PDA

View Full Version : Need serious help after patch 5.0

LukeC1991
13-04-2018, 16:11
I posted about this in the patch 5.0 discussion thread but after trying a couple of things I'm having the same problems. Every time I try to load my list of saved car setups the game freezes, makes that horrible sound and crashes to dashboard. I've tried hard reseting my console, I even just un installed the game and re installed it. Still getting the problem. For me, this makes the game completely un playable. Any suggestions on what to do because I am really at a loss and so frustrated as the game ran perfectly for me with patch 4.0.

Edit: I just tried pressing 'load setup' on a car that I have no setups saved for so it just brings up the loose and stable ones to select, the game didn't freeze. I altered the stable setup slightly and saved it just for a test, it saved fine but then when I press load setup again the game crashes. Is it possible that my save file has some how become corrupted after downloading the new patch? I turned my internet connection off and the problem goes away.

Narly Boy
13-04-2018, 17:24
Same issue for me, can’t use any online features without game crashing. Works fine for Custom races or practice but crashes to dashboard on starting Time Trial or Online Races! Had no issues previously with other patches. Tried deleting and reinstalling, deleting local saved data, multiple resets, all to no avail.....
Please fix this ASAP as can not play anymore and have weekly championships to join.

LukeC1991
13-04-2018, 17:41
Same issue for me, can’t use any online features without game crashing. Works fine for Custom races or practice but crashes to dashboard on starting Time Trial or Online Races! Had no issues previously with other patches. Tried deleting and reinstalling, deleting local saved data, multiple resets, all to no avail.....
Please fix this ASAP as can not play anymore and have weekly championships to join.

Just tried time trial and the game crashed not long after I started driving. Seems like we both have the exact same problem. Unfortunately we will be waiting months now for the next patch to fix this, if it even gets fixed at all :(

Konan
13-04-2018, 17:51
I reported it...

LukeC1991
13-04-2018, 17:54
I reported it...

Good to know :)

RapidDemon
14-04-2018, 00:58
Same for me. Crashes soon after launching Time Trial. The last car I used was the new 488, however when I enter it shows a Chevy as my last used vehicle. I suspect it has something to do with those of us unfortunate enough to take the 488 for spin.

Konan
14-04-2018, 05:08
Same for me. Crashes soon after launching Time Trial. The last car I used was the new 488, however when I enter it shows a Chevy as my last used vehicle. I suspect it has something to do with those of us unfortunate enough to take the 488 for spin.

Could be yes...any further info from other users would be very welcomed...
Did the crashen happen after using the 488?

gmspromo
14-04-2018, 07:15
Could be yes...any further info from other users would be very welcomed...
Did the crashen happen after using the 488?

Exactly the same issues here ... after installing patch 1.5 on the xbox one, the first thing I did was try out the Ferrari 488 on one of the new Leipzig layouts and apart from the force feedback on my Logitech G920 feeling VERY floaty all was well .... until I then went into time trial and it crashed to the dashboard. I tried three times in completely different cars at completely different tracks and the same thing happened!
I then gave up and went to try online multiplayer ... I managed to join a lobby but when the track attempted to load it made the stupid old modem loading noise and crashed to dashboard again. The game is currently borked for me completely as I tried again this morning and it's still happening ...

Konan
14-04-2018, 07:21
Thanks for the report...that doesn't prove it's 488 related though unfortunatilly...
What would really help is if users didn't have the issues after downloading the patch and before using the 488. (IF it is in fact related to that)

gmspromo
14-04-2018, 07:47
Thanks for the report...that doesn't prove it's 488 related though unfortunatilly...
What would really help is if users didn't have the issues after downloading the patch and before using the 488. (IF it is in fact related to that)

I'm not saying it is the 488 ... perhaps the others have driven the new Leipzig variants (?) ... do the others with issues use a wheel or controller? (I'm using the Logitech G920 as stated above) ... all I'm saying is the Ferrari 488 is literally the only car I drove before the crashing began. Attempting to use the Mercedes CLK-LM around Imola after driving the Ferrari is when the crashing started and now time-trial and online multiplayer doesn't work at all for me without crashing now.
I'm just trying to provide as much detail as I can ...

bake73
14-04-2018, 07:51
I've never used the 488 and it crashes on time trial every time.
I can play career fine but as soon as i go on time trial it crashes.
Xbox one x with a pad.

Konan
14-04-2018, 07:55
I'm not saying it is the 488 ... perhaps the others have driven the new Leipzig variants (?) ... do the others with issues use a wheel or controller? (I'm using the Logitech G920 as stated above) ... all I'm saying is the Ferrari 488 is literally the only car I drove before the crashing began. Attempting to use the Mercedes CLK-LM around Imola after driving the Ferrari is when the crashing started and now time-trial and online multiplayer doesn't work at all for me without crashing now.
I'm just trying to provide as much detail as I can ...

Yes of course...sorry if i sounded ungrateful because that really wasn't my intention.
It's really appreciated to give as much details as possible (like you did) to narrow this down...
I only wanted to verify if it indeed is 488 related (which has now become very doubtful)
My apologies if it came off the wrong way...

bake73
14-04-2018, 07:58
I forgot to add with the previous patch it didn't crash in time trial but i've only owned pc2 on the xbox for 1 week.
I have all the dlc.

Just Another Frog
14-04-2018, 09:29
Yeah, same here. Just tried launching Formula C / Mazda Laguna time trial and it crashes to dashboard at around 40% loading.
Just a simple black screen crash (no noises or anything)

X1X - Controller - Haven't driven that Ferrari

Zaskarspants
14-04-2018, 09:50
Time trials is working fine for me.
Xbx, g920.

Forumula C / Mazda Laguna - ok
Ferrari GTO 288 / Oulton long - ok
Ferrari 288 (na) / RBR - ok
Lotus 49 / Long Beach - ok
ktm x- bow / Nurb GP - ok
Hurracan ST / Osterlacken - ok
Marek 219d / Leipzig long - ok
Honda Indy / Rouen les Essarts - ok.

All ok here.

edit - this was with a ' cold' xbx, now I will try loading tt after other activities in game and post results later.

Just Another Frog
14-04-2018, 12:12
Time trials is working fine for me.
Xbx, g920.

Forumula C / Mazda Laguna - ok
Ferrari GTO 288 / Oulton long - ok
Ferrari 288 (na) / RBR - ok
Lotus 49 / Long Beach - ok
ktm x- bow / Nurb GP - ok
Hurracan ST / Osterlacken - ok
Marek 219d / Leipzig long - ok
Honda Indy / Rouen les Essarts - ok.

All ok here.

edit - this was with a ' cold' xbx, now I will try loading tt after other activities in game and post results later.

I've just tried a cold restart and it does exactly the same as before but this time there was a 'jiggly' screen crash and that hard to describe noise (reminds me of a zx spectrum border - noise and appearance - when a game is loading)

RapidDemon
14-04-2018, 13:23

For clarity I’ll explain what happened. Installed patch, went to Time Trial and tried the 488 around Brands and Barcelona. Changed to a different car, few more laps. Quit Time Trial, went to quick race and did a 3 lap race in the new 488EU. Back to Time Trial, selected 488US and did a couple more laps of Barcelona. Quit game.

Next day, booted game, noticed last used quick race car wasn’t the 488,but a McLaren. Went into Time Trial, again noticed last used car had changed to a Chevy, 5 seconds later game crashes to dash.

Relaunch. Into time trial, try to quickly change car, crash. Try again, this time try to change track, crash. Once more, this time I just pressed start Time Trial quickly and it loads fine. Quit time trial, game crashes.

Due to my last used cars being different I have to suspect it’s a patch issue. However I can use the 488’s fine in a race. Only seems to be affecting TT Mode.

*edit* Just to note, the Chevy that was shown as my last used car is one I don’t remember ever driving. It seemed to be just a random selection.

Konan
14-04-2018, 13:39
Forwarded...

ShneebnaMRR108
14-04-2018, 15:03
For me...
1.5 worked for a week.
Issue started FRI night around 11PM EST
Never have used new tracks or 488
As soon as I go to Community Events, it CTD
If I load a race mode it will run with the auto-loaded set up. BUT, if I try to select a set up from my list, then CTD.
As noted above, probably a server issue with access to data selection.

LukeC1991
14-04-2018, 16:07
My steps were:

Downloaded patch
Private testing in new Ferrari 488 at Imola (car felt really loose at the rear and had horrible under steer) although this might just be that car.
Exited private testing
When changing time and date etc in menus the game lagged when I pressed save and also when I pressed start (the game does this all the time now for me)
Loaded private testing in Nissan R89C also at Imola
Pressed load setup and as soon as my list of saved setups appears on screen the game freezes, makes that horrible sound and crashes to dashboard.

The game crashes anytime I press load setup on a car that I have previous setups saved for, it doesn't crash if I press load setup on a car with just stable and loose available. The game also crashes when in time trial, not too long after I start driving I get the same crash to dashboard. I haven't tried any online races though.

If i disconnect from Xbox Live I can load car setups no problems.

RapidDemon
14-04-2018, 16:48
I’ve been doing some private testing laps today, avoiding time trial. Thought I look again, fully expecting the game to crash as it was doing yesterday but to my surprise it didn’t. Picked a car, TT loaded and all seems to be working fine now.

I’ll report back if the issue reoccurs.

gmspromo
14-04-2018, 17:22
Iíve been doing some private testing laps today, avoiding time trial. Thought I look again, fully expecting the game to crash as it was doing yesterday but to my surprise it didnít. Picked a car, TT loaded and all seems to be working fine now.

Iíll report back if the issue reoccurs.

I was still having issues this morning ... I'll try again in a couple of hours and will also report any findings ...

ShneebnaMRR108
14-04-2018, 17:28
1:30 PM EST US
Still CTD as soon as I go into Comm Events, as soon as it grabs the time data it CTD.

gmspromo
14-04-2018, 19:26
1:30 PM EST US
Still CTD as soon as I go into Comm Events, as soon as it grabs the time data it CTD.

Yep, I'm still having problems ... this time all I was doing was flicking through the track selection screen in time trial and it crashed!
I'm wondering if the loading of peoples times or quite possibly xbox gamertag pictures has anything to do with it?? The gamer tags took ages to load prior to patch 5 (if they or the times loaded at all!) now I'm wondering if they attemping to load in the background even when starting a time trial/the track is loading, hence the crash at the track loading screen ....

LukeC1991
14-04-2018, 19:29
Yep, I'm still having problems ... this time all I was doing was flicking through the track selection screen in time trial and it crashed!
I'm wondering if the loading of peoples times or quite possibly xbox gamertag pictures has anything to do with it?? The gamer tags took ages to load prior to patch 5 (if they or the times loaded at all!) now I'm wondering if they attemping to load in the background even when starting a time trial/the track is loading, hence the crash at the track loading screen ....

Not a bad shout on the gamer pics, they appear too when loading a car setup so that could be causing the crash there too.

g.stew
14-04-2018, 22:10
For clarity Iíll explain what happened. Installed patch, went to Time Trial and tried the 488 around Brands and Barcelona. Changed to a different car, few more laps. Quit Time Trial, went to quick race and did a 3 lap race in the new 488EU. Back to Time Trial, selected 488US and did a couple more laps of Barcelona. Quit game.

Next day, booted game, noticed last used quick race car wasnít the 488,but a McLaren. Went into Time Trial, again noticed last used car had changed to a Chevy, 5 seconds later game crashes to dash.

Relaunch. Into time trial, try to quickly change car, crash. Try again, this time try to change track, crash. Once more, this time I just pressed start Time Trial quickly and it loads fine. Quit time trial, game crashes.

Due to my last used cars being different I have to suspect itís a patch issue. However I can use the 488ís fine in a race. Only seems to be affecting TT Mode.

*edit* Just to note, the Chevy that was shown as my last used car is one I donít remember ever driving. It seemed to be just a random selection.

Interesting, I haven't had the time trial crashing but I did have my last used car changed to the McLaren on custom race and my saved favorite races. I also had a Chevy on my practise session last used and I hadn't driven either of them. The funny thing is, this happened earlier in the week before the patch. Right before it happened, I had a message after exiting a session that my Xbox account had been logged out. I figured the changing of all the cars happened when it was unable to load my profile data.

So I'm wondering if this is profile related. That might explain time trial issues since it needs access to your profile because that's where your time trial ghosts and setups are actually stored. I have used time trials with no problem but I've also had a couple full system updates in the last week done last since I'm in in the preview fast-ring.

Has anyone tried removing their local profile data and resynching from the cloud to see if it helps. I'd experiment myself but I'm not having the time trial crashing issue. If anyone is interested, I can hunt down the instructions to do this.

g.stew
15-04-2018, 03:09
Interesting, I haven't had the time trial crashing but I did have my last used car changed to the McLaren on custom race and my saved favorite races. I also had a Chevy on my practise session last used and I hadn't driven either of them. The funny thing is, this happened earlier in the week before the patch. Right before it happened, I had a message after exiting a session that my Xbox account had been logged out. I figured the changing of all the cars happened when it was unable to load my profile data.

So I'm wondering if this is profile related. That might explain time trial issues since it needs access to your profile because that's where your time trial ghosts and setups are actually stored. I have used time trials with no problem but I've also had a couple full system updates in the last week done last since I'm in in the preview fast-ring.

Has anyone tried removing their local profile data and resynching from the cloud to see if it helps. I'd experiment myself but I'm not having the time trial crashing issue. If anyone is interested, I can hunt down the instructions to do this.

Ok, so after saying this, I go into time trial and try changing car or track and it crashes. I tried removing my local save and letting it copy from the cloud again and it didn't help.

The good news is, I may have a workaround. After doing it, I've been able to go into time trial with 5 different cars, 5 different tracks, and loaded both default setup and 2 of my saved setups on each car. That's in no way extensive, but it's enough to consider it's not a fluke and have others try it.

Workaround
note: I am on an xbox preview alpha build so my menu/setting names may be slightly different than yours

Go to your Xbox settings. On the Account menu, choose Privacy & online safety
Select Xbox Live privacy
Choose Custom and go to View details & customize
Select Game content
Under You can see and share content choose Block
If the game was running, restart it and try your time trials again

What this does: This will prevent others from seeing content you created like ghosts and time trials. If you have ever seen people on the time trial list with --- as their car and no ghost or setup, this is how they can do that.

After doing this and testing different cars and tracks, I went back to the settings and changed it back to what it was before (Everybody for me). I restarted the game again and time trials are still working. It's possible this doesn't actually do anything and it was just lucky that I stopped having the problem. It's also possible that doing this triggered some sort of refresh of the stored profile data that fixed whatever was causing the problem.

So I figure it can't hurt to have other people try it to see if it helps them. I'll continue to test it and reply if I have the problem again.

Konan
15-04-2018, 04:27
Workaround
note: I am on an xbox preview alpha build so my menu/setting names may be slightly different than yours

Select Xbox Live privacy
Select Game content

What this does: This will prevent others from seeing content you created like ghosts and time trials. If you have ever seen people on the time trial list with --- as their car and no ghost or setup, this is how they can do that.

After doing this and testing different cars and tracks, I went back to the settings and changed it back to what it was before (Everybody for me). I restarted the game again and time trials are still working. It's possible this doesn't actually do anything and it was just lucky that I stopped having the problem. It's also possible that doing this triggered some sort of refresh of the stored profile data that fixed whatever was causing the problem.

Could everyone who gives this a try please confirm if this is working?
If it does i'll put a reference to the post in the thread title and forward it to the devs...
Thanks for your intensive cooperation and patience @everyone.

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 08:24
Could everyone who gives this a try please confirm if this is working?
If it does i'll put a reference to the post in the thread title and forward it to the devs...
Thanks for your intensive cooperation and patience @everyone.

Tried the above workaround, I still can’t load can’t setups without the game crashing when connected to Xbox Live. Time trial appears to be ok now though.

Zaskarspants
15-04-2018, 09:38
I have no difficulty in loading my previous set ups.

For info, these are all my own set ups, I have never downloaded a ghost set up.

edit - I just noticed that there are some notes about connectivity possibly causing problems, my xbx is permanently connected and I very rarely get disconnects and suffered none during testing of this yesterday.

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 09:46
I have no difficulty in loading my previous set ups.

For info, these are all my own set ups, I have never downloaded a ghost set up.

Strange. I can’t load any setups. Whether they are downloaded or on a car that I only have my own saved.

Zaskarspants
15-04-2018, 09:53
Strange. I can’t load any setups. Whether they are downloaded or on a car that I only have my own saved.

Yea, sorry to hear that, I will try again today to provoke the issue. I have not yet tried loading an old set up during tt and will do so to provide more data.

My xbx has no external drives, drive half full, wifi connection, cold reboot each session, game running in HDR, no dloaded set ups.

Just Another Frog
15-04-2018, 11:15
Well yesterday I re enabled game DVR to make some Gravel clips and today time Trials is working.... Don't ask me - I have no idea!

I reckon it's a Friday 13th hoodoo that decided to hang around. The game is cursed.

Zaskarspants
15-04-2018, 12:20
Well yesterday I re enabled game DVR to make some Gravel clips and today time Trials is working.... Don't ask me - I have no idea!

I reckon it's a Friday 13th hoodoo that decided to hang around. The game is cursed.

It was suggested above that it may have been a connectivity / server issue, that may explain why it is ok now for you and why I didn't get the problem.

ShneebnaMRR108
15-04-2018, 13:19
9:00 AM EST us

Select Xbox Live privacy
Select Game content

Unfortunately, this did not work in my situation/s.
1. Tried TT, CTD within 5 sec of entering the TT menu.
2. Tried to view my profile, as soon as I entered "stats" within 5 sec it CTD.

Has anyone deleted whole game and save and tried that yet? Seems like a long shot, but... at this point anything is better than just staring at the MS dashboard game logo. LOL

Just Another Frog
15-04-2018, 14:41
Has anyone deleted whole game and save and tried that yet? Seems like a long shot, but... at this point anything is better than just staring at the MS dashboard game logo. LOL

No lol. I did a 100% restart on patch 4 and even tho reinstalling the game on disc is considerably quicker than a digital install i have zero desire to want to do it again. Next time it gets deleted (June 26th) it stays deleted :)

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 15:51

Your saved setups, have you been using these same setups since the 1st original patch version? Or were they new as of patch 3 or Patch 4 and now do not work with Patch 5? Reason being is, I believe when Patch 3 or maybe 4 released, it was stated to NOT use old save setups and to start over (unfortunately)

Can you create a NEW setup and go back in and load that NEW setup?

If reinstalling the game did not work, the only other thing left to do is delete your save data from the system AND cloud. You will lose everything though. I did this in Patch 4 and it fixed multiple issues for me.....

Konan
15-04-2018, 15:59
From someone on discord:

The issues I have with the game crashing back to Home or getting stuck in infinite loading generally happen when rushing into a menu (TT, edit setup etc) almost like I've tried to get into a menu section that isn't ready yet and it's caught the game unawares. If I wait 5 seconds it has never crashed on me.(edited)

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 16:10
Your saved setups, have you been using these same setups since the 1st original patch version? Or were they new as of patch 3 or Patch 4 and now do not work with Patch 5? Reason being is, I believe when Patch 3 or maybe 4 released, it was stated to NOT use old save setups and to start over (unfortunately)

Can you create a NEW setup and go back in and load that NEW setup?

If reinstalling the game did not work, the only other thing left to do is delete your save data from the system AND cloud. You will lose everything though. I did this in Patch 4 and it fixed multiple issues for me.....

Yeah some of the setups are ones I've been using since release. If I create a new setup I still can't load it. The game freezes as soon as my list of saved setups appears. There is absolutely no way I am ever going to delete my save file, sorry but I am not willing to lose all of my progress since release which includes countless car setups and I've just finished the Endurance Championship in tier 1 of career. Absolutely no way am I doing all of that again!

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 16:18
Yeah some of the setups are ones I've been using since release. If I create a new setup I still can't load it. The game freezes as soon as my list of saved setups appears. There is absolutely no way I am ever going to delete my save file, sorry but I am not willing to lose all of my progress since release which includes countless car setups and I've just finished the Endurance Championship in tier 6 of career. Absolutely no way am I doing all of that again!

WOW that is very strange. Something got corrupted somehow. I do not blame you on not wanting to delete the save profile.
Do you happen to have a 2nd Xbox Console, or maybe a friend that you can sign into your profile on their system just to test if it happens on their system? This way you can atleast narrow down if its a corrupt save (which it seems like) or a console issue.

Is the game installed internally on an external drive? If an external, have you tried moving the game and save to the internal?

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 16:24
WOW that is very strange. Something got corrupted somehow. I do not blame you on not wanting to delete the save profile.
Do you happen to have a 2nd Xbox Console, or maybe a friend that you can sign into your profile on their system just to test if it happens on their system? This way you can atleast narrow down if its a corrupt save (which it seems like) or a console issue.

Is the game installed internally on an external drive? If an external, have you tried moving the game and save to the internal?

The game is installed internally on my console. I do have an original Xbox One I can dig out and try it on there. Strange thing is that I can load all my old setups absolutely fine if I disconnect from Xbox Live.

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 16:30
The game is installed internally on my console. I do have an original Xbox One I can dig out and try it on there. Strange thing is that I can load all my old setups absolutely fine if I disconnect from Xbox Live.

That is bizarre, but that may actually be the clue as to what is going wrong.

If you disconnect from LIVE, the game is loading your saves from the console. If you are connected to live, it is loading it off of the cloud. Sounds like a corrupt cloud save. If you have a good save on the console. Delete the CLOUD save ONLY (i think you can do this). Then next time you are connected online, that save will upload to the cloud. Sounds like you may have shut the game off and the upload to the cloud did not go through properly for some reason and its causing a problem....

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 16:38

If you disconnect from LIVE, the game is loading your saves from the console. If you are connected to live, it is loading it off of the cloud. Sounds like a corrupt cloud save. If you have a good save on the console. Delete the CLOUD save ONLY (i think you can do this). Then next time you are connected online, that save will upload to the cloud. Sounds like you may have shut the game off and the upload to the cloud did not go through properly for some reason and its causing a problem....

Just gone into the manage game menu on my console and the options for the save file are delete from console and delete everywhere. Damn, thats annoying.

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 16:39
Just gone into the manage game menu on my console and the options for the save file are delete from console and delete everywhere. Damn, thats annoying.

DAMNIT! That really sucks....

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 16:49
So I just did a quick Google search on how to delete Xbox Cloud saves and it looks like its damn near impossible. It looks like the only "workaround" is to catch the Save while it is trying to "Sync" and cancel it during the Sync. Then you can manually choose the file you want to load then the new SYNC should overwrite the corrupt one.

This is a quote I found for people having similar issues with another title and what they did as their fix. Try at your own risk but I am not sure of any other options.

"First let me explain the real issue and the issue actually is not the save game data but the saved preference data that is most likely apart of the save game data but is just a part of it. I know I just confused you here but this is what you need to do.
First press the xbox guide button and navigate to the settings icon.
Second click settings and go to system and click storage.
Third Click clear local saved games and wait for Xbox to reboot.
Fourth load ESO up and immediately when the window pops up for syncing cloud data click cancel as fast as you can.
^Note: Sometimes the window does not come up and you will just freeze and if that happens repeat step four but wait 10-15 minutes before trying again.
Fifth After getting into the game world make sure you move around and use all options such as changing weapons,viewing weapons, and casting an ability (for technical reasons).
Sixth log-out and restart your console.
Seventh When you load back into the start menu it will tell you which cloud save data to use. USE THE NEWER ONE!! IT WILL SHOW THE CURRENT DATE YOU CREATED IT WHICH IS THE DATE YOU PERFORM THESE STEPS!!."

gmspromo
15-04-2018, 16:55

This has nothing to do with a corrupt cloud save ... If I'm having the same problem (and I'm STILL having this problem) and it's only started happening to me and others after Patch 1.5, it's Patch 1.5 causing the problem, end of story.
None of us should be having to delete save games or other such nonsense "in the hope" they fix issues. This is an SMS issue that needs addressing or at the very least an explanation. If I have to delete a save game to fix this issue, I'm deleting Project Cars 2 and will not be buying anything further in the series because the support is flaky at best, they keep faffing and changing tyre models and each patch arguably creates just as many issues as it actually fixes. Who needs this amount of hassle in a game I paid full price for, yet it keeps breaking ...

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 16:59
This has nothing to do with a corrupt cloud save ... If I'm having the same problem (and I'm STILL having this problem) and it's only started happening to me and others after Patch 1.5, it's Patch 1.5 causing the problem, end of story.
None of us should be having to delete save games or other such nonsense "in the hope" they fix issues. This is an SMS issue that needs addressing or at the very least an explanation. If I have to delete a save game to fix this issue, I'm deleting Project Cars 2 and will not be buying anything further in the series because the support is flaky at best, they keep faffing and changing tyre models and each patch arguably creates just as many issues as it actually fixes. Who needs this amount of hassle in a game I paid full price for, yet it keeps breaking ...

Can you confirm that you are having the same issues with loading car setups? I know there is loads of us having problems with the game crashing in time trial, but up to this point I thought I was the only one having problems loading car setups. On one hand I'm glad it's not just me and therefore won't be a corrupt save file, but on the other hand I sympathise with you, this issue really sucks.

gmspromo
15-04-2018, 17:03
Yes, you aren't the only one having issues with loading car setups .. it can't just be the two of us having this issue, there are probably loads of people but the problem is very few will even know this forum exists to report such issues ...

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 17:14

Ok, first off calm down.... I am just trying to give some suggestions.

I am not saying this is or isn't a patch issue. I completely understand after patch 5 people had this issue.

My concern here though is this. Luke stated, his issue only happens when he is connected to Live. It is fine OFFLINE. Which means, its related to the cloud save somehow (since offline uses the system save). Be it a corruption, patch issue etc. But it is clearly directly related to the cloud save. I know not everyone wants to delete their saves. I totally get it. I am just trying to give out suggestions, you don't have to crucify me because of it. If you do not want to delete your saves or purchase another Pcars game, that is fine. It does not bother me one bit. I know you are frustrated. But coming on here and smashing your keyboard without being willing to try something to fix the issue is not going to solve any problems. I am just trying to help, if you do not want to take my advice, so be it. Continue to smash the keyboard or wait until ANOTHER patch to see if it fixes it. Or let the game collect dust and never purchase an SMS product again. Do as you wish.

I just want you to explain to me, if it is not a corrupt cloud save. Why does the save work fine OFFLINE??????

gmspromo
15-04-2018, 17:47
Ok, first off calm down.... I am just trying to give some suggestions.

I am not saying this is or isn't a patch issue. I completely understand after patch 5 people had this issue.

My concern here though is this. Luke stated, his issue only happens when he is connected to Live. It is fine OFFLINE. Which means, its related to the cloud save somehow (since offline uses the system save). Be it a corruption, patch issue etc. But it is clearly directly related to the cloud save. I know not everyone wants to delete their saves. I totally get it. I am just trying to give out suggestions, you don't have to crucify me because of it. If you do not want to delete your saves or purchase another Pcars game, that is fine. It does not bother me one bit. I know you are frustrated. But coming on here and smashing your keyboard without being willing to try something to fix the issue is not going to solve any problems. I am just trying to help, if you do not want to take my advice, so be it. Continue to smash the keyboard or wait until ANOTHER patch to see if it fixes it. Or let the game collect dust and never purchase an SMS product again. Do as you wish.

I just want you to explain to me, if it is not a corrupt cloud save. Why does the save work fine OFFLINE??????

No smashing of the keyboard here, I actually thought I was quite tame for someone who is extremely frustrated. You want a quick answer to your question? SMS Netcode ... the same code I've previously mentioned as to why time trial times sometimes don't appear or sync (and never have), because the XBOX Gamertag images cause an issue with slow loading and the times don't appear until the images do half the time. It's the same as when users join an online multiplayer race and the game lags for a second ... if it IS a corrupt cloud save, Patch 1.5 caused it and if it has, I'd like an official explanation as to why it may have done this before I go deleting any saves. I don't think that's much to ask ...

Konan
15-04-2018, 17:49

There was really no need for a comment like that...
I don't know if you've noticed but i am trying with you guys to find a solution to this...remember it's the weekend.
SMS will be on it soon enough...
Meanwhile i am scanning two discords to see if the problem is being discussed there...

gmspromo
15-04-2018, 18:00
There was really no need for a comment like that...
I don't know if you've noticed but i am trying with you guys to find a solution to this...remember it's the weekend.
SMS will be on it soon enough...
Meanwhile i am scanning two discords to see if the problem is being discussed there...

That was a tame comment by any standard, I promise you ... and being honest, was I wrong in anything I said? No. Plenty of users complaining about the tire model changes and the fact these patches don't appear to get much testing, especially on consoles. If things don't get tested, the thing I take issue with is the fact if something breaks, even if it may be a simple solution (and this may well be), unlike on PC where they can push a fix out to steam within a matter of days, on Xbox, we have to wait weeks ... that's why the testing process on console should be more thorough in my lowly opinion....

bluesky0870
15-04-2018, 18:04
Yes, you aren't the only one having issues with loading car setups .. it can't just be the two of us having this issue, there are probably loads of people but the problem is very few will even know this forum exists to report such issues ...

I've tested a lot this afternoon, because I came across the same problem. I only wanted to see if my game crashes too in time trial mode, but it is all fine.

But I was shocked about the cars handling when I was trying to do time trials. So I took the Mercedes 190E that I use actually in career to my personal test track Catalunya GP in practice mode and went to time trials then.
While the Mercedes runs absolutely like a charme with the stable setup in practice mode, in time trial it is spinning when you want to exit a corner.
I tested the car than at Sugo under complete identical conditions. (Date, time, weather) The same result. While in practice mode I can push the car over the curbs through corners the car is loosing grip totally and is hard to control.

I tried the following cars then too. All with stable setup at Sugo in practice mode and time trial under identical conditions (04/27/2017, 1pm cloudy, air temperature 26į C, track temperature 24į C). In practicing mode all cars are handling well.

In time trials

Nissan GT-R GT3 - pulls to the left under brakes
Lamborghini Diablo GTR - the car feels way more stiff, turns like a brick and brakes like a vessel
Ferrari 488 GT3 - total nervous and tailhappy
Ferrari 488 Challenge EU - loses grip in corners or while exiting them, brakes are noticeable weaker
Porsche GT3 - handles like a brick and brakes are noticeable weaker
Mercedes 190E - tailhappy, looses grip in corners or when exiting them, in slow corners the front totally overreacts without any reason or warning and the car goes elsewhere

All cars handling is noticeable different than in practice mode with exactly the same setup, the worst are the 190E, the 488 EU and the Nissan

I restarted the game a few times and always made sure I use the same setup by loading it before starting to race. So to me it is obvious that there is something wrong with the setups in time trial mode.

Edit: I did the testing with the wheel and with 2 controllers (xbox1 standard recon tech edition and Razer Wildcat Pro Gamer controller). With the controllers the Merc and the 488 challenge are nearly undriveable and the others are noticeable worse than in practice mode)

g.stew
15-04-2018, 19:02
@bluesky0870 - I'll try out your conditions and see if I can reproduce. Thanks for providing so much detail. Maybe this should be moved to another thread to prevent getting off track from the issue of crashing when loading setups.

To those who are getting crashes when loading setups:

Are you able to load the sms Loose or Stable setups?
Does it crash as soon as you hit the load button or only when you select one to load it?
When you start back up, is it still on the setup it was on before you tried to load?
Can you edit and save the current setup or does it crash there too?
If you can edit and save, can you edit and save as new?
If you can edit and save as new, can you then load the previous setup again?
If you can load setups when offline, can you try to edit and re-save all the setups for one car then go back online and see if you can load them?
Do you have any time trials that aren't too far down the list that someone's else could try to load. If you have the car, track, and gamertag, we can try to load the setup and see if there is any issue. It's unlikely but worth a try at least.

ShneebnaMRR108
15-04-2018, 19:31
Last week I deleted the whole game and saves everywhere in prep for the 1.5 patch last FRI.
Downloaded it, it ran fine until this FRI night at 11PM EST us. I only have two cars and tunes, all with new set ups only.
Then all menus that access the server date or cloud data (not sure) will crash to the dashboard just by sitting in the selected menu, and not pushing any buttons.

Are you able to load the sms Loose or Stable setups? No
Does it crash as soon as you hit the load button or only when you select one to load it? When I try to select one.
When you start back up, is it still on the setup it was on before you tried to load? Yes (It will run ok if I DON'T try to select a set up, just using the auto-loaded one.)
Can you edit and save the current setup or does it crash there too? I'll try to edit and save an auto-loaded set up ASAP and report back.
If you can edit and save as new, can you then load the previous setup again? n/a
If you can load setups when offline, can you try to edit and re-save all the setups for one car then go back online and see if you can load them? Will have to try that one off-line
Do you have any time trials that aren't too far down the list that someone's else could try to load. If you have the car, track, and gamertag, we can try to load the setup and see if there is any issue. It's unlikely but worth a try at least. You can see a set up of mine if you are my friend under GT: Shneeb108 in the Honda Indy Car at Long Beach

LukeC1991
15-04-2018, 19:40
Last week I deleted the whole game and saves everywhere in prep for the 1.5 patch last FRI.
Downloaded it, it ran fine until this FRI night at 11PM EST us. I only have two cars and tunes, all with new set ups only.
Then all menus that access the server date or cloud data (not sure) will crash to the dashboard just by sitting in the selected menu, and not pushing any buttons.

Are you able to load the sms Loose or Stable setups? No
Does it crash as soon as you hit the load button or only when you select one to load it? When I try to select one.
When you start back up, is it still on the setup it was on before you tried to load? Yes (It will run ok if I DON'T try to select a set up, just using the auto-loaded one.)
Can you edit and save the current setup or does it crash there too? I'll try to edit and save an auto-loaded set up ASAP and report back.
If you can edit and save as new, can you then load the previous setup again? n/a
If you can load setups when offline, can you try to edit and re-save all the setups for one car then go back online and see if you can load them? Will have to try that one off-line
Do you have any time trials that aren't too far down the list that someone's else could try to load. If you have the car, track, and gamertag, we can try to load the setup and see if there is any issue. It's unlikely but worth a try at least. You can see a set up of mine if you are my friend under GT: Shneeb108 in the Honda Indy Car at Long Beach

If it makes it easier, rather than having to add people as friends, I should be on the first page of Algarve in prototypes. I set my time in the Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo, gamertag is my forum username. I can't even load the leaderboards anymore without the game crashing, so it would be interesting to see if someone could try to load one of my setups.

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 20:31
No smashing of the keyboard here, I actually thought I was quite tame for someone who is extremely frustrated. You want a quick answer to your question? SMS Netcode ... the same code I've previously mentioned as to why time trial times sometimes don't appear or sync (and never have), because the XBOX Gamertag images cause an issue with slow loading and the times don't appear until the images do half the time. It's the same as when users join an online multiplayer race and the game lags for a second ... if it IS a corrupt cloud save, Patch 1.5 caused it and if it has, I'd like an official explanation as to why it may have done this before I go deleting any saves. I don't think that's much to ask ...

I just ran a 16 man online race. Users were jumping in and out during qualifying. No lag whatsoever. Also my leaderboards are syncing in TT.....

How is your internet connection? Are you on an Open NAT and are you on IPv4 or IPv6? If its not the save, maybe you guys that are having troubles are having communication issues due to an ISP/Modem setting etc?

No doubt that Patch 5 changed something. Clearly it only affected some. Maybe it is Netcode like you say or maybe some files got corrupted.

I do not think its much to ask for an explanation, but like mentioned. It is also the weekend. Patch launched on Thursday right? I doubt the devs are really even aware of this at the moment.....

If it makes it easier, rather than having to add people as friends, I should be on the first page of Algarve in prototypes. I set my time in the Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo, gamertag is my forum username. I can't even load the leaderboards anymore without the game crashing, so it would be interesting to see if someone could try to load one of my setups.

I am going to go try to find yours now

bluesky0870
15-04-2018, 22:23
I just ran a 16 man online race. Users were jumping in and out during qualifying. No lag whatsoever. Also my leaderboards are syncing in TT.....

How is your internet connection? Are you on an Open NAT and are you on IPv4 or IPv6? If its not the save, maybe you guys that are having troubles are having communication issues due to an ISP/Modem setting etc?

No doubt that Patch 5 changed something. Clearly it only affected some. Maybe it is Netcode like you say or maybe some files got corrupted.

I do not think its much to ask for an explanation, but like mentioned. It is also the weekend. Patch launched on Thursday right? I doubt the devs are really even aware of this at the moment.....

I am going to go try to find yours now

Online races and time trials are different - I think I don't have to explain what the difference is? So why do you ask about router settings when it is a single event? In case of using a local standard setup and not loading a ghost (what has not been possible for him) there's no link to the time trials event except of the leaderboards. Lap times 5 out of 6 times won't sync and if they do they need a while because of the gamertag pictures.
What has it to do with my Router settings or my open NAT or IPv4 or v6?
The leaderboards were loading that badly in PCARS 1 too when IPV6 wasn't available.

For online racing router settings may be relevant but definitely not for time trials.

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 22:31
Online races and time trials are different - I think I don't have to explain what the difference is? So why do you ask about router settings when it is a single event? In case of using a local standard setup and not loading a ghost (what has not been possible for him) there's no link to the time trials event except of the leaderboards. Lap times 5 out of 6 times won't sync and if they do they need a while because of the gamertag pictures.
What has it to do with my Router settings or my open NAT or IPv4 or v6?
The leaderboards were loading that badly in PCARS 1 too when IPV6 wasn't available.

For online racing router settings may be relevant but definitely not for time trials.

I completely understand that Online and Time trials are different. No you do not have to explain the difference. I still do not know why you are being so sarcastic here. I am giving suggestions, ya know, trying to help. And clearly you just want to be Grumpy and not listen to anybody. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You still need to be connected to Live for it to work. You still need to be connected to Live to run Time Trials and see leaderboards. So YES, router settings, IPv, Nat settings etc etc may actually play a role in connecting to leaderboards in Time Trials etc. Its VERY relevant.

In your previous post you mentioned lag when you are online and people coming in and out of the lobby. That is why I mentioned online racing and mentioned just today it was working very well for me.

Like I said. I have my network configured properly and all of those things you mentioned are working correctly on my end......

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 22:35

Found your setup.

I was able to load your setup and ghost and play it with no problems......

bluesky0870
15-04-2018, 22:49
I completely understand that Online and Time trials are different. No you do not have to explain the difference. I still do not know why you are being so sarcastic here. I am giving suggestions. And clearly you just want to be Grumpy and not listen to anybody. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You still need to be connected to Live for it to work. You still need to be connected to Live to run Time Trials and see leaderboards. So YES, router settings, IPv, Nat settings etc etc may actually play a role in connecting to leaderboards in Time Trials etc. Its VERY relevant.

In your previous post you mentioned lag when you are online and people coming in and out of the lobby. That is why I mentioned online racing and mentioned just today it was working very well for me.

Like I said. I have my network configured properly and all of those things you mentioned are working correctly on my end......

For sure I did not mention lags in online lobbies!

The lobbies are p2p based. Time trials are not. They are not even online based except of the leaderboard sync and the Xbox live cloud. With all apps, games and the store my Xbox Live connection works well as well as my cloud datag does. On at least five devices there are no problems regarding Xbox Live, the cloud or the store. 2 Xbox1, a 360, a mobile phone, a tablet, a desktop PC and a Laptop - they all are synchronising to Xbox Live or the Xbox cloud. 50+ games do so and pre patch 1.4 even this game allowed to sync to the cloud properly and to load a standard setup (loose / stable).
So either patch 5 has changed my Router settings (but only for PCars 2 magically, I doubt about that) or the patch broke something by trying to fix another issue. (what has happened continiously since the first patch of PCARS 1).

Juiced46
15-04-2018, 22:54
For sure I did not mention lags in online lobbies!

My apologies. I was not looking at the user name, I thought you were "gmspromo" he is the one that said that, I thought I have been quoting him this whole time :o:o

bluesky0870
15-04-2018, 22:58
My apologies. I was not looking at the user name, I thought you were "gmspromo" he is the one that said that, I thought I have been quoting him this whole time :o:o

I thought so, lol. Don't worry.

g.stew
15-04-2018, 22:58

I am able to load your setup for that car/track.

ShneebnaMRR108
16-04-2018, 00:03
Just for information, I had changed to IPv4 BEFORE 1.5 dropped, and it seemed to be improved. And game worked for 7 days, then it started this CTD on FRI night around 11pm EST us.

Basicblaq
16-04-2018, 00:24
Ok..So here is what I have been testing and have found out when I play in TT or CE. When I launch either TT or CE and click on to see my Friends times the game will crash. This happens no matter which track or car I am using. So I decided to click on add ghost and then click on Friends times and it will let me add Ghost without the game crashing. Also when I first enter TT or CE and select anyone from the leaderboard pages 1 - 2 there is no problem.

ShneebnaMRR108
16-04-2018, 00:34
All good info... so far it’s just Xbox users with the issue, right?

g.stew
16-04-2018, 00:35
Ok..So here is what I have been testing and have found out when I play in TT or CE. When I launch either TT or CE and click on to see my Friends times the game will crash. This happens no matter which track or car I am using. So I decided to click on add ghost and then click on Friends times and it will let me add Ghost without the game crashing. Also when I first enter TT or CE and select anyone from the leaderboard pages 1 - 2 there is no problem.

Wait, this is on PC? I thought this was only affecting Xbox. That would mean it was not profile related then. Can you confirm this is on PC?

g.stew
16-04-2018, 00:40
All good info... so far it’s just Xbox users with the issue, right?

Basicblaq had platform as PC and mentioned clicking on things, so I'm not sure.

Just FYI, since I did the block then unblock created content that I mentioned a few pages back, I have loaded 20+ time trials with different cars and tracks with no issue. Before that it was ctd consistently, either when choosing car/track or part way through loading.

I did also delete my local save and resync it, but it was still crashing after that. It's possible it was a combo of both though (or neither and just luck), so it's worth trying both of you haven't already.

Basicblaq
16-04-2018, 00:41
Wait, this is on PC? I thought this was only affecting Xbox. That would mean it was not profile related then. Can you confirm this is on PC?

sorry...I posted in the wrong thread. I will posts this in the Xbox forum as it seems to only be affecting Xbox users

ShneebnaMRR108
16-04-2018, 01:00
This is the Xbox thread.

ShneebnaMRR108
16-04-2018, 01:03
I tried the Block content method, no good. There’s not much else that I can literally think of to do at this point until SMS reads their in box on Mon morning.

bluesky0870
16-04-2018, 01:10
sorry...I posted in the wrong thread. I will posts this in the Xbox forum as it seems to only be affecting Xbox users

You only have to change your platform info to Xbox. :)

bluesky0870
16-04-2018, 01:35
I've tested a lot this afternoon, because I came across the same problem. I only wanted to see if my game crashes too in time trial mode, but it is all fine.

But I was shocked about the cars handling when I was trying to do time trials. So I took the Mercedes 190E that I use actually in career to my personal test track Catalunya GP in practice mode and went to time trials then.
While the Mercedes runs absolutely like a charme with the stable setup in practice mode, in time trial it is spinning when you want to exit a corner.
I tested the car than at Sugo under complete identical conditions. (Date, time, weather) The same result. While in practice mode I can push the car over the curbs through corners the car is loosing grip totally and is hard to control.

I tried the following cars then too. All with stable setup at Sugo in practice mode and time trial under identical conditions (04/27/2017, 1pm cloudy, air temperature 26į C, track temperature 24į C). In practicing mode all cars are handling well.

In time trials

Nissan GT-R GT3 - pulls to the left under brakes
Lamborghini Diablo GTR - the car feels way more stiff, turns like a brick and brakes like a vessel
Ferrari 488 GT3 - total nervous and tailhappy
Ferrari 488 Challenge EU - loses grip in corners or while exiting them, brakes are noticeable weaker
Porsche GT3 - handles like a brick and brakes are noticeable weaker
Mercedes 190E - tailhappy, looses grip in corners or when exiting them, in slow corners the front totally overreacts without any reason or warning and the car goes elsewhere

All cars handling is noticeable different than in practice mode with exactly the same setup, the worst are the 190E, the 488 EU and the Nissan

I restarted the game a few times and always made sure I use the same setup by loading it before starting to race. So to me it is obvious that there is something wrong with the setups in time trial mode.

Edit: I did the testing with the wheel and with 2 controllers (xbox1 standard recon tech edition and Razer Wildcat Pro Gamer controller). With the controllers the Merc and the 488 challenge are nearly undriveable and the others are noticeable worse than in practice mode)

I've additional info after 5 hours more of testing and a solution.

I tried 3 cars more but all of them were untouched and never used. I went to tt first, did NOT load a setup - the cars behaved as I would have expected them to handle in practice mode too. Then I went to practice, did not load any tune. The car handled well and the same way as in tt.
After that l loaded the stable setup in practice mode, the cars handled well.
Then I went back to time trials. This time I loaded the stable setup. The cars still drive as before. As said, I've done that procedure with 3 cars - the Aston Martin GT3, the Acura NSX and a BMW road car.

After that I chose the Mercedes 190E again in tt and it still drove like on ice. I chose the Nissan GT-R GT3, still not braking as in practice mode. I took every other car that "misbehaved" earlier and they still did not drive properly.

And now the solution. I simply reset the setup. (the option on the right in the setup menu in pre race menu. The game is asking you to overwrite the setup then. Confirm that, load the setup again, start the race and then the car is fixed and drives like in practice mode.

So to me it looks like the latest patch corrupted the setups that were used before.

g.stew
16-04-2018, 02:37
And now the solution. I simply reset the setup. (the option on the right in the setup menu in pre race menu. The game is asking you to overwrite the setup then. Confirm that, load the setup again, start the race and then the car is fixed and drives like in practice mode.

So to me it looks like the latest patch corrupted the setups that were used before.

So you used the reset to default? I was going to suggest trying that so nice that it worked. I've tested 4 of the examples you gave but was waiting to respond until I tested the rest. The only difference in behavior I saw was what you would expect going from the full fuel tank of the default setup to the 5l you get in time trial. That affects the feel a bit, but nothing like you were getting. It makes sense because I hadn't driven any of these cars before (although I love that Mercedes now!).

So, the defaults you were loading before were your saved versions of the default stable or the sms one? If I try one I've driven and have saved setups for, do you think I would get the same behavior? What should I try, start tt with a car I've driven before with stable setup selected and immediately drive it? Then go back and reset the setup and try again?

bluesky0870
16-04-2018, 08:57
So you used the reset to default? I was going to suggest trying that so nice that it worked. I've tested 4 of the examples you gave but was waiting to respond until I tested the rest. The only difference in behavior I saw was what you would expect going from the full fuel tank of the default setup to the 5l you get in time trial. That affects the feel a bit, but nothing like you were getting. It makes sense because I hadn't driven any of these cars before (although I love that Mercedes now!).

So, the defaults you were loading before were your saved versions of the default stable or the sms one? If I try one I've driven and have saved setups for, do you think I would get the same behavior? What should I try, start tt with a car I've driven before with stable setup selected and immediately drive it? Then go back and reset the setup and try again?

The defaults were the Sms ones. I haven't changed or saved any car setup earlier.
I always have the stable and the loose one given by the game that I've never changed. So it must be a default of them.
So I can't tell if it happens to created setups too but if it happens a reset will erase the values either way. So you would have a created setting with default settings what doesn't make sense to keep.
I also loaded the reset to default version immediately in tt when I noticed the flawed car behaviour. (Pause, restart session, setup menu, reset to default, load stable setup).
When l tested it yesterday l loaded the stable version every single time before starting a session.

I'll try to find other cars that I've driven and to test a bit more later this day.

Edit: It happens to created setups too, downloaded Luke's and spun out in first three corners and gave up.

Narly Boy
16-04-2018, 20:00
Same issue for me, canít use any online features without game crashing. Works fine for Custom races or practice but crashes to dashboard on starting Time Trial or Online Races! Had no issues previously with other patches. Tried deleting and reinstalling, deleting local saved data, multiple resets, all to no avail.....
Is anyone looking into this issue please? Was working ok again today but this evening was crashing whenever online features are used. I Was invited to multiplayer lobby and crashed crash for all other participants also!
Tried deleting local and Xbox live saved files but issue still exists.
Even when viewing Driver Profile game crashes.
Clearly this is a server side issue as have tried deleting and reinstalling all local components to no avail.
Very frustrating as this is the only racing game I play currently, which is now unusable. Either roll back the patch or fix the issue please.
Thx

badj
16-04-2018, 20:31
I tried to play online before trying the new car or new track. But every time I tried using any online feature (installed a saved tune, online races, etc...) the game freezes, does that crazy noise nobody wants to hear and quits.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice without success, formated my Xbox, reinstalled the game: Nothing works.

Konan
16-04-2018, 20:42
Is anyone looking into this issue please?

This has been reported yes...

bluesky0870
16-04-2018, 22:25
I started the game today and all the broken setups in time trial are back. In practice mode they work well.
Luke, I downloaded your setup too and have been able to start the time trials, but combined with my problem I gave up after 3 corners because of the car spinning out for no reason.

Here are 3 short videos where you can see the difference between time trial and practice mode:

Time trial: At the end of the videos called Zeitfahren in German

In the first clip after 2 secs (the odd spinning to the right) I knew the setups were broken again/ loaded incorrectly or whatever.

https://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/1b12f7d4-91d5-474d-9d13-07606b501624/embed

https://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/7e832a97-7484-4554-bfe9-bc127fa10ab1/embed

Practice: At the end of the video called Freies Training in German

https://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/36f23fa8-7f0c-49b2-ae6b-195688dfe89a/embed

Juiced46
16-04-2018, 22:31
I started the game today and all the broken setups in time trial are back. In practice mode they work well.
Luke, I downloaded your setup too and have been able to start the time trials, but combined with my problem I gave up after 3 corners because of the car spinning out for no reason.

Here are 3 short videos where you can see the difference between time trial and practice mode:

Time trial: In the first clip after 2 secs (the odd spinning to the right) I knew the setups were broken again/ loaded incorrectly or whatever.

https://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/1b12f7d4-91d5-474d-9d13-07606b501624/embed

https://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/7e832a97-7484-4554-bfe9-bc127fa10ab1/embed

Practice:

https://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/36f23fa8-7f0c-49b2-ae6b-195688dfe89a/embed

What setups were you loading for the Merc in the videos?

I will give it a try later on tonight and see if I get that handling issue. Was your practice session using the same conditions? What track is that?

bluesky0870
16-04-2018, 22:49
What setups were you loading for the Merc in the videos?

I will give it a try later on tonight and see if I get that handling issue. Was your practice session using the same conditions? What track is that?

Stable setup at Sugo. Absolute identical conditions (as you can see in the paused screen on the end of the videos) and the same I used yesterday too.

From yesterday's post:

And no, it is not my router!!! Pre patch 1.5 all has been fine.

Juiced46
16-04-2018, 23:57
Stable setup at Sugo. Absolute identical conditions (as you can see in the paused screen on the end of the videos) and the same I used yesterday too.

From yesterday's post:

And no, it is not my router!!! Pre patch 1.5 all has been fine.

The router/Live Comment in my previous post was related to the game crashing everytime when attempting to sync or load a setup in TT. Not handling discrepencies.

Anyhow. I tried your settings with the Merc in Private, Practice and TT. I started a practice session, loaded the SMS stable tune and went out and tested. Car felt fine.

Went into TT, at the setup screen loaded SMS stable and first lap out ran 7 tenths quicker then I did in Private and Practice. Car handled exactly the same. Unless I am loading the setup in different order then you did, the car never felt like it was on ice.

Juiced46
17-04-2018, 00:17
I also just tried Lukes setup in TT on Algarve. No spinouts, car handled great and did not feel like its on ice.

Bluesky, I am not sure why your setups feel as if they are on Ice in TT and mine dont. Something must be corrupt.

bluesky0870
17-04-2018, 03:33
I also just tried Lukes setup in TT on Algarve. No spinouts, car handled great and did not feel like its on ice.

Bluesky, I am not sure why your setups feel as if they are on Ice in TT and mine dont. Something must be corrupt.

First of all a big thank you for testing. I've got no explanation for that either.
Luke's setup looks pretty solid on his ghost and l am convinced that the cars' behaviour isn't that hard to handle. I'll definitely give it a go in practice mode.

Yesterday l was a bit short on time, if I can find more time today I'll try to find more cars or to find out more. My theory with these unused cars working properly died with using Luke's tune. That GTP-Z has been an unused car too.

LukeC1991
17-04-2018, 12:55
The 30 seconds that I did get to try time trial a couple of days ago the car felt fine for me. The game then crashed to dashboard so I didn’t bother trying time trial again. It seems like some people’s cars feel normal and some others don’t. Just like with my problem of not being able to load setups when connected to Live, some are suffering with it and some are not.

Good to see some of you are enjoying my tune at Algarve. It was a world record for that car the last time I was actually able to load the leaderboards without the game crashing.

XFR Tubz
17-04-2018, 13:31
On the same kind of issue, I am part of a racing group (8 of us) and we have been racing together on pcars2 with good stable results for a while now until Patch 5 landed on xbox! The issue was with one of the guys joining a lobby. Basically what happened was, I set up the online lobby and gradually invited the guys in. Coincidentally the last person to join the lobby was the one who has been having the same TT/online issues as some of you guys. As soon as he landed in the lobby, he complained at being thrown back to dashboard, and at exactly the same time, me and 3 or 4 other guys were also thrown back to the dashboard.

We tried again a few times and exactly the same thing happened, as soon as this one guy accepted the invite and made his way to the lobby he was back at dash along with the same guys!

How can one person joining an online lobby cause others in the lobby to have a crash to dashboard?

FYI: Lobby was set to max 7 drivers + host, Private lobby, car class Touring Cars, track was set to Bannochbrae with qualifying on.

It basically meant that the poor guy was unable to join us for last nights racing, and the rest of the evening when past with no issues.

Hopefully this issue that has come along since the patch can be identified and solved as soon as possible as it is ruining, by the sounds of it, quite a few guys and gals racing fix.

bluesky0870
17-04-2018, 13:36
The 30 seconds that I did get to try time trial a couple of days ago the car felt fine for me. The game then crashed to dashboard so I didn’t bother trying time trial again. It seems like some people’s cars feel normal and some others don’t. Just like with my problem of not being able to load setups when connected to Live, some are suffering with it and some are not.

Good to see some of you are enjoying my tune at Algarve. It was a world record for that car the last time I was actually able to load the leaderboards without the game crashing.

You are still 3rd. The leader is 3 seconds ahead of the 2nd. Sometimes I think that some leaderboard times and car records are being set by cheating.

I got the CTD too today. Actually l am redownloading and reinstalling the game. I just doubt it will bring changes for the better.

Juiced46
17-04-2018, 14:39
You are still 3rd. The leader is 3 seconds ahead of the 2nd. Sometimes I think that some leaderboard times and car records are being set by cheating.

I got the CTD too today. Actually l am redownloading and reinstalling the game. I just doubt it will bring changes for the better.

I have noticed sometimes with leaderboards. The times shown depend on the car I selected.

g.stew
17-04-2018, 16:50

They could just be set on a previous patch and are just no longer achievable.

You can usually compare to the pc leaderboards (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com), where they have the date it was set, to see if it is an achievable time anymore. It would be cool if they reset the boards when something like this happens so there isn't an impossible time at the top of the boards.

bluesky0870
17-04-2018, 19:23
Here we go again!!!

I really have to pay attention to the words I am using. My pulse is pumping and my blood is boiling.

After deleting the game and reinstalling it, resetting everything, recalibrating everything and so on and so on - time trials are exactly as crappy and as broken as before deleting everything.

While in practice mode under same conditions every car handles like expected and as always after 1.3, the same cars with the same setup aren't drivable or hadly drivable in tt. My outlap with cold tires in practice mode often is faster than I can set a clean lap with a car in best shape in time trials. Best lap times in both modes differing between 3 and 7 seconds depending on the chosen car.

tt: The 488 Challenge EU is shaky, unstable and unpredictable

http://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/c7ec5585-83d9-4b0e-afc6-a6ad4f8540d6/embed

Practice: The same car

http://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/855c7fdb-82a5-4792-88bd-64db42c37aaa/embed

Does it have to be that every patch is fixing something by breaking another part?
Maybe I should better be happy that I can at least enter time trials at all without suffering from CTD (except of the one time earlier) like a lot of others here. Fix that friggin time trials please. And if so, hopefully in the next patch and not with version 1.99.

bluesky0870
17-04-2018, 19:35
They could just be set on a previous patch and are just no longer achievable.

You can usually compare to the pc leaderboards (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com), where they have the date it was set, to see if it is an achievable time anymore. It would be cool if they reset the boards when something like this happens so there isn't an impossible time at the top of the boards.

Luke said he was 1st when he set his time. So the new leader time must have been set later and some people at least should be able to set a time that is nearby and not 3 secs off like the lap time of the 2nd, who has set his time later than Luke too.

Juiced46
17-04-2018, 19:36
Here we go again!!!

I really have to pay attention to the words I am using. My pulse is pumping and my blood is boiling.

After deleting the game and reinstalling it, resetting everything, recalibrating everything and so on and so on - time trials are exactly as crappy and as broken as before deleting everything.

While in practice mode under same conditions every car handles like expected and as always after 1.3, the same cars with the same setup aren't drivable or hadly drivable in tt. My outlap with cold tires in practice mode often is faster than I can set a clean lap with a car in best shape in time trials. Best lap times in both modes differing between 3 and 7 seconds depending on the chosen car.

tt: The 488 Challenge EU is shaky, unstable and unpredictable

http://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/c7ec5585-83d9-4b0e-afc6-a6ad4f8540d6/embed

Practice: The same car

http://xboxclips.com/Bluesky0870/855c7fdb-82a5-4792-88bd-64db42c37aaa/embed

Does it have to be that every patch is fixing something by breaking another part?
Maybe I should better be happy that I can at least enter time trials at all without suffering from CTD (except of the one time earlier) like a lot of others here. Fix that friggin time trials please. And if so, hopefully in the next patch and not with version 1.99.

If you reset to default setup like you previously mentioned. Does this cure the TT unstable issue like you mentioned it did previously?

I do not know what else to suggest for you on the problem. Mine is working well (not trying to brag) Like I have said before, something must be corrupt in the save file. But most people are not willing to delete the save game to see if that does anything, which is understandable.

bluesky0870
17-04-2018, 19:53
If you reset to default setup like you previously mentioned. Does this cure the TT unstable issue like you mentioned it did previously?

I do not know what else to suggest for you on the problem. Mine is working well (not trying to brag) Like I have said before, something must be corrupt in the save file. But most people are not willing to delete the save game to see if that does anything, which is understandable.

Then the patch must have corrupted the save file, what would be ridiculous too. Pre patch 1.5 there has not been any difference between tt and practice mode in handling. Resetting to default and reloading does not help.
I tried resetting the setup even before racing to test it. Even then (what really makes no sense) the game is forcing me to save/overwrite the setup file. So an unloaded and unused setup has got different values after loading time trials. For me it looks like the game isn't loading values for online modes properly (I can only speak of time trials), what is leading to incorrect setups or even unloadable setups and CTDs.
But I may be wrong here.

Btw.: I appreciate your helping attitude.

Edit: I am going to delete my save file now, even there is no sense in it. Just out of curiosity. And if that doesn't have any success..., I don't know how nice I can be then.

ShneebnaMRR108
17-04-2018, 20:44
I just tested pC2 again today, AFTER I cleared the XBOX MAC address, which clears out the XBOX memory. Loaded pC2, sat in the main screen, went to the XBOX Blue Ray clear cache screen 5 times, then back to the game menus. All of them worked fine, ran practice, custom Race, Comm Event, and TT without CTD. Set up tunes and saved without issues.

Not really sure if this is relevant, but there was a MS Store update today that I did right before I started this whole test. And not sure if SMS did anything either.

Will it continue to function well, remains to be seen. Will check again later.

Konan
17-04-2018, 21:04
I just tested pC2 again today, AFTER I cleared the XBOX MAC address, which clears out the XBOX memory. Loaded pC2, sat in the main screen, went to the XBOX Blue Ray clear cache screen 5 times, then back to the game menus. All of them worked fine, ran practice, custom Race, Comm Event, and TT without CTD. Set up tunes and saved without issues.

Not really sure if this is relevant, but there was a MS Store update today that I did right before I started this whole test. And not sure if SMS did anything either.

Could someone who hasn't installed the xbox store update yet try this please...just to rule out some factors...

LukeC1991
17-04-2018, 21:48

How do I do the MS store update?

Edit: scratch that, my Xbox started automatically downloaded it. Paused the install and trying the above now.

LukeC1991
17-04-2018, 22:09
Could someone who hasn't installed the xbox store update yet try this please...just to rule out some factors...

Cleared my MAC address, when my Xbox restarted it started downloading the MS store update so I paused that. When starting the game it asked me if I wanted to load my save file from the console or the cloud. I selected from console as that is the newer save because I’ve been playing offline whilst this problem has been happening. Loaded private testing and it let me load my setups without crashing to dashboard. I saved a setup just for a test and it also let me load that no problems. Time trial works fine too. Just closed the game and restarted my console and again all seems fine with the game. I would assume that now I’ve connected back to Xbox Live my game save would upload to the cloud and run from that save file instead of the file on the console?

ShneebnaMRR108
17-04-2018, 22:09
Just ran an on-line race with no DC's and no CTD. First time in a long while!

Other subject: All I have to do to get the car back to the way it felt prior to 1.5 is less ARB, and DIFF adjust. After that it actually feels better than ever. Worked for TC, GT3, and GTE.

LukeC1991
17-04-2018, 22:23
Just ran an on-line race with no DC's and no CTD. First time in a long while!

I was crossing my fingers as I tried to load a car setup ;) for now my game works fine! You may have solved the problem, thankyou!

For what it’s worth, clearing the MAC address also seems to have gotten rid of any weird handling problems I was getting. The horrible over the top under steer in the Ferrari Challenge is gone.

ShneebnaMRR108
17-04-2018, 22:29
We'll see what happens on WED. Fingers crossed here too!

Konan
17-04-2018, 22:32
Cleared my MAC address, when my Xbox restarted it started downloading the MS store update so I paused that. When starting the game it asked me if I wanted to load my save file from the console or the cloud. I selected from console as that is the newer save because I’ve been playing offline whilst this problem has been happening. Loaded private testing and it let me load my setups without crashing to dashboard. I saved a setup just for a test and it also let me load that no problems. Time trial works fine too. Just closed the game and restarted my console and again all seems fine with the game. I would assume that now I’ve connected back to Xbox Live my game save would upload to the cloud and run from that save file instead of the file on the console?

That would be my thoughts as well yes...

LukeC1991
17-04-2018, 22:34

Cool, if that’s the case then it appears to be problem solved for me.

Juiced46
18-04-2018, 01:03
Btw.: I appreciate your helping attitude.

Edit: I am going to delete my save file now, even there is no sense in it. Just out of curiosity. And if that doesn't have any success..., I don't know how nice I can be then.

No problem, like I said before. I apologize for my earlier comment. I thought I was replying to the other guy that was getting harsh and assumed he kept poking the bear. I was getting the emails on my phone that there was a response, so I just clicked the link, hit quote and replied and never bothered to look at the user name. oops lol

Hopefully you saw the recent updates to this thread before you deleted anything to try what these guys found and hopefully it works for you as well

Cleared my MAC address, when my Xbox restarted it started downloading the MS store update so I paused that. When starting the game it asked me if I wanted to load my save file from the console or the cloud. I selected from console as that is the newer save because Iíve been playing offline whilst this problem has been happening. Loaded private testing and it let me load my setups without crashing to dashboard. I saved a setup just for a test and it also let me load that no problems. Time trial works fine too. Just closed the game and restarted my console and again all seems fine with the game. I would assume that now Iíve connected back to Xbox Live my game save would upload to the cloud and run from that save file instead of the file on the console?

I am glad it is now working for you. So essentially what you did was exactly like or similar to what I stated a few pages back. To find a way for it to not load the cloud save so you can force the console save to be loaded. To answer your question, once you load the console save, then yes it will upload to the cloud and should overwrite the corrupt file. I think its ridiculous that Microsoft does not let you manually delete your cloud save.

For you guys that had issues. Do you guys do a full boot of the Xbox everytime (where you get the green Xbox screen on startup) or do you use Instant on?

I do the full boot everytime. The reason being for me was, I was seeing intermittent NAT issues when booting the machine with instant on. Allowing the Xbox to do a full boot up everytime solved that.

Lastly, if I were to guess what was going on with your guys situation, mind you, I am not a software engineer nor a developer. I am just a grease monkey but I can proudly say I know which way to turn the wrench and how to tie my shoes.....

Anyhow, I am wondering. If you shut down Pcars and the save sync started but did not finish. The next time the system went on, Patch 5 was loaded, then the save sync completed. So essentially the save started during patch 4, game updated, then after patch 5 the save finished the sync which causes the wacky corrupt save file? Just a guess, seeing that we cannot see the actual sync. I try to make it a habit when I am finished playing a game. I exit to the dash, quit the game from the home screen, then let it sit for about a minute.

some evil dude
18-04-2018, 06:28
That's a very good point Juiced. It's surprising to think about how easy & likely that is just to shut the system off when you're done. I need to be carefull in the future in this case and be consious of quitting the game.

g.stew
18-04-2018, 06:47

What I'm seeing from all of this is the have been a few different ways people have resolved it, but all related to getting a proper sync of the data between console and cloud. It may even be something that resolves itself over time as cache expires and the data is synced again.

The only thing that seems to have been consistent, is that once it's fixed, it has stayed fixed. Has anyone had it occur again after it was working?

Konan - Is there any feedback from SMS on this or have they been able to reproduce in any form? Is there any more information we can provide at this point?

Konan
18-04-2018, 07:01
I've forwarded all these findings so they can check on those...
Will let you guys know if they need more info.

bluesky0870
18-04-2018, 09:54
Unbelieveable. A whole night spent for NOTHING.
The problem is after uninstalling again (after reading about the MAC Address), downloading, reinstalling, deleting all saves 3 times (cloud, local) still unsolved. Even the finding of ShneebnaMRR108 has not helped.
I tried really everything, in practice mode everything's fine, in time trials the cars are unpredictable, suddenly loose grip, overreact out of the blue and tend to spin out. Conditions are the same, setups are the same, gameplay settings are the same.

But ok, I am running out of ideas. Maybe patch 126 will solve something that worked well before 5.0.

About Shneebnas finding I think, that SMS should gift him at least a season pass or DLC codes for the remaining upcoming DLCs for doing their work as well as Juiced and some others should be compensated for their effort to find workarounds and solutions that usually should be put in by the company and not the players.

Goatlord84
18-04-2018, 10:09

It's not the 488, i've used it before in same situations. No problems until this latest patch. The freeze happens in ANY car upon leaving a race.

freeman78
18-04-2018, 11:33
i repost my message
"hi everyone, player on xbox one, we can not perform online sessions because players who have large adsl connections are out of the lobby all drivers that are lower speed. the problem arises on our private events, but also on the championship of France which is in progress! thank you for finding a solution as soon as possible. "

a few minutes ago
my driver who is taking out the other players with a weaker network has uninstalled his game.
we then create a new session to invite the players in the game and not in the lobby as mentioned a few posts above.
the problem is still present, impossible to play two people who have a very large network gap!

the test is also performed with a 4G connection by the one who has the fiber. but the problem is that you can not stay online when he is in the session, and that's why other players are freeze. what can he do to verify that there is no conflict that generates this situation ?

blinkngone
18-04-2018, 13:14
I was crossing my fingers as I tried to load a car setup ;) for now my game works fine! You may have solved the problem, thankyou!

For what itís worth, clearing the MAC address also seems to have gotten rid of any weird handling problems I was getting. The horrible over the top under steer in the Ferrari Challenge is gone.

That's great Luke! I am really happy for you.:D So now you can use your old LSD again with the new tires?

ShneebnaMRR108
18-04-2018, 13:49
In post #104 Juiced46 makes some good points regarding "saving". Found some comments that are related.

- Corrupted save files can occur as a result of a connectivity issue or power loss/glitch when the game save file is being created or synced with the cloud.
- When ending a game session, return to the dashboard and quit the game. Itís also suggested that you wait a minute or two before closing the game, turning off the console, or attempting another save. This will ensure that the game has sufficient time to complete the save to the cloud.

LukeC1991
18-04-2018, 14:45
That's great Luke! I am really happy for you.:D So now you can use your old LSD again with the new tires?

From what I tried briefly last night the Nissan R89C felt normal again yes :D I’m going to do a proper test when I’m home from work in a few hours.

LukeC1991
18-04-2018, 16:29
Looks like I spoke too soon. Booted the game up today and it crashed again as soon as I tried to load a setup. Cleared my MAC address again, but this time when I re load the game up it didn't ask me where I wanted to load my save file from and now it crashes every time I try to load a car setup again :( I'm genuinely gutted.

blinkngone
18-04-2018, 17:09
Looks like I spoke too soon. Booted the game up today and it crashed again as soon as I tried to load a setup. Cleared my MAC address again, but this time when I re load the game up it didn't ask me where I wanted to load my save file from and now it crashes every time I try to load a car setup again :( I'm genuinely gutted.

Tears from heaven, sorry Luke.

No one here is close to your Algarve run with the GTP... Hope it gets better.

JasonSandwich
18-04-2018, 20:03
I cleared my MAC and cache and still can't finish a lap in time trial, if I can even get to it. I'm still getting freezes while it loads the track and car, still while I'm driving, and still while I'm loading a tune. 1PM (-7h) in Arizona on Wednesday. I've tried a variety of cars and tracks. This was the issue pre and post the Xbox store app update.

I've tried both my dummy driver profile and actual profile.

ShneebnaMRR108
18-04-2018, 21:54
It's still working for me, not that that helps anyone else, because it could be a random bug, nobody knows for sure. But I'll post the method in full again in case anyone missed a step.
-- Press and hold the XBOX button on the console until the light goes completely out. Unplug power supply cable, and wait 3 minutes. Power back up, don’t do or load anything. Go to Settings>network settings>advanced settings>alternate MAC address>clear, this will restart Xbox. Then go straight to pC2 game load, and then sit in the main menu. Back to XBOX Settings>disc and blue ray>blue ray>persistent storage>clear it at least 5 times. Go back to the game and see if it works with the TT mode. If it works, and when you are done checking it, then, quit the game properly from the dashboard, and then wait one minute to make sure the cloud save has completed fully. .....If it doesn’t work, then I don’t know what to tell you. Smoke and mirrors is hard to troubleshoot!

SALAMINIZER
19-04-2018, 00:28
You've got to be kidding me...smh

LukeC1991
19-04-2018, 19:34
It's still working for me, not that that helps anyone else, because it could be a random bug, nobody knows for sure. But I'll post the method in full again in case anyone missed a step.
-- Press and hold the XBOX button on the console until the light goes completely out. Unplug power supply cable, and wait 3 minutes. Power back up, don’t do or load anything. Go to Settings>network settings>advanced settings>alternate MAC address>clear, this will restart Xbox. Then go straight to pC2 game load, and then sit in the main menu. Back to XBOX Settings>disc and blue ray>blue ray>persistent storage>clear it at least 5 times. Go back to the game and see if it works with the TT mode. If it works, and when you are done checking it, then, quit the game properly from the dashboard, and then wait one minute to make sure the cloud save has completed fully. .....If it doesn’t work, then I don’t know what to tell you. Smoke and mirrors is hard to troubleshoot!

Tried this and for now it works. Last time I did all of the above but didn’t clear the Blu Ray storage. I’m not holding my breath though, last time I got it working I loaded the game up the next day and it was crashing again. Will report back tomorrow.

Konan
19-04-2018, 19:44
Thanks Luke :yes:

ShneebnaMRR108
20-04-2018, 17:15
Today I did a test to see if I could run pC2 without doing the "work around steps"
Yesterday I hard closed XBOX (hold XBOX button for 10 sec until shut down)
Today I started up and went directly to pC2 without any work around steps. Loaded and ran fine.

Then I closed pC2, and loaded FM7 game, did a few things, then quit FM7.

When directly to pC2 without any work around steps. It loaded, I went to TT's, so far so good. Started the TT event, and then it CTD.

So, then went to Clear Persistent Memory (5 times) and then straight back to pC2, loaded, TT displays all entries quickly, runTT, no problem to race event.

My speculation (and it's purely speculation) is that XBOX has limited RAM for games. Also did some Google searching and found that several reports that other games have same CTD issues after playing multiple games that are memory intense.

So, it's either an XBOX memory leak, or some XBOX versions just don't have enough RAM storage for the latest games that are intense memory use.

My method going forward (although slightly cumbersome) is to just load and play one game at a time and do the CPM (Clear Persis Mem) after each game quit and start.

Maybe the full work around may be needed periodically, not sure, but it certainly can't hurt anything.

LukeC1991
20-04-2018, 17:33
Today I did a test to see if I could run pC2 without doing the "work around steps"
Yesterday I hard closed XBOX (hold XBOX button for 10 sec until shut down)
Today I started up and went directly to pC2 without any work around steps. Loaded and ran fine.

Then I closed pC2, and loaded FM7 game, did a few things, then quit FM7.

When directly to pC2 without any work around steps. It loaded, I went to TT's, so far so good. Started the TT event, and then it CTD.

So, then went to Clear Persistent Memory (5 times) and then straight back to pC2, loaded, TT displays all entries quickly, runTT, no problem to race event.

My speculation (and it's purely speculation) is that XBOX has limited RAM for games. Also did some Google searching and found that several reports that other games have same CTD issues after playing multiple games that are memory intense.

So, it's either an XBOX memory leak, or some XBOX versions just don't have enough RAM storage for the latest games that are intense memory use.

My method going forward (although slightly cumbersome) is to just load and play one game at a time and do the CPM (Clear Persis Mem) after each game quit and start.

Maybe the full work around may be needed periodically, not sure, but it certainly can't hurt anything.

I do hope it’s not a RAM issue as I’d my imagine my One X should have more than enough RAM. When I’m home from work later I will try and boot the game up without any of these steps and see if it still works well like it was last night after using your method.

ShneebnaMRR108
20-04-2018, 18:02
XBOne has 8GB and One X has 12 GB.

CTD is due to the RAM not being properly flushed, where the system doesn't clean out the RAM properly after playing games for an extended amount of time, resulting in hang-ups and kick-outs.

The issue itself stems from the less than effective way the Xbox One handles memory management with caching data through the RAM. Given that 3GB of the 8GB of RAM in the Xbox One is reserved for OS functions, the remaining 5GB can get zapped pretty quickly if you play multiple games and then power down the system by the controller button method. When you tell your Xbox to "turn off" or hold down controller button and turn it off with that method, it goes into sleep mode. In sleep mode, it does not reset the ram, and the Xbox One needs a flushing of the RAM of any game contents so that the Xbox One boots clean.
After quitting a game properly, Press and hold the XBOX button on the console until the light goes completely out. This will flush the RAM and most likely enable you to play the next game without CTD.

Konan
20-04-2018, 18:06
XBOne has 8GB and One X has 12 GB.

Likely enough, but why still the issue, and worst over time.

maybe there is a Memory Leak issue.

If I was major nelson, I would ask Genie to make all games playable on all consoles.

...and for free...:p

I added your further info on discord,relayed it to the devs and informed any Xbox user i know (which isn't many i'm affraid)

ShneebnaMRR108
20-04-2018, 19:15
...and for free...:p

I added your further info on discord,relayed it to the devs and informed any Xbox user i know (which isn't many i'm affraid)

Had to update the previous post because I don't think it's a leak, just the way XBox does it, and why it actually happens is in the updated post.

Seems simple enough, just brush after every meal. LOL

Konan
20-04-2018, 19:19
Had to update the previous post because I don't think it's a leak, just the way XBox does it, and why it actually happens is in the updated post.

Seems simple enough, just brush after every meal. LOL

No problem...i forwarded the link so they'll get the updated version once they click it :cool:

LukeC1991
20-04-2018, 19:45
Just loaded the game up without doing any of the above steps and all seems to still be ok after I cleared everything last night. For now, looking good :)

ShneebnaMRR108
20-04-2018, 20:23
Just loaded the game up without doing any of the above steps and all seems to still be ok after I cleared everything last night. For now, looking good :)

It would really be cool if the XBox had a resource monitor like the windows programs do on a PC. Then you could actually keep an eye on your memory use and just re-boot when you actually need to.

But, until then, I'll just do a 10 second power down after each game I play.

Oh yeah, I think most everyone knows this, but switch your xbox from instant on to energy saving mode.

NiteFlite504
21-04-2018, 01:01
Having the same issues with the game crashing every time I try to play online. Game freezes and brings me back to the dashboard. I also can't calibrate my G920. Brand new wheel. This game is pretty much unplayable for me right now. I'm honestly thinking of getting it for PS4 at this point.

NiteFlite504
21-04-2018, 01:09
Thanks for the info. Hopefully this will help.

Hammerpgh
21-04-2018, 01:17

It's definitely not 488 related for me add I've never driven that car but shook had the ctd when going to TT after the patch.

Juiced46
21-04-2018, 02:14
For the guys that were/are having issues. Are you using Instant On or Energy Save mode?

LukeC1991
21-04-2018, 08:30
For the guys that were/are having issues. Are you using Instant On or Energy Save mode?

I’ve never used instant on.

ShneebnaMRR108
21-04-2018, 14:13
Also, DON'T use the controller to turn off the console, use the "Hold the XBOX console button for 10 sec method" This will flush the RAM every time.

UPDATE: After so much of this that and the other work around's. One league I tried to participate in and was up to this point a dismal failure, was a success SAT night. No DC's and no CTD's. Everyone joined, practiced, qualified, and raced to the end.

The one comment that most were stating was that the rear end was slipping out drastically.

I was able to rectify that be adjusting the ARB's down from where they were in patch 4, and I noticed this on several cars including Indy, TC, GT3, and GTE.

I had tried adjusting everything else, and it took quite a while, but the ARB was the only thing that cured the issue.

bake73
25-04-2018, 20:24
After installing the new xbox firmware time trials are working for me.