PDA

View Full Version : Import PC1 to PC2

Poody
14-04-2018, 19:00
There are a lot of good custom skins made from Project Cars. Is there a way to import it to PC2? I really want the City car from Days of Thunder in PC2. I am looking into how to make it myself though with my 7 day free trial of Adobe Photoshop if not. Darren O'Brien is a fantastic skin creator for PC and I would love it if he could import them to PC2

Poody
14-04-2018, 19:01
Oh and another quick question (I'm still very new to this) This will work online right? Like the other online players will see it?

PostBox981
14-04-2018, 19:12
Oh and another quick question (I'm still very new to this) This will work online right? Like the other online players will see it?

Nope. The other guys will see a white body.

Reiche
14-04-2018, 20:08
Nope. The other guys will see a white body.

Won't they see whatever custom livery they have assigned for that car?

With regards to "porting" a livery: if the car is in both games, you can very likely use (a part of) the livery. The name of the custom livery files changed, but in most cases removing "_PLAYER" from the PC1 file name should be enough. Just have a look into Vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries and make sure the old file has the new, matching name before pasting the file into CustomLiveries folder.

(For now) You can only use the diffuse texture (named..._LIVERY_PLAYER.dds) in PC2 - no option for specular, fresnel, rim, etc textures at the moment. Still this should do the basic job in 90 of 100 cases.

PostBox981
15-04-2018, 13:05
Won't they see whatever custom livery they have assigned for that car?

You could be right there. Anyway, other people won´t see the custom livery you chose until accidentally they assigned the same.

Poody
16-04-2018, 21:39
Yes, confirmed! If it's the same car all you need to do is remove the _Player part of the name and save. Worked like a charm!

Stewy32
22-04-2018, 17:27
Yes, confirmed! If it's the same car all you need to do is remove the _Player part of the name and save. Worked like a charm!

Good to know.Also,welcome to the Project CARS Forums.