PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Patch 5.0 Discussion thread

Bealdor
12-04-2018, 15:57
Please use this thread to discuss Patch 5.0 on XB1.

[Release notes] (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55370-Project-CARS-2-Xbox-One-Updates-Changelog&p=1500143&viewfull=1#post1500143)

For those new to Project CARS, the patch threads are NOT for discussing what is NOT in the patch. The patch threads are for discussing what IS contained in the patch. Other posts will be removed.

killer2293
12-04-2018, 16:30
The force feedback for Fanatec wheels is fixed. Half a lap and my wheel feels great. Thank you. Update Just ran a full race at Redbull Ring and it was great. Happy Racing.

Ofnir4
12-04-2018, 16:41
It's bigger than its PS4 counterpart, so I guess we have a lot of Xbox related (or specific) issues fixed. We'll have to investigate which one were, since the accelerated release (thanks by the way) has had an adverse effect on our patch notes.

Zaskarspants
12-04-2018, 17:09
After 5 mins play my first impressions are that the sound output is higher by about 6dB.

The graphics in high mode look improved to me, more stable. Not tried high res yet.

alegunner68
12-04-2018, 18:16
Seems great so far. One thing i noticed though is the ' entering pit lane ' warning keeps appearing ( practice at brands ).

fishaac
12-04-2018, 18:57
Anyone noticed an improvement with FFB for tx wheel?

Stone Cold Stig
12-04-2018, 19:18

Thank you sms. The game just keeps getting better and better.
I will start to download soon, and a big thanks to whoever made the call to shorten patch notes to get the update out sooner than later.

Glad to see you guys recognized a "specific scenario' were this would be necessary.
I will also inform you guys if under any specific conditions the AI pit entry lane is still causing problems.

Thanks.:cool:

SRC Brian
12-04-2018, 20:35
Much better feel from my V2.5 fanatec base now. Just nessing with settings now that they actually change things. ;)

Maskmagog
12-04-2018, 20:43
Thank you SMS! Only had 5 minutes to test, but the violent shaking of Thrustmaster TX with Ginettas seems fixed! Now I can enjoy Ginetta JR career one more time :)

Not sure about this, but it seemed like penalties stayed a bit longer? Pre patch 5 they pretty much went away by themselves. Would be a welcome tweak, if you actually have to slow down now. They were a bit forgiving before. But as I said, I only tested very briefly.

One more thing, maybe I'm just crazy, but has something been done with braking? Maybe I'm just rusty with the Ginetta, since I haven't driven it for awhile b/c ffb shaking, but it felt like it stopped quicker.

Really looking forward to the new Leipzig layouts! And the Ferrari! Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated!

LukeC1991
12-04-2018, 20:55
Just downloaded the patch. Jumped straight into private testing in the new Ferrari at Imola, ran default setup and the car hardly turns even on full steering lock. I thought this is weird, lets try a car I'm familiar with... so I got in the Nissan R89C also at Imola and now the game freezes and crashes to dashboard every time I try to load a car setup. I restarted my console and it's still doing the same thing.

Edit: it seems no matter what car I select, the game crashes every time as soon as I try to pull up my saved car setups list, doesn't appear to be track specific either as I've tried numerous tracks. The game didn't crash once during patch 4 :( Help, I don't think I can handle waiting a few months for a patch to fix this.

LukeC1991
12-04-2018, 21:17
Another thing, has something been done to the Group C tires or cars? I tried running the R89C with the setup for Hockenheim Classic that was pre loaded as it was the last setup I used before the patch and the rear end grip is completely gone, I have no traction what so ever, even on warm tires.

Zaskarspants
12-04-2018, 21:22
Just downloaded the patch. Jumped straight into private testing in the new Ferrari at Imola, ran default setup and the car hardly turns even on full steering lock. I thought this is weird, lets try a car I'm familiar with... so I got in the Nissan R89C also at Imola and now the game freezes and crashes to dashboard every time I try to load a car setup. I restarted my console and it's still doing the same thing.

Edit: it seems no matter what car I select, the game crashes every time as soon as I try to pull up my saved car setups list, doesn't appear to be track specific either as I've tried numerous tracks. The game didn't crash once during patch 4 :( Help, I don't think I can handle waiting a few months for a patch to fix this.

All is ok for me on xbx with loading old saves. No crashes.

Robhd
12-04-2018, 21:23

YES! I have played for about half an hour, the Ginetta G40 at Spa... Gone is the shaking and shuddering...lots of feedback and great feel from the tyres... This is nght and day better...

To the folks who worked on fixing the xbox woes many, many thanks... Too work peeps!

LukeC1991
12-04-2018, 21:26
All is ok for me on xbx with loading old saves. No crashes.

Hmm I’m confused as to why it’s just me so far. I have no idea what to do with this.

SRC Brian
12-04-2018, 22:24
Much better feel from my V2.5 fanatec base now. Just nessing with settings now that they actually change things. ;)

blinkngone
12-04-2018, 22:25
Hmm I’m confused as to why it’s just me so far. I have no idea what to do with this.

Hi Luke. When some people have problems they take a screenshot of their setup. Then delete their old setup, enter the parameters manually, save to a new slot. For me I delete my old setups, load my ghost and save to a new slot and it works for me.

LukeC1991
12-04-2018, 22:28
Hi Luke. When some people have problems they take a screenshot of their setup. Then delete their old setup, enter the parameters manually, save to a new slot. For me I delete my old setups, load my ghost and save to a new slot and it works for me.

The problem is that I canít even load a setup to take screenshots. The game crashes to dashboard as soon as I press the ďload setupĒ button to bring up the list of my saved setups.

Iím stuck, this patch has completely broken my game.

fishaac
12-04-2018, 23:07
YES! I have played for about half an hour, the Ginetta G40 at Spa... Gone is the shaking and shuddering...lots of feedback and great feel from the tyres... This is nght and day better...

To the folks who worked on fixing the xbox woes many, many thanks... Too work peeps!

I'd love to try your settings if you have time to share them!..

Juiced46
13-04-2018, 00:22

Sounds like you have a corrupt install. Delete game and reinstall.....

Jay sysum
13-04-2018, 01:33
The force feedback for Fanatec wheels is fixed. Half a lap and my wheel feels great. Thank you. Update Just ran a full race at Redbull Ring and it was great. Happy Racing.

Are you using the V2.5 base????

What firmware are you using

Im now having issues after months of fun...

I'm running the 298 driver = 317 018 frimware on Xbox one X

I also have the xbox universal hub and v3 inverted pedals

raven214
13-04-2018, 01:37
Thank you sms. The game just keeps getting better and better.
I will start to download soon, and a big thanks to whoever made the call to shorten patch notes to get the update out sooner than later.

Agreed, but can the full update notes be posted here on the forum? It would be nice to still have them available.

Juiced46
13-04-2018, 01:41
Are you using the V2.5 base????

What firmware are you using

Im now having issues after months of fun...

I'm running the 298 driver = 317 018 frimware on Xbox one X

I also have the xbox universal hub and v3 inverted pedals

My V2.5 issues are fixed as well with patch 5. I replied to the thread you started. I believe your FX setting at 100 is causing your problem....

Jay sysum
13-04-2018, 01:44
Can you share your setting please. I've used my 2.5v for the past 4-5 months and jave had great success with the settings I've been using. I'm running driver 298 = 317 018 firmware.

I use
RAW
Gain 100
Volume 60
Tone 75
FX 90
Menu 0

Wheel settings

Sen 900
FF 100
Sho Off
ABS 90
DRI -05
BRF 100

These settings have been fantastic for months...

Checkout my YouTube video to see for yourself.

https://youtu.be/KtrHlrvGC9E

Juiced46
13-04-2018, 01:45
Can you share your setting please. I've used my 2.5v for the past 4-5 months and jave had great success with the settings I've been using. I'm running driver 298 = 317 018 firmware.

I use
RAW
Gain 100
Volume 60
Tone 75
FX 90
Menu 0

Wheel settings

Sen 900
FF 100
Sho Off
ABS 90
DRI -05
BRF 100

These settings have been fantastic for months...

Checkout my YouTube video to see for yourself.

https://youtu.be/KtrHlrvGC9E

Continue this post on the thread you started so this thread doesnt get derailed...Ill post my settings there

Untamed
13-04-2018, 02:05
Have they fixed the handling if your have more then 15 AI? Your car turns into a complete potato, I didn't see anything in the patch notes about a fix for it

Schnizz58
13-04-2018, 02:07
I just had a brief go at Patch 5.0. Brief because in 5 attempts I was unable to complete a single lap. The grip problem with a full grid seems worse than ever.

Also I noticed that the tire pressure is now displayed correctly but that caused the little silhouette that indicates car damage to be half off the screen. Serious question: are we being unrealistic when we ask that new bugs not be created when old ones are fixed? First it was that the pressures were in psi regardless of the imperial/metric setting. Then only the whole units were displayed, no fractions. Now the fractions are there but half the damage indicator is missing. It makes me wonder if there is any SQA at all.

Until they solve the grip issue I'm done with this. It's just too frustrating.

Have they fixed the handling if your have more then 15 AI? Your car turns into a complete potato, I didn't see anything in the patch notes about a fix for it
See above. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be fixed but I also wasn't expecting it to be worse.

Untamed
13-04-2018, 02:21
Well then doesn't look like I'm installing PC2 then, this is honestly a bloody joke I honestly don't ever see this problem getting fixed....

Schnizz58
13-04-2018, 02:23
I have my doubts as well. I've been planning to migrate over to PC but I'm not sure I want to give them any more money.

Robhd
13-04-2018, 04:50
I'd love to try your settings if you have time to share them!..

Yesterday, when i tested i just used the standard settings to give it a go... I shall be testing over weekend and will let you know what i find... I am ignoring any previous settings i tried as these were pretty much solely focussed on trying to dial out the hideous shaking etc after last patch...

... Its gonna be a good weekend woo hoo!

LukeC1991
13-04-2018, 08:24

I hope youíre right, I will give this a try after work tonight. I donít know what Iíll do if this doesnít work, fingers crossed!

Just Another Frog
13-04-2018, 08:31
The rain/snow effects are really good now in extreme conditions.

I don't know what others are experiencing but i'm finding the Indycars 100% undriveable around Daytona using a controller. Analog movement seems to be hyper-sensitive, with the range of movement required to turn cars being barely anything (from cockpit view the steering wheel only turns a fraction but the car turns a lot) and any setup that has the default left pull is a nightmare to rectify at any speed. I'd swear it feels like digital (d-pad) steering.

Sampala ice track STILL displays at being 3.5m long. It's a 27 sec lap :)

PCARSFFBSADNESS
13-04-2018, 10:07
Hi All,

Here to talk about the only issue I wanted a fix for in the new patch - the inconsistency of the steering ratio when racing in online lobbies.

To explain, I only race online, usually with default setups, and use a Thrustmaster TX. What happens is that around 1 in 5 online races I get what I call the "shit car" or "glitched car" or "bus steering" as I like to call it, where the steering ratio changes so that you need to almost double your normal steering input to make the same turns. This doesn't seem to be car or track specific, or setup specific. I always run the 'Loose' setup with no other setups saved alongside it, all my setups are the standard loose or stable.

Because I race in a community it is easy to find this glitch, in a full league race lobby it is very likely that at least one of us will have this glitch, usually more.

There is one car which makes the glitch very obvious - the Genetta GT5. You can clearly tell when you have this glitch in the Ginetta GT5 because the gear ratio also changes, you can even tell from another drivers stream/replay if they have the glitch as they will be hitting 6th gear in places that you cant usually.

I have experienced it in the Ginetta GT5, the Clio Cup, and the Mercedes 190e, but I was quite sure it is across all cars (i really should race more classes) I'm not sure I have experienced this glitch in a GT3 car though, not sure.

Anyway, I hate you! Why are you doing this to us! How am I meant to be the best of the best with a 1 in 5 chance of driving a bus! Reply if you dare! :mad:;)

ian2726
13-04-2018, 11:39
Is lobby stability any better? We had to limit our league races to 12 because at 16 it caused havoc.

PCARSFFBSADNESS
13-04-2018, 11:49
Is lobby stability any better? We had to limit our league races to 12 because at 16 it caused havoc.

If you mean in regard to disconnections I think this is much better since patch4, too early to tell if much has changed in patch5

Sankyo
13-04-2018, 11:55
Hi All,

Here to talk about the only issue I wanted a fix for in the new patch - the inconsistency of the steering ratio when racing in online lobbies.

To explain, I only race online, usually with default setups, and use a Thrustmaster TX. What happens is that around 1 in 5 online races I get what I call the "shit car" or "glitched car" or "bus steering" as I like to call it, where the steering ratio changes so that you need to almost double your normal steering input to make the same turns. This doesn't seem to be car or track specific, or setup specific. I always run the 'Loose' setup with no other setups saved alongside it, all my setups are the standard loose or stable.

Because I race in a community it is easy to find this glitch, in a full league race lobby it is very likely that at least one of us will have this glitch, usually more.

There is one car which makes the glitch very obvious - the Genetta GT5. You can clearly tell when you have this glitch in the Ginetta GT5 because the gear ratio also changes, you can even tell from another drivers stream/replay if they have the glitch as they will be hitting 6th gear in places that you cant usually.

I have experienced it in the Ginetta GT5, the Clio Cup, and the Mercedes 190e, but I was quite sure it is across all cars (i really should race more classes) I'm not sure I have experienced this glitch in a GT3 car though, not sure.

Anyway, I hate you! Why are you doing this to us! How am I meant to be the best of the best with a 1 in 5 chance of driving a bus! Reply if you dare! :mad:;)

Is it only the steering ratio that is off, or are more car set-up parameters off? In other words, is the whole car set-up borked in such cases, or only the steering ratio? Do you always manually load your set-up before driving?

PCARSFFBSADNESS
13-04-2018, 12:02
No, In the GT5, when the Steering ratio gets longer, the gear ratio also become shorter. I cannot notice if any other parameters change.

In the Clio Cup the steering ratio changes, but I cannot be sure that the gearing also changes, it seems to be only in the GT5 that both gearing and steering changes, i could be wrong.

I always ensure that I am using the loose setup by selecting it in the free practice mode for each specific car, this is because I race with default setups in the league, I cannot choose which setup I am using before each race because it is not selectable when running default setups.

APR193
13-04-2018, 12:10
Just a heads up for anyone else that might encounter something similar. I had a quick try in the Ferrari 488 challenge and wasn't particuarly impressed, didn't like (what I thought was) how the car reacts when you get it slightly out of shape. Had a go in the F40 LM which I've loved to this point and it felt the same as the challenge, slight power slides felt numb and awkward (hard to describe).

Checked the settings and opposite lock assist was turned on (had it off before the update, must have reset with the patch). Turned it off again and it was all back to normal. F40 LM felt better than ever with the improved braking from this update, and had another go in the 488 and it feels much better

LukeC1991
13-04-2018, 12:28
Just a heads up for anyone else that might encounter something similar. I had a quick try in the Ferrari 488 challenge and wasn't particuarly impressed, didn't like (what I thought was) how the car reacts when you get it slightly out of shape. Had a go in the F40 LM which I've loved to this point and it felt the same as the challenge, slight power slides felt numb and awkward (hard to describe).

Checked the settings and opposite lock assist was turned on (had it off before the update, must have reset with the patch). Turned it off again and it was all back to normal. F40 LM felt better than ever with the improved braking from this update, and had another go in the 488 and it feels much better

Thanks for this, I had the same problem with the Ferrari challenge and other cars were handling weird too. I will check later to see if steering lock assist had turned itself back on for me too.

Jezza819
13-04-2018, 13:54

I'll have to try that tonight because I thought I would try that car out quickly and like you said "What in the...." and just exited it and went on to something else.

I'm assuming that AI got another tweaking in this patch? Because I got hammered pretty good in a car at a track where I've never struggled before. I only had roughly an hour last night to download the patch and play around a bit.

RapidDemon
13-04-2018, 16:36
Patch broke the game for me on Xbox. Every time I enter Time Trial the game crashes to dashboard. I did a few laps last night with the new 488, boot up today and it shows the last car I used was a Chevy I don’t remember driving. Change the car, change the track doesn’t help, within 5 seconds of loading time trial the game crashes. The patch is still applied as the 488 is available in other modes.

sidy
13-04-2018, 17:39
Same.:(

LukeC1991
13-04-2018, 17:44
Menus are SO laggy when pressing "save" when choosing time and date etc and when pressing to start a session. Also, what on earth has been done to the Nissan R89C, the car has zero traction at all? I know a few turbo cars were tweaked, was this one of them? My favourite car in the game is now horrible. Although not to be too negative, the braking has improved a lot and I'm really liking that.

ian2726
13-04-2018, 21:24
We've been on for over an hour TRYING to get a private lobby going on our league.
People getting kicked unable to join.
Every patch we HOPE the multi-player Issue is resolved and every time we're left deflated.
It's the same thing of pcars is amazing (when it works). It's so frustrating.

Jezza819
14-04-2018, 04:09

I just checked and opposite lock assist was turned to off so it didn't reset during the update. The Ferrari Challenge car is just a mess all on it's own.

Protazy
14-04-2018, 11:49
After finishing qualifications, game stuck on saving, proceeding to race wasn't possible.

No Seams
14-04-2018, 16:03

Question about deleting the game and re-installing (probably a dumb question, but I'm kind of new to the xbox): Will all my car setups come back when I re-install?

LukeC1991
14-04-2018, 17:18
Question about deleting the game and re-installing (probably a dumb question, but I'm kind of new to the xbox): Will all my car setups come back when I re-install?

Yes you keep your game save file unless you manually delete it. If you just uninstall and re install the game your game progress will be still there. Although doing a re install didn't fix my problem of the game crashing as it now seems that problem is something to do with online features of the game. Unfortunately, I wasted an hour of my day doing a re install.

No Seams
14-04-2018, 17:40
Yes you keep your game save file unless you manually delete it. If you just uninstall and re install the game your game progress will be still there. Although doing a re install didn't fix my problem of the game crashing as it now seems that problem is something to do with online features of the game. Unfortunately, I wasted an hour of my day doing a re install.

Thanks for the response. Im doubtful that it is going to solve my problem as well, but ill give it a shot!

LukeC1991
14-04-2018, 23:21
I just checked and opposite lock assist was turned to off so it didn't reset during the update. The Ferrari Challenge car is just a mess all on it's own.

I agree, I'm really disappointed with the Ferrari challenge car. Not what I was expecting at all. It does get better once the tires are up to temperature but even then it's pretty horrible.

Konan
15-04-2018, 04:41
I agree, I'm really disappointed with the Ferrari challenge car. Not what I was expecting at all. It does get better once the tires are up to temperature but even then it's pretty horrible.

I'll give you word for word the advice i got to improve the handling of the 488:

Open up the steering earlier.The rear turns the car alone for the last 30 degrees.
Increase power ramp angle in differential setup
Increase coast ramp angle
Or make the front springs softer

Robhd
15-04-2018, 08:58
Have found since patch the TX wheel is so much better now with a standard xbox one... I have been using the raw flavour and getting great ffb... The only thing i would note is that i like a heavy whel weight... In private testing sessions with both a Ginetta G40 junior and BMW 2002i the wheel felt great on settings 100 / 50 / 20 / 20 at both Spa and Catalunya. However using same settings in a custom race with 16 cars on grid the wheel felt considerably lighter and to reporoduce a similar wheel weight to the private testing sessions i had to turn volume up from 50 to around 65.

However, this latest patch is a night and day improvement over what the ffb was like pre patch.

senna94f1
15-04-2018, 09:06
I'll give you word for word the advice i got to improve the handling of the 488:

Open up the steering earlier.The rear turns the car alone for the last 30 degrees.
Increase power ramp angle in differential setup
Increase coast ramp angle
Or make the front springs softer

I tested this new Ferrari and it's not bad , 1st to 3rd it wants to spin even while driving in straight line but due to massive bhp ,
For me the only thing I don't like about it is huge understeer going into medium to high speed corners , yet it's brilliant with no understeer in slightly slower corners,

I could not Dial this understeer out , and I tried every trick in the old book ,it almost handles like a road car in medium to high speed corners,

I've never followed this group in motorsports but I would guess the onus. Is more on the driver to race the car and not the car to drive the car with you hanging on ,

Reminds me of my track day r1 ,thank goodness I sold that lol,,

I will try tryout your setting to see if it helps,, the best race cars are the ones that don't understeer ,only my humble opinion ,

Konan
15-04-2018, 09:20
The two bottom lines of my post should help against the understeer...

PCARSFFBSADNESS
16-04-2018, 09:54
Hi All,

sankyo

Further to my description of the steering ratio glitch I can confirm it does happen with all cars, I'm quite sure now. Also, you asked whether any other parameters change when the steering ratio changes and yes, on all cars, when the steering ratio changes the gear ratio also changes. - if the workaround is to re-select the setup before each race this connot be done with default setup leagues.

Aslo, we had our first arranged race Yesterday and it was not possible to even start the lobby. The pre race lobby is not working as it disconnects the drivers at a rate that you cannot invite them back before another one is disconnected. It is not the usual disconnection that sends you back to race central, it crashes to Xbox home mostly instead. We thought it may be a problem with having a race director selected but it in fact happens without also. I think the workaround is to invite the drivers into a practice session instead of pre race lobby, as it may be more stable once the drivers are on track.

Much frustration, many disconnect,

LewisNE

Pisan777
16-04-2018, 15:24
When ever the qualifying session ends and you are on a hot lap and you cross the finish line with 0 on the clock, the game completely freezes and are forced to dashboard and quit game. This has been in multiplayer lobbies. Happened 5 times last night to a handful of us. Anyone else experiencing this? Xbox1x

Konan
16-04-2018, 15:37
When ever the qualifying session ends and you are on a hot lap and you cross the finish line with 0 on the clock, the game completely freezes and are forced to dashboard and quit game. This has been in multiplayer lobbies. Happened 5 times last night to a handful of us. Anyone else experiencing this? Xbox1x

yes...it's been reported

Pisan777
16-04-2018, 15:54
Ok thanks for the speedy response.... no more last lap pole snatching for me ��

PCARSFFBSADNESS
17-04-2018, 08:38
sankyo

Further to my description of the steering ratio glitch I can confirm it does happen with all cars, I'm quite sure now. Also, you asked whether any other parameters change when the steering ratio changes and yes, on all cars, when the steering ratio changes the gear ratio also changes. - if the workaround is to re-select the setup before each race this connot be done with default setup leagues.

Aslo, we had our first arranged race Yesterday and it was not possible to even start the lobby. The pre race lobby is not working as it disconnects the drivers at a rate that you cannot invite them back before another one is disconnected. It is not the usual disconnection that sends you back to race central, it crashes to Xbox home mostly instead. We thought it may be a problem with having a race director selected but it in fact happens without also. I think the workaround is to invite the drivers into a practice session instead of pre race lobby, as it may be more stable once the drivers are on track.

LewisNE

I have an update in regard to our disconnections - We attempted a 13 driver race with Actrollvision selected as the race director but the lobby would not hold all of the drivers, they would Disconnect and crash to Xbox home (as described previously). As an attempt at a workaround we started the lobby with only 2 players (host and director), then used a 30 minute practice session to invite the rest of the drivers directly into the practice session, this also did not work, more disconnections. THEN, after the race director had been disconnected we invited all of the drivers, they joined, and it was stable. The Race director was then re-invited (remains the race director even after re-joining the lobby, neat) and as soon as he was back in the lobby the disconnections came back.

Verdict = Race director mode caused an unstable lobby and disconnections.

Also, the 'bus steering' I have been complaining about DOES now have a fix, i didn't realize that even with default setups selected you can now select your setup prior to each race (loose or stable) so this is now a successful workaround! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

Much love,
former bus racer - Lewis

Konan
17-04-2018, 22:36
sankyo

LewisNE

Possible workaround/ fix

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62690-Need-serious-help-after-patch-5-0&p=1502186&viewfull=1#post1502186

Maskmagog
18-04-2018, 00:08
The shaking of Thrustmaster TX doesn't seems to be completely fixed. The Ginetta JR career at Oulton Park was terrible before patch 5, but was perfect post patch (no weird shaking). But the next race, at Knockhill in rain, the shaking was back.

freeman78
18-04-2018, 05:26
hi everyone, player on xbox one, we can not perform online sessions because players who have large adsl connections are out of the lobby all drivers that are lower speed. the problem arises on our private events, but also on the championship of France which is in progress! thank you for finding a solution as soon as possible.

Konan
18-04-2018, 05:35
hi everyone, player on xbox one, we can not perform online sessions because players who have large adsl connections are out of the lobby all drivers that are lower speed. the problem arises on our private events, but also on the championship of France which is in progress! thank you for finding a solution as soon as possible.

Check two posts up please...
And...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62690-Need-serious-help-after-patch-5-0&p=1502209&viewfull=1#post1502209

DC = disconnect
CTD = crash to dashboard
(Just thought i'd mention this for those who might wonder what the abbreviations mean)

freeman78
18-04-2018, 07:56
OK Tthanks!

freeman78
19-04-2018, 05:26
[BBUG REPORT]

i repost my message
"hi everyone, player on xbox one, we can not perform online sessions because players who have large adsl connections are out of the lobby all drivers that are lower speed. the problem arises on our private events, but also on the championship of France which is in progress! thank you for finding a solution as soon as possible. "

a few minutes ago
my driver who is taking out the other players with a weaker network has uninstalled his game.
we then create a new session to invite the players in the game and not in the lobby as mentioned a few posts above.
the problem is still present, impossible to play two people who have a very large network gap!

the test is also performed with a 4G connection by the one who has the fiber. but the problem is that you can not stay online when he is in the session, and that's why other players are freeze. what can he do to verify that there is no conflict that generates this situation ?

NaRP
19-04-2018, 08:55
[BBUG REPORT]

i repost my message
"hi everyone, player on xbox one, we can not perform online sessions because players who have large adsl connections are out of the lobby all drivers that are lower speed. the problem arises on our private events, but also on the championship of France which is in progress! thank you for finding a solution as soon as possible. "

a few minutes ago
my driver who is taking out the other players with a weaker network has uninstalled his game.
we then create a new session to invite the players in the game and not in the lobby as mentioned a few posts above.
the problem is still present, impossible to play two people who have a very large network gap!

the test is also performed with a 4G connection by the one who has the fiber. but the problem is that you can not stay online when he is in the session, and that's why other players are freeze. what can he do to verify that there is no conflict that generates this situation ?

even with a very good connection online game is deconnect.
@konan please talk to devs about this REPORT in patch 5

Konan
19-04-2018, 09:51
even with a very good connection online game is deconnect.
@konan please talk to devs about this REPORT in patch 5

There have been several reports of the workaround not working for everyone,which i communicated to the devs...

chappers2711
21-04-2018, 18:16
any chance of being able to do a full field indycar oval race without wanting to smash the controller?

This is game breaking IMO
I cannot drive indycars on ovals in career mode therefore I cannot complete the series how it should be.
I have posted two maybe three other topics on this and other than the usual arguements and obvious statements we are at patch 5 and this is still worse than ever. if you want a full description it is very easy to replicate.

Let me start by saying im not a moron, indycars and oval cars in general have a slight puoll to the left.

I use XB1, controller
On small fields (under 12 I would say) i can drive fine around all oval tracks. the minute i try in career mode i can't complete a lap without spinning wildly. the car pulls to the left violently and when you try to add a small amount of right steering to go straight it spins out of control.
I have tried different setting with camber etc but nothing matters it just is uncontrollable. Now I ill admit I am not good with setups and tend to leave it as default for the most part

If this isn't actually going to be fixed is there a setup that can ease some of this?
Can we maybe get some of the devs to comment on this because it is a long term major issue for many players. and please no pointless empty comments saying it is vague etc because it is incredibly easy to test and there are videos on one of my previous threads showing this problem

sas5320
21-04-2018, 19:15
It's because of the high AI count which ruins player physics on xb1 only. Everyone and their mother knows the issue (not insulting you, just commenting the importance of the issue) but SMS are not saying anything about it for some reason. Neither acknowledgement nor apology nor work-around nor future guidance. Feel bad for you xb1 career players, truly game-breaking (you cannot complete the career)

Just Another Frog
22-04-2018, 09:54
any chance of being able to do a full field indycar oval race without wanting to smash the controller?

This is game breaking IMO
I cannot drive indycars on ovals in career mode therefore I cannot complete the series how it should be.
I have posted two maybe three other topics on this and other than the usual arguements and obvious statements we are at patch 5 and this is still worse than ever. if you want a full description it is very easy to replicate.

Let me start by saying im not a moron, indycars and oval cars in general have a slight puoll to the left.

I use XB1, controller
On small fields (under 12 I would say) i can drive fine around all oval tracks. the minute i try in career mode i can't complete a lap without spinning wildly. the car pulls to the left violently and when you try to add a small amount of right steering to go straight it spins out of control.
I have tried different setting with camber etc but nothing matters it just is uncontrollable. Now I ill admit I am not good with setups and tend to leave it as default for the most part

If this isn't actually going to be fixed is there a setup that can ease some of this?
Can we maybe get some of the devs to comment on this because it is a long term major issue for many players. and please no pointless empty comments saying it is vague etc because it is incredibly easy to test and there are videos on one of my previous threads showing this problem

I'm not exactly sure what SMS have done to controller handling but my feeling is that everything went pear shaped (for me) when that anti-lock assist thing was introduced because from then onwards general handling of all cars just felt off. It's super hard to explain but from the open wheel point of view (excluding the Indy cars) there used to be fixed points (sweet spots) on the analog stick that you could find when driving thru corners - you know what I mean, that perfect left/right stick position that allows corner driving without the need to adjust - but now it's just not there, instead replaced by this constant need to alter the angle of steering (similar to using the d-pad) to negotiate corners and because steering has now become hyper-sensitive that constant adjustment is made even harder because there's so little of the stick movement needed to drive the cars, making any driving manoeuvre either a twitchy nightmare or a lesson in how to completely oversteer a car when exiting corners.

The really annoying thing is that (and anyone with a physical copy of the game can try this) once you've fathomed out the controller settings, day one PC2 handling without any patches whatsoever is infinitely superior without all those post launch tweaks, implementations, upgrades and general tamperings - and I 100% stand by that fact because as a general poor person without a zillion £'s of hardware bolted onto my console to make it a 'sim thing' I just can't play PC2 any more. Sure, the visuals are nice, livetrack is a great idea, track diversity has always been a strong point ( I could probably go on and on) but what's the point of having all those technical innovations and perks when general handling is just crap? In all those pre launch interviews Andy Tudor said that the first thing they did with Project Cars 2 was address all those controller steering issues that were prevalent in Project Cars 1 and guess what, that's exactly what SMS did. So why on earth did anyone feel the need to tamper?

And yes Chappers, I will vouch for the fact that even with an X1X Indycars are completely undriveable. At 175mph they don't veer to the left - they full on drive to the left and with a controller it's not possible to angle the steering enough to keep the car straight.

DangerDave49
22-04-2018, 12:32
Wheel is Thrustmaster TMX.
Console is Xbox one X.
Latest patch is applied.
Problem occurs in online lobbies as host and player.
I think it has also happened in Custom Races.

The vast majority of time the wheels ffb works faultlessly.

Occasionally when exiting the garage or starting a race the ffb disappears completely with no feel from the wheel.
Controller is still maintained and all button and pedals still work.
This only happens when first exiting garage or race start, never mid race.

I can press the Xbox button which gives the screen dialog to power off the controller followed by switching the wheel back on ffb is resumed.

Is this a known issue?

Is there anything but can do to prevent this from happening?

Thankyou in advance.

Konan
22-04-2018, 13:53
Wheel is Thrustmaster TMX.
Console is Xbox one X.
Latest patch is applied.
Problem occurs in online lobbies as host and player.
I think it has also happened in Custom Races.

The vast majority of time the wheels ffb works faultlessly.

Occasionally when exiting the garage or starting a race the ffb disappears completely with no feel from the wheel.
Controller is still maintained and all button and pedals still work.
This only happens when first exiting garage or race start, never mid race.

I can press the Xbox button which gives the screen dialog to power off the controller followed by switching the wheel back on ffb is resumed.

Is this a known issue?

Is there anything but can do to prevent this from happening?

Thankyou in advance.

Did you load the setup before the race...even the default one needs to be loaded otherwise you can have this happening on occasion...

Robhd
22-04-2018, 15:55
Did you load the setup before the race...even the default one needs to be loaded otherwise you can have this happening on occasion...

Hi Konan

I never knew you were supposed to load the set ups for every race even if using a default one... I mean how are you supposed to know you should do that with no prompts or manual? If this is one of the things whacking out the ffb that is really disappointing, given its hardly something that would be glaringly obvious or even intuitive!

bluesky0870
22-04-2018, 16:20

As mentioned in the other thread, it happens to me too, that the FFB is lost at a session start sometimes after 5.0. Whether loading a setup or not. It doesn't depend on game mode either, it happens in all game modes. There's no noticeable pattern, except it happens more often when you restart a session but that maybe has been coincidence.

Smackin Fupas
22-04-2018, 17:14
Thrustmaster TMX is shaking only in rain races or wet surfaces. Everything else feels great. Even when the race starts out dry, the wheel is good. Then when the rain starts, the shaking starts. It sounds like the wheel is going to shake itself apart.

Konan
22-04-2018, 17:20
Hi Konan

I never knew you were supposed to load the set ups for every race even if using a default one... I mean how are you supposed to know you should do that with no prompts or manual? If this is one of the things whacking out the ffb that is really disappointing, given its hardly something that would be glaringly obvious or even intuitive!

Well it was suggested a while ago just to be sure but according to the other post it doesn't seem to make a difference...

chappers2711
22-04-2018, 19:32
And yes Chappers, I will vouch for the fact that even with an X1X Indycars are completely undriveable. At 175mph they don't veer to the left - they full on drive to the left and with a controller it's not possible to angle the steering enough to keep the car straight.

That is exactly it. surely since the game has been out so long with 5 patches behind us we deserve so answers from the devs regarding this. If they cannot find a fix for the handling then they need to find a way to give the option to reduce field size on certain tracks in career mode so we can try and race.

the worst part is i am sure there was an announcement maybe 2 patches ago saying they knew the issue and had found the fix. was that actually a lie?

DangerDave49
22-04-2018, 20:08

Thanks but I'm not sure that's relevant as this can happen after I've been out on a previous run in practise or qually where ffb was working.

Someone mentioned that they have had it with their fanatec wheel after they have used the Xbox menu to display items like current friends.

As this is intermittent it is difficult to confirm but I did find that ffb disappeared after one iteration of using the Xbox menu.

Hammerpgh
22-04-2018, 22:08
I also get this same loss of FFB on occasions and mainly in online sessions. Last night in boyh the practice and qualifying sessions of race I had to pull over to the side of the track after exiting the pits to reset my wheel to get the FFB back. Also I intermittently get the loss of FFB glitch offline if I happen to watch a replay of an incident.

So frustrating!!

I'll try this loading of the setup though to see if that makes any difference to me as I also find when online the car handles completely differently to when I practice offline with the same setup. Maybe it's not loading correctly which would explain this.

bluesky0870
22-04-2018, 22:27
I also get this same loss of FFB on occasions and mainly in online sessions. Last night in boyh the practice and qualifying sessions of race I had to pull over to the side of the track after exiting the pits to reset my wheel to get the FFB back. Also I intermittently get the loss of FFB glitch offline if I happen to watch a replay of an incident.

So frustrating!!

I'll try this loading of the setup though too see if that makes any difference to me as I also find when online the car handles completely differently to when I practice offline with the same setup. Maybe it's not loading correctly which would explain this.

Finally there's someone who can confirm what l have noticed and said here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62690-Need-serious-help-after-patch-5-0&p=1502161&viewfull=1#post1502161 and earlier there in the same thread.

If you load the setup or not does not change the least in this case.

fuschs
23-04-2018, 14:50
Hello, is it possible to play with 15 other players online with this patch? Or is it still not possible?

Cheers

Just Another Frog
23-04-2018, 16:19
Just to add, i've now discovered the root cause of my twitchy handling issues but am unsure how to resolve it. Anti-lock assist was on by default after patch 5 and even though i switched it off i've just noticed that in the greyed out (pre-race) gameplay options it is showing as 'on'. Only problem is, if i quit the race and disable it in the gameplay menu again, returning to the pre race gameplay menu once more shows it as 'on'.

Also a further question. How big a difference to handling is a 4:1 steering ratio as opposed to 29:1? The reason I ask is because whichever end of the scale i seem to use, handling feels exactly the same.

fuschs
23-04-2018, 18:26
Just to add, i've now discovered the root cause of my twitchy handling issues but am unsure how to resolve it. Anti-lock assist was on by default after patch 5 and even though i switched it off i've just noticed that in the greyed out (pre-race) gameplay options it is showing as 'on'. Only problem is, if i quit the race and disable it in the gameplay menu again, returning to the pre race gameplay menu once more shows it as 'on'.

Also a further question. How big a difference to handling is a 4:1 steering ratio as opposed to 29:1? The reason I ask is because whichever end of the scale i seem to use, handling feels exactly the same.

Doesn’t make a difference in handling as such, however it’s weird you see no difference at all..

sas5320
23-04-2018, 22:46
Yeah I think Steering Ratio has no effect for gamepad players, it is only a control for wheel pedal players

APR193
24-04-2018, 06:24
Steering ratio does make a difference for gamepad players

Bealdor
24-04-2018, 06:30
Steering ratio does make a difference for gamepad players

No it doesn't.
Maximum thumbstick movement results in max steering angle (at least at standstill). Since steering angle is constant on all cars steering ratio doesn't matter on gamepads.

APR193
24-04-2018, 06:50
No it doesn't.
Maximum thumbstick movement results in max steering angle (at least at standstill). Since steering angle is constant on all cars steering ratio doesn't matter on gamepads.

Really? I've used it since Pcars 1 to make steering less sensitive, I'll often make small changes and increase it after testing default setups. With the improved gamepad controls for Pcars2 I haven't changed it as much, but for Pcars 1 I would have to make large changes to steering ratio to be able to control the car properly. Surely I wasn't just placeboed this whole time haha :p

Bealdor
24-04-2018, 06:54
Really? I've used it since Pcars 1 to make steering less sensitive, I'll often make small changes and increase it after testing default setups. With the improved gamepad controls for Pcars2 I haven't changed it as much, but for Pcars 1 I would have to make large changes to steering ratio to be able to control the car properly. Surely I wasn't just placeboed this whole time haha :p

I fear you were.

APR193
24-04-2018, 06:59
Not that I don't believe you, but as its something I've used for 3 years I'm going to test this with more extreme sides of the scale later to prove myself wrong

fuschs
24-04-2018, 08:09
It definitely made a difference on PC1 on the pad, not sure on this one though, I’ve barely touched it.

No one answered me yet, is it possible to race 15 other drivers online or not??

Tank621
24-04-2018, 08:12
I assume it doesn't chamged max input but does affect it with partial inputs and the speed at which you reach the macimum steering input

Or have I misinterpreted this?

Just Another Frog
24-04-2018, 09:22
Not that I don't believe you, but as its something I've used for 3 years I'm going to test this with more extreme sides of the scale later to prove myself wrong

I'd be interested to know. I've just tried altering steering ratios in Heat 2 and the difference is huge.

Hammerpgh
24-04-2018, 09:40
It definitely made a difference on PC1 on the pad, not sure on this one though, Iíve barely touched it.

No one answered me yet, is it possible to race 15 other drivers online or not??
It may be that no one has been able to try that many drivers yet. Most I have raced with is 8 so far which was fine.

sas5320
24-04-2018, 17:17
Theoretical limit is 15 opponents, in practice maybe half that for most situations. Have to be careful

Konan
26-04-2018, 09:03
Workaround for the so called "bus car" (Xbox only i believe)

During qualification if you find out you have the glitched car: Go to pauze screen --> return to pits --> setups --> change to stable (even when default is forced) --> save --> according to preference change back to loose --> save --> glitch is gone.

Downside: you'll have to continue qualification on a full tank...

Curtousy of PTG Ducky and CLOWN KAOSZ (ACR)

"Bus car" = steering ratio issue when using default setups.

RookieRaceline
26-04-2018, 15:06
A quick question to hear if this is a known issue or if it's my Xbox that is acting up.

I still have the issue with the violent FFB shaking in the carreer with 12 Ginettas (FFB is set to RAW, gain 70 and the rest is set to 50). I cna'tmae us if it is worse the same or slighly less, but i just turned the game off, because i couldn't keep it on the track even on a straight...

bluesky0870
26-04-2018, 15:33

During qualification if you find out you have the glitched car: Go to pauze screen --> return to pits --> setups --> change to stable (even when default is forced) --> save --> according to preference change back to loose --> save --> glitch is gone.

For "my" time trial handling issue I found out a similar workaround. Demand a pit stop, go into the pits, let the crew do the pit stop and go back on track. The car acts more stable and predictable.
I've tried that so far without a saved personal pit strategy.
Disadvantage: Full tank and cold tires.

When I have time and when I am in the mood again to be part of the non existent test team I'll try this workaround with a personal pit strategy.

RookieRaceline
26-04-2018, 16:01
So - the bug, where the game crashes when you finish your last qualifying lap after the timer has finished. Is this xbox only or game-wide?

Konan
26-04-2018, 16:03
So - the bug, where the game crashes when you finish your last qualifying lap after the timer has finished. Is this xbox only or game-wide?

Happens on PS4 as well...
I think PC also

Maskmagog
26-04-2018, 16:04
I still have the issue with the violent FFB shaking in the carreer with 12 Ginettas (FFB is set to RAW, gain 70 and the rest is set to 50).

For me, Ginettas in career are fine in dry weather now, at last the races I've tried, they felt great! But in the Knockhill rain race, my TX still shakes pretty violent.

RookieRaceline
26-04-2018, 16:07
Happens on PS4 as well...
I think PC also

Does it happen always or is it occational?

RookieRaceline
26-04-2018, 16:09
For me, Ginettas in career are fine in dry weather now, at last the races I've tried, they felt great! But in the Knockhill rain race, my TX still shakes pretty violent.

Alright: it was the Knockhill race that i was doing, so got supre frustrated that the shaking was still there after patch 5. Maybe i should just skip that then..

Konan
26-04-2018, 16:09
Does it happen always or is it occational?

That i don't know...i don't play online but in the leagues i follow the people who are qualifying push "return to pits" before the timer ends just to make sure...

Protazy
28-04-2018, 15:47
Found 4 bugs in formation lap in career today.
1. Qualified first but had grid penalty +2 positions, in formation lap was starting 1st
2. 1st in formation lap, accelerated to 118km no other ai cars were behind me until end of the lap. No penalties for not keeping close distance for ai?
3. 1st in formation lap, by the end of the lap, ai car hit my bumper twice, penalty for contact +10s. Why also me?
4. 1st in formation lap, overspeeded and got disqualified, restarted session however the disqualification wasn't reset (DT from the very beginning of the lap)

Maskmagog
28-04-2018, 23:18
TC career at RBR. 4 GT3, 2 GT4 and 10 Touring cars. I was 0.5-1 s ahead of another TC when my last lap started. GT3 cars lapped the car behind me just before the finish line (their last lap). I was expecting then to lap me, but they never did. Distance to TC car behind me grew to 10 sec, then I realised: GT3 cars were on their cooldown lap, and slowed down everyone behind them.

Bealdor
30-04-2018, 06:51
TC career at RBR. 4 GT3, 2 GT4 and 10 Touring cars. I was 0.5-1 s ahead of another TC when my last lap started. GT3 cars lapped the car behind me just before the finish line (their last lap). I was expecting then to lap me, but they never did. Distance to TC car behind me grew to 10 sec, then I realised: GT3 cars were on their cooldown lap, and slowed down everyone behind them.

Everyone who crosses the finish line after the leader will have his race finished. No matter which class and how many laps they're behind. Working as intended.

Maskmagog
30-04-2018, 08:05
^^That makes sense, thanks.

rrusso
30-04-2018, 13:01
Online lobbies looks way worse than before the patch

Players are getting disconnected from session with more frequency than before....very annoying

We still get playing this game because we are stubborn. Its a shame...months after the release and this issues arent solved. We can play any game online with no issues...except Project Cars 2....So the problem is us or the game??

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 13:27
So the problem is us or the game??

It's the game, none of us have any connection issue on any other game. Hosts are getting disconnected from their own server. Staying idle on the ready screen gets people disconnected.

SALAMINIZER
30-04-2018, 15:11
It's the game, none of us have any connection issue on any other game. Hosts are getting disconnected from their own server. Staying idle on the ready screen gets people disconnected.

We've given up on our online championship as it's impossible to play. And from what I've seen, (or haven't) nothing is being said about it. If we had some kind of conformation that the MP issues are being worked on, we may stick around. However, until then the game is being shelved.

rrusso
30-04-2018, 17:23
We've given up on our online championship as it's impossible to play. And from what I've seen, (or haven't) nothing is being said about it. If we had some kind of conformation that the MP issues are being worked on, we may stick around. However, until then the game is being shelved.

Thats the point...nothing is said about it...for me is the MAIN issue...after 5 patches nothing was made or improved to try to fix the MP issues...

This is a terrible message for the console fans....

Konan
30-04-2018, 17:26
Thats the point...nothing is said about it...for me is the MAIN issue...after 5 patches nothing was made or improved to try to fix the MP issues...

This is a terrible message for the console fans....

It doesn't mean because no feedback is given it isn't recognised/worked on...

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 17:29

Why are all the wheel shake post/threads being ignored?

Do the developers not know how to fix it?

Konan
30-04-2018, 17:38
Why are all the wheel shake post/threads being ignored?

Again...it's not because there are no answers from SMS in a thread that they are not aware or working on an issue...
We do also report issues...

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 17:41

So until we get official responses, the issues are simultaneously being worked on and not being worked on. Miaow.

It comes down to communication, which is sorely lacking at the moment. It doesn't have to be the answer we are looking for but it has to be an answer.
Meanwhile, I'm bypassing the forum and SMS entirely to get answers, how is this happening in the first place ?

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 17:50
Meanwhile, I'm bypassing the forum and SMS entirely to get answers, how is this happening in the first place ?

How are you going about that? I'm down.

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 17:57
Again...it's not because there are no answers from SMS in a thread that they are not aware or working on an issue...
We do also report issues...

You dodged the question.

Why are all the wheel shake posts threads being ignored by official sms members?

I only ask because if they don't I know to give up hope and move on to other racing games. Plus I'd imagine a refund is more likely to happen the sooner you can ask for it. And if they cannot fix it I can try to get that money back in my pocket asap.

Is it not fair to want to know if my money was wasted or if it still has the potential for a decent return? I feel like that's a reasonable request.

Konan
30-04-2018, 18:00
I'm not dodging anything...not knowing isn't the same as dodging.
I know they know and that's all i know (and no...i'm not trying to be funny because i know how important this issue is to you guys)

bluesky0870
30-04-2018, 18:20
You dodged the question.

Why are all the wheel shake posts threads being ignored by official sms members?

I only ask because if they don't I know to give up hope and move on to other racing games. Plus I'd imagine a refund is more likely to happen the sooner you can ask for it. And if they cannot fix it I can try to get that money back in my pocket asap.

Is it not fair to want to know if my money was wasted or if it still has the potential for a decent return? I feel like that's a reasonable request.

The money is burnt either way. We all gave a loan AGAIN to SMS without any equivalent and we all won't see any valuable payback in my opinion. Until today, 7 month after release, there's nothing working properly. Really no game mode without any issues.
Do you really expect a change for the better? Then have a look at Pcars1. Exactly the same story, the same shameless exaggerated promises, the same bad try to adapt a way too resource hungry PC game to the console, the same way to fix/break the game.

Maybe the intentions were meant in a great way, the adaption is the opposite.

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 18:20
How are you going about that? I'm down.

I wrote Namco-Bandai europe a formal email, we'll see how it shakes out.

Edit : Overall, I'm tired (as in mental fatigue) of all these issues but also tired of how they are (not) handled and how the flow of communication has been going for the last few months.

rrusso
30-04-2018, 18:33
I like consoles....more than PC...one of the reasons that i bought an Xbox One X is to play PCars 2 better

But the MP issues let everyone down....and like is saying...lack of communication...5 patches and 0 notes about MP problems....

I know and i believe Konan report the main issues that is written here...im just not sure about what SMS do with this information

Sad....

bluesky0870
30-04-2018, 18:50
I like consoles....more than PC...one of the reasons that i bought an Xbox One X is to play PCars 2 better

But the MP issues let everyone down....and like is saying...lack of communication...5 patches and 0 notes about MP problems....

I know and i believe Konan report the main issues that is written here...im just not sure about what SMS do with this information

Sad....

Konan is the poor guy who gets the full load of our frustration and has to calm us down. His part really isn't enviable and for him personally l feel sorry.

Konan
30-04-2018, 19:07
Konan is the poor guy who gets the full load of our frustration and has to calm us down. His part really isn't enviable and for him personally l feel sorry.

Don't worry about it mate...but thanks nonetheless ;)

bluesky0870
30-04-2018, 19:18
Don't worry about it mate...but thanks nonetheless ;)

It is really admirable. If I were you I don't know how long I would have done that "job".

Konan
30-04-2018, 19:20
It is really admirable. If I were you I don't know how long I would have done that "job".

I do a lot of re-reading and editing before finally clicking "post quick reply" LOL

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 19:24

If I were him, I'd be mad at sms for hanging me out to dry in support of such a shoddy product.

I cannot fathom how he does it day after day. To know that you are the scape goat for a company, he has a stronger character than mine.

RookieRaceline
30-04-2018, 19:47
A list of issues that have been reported would be a huge improvement imo

Konan
30-04-2018, 20:00
If I were him, I'd be mad at sms for hanging me out to dry in support of such a shoddy product.

I cannot fathom how he does it day after day. To know that you are the scape goat for a company, he has a stronger character than mine.

I'm not the scape goat though...at least i don't feel like one.
And it's not a shoddy product either...
I agree that Xbox OG people have drawn the short stick for now but that doesn't mean it wont change in future...
I'm just a gamer like you guys and i do understand your grieves.
As for defending SMS...i would do that for anyone who got treated like they are sometimes.

rrusso
30-04-2018, 20:02
I think SMS should focus in try to FIX this MP issues

And us should also focus on that

I know that theres some other issues in gameplay...but a game like this is essential and crucial that MP works properly

bluesky0870
30-04-2018, 20:16
I think SMS should focus in try to FIX this MP issues

And us should also focus on that

I know that theres some other issues in gameplay...but a game like this is essential and crucial that MP works properly

They better start to fix the basics of the game (ok, they are trying for many years now with more or less success), and that is the steering of a car. The most elementary at all. Even the best multiplayer is useless when a car is shaky, whacky and behaving like on ice. Not to mention all the countless steering device issues like wheel shaking, loss of FFB and so on or the controller being way too sensitive.

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 20:59
I'm not the scape goat though...at least i don't feel like one...

That's really all that matters. Don't matter what anyone else thinks, because no one else has to walk in your shoes.

And we'll just have to agree to disagree on if the product is shoddy or not.

chappers2711
01-05-2018, 06:19
What has to be understood is it is now accepted that the game was released way too early. this was because of competition from Forza and even GT. But it took three patches for the game to be most functional which is kinda unacceptable for a game which cost most people £40-£50.

We are now 7-8 months and 5 patches in and we are down ton three major, game breaking issues which we have been given no news or word on if they will ever be fixed.

FFB issue noted for a long time. I don't use a wheel so I cannot comment but a quick look through the forum provides what the issues are. This is considered game breaking because are trying to use a wheel which is not providing the responses they need to enjoy the game

We have the online connectivity issue. This is game breaking because the game was actually advertised as being designed for eSports and online racing however from what I have read (II am not an online gamer) the online features are useless, with lobbies crashing, in race physics being poor and championships being pointless to run. Again a glance through the forum tells you what you need with these issues.

Then there is my issue. I am a big Indycar fan and for us to finally have a game for the series was exciting. I spent my money based on the idea of spending hours driving an Indycar. Sadly I have been shortchanged because of the steering/physics issue on ovals which again has been reported and I am happy to report again. This is game breaking because you cannot actually complete the single player career mode as ovals are undrivable because of the field size.

All three of these issues ruin the game completely for the users. I think after all this time we deserve some answers from the devs. They might be aware of these issues and may even be working of trying to fix them but at this stage we are losing faith that they even care now they have our money in their pockets. I find it offensive they are trying to force DLC don our throats for a game they cannot even get to work in the first instance.

sas5320
01-05-2018, 13:31
Hopefully we will not hear the name Bandai associated with this franchise again. The team should have been funded 3-6 more months to improve launch day quality and avoid the commercial vortex of GTS/FM7/FIFA. Putting a buggy game out in that window was suicide. New God of War took 5 years, highest quality art cannot be rushed.

Konan
01-05-2018, 15:09
Curtousy of [ACR] Lewis:

I've found a way to guarantee that you get the disconnection issue (every time so far) - Swapping Xbox profiles while in game. if you use your main profile and open project cars, do some racing, then swap user to another XBL account you will get the glitch where the lobby doesn't load properly (the licenses don't show up etc) and won't connect. So 2x profiles on Pcars2 online is broken right now. Not many people do this, but we have 2 sim racers in 1 house here so it's been an easy one to find

chappers2711
02-05-2018, 06:29
Konan - what are the chances of getting one of the devs on here to try and alleviate some of our concerns. i accept the messages are passed on but at this point surely it would be more productive for one or more of them to speak in person regarding the major issues

Just Another Frog
02-05-2018, 17:29
Hopefully we will not hear the name Bandai associated with this franchise again. The team should have been funded 3-6 more months to improve launch day quality and avoid the commercial vortex of GTS/FM7/FIFA. Putting a buggy game out in that window was suicide. New God of War took 5 years, highest quality art cannot be rushed.

You can't really single out SMS because putting a buggy game out seems to be the popular trend with just about everyone nowadays. Half the problem is that it's way too easy to release a product and just fix things as you go along, with the other half being that people will always buy games regardless of release quality. In all honesty PCars 2 (bugs and all) gave me an awful lot of fun in the early days but when all is said and done I did purchase it in the hope that it would expand on PCars 1 in such a way that FMS7 wouldn't even be a consideration - something which it didn't really manage to do.

On a positive note, even though PCars 2 is firmly uninstalled (and destined never to return on my console) I do remain eternally grateful to SMS for the utterly brilliant Project Cars 1 and live in hope that one day they'll give it an X1X enhancement tweak. It kind of deserves it.

nissan4ever
03-05-2018, 01:47
Guess I've just lost interest in sim racing in general. I've only logged 6 hrs on PC2. Been months since I've booted it up as well. I've skipped the last 2 FM games. Despite the lack luster sales of PC2. If SMS do decide to make a PC3. I'll definitely be skipping it. I haven't even tried out patch 5.0 yet lol.

Konan
03-05-2018, 04:21
Guess I've just lost interest in sim racing in general. I've only logged 6 hrs on PC2. Been months since I've booted it up as well. I've skipped the last 2 FM games. Despite the lack luster sales of PC2. If SMS do decide to make a PC3. I'll definitely be skipping it. I haven't even tried out patch 5.0 yet lol.

Hmmm...you haven't tried patch 5.0 yet but of all the threads you could choose from to make your statement in you chose the "patch 5 discussion" one?

nissan4ever
03-05-2018, 07:03
Hmmm...you haven't tried patch 5.0 yet but of all the threads you could choose from to make your statement in you chose the "patch 5 discussion" one?

Yup, I sure did.

grrrillapmp
03-05-2018, 16:24
. If SMS do decide to make a PC3. I'll definitely be skipping it.

Can't see myself supporting anything sms does after these two project cars fiascos. Mad I was stupid enough to give then my money twice.

And I'm even more mad at myself for keeping hope alive. Never again.

Konan
03-05-2018, 16:27
Get the thread back on topic please...

Ofnir4
03-05-2018, 18:16
Get the thread back on topic please...

Is there anyway we can have a Dev come in here to tell a bit about the state of the game ? Or at least the roadmap specific to the OG xbox from now to the end of support ?

Patch 5 seems do be great on PC, short, vague changelog is a like a good surprise, on xbox vague patch notes feel more like a "oh no, what it is this time ?"

The topic is supposed to be the content of the patch, I'm trying not to be negative but that topic of discussion is very restrictive as issues not covered by the patch are legions.
Then you have issue brought on by the patch, so where is the line ? (genuine question)

grrrillapmp
03-05-2018, 18:30
I bet your request gets ignored...

Remember how they did the Nintendo wii project cars 1 supporters. Looks like it's our turn now.

rrusso
03-05-2018, 19:14
Like i said and repeat...fix MP disconnection issue is essential for console lovers believe in the game again

If SMS can't fix...okay so make dedicated servers avaiable for rent...just like Battlefield do....its not a total solution but will help a lot of players

Konan
03-05-2018, 20:06
The topic is supposed to be the content of the patch, I'm trying not to be negative but that topic of discussion is very restrictive as issues not covered by the patch are legions.
Then you have issue brought on by the patch, so where is the line ? (genuine question)

this topic is indeed about what's contained in the patch...for other issues there are suitable threads and if not a new thread can always be created...

Konan
03-05-2018, 20:10
I bet your request gets ignored...

Remember how they did the Nintendo wii project cars 1 supporters. Looks like it's our turn now.

Could you quit the negativity please...you're not contributing anything like this rather than making people even more hesitant to answer...

grrrillapmp
04-05-2018, 12:15
Could you quit the negativity please...you're not contributing anything like this rather than making people even more hesitant to answer...

Yeah, I'm why everyone in the Xbox section is getting the shaft from sms.

C'mon Konan, you really believe that?

And you can see it as negativity, but the bottom line is I'm posting facts.

Not to mention, when questions are asked in a positive and constructive way they are ignored.

So it doesn't really matter if we bring our problems with positivity or negativity we are still being ignored.

Hell, I posted a thread asking about the wheel shake that you yourself locked because I asked the same (unanswered) question before.

So negativity is ignored, positivity is ignored, and when our genuine questions are ignored forcing us to ask again our threads are locked.

So I'm genuinely asking you, what exactly are we supposed to do? Because it seems like anything except blind praise for a sub par product is frowned upon

And as it stands, yes, his request is being ignored. Hell, you didn't even include that part of his post in your quote, even telling him "no" is better than ignoring it. Hell even an "I don't know" is more respectful than pretending he didn't even ask.

Hammerpgh
04-05-2018, 13:10
this topic is indeed about what's contained in the patch...for other issues there are suitable threads and if not a new thread can always be created...

Is there a definitive list of what was included in the patch as the release notes are very limited in what it contained and I understand the reasoning behind that but without knowing fully what the patch included it's very difficult to make accurate comments on it. If we know what has been included we can provide feedback as to whether it's worked or any other problems around it.

Not trying to be funny about it or anything I just think all round it's better, we are aware what's fixed and can provide feedback to the devs about whether the patch has done what it was meant to do.

For me based on what I know the patch has made a very big difference overall, multiplayer is more stable but admittedly I have only been in fairly small lobbies and I understand larger lobbies are still a big problem, FFB in the main seems more consistent but still prone to drop out at the start of online sessions for me and after accessing the replay facililty. But I haven't experienced many major problems recently just some little inconsistencies and annoyances but I am still only scratching the surface of the game at the moment.

Ofnir4
04-05-2018, 13:35
And as it stands, yes, his request is being ignored. Hell, you didn't even include that part of his post in your quote, even telling him "no" is better than ignoring it. Hell even an "I don't know" is more respectful than pretending he didn't even ask.

Oh don't worry, Konan knows what I want, I've been going at it like a goldfish with Alzeihmer's disease, never stopping, I must have a least 10 posts that looks and read the same "I need an official responses, the game is in a terrible state".

And he's not the only one, I seem to recall Mahjik saying he would try to dip his toes in Dev's water to see what they could say. Haven't had a answer since, so if anything the mods are just messengers (and you don't shoot the messengers) and they are told to stay tight-lipped or they themselves don't get the answers to our questions.

Aaaand we are off topic again. But as Hammerpgh said, we DO need more detailed patch notes as much as as any other version. We are in the quick sands and we are thrown a Schrodinger rope it is and not fixed at the same time, we can only know once we bump into that issue, then we know if we drown or get pulled out. I'd like my rope a bit more tangible, existing and with less probability to not exist at all.

Konan
04-05-2018, 16:27
Hell, I posted a thread asking about the wheel shake that you yourself locked because I asked the same (unanswered) question before.

My point was that this is not the thread for what you guys are discussing/asking.
Your thread was indeed closed because you asked the same thing in another thread you opened yourself but that was only one reason...the second reason was you lashing at people who were only trying to help.

chappers2711
04-05-2018, 18:51
to try and get things back on track,

konan please can we get some time with some of the devs to try and clear away the major issues we still have with a game we have paid our hard earned money for (or at least i did).

I understand the concern that if they appear they might be flooded with complaints and anger potentially but perhaps it could be a closed off discussion with strict rules - such as anyone trying to cause problems gets banned etc. Surely at this stage of the games life we have earned the right to a working game. I don't think it is an unreasonable request all things considered

Konan
04-05-2018, 18:53
to try and get things back on track,

konan please can we get some time with some of the devs to try and clear away the major issues we still have with a game we have paid our hard earned money for (or at least i did).

I understand the concern that if they appear they might be flooded with complaints and anger potentially but perhaps it could be a closed off discussion with strict rules - such as anyone trying to cause problems gets banned etc. Surely at this stage of the games life we have earned the right to a working game. I don't think it is an unreasonable request all things considered

That is not up to me to decide..i can't just PM a dev to ask the question...

grrrillapmp
04-05-2018, 19:16
My point was that this is not the thread for what you guys are discussing/asking.
Your thread was indeed closed because you asked the same thing in another thread you opened yourself but that was only one reason...the second reason was you lashing at people who were only trying to help.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62983-Is-the-wheel-shake-here-to-stay-Any-official-word-on-a-fix-or-something

C'mon Konan, you know I didn't lash out at anyone in that thread. If you disagree please pm the lash out so we can be in the same page and no longer detail this thread.

Also no one in that thread was offering any help at all. I offered up video just like you guys request and everything. Guess what I got...ignored.

grrrillapmp
04-05-2018, 19:20
Also, so the devs know what you go thru here konan? Why do they continuously send you out to the wolves with nothing to fend us off?

Konan
04-05-2018, 19:30
They don't send me out...i am here purely by my own will ...guess i'm a masochist :p

Konan
04-05-2018, 19:35
C'mon Konan, you know I didn't lash out at anyone in that thread

Just re-read it and you are right on that one...i apologise

Ofnir4
04-05-2018, 19:35
They don't send me out...i am here purely by my own will ...guess i'm a masochist :p

You must be. :p

Since your an inside man, what is the best recourse ? PM straight to Andy Garton ?

Konan
04-05-2018, 19:37
You must be. :p

Since your an inside man, what is the best recourse ? PM straight to Andy Garton ?

I don't even know for sure if they accept PM's from everyone...

Ofnir4
04-05-2018, 19:51
I indeed can't reach him directly. I would have start a Chinese whispers game with either Nathan Bell or Jussi to get to Andy Garton. Which is not ideal, since they're busy on other things I imagine and that is not their jobs, passing along messages.

We have clearly established writing here is pointless, there is no climbing the ladder. So I'll ring Bandai again and see if a top-down approach proves more fruitful.

Konan
04-05-2018, 19:53
I can assure you though that plenty of devs read this thread...

Juiced46
04-05-2018, 20:03
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62983-Is-the-wheel-shake-here-to-stay-Any-official-word-on-a-fix-or-something

C'mon Konan, you know I didn't lash out at anyone in that thread. If you disagree please pm the lash out so we can be in the same page and no longer detail this thread.

Also no one in that thread was offering any help at all. I offered up video just like you guys request and everything. Guess what I got...ignored.

Actually, valid questions were asked in your original thread 2 days ago which you have still not answered. Without details and willingness to help and try recommendations. What do you want?

Ofnir4
04-05-2018, 20:12
I can assure you though that plenty of devs read this thread...

That just gives more weight to the "being ignored" stance and I'm not looking for any more proof of that, I'm drowning in it.

Reading is one thing, I can read things and not adsorb any information from it, reading, passing along the information or acknowledging the information is another entirely, closer to my goal.

That may seem harsh, but I'm not looking for a talk with a subordinate, I'm looking for the guy/gal that makes decisions impacting our issues, the people working for him/her are just unnecessary intermediary of which I would like to steer clear of to have a better straight forward flow of communication. That person looks a lot like Andy Garton to me. (Stephen Viljoen may have more of a overseer, managerial role with less "hands-on" knowledge.)

I'm basically doing detective work to get answers about a product for which I'm a consumer, working difference angles to get to the same conclusion.
Good cop-bad cop doesn't seem to be have effective and I don't want to have to cross a line with no return by doing bad cop-worst cop. I need a hand here.

grrrillapmp
04-05-2018, 20:35
Actually, valid questions were asked in your original thread 2 days ago which you have still not answered. Without details and willingness to help and try recommendations. What do you want?

Nope. Any question asked of me was answered. So say you didn't see it, don't say I didn't answer.

And even if I didn't answer, which I did, how I'ma answer questions in a locked thread?

Juiced46
04-05-2018, 23:13
Nope. Any question asked of me was answered. So say you didn't see it, don't say I didn't answer.

And even if I didn't answer, which I did, how I'ma answer questions in a locked thread?

Now you are just being ignorant.

I clearly said in your original thread. Not your locked thread which was a crap version of your original with zero details.

You didnt answer the question because my reply is still the most recent which was 5/2.

You didnt answer, you are just being difficult right now. People are trying to help you and you are being negative to everyone.

Juiced46
04-05-2018, 23:15

Try again.....

grrrillapmp
07-05-2018, 13:07
I've already given up on that so I didn't see it. So you are right. I am wrong.

Also salute to you for all the testing you do and info you provide to others. No way I have the patience to still be testing a game released so long ago.

jleath2834
13-05-2018, 20:28
How do I download this update? Which screen do I need to go to?

Tank621
13-05-2018, 20:38
How do I download this update? Which screen do I need to go to?

Check the "manage game" tab, but it should have probably auto updated when it came out, It has been quite a while since it released

julia-6
17-05-2018, 20:01
Frustrating stuff.

I miss the old days of PC gaming when you saved the patches to your HD and could simply uninstall the game and install the patch you wanted. I have the 1X. The game behaved perfectly after I bought the 1X with a field of 25 or more cars. I could go from testing to driving in a custom race with a full field with all weather conditions without a problem. Since patch 5 not the case. Since patch 5 going from practice to the race the tires go like driving on ice. Don't give me the BS that the track was "rubbered" in the practice session. The skating effect doesn't affect the AI except on Brno. Also, another head scratcher, the set ups I create in practice work fine in Time Trial.

Last night I spent 3 hrs making a set up for Willow Springs with a 911 GTE. Willow Springs is tricky because the track chews up the left front tires and builds up tire pressure unevenly. It takes about 6 laps to see where your pressures max. I got the tires to stabilize at 1.75 bar all the way around on hard slicks. I didn't want to mess with that. It also requires asymmetrical camber setups for those long sweeping turns. 0.05 bar shouldn't make any difference. I found if I went up in pressure one tick the tires were overpressured and the car got a little twitchy.

Started the race: 25 AI cars - remember this is the 1X not the OX1. Same date, ToD and conditions as the practice. Spun out on turn one. Spun a few turns later. Lots of understeer. Went from hard slicks to softs. That helped, but still had a lot of understeer problems that weren't there in the practice. It's supposed to be able to handle this stuff. It handled it fine in Patch 4. After about 12 restarts where the car wouldn't stay on the track last night I finally gave up and turned on Stability Control and raced. It behaved like it did in practice and like it used to in Patch 4. If I could I'd roll back to Patch 4. But this is the XBox 1X, and you must stay current on the patches.

It seems like everytime they fix something, something that was fixed gets broken elsewhere. Or they add something that puts too much strain on the processing capacity of the consoles. Face it. This is a port from the PC. Due to the degradation of performance it is obvious that SMS has been adding to the PC version and porting the patches to the consoles from that. Perhaps it would be a better idea to take into account that the consoles might not be able to handle all of the features that the PC version can handle and leave those features out of the console version of the patches. I'd prefer running authentic assists for races, but apparently the console won't let me.

Hammerpgh
17-05-2018, 20:32
Frustrating stuff.

I miss the old days of PC gaming when you saved the patches to your HD and could simply uninstall the game and install the patch you wanted. I have the 1X. The game behaved perfectly after I bought the 1X with a field of 25 or more cars. I could go from testing to driving in a custom race with a full field with all weather conditions without a problem. Since patch 5 not the case. Since patch 5 going from practice to the race the tires go like driving on ice. Don't give me the BS that the track was "rubbered" in the practice session. The skating effect doesn't affect the AI except on Brno. Also, another head scratcher, the set ups I create in practice work fine in Time Trial.

Last night I spent 3 hrs making a set up for Willow Springs with a 911 GTE. Willow Springs is tricky because the track chews up the left front tires and builds up tire pressure unevenly. It takes about 6 laps to see where your pressures max. I got the tires to stabilize at 1.75 bar all the way around on hard slicks. I didn't want to mess with that. It also requires asymmetrical camber setups for those long sweeping turns. 0.05 bar shouldn't make any difference. I found if I went up in pressure one tick the tires were overpressured and the car got a little twitchy.

Started the race: 25 AI cars - remember this is the 1X not the OX1. Same date, ToD and conditions as the practice. Spun out on turn one. Spun a few turns later. Lots of understeer. Went from hard slicks to softs. That helped, but still had a lot of understeer problems that weren't there in the practice. It's supposed to be able to handle this stuff. It handled it fine in Patch 4. After about 12 restarts where the car wouldn't stay on the track last night I finally gave up and turned on Stability Control and raced. It behaved like it did in practice and like it used to in Patch 4. If I could I'd roll back to Patch 4. But this is the XBox 1X, and you must stay current on the patches.

It seems like everytime they fix something, something that was fixed gets broken elsewhere. Or they add something that puts too much strain on the processing capacity of the consoles. Face it. This is a port from the PC. Due to the degradation of performance it is obvious that SMS has been adding to the PC version and porting the patches to the consoles from that. Perhaps it would be a better idea to take into account that the consoles might not be able to handle all of the features that the PC version can handle and leave those features out of the console version of the patches. I'd prefer running authentic assists for races, but apparently the console won't let me.

This is a real concern to hear as I thought the One X resolved these very issues. It's so confusing to hear how for one person the X is a massive difference and improvement while for another they seem to experience the same problems as others do on the vanilla One. This break down in the physics you mention in your post is exactly what myself and the guys I race with who are on the One experienced last night as you can see from my post here:-

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63233-Problems-Due-to-Multiplayer-Issues-or-an-Xbox-One-Limitation

julia-6
17-05-2018, 23:06
This is a real concern to hear as I thought the One X resolved these very issues. It's so confusing to hear how for one person the X is a massive difference and improvement while for another they seem to experience the same problems as others do on the vanilla One. This break down in the physics you mention in your post is exactly what myself and the guys I race with who are on the One experienced last night as you can see from my post here:-

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63233-Problems-Due-to-Multiplayer-Issues-or-an-Xbox-One-Limitation

I replied to your post.

Also my game took major frame rate hits every time an AI car pitted, however this did not show up in the replay. This didn't used to happen before Patch 5. Note: I had only medium cloud set for weather. Dynamic time set at 10X. Penalties: On; Track Limits: On. Other penalties off. Damage Off. Tire and fuel consumption on. This should not have strained the XB1X

I am curious as to why Patch 4 worked better on console.

It should also be noted that XBox Live had an update as well. The last time this happened, it coincided with Patch 3 and really messed up things on the OXBox1 with PC2 to the point where the game became unplayable. It was then I bought the XB1X. The game was great until I think this last week.

It should be noted that the XBL dashboard crap is active all the time regardless of if you're using it. Like Windows, every update is pretty much bloatware. They added a "feature" that makes a fancy new alert sound every time someone logs on. Maybe this is the culprit. I don't know.

Ofnir4
18-05-2018, 11:15
Don't worry, someone will come here and tell you it's hardware limitation, just like the OG box. (That is sarcasm, just in case)

If a 500€ "upgrade" gives you 6 more AI cars and a few more guys online (16 instead of 13), there is something seriously f*cked up about our versions, regardless of any potential hardware limitations.

If a OS update that has yet to break a single game on any xbox can break PC2 over and over again, it's not the hardware or the OS at fault, this one is on SMS.

Konan
18-05-2018, 20:00
Don't worry, someone will come here and tell you it's hardware limitation, just like the OG box. (That is sarcasm, just in case)

If a 500€ "upgrade" gives you 6 more AI cars and a few more guys online (16 instead of 13), there is something seriously f*cked up about our versions, regardless of any potential hardware limitations.

If a OS update that has yet to break a single game on any xbox can break PC2 over and over again, it's not the hardware or the OS at fault, this one is on SMS.

No offence mate but there were issues with a patch on the PS4 AFTER Sony released a patch itself...
So IMO when a project CARS2 patch is doing what it's supposed to do and it gets screwed up after a system patch i don't think SMS is at fault...

Ofnir4
19-05-2018, 03:20
No offence mate but there were issues with a patch on the PS4 AFTER Sony released a patch itself...
So IMO when a project CARS2 patch is doing what it's supposed to do and it gets screwed up after a system patch i don't think SMS is at fault...

Well to be honest Sony has a history of poor/porous testing for their updates for both the OS and game updates, it wouldn't to a stretch to say they can break games. Microsoft is a bit slower but less issues seem to go through the net. We saw that last patch. Microsoft certainly won't push another update to fix one game but can potentially negatively impact countless others.

And that IF it's coming from that. Maybe SMS can work around it, don't know, don't really mind, we have so many issues, one more can't kill us right ? We may even be at a point where the more issues the better so it can become so big it can't be ignored.

I'm sorry to hear the X refugees who paid to get away from the massively long list of issues still got caught in the tidal wave of doom, but at least we are all fighting the same good fight.
Welcome back to the Xbox experience, I'll be your guide, call me Post-vietnam grumpy Lieutenant Dan.

julia-6
20-05-2018, 22:29

I agree. I just think that SMS needs to know about it so that they can fix it for patch 6 so we can have three months of decent racing until MS screws it up again with another useless system update. Really, Microsoft, we needed that "feature" for all the XBox1 exclusives. (/sarcasm)

Juiced46
20-05-2018, 22:39
I agree. I just think that SMS needs to know about it so that they can fix it for patch 6 so we can have three months of decent racing until MS screws it up again with another useless system update. Really, Microsoft, we needed that "feature" for all the XBox1 exclusives. (/sarcasm)

I have yet to notice any difference with Patch 5 pre and Post MS Dashboard update. What other issues are you having?? IMO Patch 5 is working the best out of all of them for me so far.

rich1e I
23-05-2018, 21:11
I hadn't driven this car before but at the moment there's no engine sound when driving the vintage indycar Lotus 56.

Tank621
23-05-2018, 21:24
I hadn't driven this car before but at the moment there's no engine sound when driving the vintage indycar Lotus 56.

It's powered by a turbine engine, the sound should be just like a whining noise

rich1e I
23-05-2018, 21:33
It's powered by a turbine engine, the sound should be just like a whining noise

Oh is it? In-game info says 4.4L twin turbo so I was expecting some kind of engine sound. I actually can only hear the wind, no whining noise like in a Formula E car.

Edit: I turned up the volume a little bit and yeah, you're right, I can hear a turbine sound.

Tank621
23-05-2018, 21:41
Oh is it? In-game info says 4.4L twin turbo so I was expecting some kind of engine sound. I actually can only hear the wind, no whining noise like in a Formula E car.

Yeah it's not very loud, here's a video of it at Goodwood to demonstarte this:

It is a fascinating car, I would highly recommend having a look at the history of the lotus 56

http://youtu.be/vTz8hEEJHOQ

rich1e I
23-05-2018, 21:44

It is a fascinating car, I would highly recommend having a look at the history of the lotus 56

Edited my post above. Didn't know this. Thanks for clarification! Cool video btw :D

Konan
23-05-2018, 21:54

Tank to the rescue as always....thanks mate :cool:

Tank621
23-05-2018, 21:54
Edited my post above. Didn't know this. Thanks for clarification! Cool video btw :D

Yeah there are a fair few videos of it, came very close to winning the Indy 500 in 1968 before breaking down and was developed into a Formula 1 car (Lotus 56B)

Tank621
23-05-2018, 21:59
Tank to the rescue as always....thanks mate :cool:

You know me, always happy to help, especially when it concerns something historical

Got to use my brains databank of random historical vehicles for something :D

Konan
23-05-2018, 22:01
You know me, always happy to help, especially when it concerns something historical

Got to use my brains databank of random historical vehicles for something :D

yeah with a little imagination that car actually looks like a tank...LOL

rich1e I
23-05-2018, 22:06
...or more like a spatula :p without meaning it disparaging ofc

Bavarian Turbo
04-06-2018, 04:21
Patch 6 is online on XBox

Konan
04-06-2018, 04:40
Patch 6 is online on XBox

Screenshot?

Bavarian Turbo
04-06-2018, 05:01
Screenshot?

sorry I am already at work, the patch is 3.86 GB in size and the game version 6 is displayed, I'm not lying

Konan
04-06-2018, 05:06
sorry I am already at work, the patch is 3.86 GB in size and the game version 6 is displayed, I'm not lying

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63500-Update!

skcusIHC
04-06-2018, 05:08
Can confirm. Downloading it now. 3.86 GB. It's just after mid-night my time (USA). Odd time for a release.

Konan
04-06-2018, 05:26
Discussion thread

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63502-XB1-Patch-6-0-discussion-thread

breyzipp
04-06-2018, 06:45
Downloading this as well, but I gotta hurry to work soon so I canít check anything out.

3.86 GB patch on Xbox One X.

No Le Mans DLC yet on the Microsoft Xbox store.

rrusso
21-11-2018, 13:28

"Bus car" = steering ratio issue when using default setups.

Hi guys

This bug is back in Xbox...i think after last patch

Please report the devs to fix this ASAP