PDA

View Full Version : like the new update, but...

roseberrya
12-04-2018, 05:07
you didn't fix the graphics, and fps issues. the game still looks bad, by bad i mean the worst looking game i've played in a over a decade, and because of the fps issues is unplayable at higher speeds forcing you to either predict a turn or change your style and strategy.

but...thanks for the new car and additions to the porsche track. the porsche 911 rsr is greatly improved and actually feels competitive now. the turbo in the 959, while not in this update, was still greatly appreciated, and over due. but makes the car a great fun.

now if only we could fix the players to stop them from being so damn dirty...first race in a week, i get pushed into a wall, rear dogged to a t-bone into the wall, and then pushed out when i had the advantage while outing a corner...all that being said i some how caught up them, and managed a first place finish because of some weird defaults or soemthing...sadly, my letter rating took some hits in percentage it seems. did they do anything about helping to prevent these faultings?

it seems less and less people are playing this game, and honestly, i can see why...you have a driver rating system that benefits cheating and doesn't seperate the clean racers from the dirty. you want to sell dlc, but still have a sky that looks like its a bunch of triangles, and the quicker you get, the less the game works. and then you still aren't at your peak potential. so why do i play it? when it works, its fun. because it is real racing, but that is one in 50 races. the cars are feeling better and better, which adds a unique quality.

Keena
12-04-2018, 05:14
I'm on PC with a gtx 1060 and an old i5 processor. Zero issues here and its as sharp as you like with great graphics. I say this for your information only and to aid you in your diagnostics going fwd.

Sankyo
12-04-2018, 06:26
@OP your statements about how bad the game looks (on PC) and how it has FPS problems sound like a generic fact, while you don't state your system specs and in-game settings. Most PC players will not agree with your statements (see, for example, the answer above), so you're likely to have a local problem.

As for people misbehaving online, so you really think that people who don't care about their online rating will drive better online because there's such a rating? You're asking the devs to fix human behaviour, I'd think that that's not a very realistic request?

pkcraistlin
12-04-2018, 06:41
kid plays PS4, not PC.

roseberrya
12-04-2018, 07:22
it was a joke...clearly we can't fix human behavior(whatever that means), so the game is a sinking ship?...

roseberrya
12-04-2018, 07:22
i thought the pc vs console supremacy died off? otherwise you can just give us back out games, and stick to yours

roseberrya
12-04-2018, 07:26
also, project cars 1 looks ok still. ps4 did update a few months back and ruined the graphics for "performance upgrades" and the graphics dropped dramatically to what they are now, but the graphics issues are on your end. project cars 1 still runs smooth, the sky is clean, and it is very playable, but isn't as good as it was before because of some update that made the lines more jagged. you used to be able to see turns clearly all the way down the track. but project cars 2? it looks like an 8 bit game at times.

if companies are going to downgrade my systems to try and push me to buy new stuff, i'll just keep posting negative information about your companies till i die or you kill me for the profit you are losing.

pkcraistlin
12-04-2018, 08:33
i thought the pc vs console supremacy died off? otherwise you can just give us back out games, and stick to yours

? no supremacy. merely pointing out that you play on PS4 as everyone else assumed otherwise based on the platform under your name.

Keena
12-04-2018, 08:37
also, project cars 1 looks ok still. ps4 did update a few months back and ruined the graphics for "performance upgrades" and the graphics dropped dramatically to what they are now, but the graphics issues are on your end. project cars 1 still runs smooth, the sky is clean, and it is very playable, but isn't as good as it was before because of some update that made the lines more jagged. you used to be able to see turns clearly all the way down the track. but project cars 2? it looks like an 8 bit game at times.

if companies are going to downgrade my systems to try and push me to buy new stuff, i'll just keep posting negative information about your companies till i die or you kill me for the profit you are losing.

Perhaps better addressed to Sony?

Smoo
12-04-2018, 08:37
With i7 8700k and gtx1080ti is perfekt...........setting graphics not all 100%. I use monitor 144hz

hkraft300
12-04-2018, 08:41

PS4 is a sinking ship.

Worst looking game in 10 years? Should've gone to spec savers ;)

Sankyo
12-04-2018, 08:53
Moved to PS4 section. @OP please change your profile so it states your platform correctly.

Minimitch
12-04-2018, 09:42
I have this game on both PS4 and PC, and whereas the PS4 version doesn't look as good as the PC version (and that's true for every game) they're not anywhere near the poor quality you are describing. You describe them as I imagine a person with cataracts would

ProDriver
12-04-2018, 09:42
kid plays PS4, not PC.

:no:

foxymop
12-04-2018, 09:46
When the main concern are the graphics..........

racesafegrandad
12-04-2018, 10:00
kid plays PS4, not PC.

So I am a 73 year old kid then?

Sankyo
12-04-2018, 10:01

Let's not go into that discussion please, the guy meant 'the OP' with 'kid', not so much 'he's a kid'.

pkcraistlin
12-04-2018, 10:31
:no:

apologies for any ambiguity in my post- i was only pointing out that the OP was criticising the PS4 version of the game, not the PC as people presumed. i wasn't suggesting that the PS4 was for children; anything that can play games is awesome in my book. i've owned many consoles over the journey and the first machine in my house was a console. cheers.

http://www.davesclassicarcade.com/consoles/pong.JPG

jetpilot2703
12-04-2018, 12:00
I'm having several issues since the update. I'm still on a controller, a wheel is coming, but, lost the "Opposite Lock Assist" in the controller setup. While running a race at Red Bull, my car kept running out of fuel, even though I had the car setup for 2 more laps than the race schedule? I tried different cars, same issue. Also, could not save and rename a setup, then the game stated I was using "foul" language? I had not said a word. Hopefully the developers will get these issues corrected soon.

Sankyo
12-04-2018, 12:03
I'm having several issues since the update. I'm still on a controller, a wheel is coming, but, lost the "Opposite Lock Assist" in the controller setup. While running a race at Red Bull, my car kept running out of fuel, even though I had the car setup for 2 more laps than the race schedule? I tried different cars, same issue. Also, could not save and rename a setup, then the game stated I was using "foul" language? I had not said a word. Hopefully the developers will get these issues corrected soon.

What car were you driving on RBR?

Sankyo
12-04-2018, 12:10
Opposite Lock Assist is under Gameplay now.

Raklodder
12-04-2018, 12:31
Appearance isn't as important as functionality and it has become more stable since release, but I'm still experiencing intermittent game freezes and can't play the game in fullscreen without the game locking up.

It seems like when one bug is squashed, additional and/or more severe ones appears, but what finally made me put away the game, was due to the frequent disconnections from my online races,

but get that fixed and you'll see most of the complaints (or at least mine anyway) will go away and I hope v1.6, incl. hotfixes and future PC updates will be released much sooner.

leeroy98
12-04-2018, 16:13
Been told by my league buddy's there is a 500mb update available is there any info what the update has fixed??

Konan
12-04-2018, 16:33
Been told by my league buddy's there is a 500mb update available is there any info what the update has fixed??

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55006-Project-CARS-2-PS4-Updates-Changelog&p=1499761&viewfull=1#post1499761

leeroy98
12-04-2018, 17:33
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55006-Project-CARS-2-PS4-Updates-Changelog&p=1499761&viewfull=1#post1499761

Thanks buddy

racesafegrandad
15-04-2018, 08:29
apologies for any ambiguity in my post
JPG[/IMG]

No apology needed. I was just amused by your post my friend. :)

sergirey13
21-04-2018, 15:52
Also there are several mistakes in some cars talking about suspension visual. Specifically the Carrera GT in real life has two colours for the rim nuts and it has in the game too, but when you go fast the four rims are red. This is a minor mistake but, as it is my favourite car in the game and I have paid fos the season pass, it is something that takes my attention.

IceShaft
21-04-2018, 17:52
and I have paid fos the season pass

Jesus, not this again... :crushed:

Marlo
24-04-2018, 11:57
The game seems to flow better now after the latest updates. Anyways, i have linked two videos showing Dubai autodromo in PC1 and PC2, notice that in PC1 you had much more detail in the background (Skyscrapers etc.) while in PC2 all that is removed.

Not that it really bothers me, but it just shows that graphics really has been downgraded on the PS4 from the first game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMd6OHmTk38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVP0BAmGMI8

AbeWoz
24-04-2018, 12:22
The game seems to flow better now after the latest updates. Anyways, i have linked two videos showing Dubai autodromo in PC1 and PC2, notice that in PC1 you had much more detail in the background (Skyscrapers etc.) while in PC2 all that is removed.

Not that it really bothers me, but it just shows that graphics really has been downgraded on the PS4 from the first game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMd6OHmTk38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVP0BAmGMI8

IMO, necessary steps to free up some processing power for the new tire and physics model and improved livetrack stuff.

senna94f1
25-04-2018, 20:56
kid plays PS4, not PC.

I have both and they still crash and run you off the track in open online lobby's ,

So most of us run leagues or race in leagues , this makes fantastic racing ,

Why do we race in leagues because it private and you have to practice , who want to race in open lobby's and get crashed into ,not me ,

The graphics are pretty on ps4 and PC and remember this is a full blown sim ,along with a decent wheel and seat this sim makes for exciting racing, and those searches are not me lol

On another note when I go on moderater posts it now comes up with search done on 0.60 seconds and a huge list of the same,253528