PDA

View Full Version : Are you wondering about reckless driving in PS4 lobbys?

BongoFury23
12-04-2018, 15:51
Not really. The most useful tools for hosting a lobby are still missing or bugged:

1. No lobby naming
2. Useless voice chat (since PCars1)
3. No inline text-chat

Since SMS doesn't care about this, no one has any chance to manage a lobby proper. And thats the main reason why PCars2 on PS4 has not the amount of users it coul'd have. Denying that fact is ok for fanboys, for SMS it's just loose money.

Daz555
12-04-2018, 18:28
I'd like the server browser to show all the private rooms so we'd know how busy the platform is. Most of my racing is in private rooms.

FOG-Smokebeer
12-04-2018, 19:12
Mic always been ok for me it takes like 2 secs to sort out

stevewf1
13-04-2018, 13:13
Issue for me in lobbies since the game's release has been muting other peoples' mics. I find other players' mics often too loud, to the point where you can't hear your own engine revs, tyres locking etc, which affects your ability to drive at your best. There is no "mute all" option, which means you have to individually mute each player's mic, and then mute any players that join subsequently, which is not ideal if you are driving. Sometimes the mute option doesn't work at all. I don't race with a mic, so it would be nice to have a "mute all" option so you can choose whether hear other players talking or not.

Sum Dixon-Ear
13-04-2018, 13:36
There is no "mute all" option...

There is a workaround though, if you don't wish to hear any gamechat simply create a party for yourself.

simsimsheree
13-04-2018, 16:05
Host should have the option to disable all mics. Standard feature in GT, but of course there, they don't neglect the ability to text.

Texting is a FAR more efficient way to communicate in a room full of people without the self control to ONLY talk when they absolutely have to.

There are times when SMS trying to 'be different' has failed to understand that the system already in place in most other games is there because it works...

stevewf1
13-04-2018, 16:07
There is a workaround though, if you don't wish to hear any gamechat simply create a party for yourself.

Thanks, will give this a try!

simsimsheree
13-04-2018, 19:19

Trouble is, there is no text alternative to mics. So, you either keep them on, listen to some kid's chewing gum or some bloke's emphysema all through the race drowning out the car's sounds, or you lose any ability for the host or players to communicate at all...

I would like a quick 'Mute all' and a 'Mute all but host' button, and room host have the option to mandate it for the room.

We need text boxes, and we need them BADLY

The problem is, PC rooms have text. GTS rooms have text (so it's not a PS4 limitation). PC2 PS4 rooms don't have text. Why?

Rodgerzzz
15-04-2018, 07:03
Voice chat improved immensely since patch 1.4, its as clear as any other game out there now and even rivals being in a party chat for sound clarity.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
15-04-2018, 07:22
Why can't it be that we don't hear anyone unless we put our headsets on as well, really don't see why we have to hear them through the TV speakers without having to mute everyone individually

DeanUK
26-04-2018, 08:36
Trouble is, there is no text alternative to mics. So, you either keep them on, listen to some kid's chewing gum or some bloke's emphysema all through the race drowning out the car's sounds, or you lose any ability for the host or players to communicate at all...

I would like a quick 'Mute all' and a 'Mute all but host' button, and room host have the option to mandate it for the room.

We need text boxes, and we need them BADLY

The problem is, PC rooms have text. GTS rooms have text (so it's not a PS4 limitation). PC2 PS4 rooms don't have text. Why?

Sounds like you don’t like people talking. But to dictate to everyone in a lobby that they can’t talk talk seems a bit daft. It was refreshing to come from gtsport which only has party chat (8 players max) when we race with 10 or more friends, pcars 2 having open chat is great. The biggest benefit is when someone makes a mistake and hits you you can discuss it straight away and not have to text which takes ages and can’t be done whilst driving, which can lead to anger retaliation.
If you don’t want to hear people then open a private party chat and invite no one. Sounds a lonely way to race though.

vwpolo
28-04-2018, 14:22
I am one of those that like driving focused without any background noise. why do not implement a mute all option ? Now I find in lobbies ppl with their own stereo radios or what and I must stop playing and mute one by one all those (...). Are we driving or having a party ?

simsimsheree
30-04-2018, 17:56
It always seems that whenever anything is realistic, everyone touts PC2's sim creds. But when was the last time you heard a bunch of race drivers chatting with each other IRL?

No real life race series allows the drivers to chat with each other during the race. Hence... an option to enforce this in lobbies, and an easy way to mute all drivers except the host.

BTW, how is forcing mics off in a room any more 'dictating' than setting a lobby up with a forced car, or forced aids, or forced views, etc.?

awaite85
30-04-2018, 18:13
GT5 had the best online system. The host had so many options and control over everything. I don't know why that system hasn't been adopted by modern games.

simsimsheree
30-04-2018, 22:14
I think there's some kind of law forbidding 'sim' game devs from acknowledging that any feature from Gran Turismo is worth including!

It might go a long way to explaining why, despite PD's weakest offering in decades, sales of GTS are still an order of magnitude greater than any 'sim'. It isn't realistic physics that sells games. It is ease of use, flexibility of use and attention to detail.

The more I play PC2, the more I realize it is designed for one type of player, and one type of player only. League PC sim players. Every other aspect of the game is pretty much ignored, or short changed. Such a shame, because, with Gran Turismo's attention to detail with regard to lobby design and comprehensive options for hosts, PC2 would rule the roost.

Its track and car selection, full weather and time of day should be utterly destroying GTS. But its online system is holding it back. Join a private League, dedicate several hours a week at the same time and day, PC2 is your huckleberry. Can't do that? SMS don't apparently care about you.

sas5320
30-04-2018, 22:35
imo, SMS have now received that message loud and clear. There are only a few SIM features missing now such as Admin BoP and better flags and safety fcy system. Most what's missing are gameplay features like GT and Forza have been focusing. 7 years and 2 games focusing on sim community hasn't gotten them where they ought to be commercially

foxymop
30-04-2018, 23:32
imo, SMS have now received that message loud and clear. There are only a few SIM features missing now such as Admin BoP and better flags and safety fcy system. Most what's missing are gameplay features like GT and Forza have been focusing. 7 years and 2 games focusing on sim community hasn't gotten them where they ought to be commercially

If they received something, it went to the spam and was not read.

I totally agree with simsimsheree.
But it's sold as a more friendly game, so you have tons of 5th grade kids online playing like it was Need for Speed. Wichita makes the casual online racing even worst.
Like you said, everything else was ignored. Despite someone in SMS said that it's the sim with more features, that statement is.... oh well.... half true.

simsimsheree
01-05-2018, 20:25
So little needs changing to make PC2 the racing game for 'everyone'...

I've got a nasty feeling SMS has never even played GT5/6. Too 'arcade' for their refined tastes! Trouble is, if they had, they might have seen what constitutes a great, flexible open lobby system.

Lobby Titles.
Text chat
Mic disabling options
Host control of kicking
In lobby replay tools
Easy BoP tools
Track voting
An easy 'Shuffle' racing equivalent...

It's not rocket science. But you do have to have your head out of the sand.