PDA

View Full Version : 911 RSR 2.8 post 5.0 patch

Chock767
11-04-2018, 14:52
Hi all,

I was hooked with an old RSR in the pre 5.0 patch as it was a hugely fun car to drive ie. easy to slide and catch, flexible on corner entry by using rear end mass etc.
However, it had a tendency to overcooked the tires especially the rear one despite my best effort to drive smoothly (keyboard player here) I would usually have a tire temp of 110-120 degree c or something in Nordschleife or 130+c if I spin couple time.
In fact, it was for the best to drive in wet as the tires cool down much quicker and tire temp will casually stay around 70-80c. (Always drive with the default setting of stable and loose. Both work great and will melt the tires)
Then come the patch 5.0 and suddenly my RSR is a gripping monster. Much harder to make the rear slide on corner entry without a Scandinavian flick. Even a fast-in slow-out would not upset her.
I would say it had greater stability and room for error than its successor in GT3 class when push to the edge if you know her tempo. (Granted for a default stable/loose setup). Great for a circuit but not exactly nice for a road track ie California and Azure.

Is this a bug or this is how it supposed to be?

Cheers

David Wright
12-04-2018, 10:59
It is a couple of months since I've driven the 2.8 RSR so I can't give a proper before and after patch comparison. However the 2.8 RSR does seem to have far too much grip. At Silverstone classic I can beat the RL times of the later 3.0 RSR (which had more power and grip than our 2.8) by a second and I'm really no alien. I'm several seconds adrift of the RL time in the 935 for example (though I need to try 100% boost and sift slicks).

On a slightly different topic I was surprised that only 5 people had done a time trial in the RSR at Silverstone classic and even I as a slow driver got second place on the leader boards. If you fancy getting top spot on the leaderboards I recommend trying this car or the 935 at Silverstone Classic.

EDIT I tried soft slicks and 100% boost and matched or beat the 935 RL times so actually it looks like the 935 also has too much grip.

Azure Flare
13-04-2018, 12:23
It is a couple of months since I've driven the 2.8 RSR

It's been out for 5 weeks.

RobPhoboS
13-04-2018, 13:12
I'll try it tonight on the xbox, as that was one of my favourite cars that wasn't mental fast but really lovely to drive.

Sankyo
13-04-2018, 13:18
Hi all,

I was hooked with an old RSR in the pre 5.0 patch as it was a hugely fun car to drive ie. easy to slide and catch, flexible on corner entry by using rear end mass etc.
However, it had a tendency to overcooked the tires especially the rear one despite my best effort to drive smoothly (keyboard player here) I would usually have a tire temp of 110-120 degree c or something in Nordschleife or 130+c if I spin couple time.
In fact, it was for the best to drive in wet as the tires cool down much quicker and tire temp will casually stay around 70-80c. (Always drive with the default setting of stable and loose. Both work great and will melt the tires)
Then come the patch 5.0 and suddenly my RSR is a gripping monster. Much harder to make the rear slide on corner entry without a Scandinavian flick. Even a fast-in slow-out would not upset her.
I would say it had greater stability and room for error than its successor in GT3 class when push to the edge if you know her tempo. (Granted for a default stable/loose setup). Great for a circuit but not exactly nice for a road track ie California and Azure.

Is this a bug or this is how it supposed to be?

Cheers
Try to modify the differential settings and see if that helps to get the rear loose again.

ShneebnaMRR108
13-04-2018, 14:00
I compared the driving of the previous 1.4 set up for the RSR vs. the after 1.5 patch results. I ended up having to drop the Rear ARB to 20, lowered the Rear Toe to +0.3, and adjusted the DIFF to PL-20/CL-4/PR-75/CR-25.
After that it was back to the good drive again.

Re-visited again and adjusted the Rear ARB up to 25, and lowered the Pre-Load to 0. Better. TP were 1.42 front and 1.40 rear for soft's.