hours.

Stewy32
11-04-2018, 08:46
If you like Endurance I would advise G40 Junior-GT5-GT4-LMP3-GT3-Endurance

Stewy32
11-04-2018, 08:47
Or G40 Junior-GT5-GT4-LMP3-Tier 2 Endurance-Tier 1 Endurance

LittleWatt
11-04-2018, 11:29
Thanks for the direction and options.