PDA

View Full Version : Hud tyres indicator

Towers
11-04-2018, 08:43
Hello everyone,
in the tyres press/temp indicator in the hud (see image below), what do the black vertical lines represent? Sometimes I find them symmetric between left and right tyres, sometimes centered on all tyres, sometimes asymmetric betwen left and right tyres, sometimes there are more and sometimes there are less... I can't find an answer to this... Thank you all!

Towers
14-04-2018, 08:46
Come on guys, nobody asked himself this question?

cpcdem
14-04-2018, 11:31
Yeah, I had wondered about this myself, too. Maybe slicks show no lines, road cars show some, rain tires show several etc?

Racing4Life
14-04-2018, 19:36
This are just markers for the inner, middle and outer tire temps. Simply a fast visual representation to check with one look, instead of switching to the telemetry screen, if your tire temps are within a decent range.

Towers
19-04-2018, 07:51
Thanks for your answers, maybe the following picture I took from my session will clear what I mean. As you can see the left tires have completely misalligned lines compared to those at the right tires. The strange thing is, I have that situation for all the cars I've tried (no matter which one), so for all the tires... So IF those lines mean something or want to tell something to the driver, I think there is a bug somewhere, OR it is only a graphic issue (only in my game?)... I'm curious about yours!
Thanks again.

EDIT: I just noticed in the previous image (took randomly from the net) the pressure is in psi and in mine is in bar... could it be the key (of the bug)? Got to figure it out...

Motor City Hamilton
19-04-2018, 18:12
Could they be wear indicators? Was that graphic from a track with many more right turns than left?

AbeWoz
19-04-2018, 18:24
Thanks for your answers, maybe the following picture I took from my session will clear what I mean. As you can see the left tires have completely misalligned lines compared to those at the right tires. The strange thing is, I have that situation for all the cars I've tried (no matter which one), so for all the tires... So IF those lines mean something or want to tell something to the driver, I think there is a bug somewhere, OR it is only a graphic issue (only in my game?)... I'm curious about yours!
Thanks again.

EDIT: I just noticed in the previous image (took randomly from the net) the pressure is in psi and in mine is in bar... could it be the key (of the bug)? Got to figure it out...

i've never even paid attention TBH. Are you using the same tires on both sides of the car?
also, if you have 'imperial' units selected, you get PSI. 'metric' you get BAR

Towers
19-04-2018, 20:27
i've never even paid attention TBH. Are you using the same tires on both sides of the car?
also, if you have 'imperial' units selected, you get PSI. 'metric' you get BAR

Yes same tires both sides, also it is the same for imperial or metric.

Towers
19-04-2018, 20:29
Could they be wear indicators? Was that graphic from a track with many more right turns than left?

Every track every car same situation.

blinkngone
19-04-2018, 20:45
In the other HUD the same bars are there, the wear is indicated by the height of the color area. Authentic wear. As far as I've noticed in this HUD I have 3 bars in the middle and 1 bar toward the outside edge of the tire.

Towers
20-04-2018, 13:50
In the other HUD the same bars are there, the wear is indicated by the height of the color area. Authentic wear. As far as I've noticed in this HUD I have 3 bars in the middle and 1 bar toward the outside edge of the tire.

Yes that telemetry hud shows tires in a different way. What if you switch to the minimal (normal) hud? Searching on YT i found:

- This guy has the same symmetrically placed lines on all tires youtube.com/watch?v=EAcOPrtXYGA

- This here seems to have the left line more pronounced on all tires youtube.com/watch?v=T-rfIDDzQgU

- This here instead seems to have the right line more pronounced on all tires youtube.com/watch?v=UxVBDErIJ2Q

- This also has a strange placement "to the right" on all tires (it is on PS4) youtube.com/watch?v=ya9c6qD-nxY

Other than those are all like the first guy, all equals on all tires, can't find someone like mine.

AbeWoz
20-04-2018, 14:14
Yes same tires both sides, also it is the same for imperial or metric.

before patch 4, it was PSI no matter what. Patch 4 made it change depending on what unit you have selected in the menus. Patch 5 added the decimal places so the on-screen app was more accurate.

Towers
20-04-2018, 14:24
before patch 4, it was PSI no matter what. Patch 4 made it change depending on what unit you have selected in the menus. Patch 5 added the decimal places so the on-screen app was more accurate.

Sure, but this doesn't explain the different graphical representation of the tire app

blinkngone
20-04-2018, 23:14
Sure, but this doesn't explain the different graphical representation of the tire app
Hi, yeah mine looks just like yours when I blow it way the heck up. It's like a an old low resolution video game that you try and play on your 4K TV and stretch up to fill the screen... Not wear bars just artifacts of magnifying a low resolution image. If I magnify my worn right side tire I can get up to 7 bars from hues to magenta to orange as well. I just don't have the blue hue you have though. The Tire wear indication is the same.