PDA

View Full Version : Setup suggestions

Dreamer11
16-04-2018, 15:49
Hi everybody. First of all forgive me for my low quality english :p
I got a Xbox One X and I'm very disappointed about the low graphic level:
Forza 7 runs 4k 60fps with high level rain and water reflections. Even the first Project cars, though 1080p was better!
I think that "High visual" should be 1080p 60 fps, and PC like visual effect like rain, reflections, AA and wide range shadows.
"High resolution" 4k 30fps and same as said before
"High fps" 4k 60fps and lower details
I bought the collector thinking that xbox1x version would be like a high end pc version, and I'm very disappointed about that.
SMS should refound giving for free the PC version....or working on a great optimisation.
I'm I wrong?
See you

Juiced46
16-04-2018, 22:23
Hi everybody. First of all forgive me for my low quality english :p
I got a Xbox One X and I'm very disappointed about the low graphic level:
Forza 7 runs 4k 60fps with high level rain and water reflections. Even the first Project cars, though 1080p was better!
I think that "High visual" should be 1080p 60 fps, and PC like visual effect like rain, reflections, AA and wide range shadows.
"High resolution" 4k 30fps and same as said before
"High fps" 4k 60fps and lower details
I bought the collector thinking that xbox1x version would be like a high end pc version, and I'm very disappointed about that.
SMS should refound giving for free the PC version....or working on a great optimisation.
I'm I wrong?
See you

An Xbox One X is never going to compare to a High end PC

Why should you be offered a refund?

The game is not 4K. It runs at 1440p.

In high resolution mode my game runs fine on my 4K HDR Projector and looks very good.....

Are you sure your display is setup properly and you are receiving 1440p?

Major Epidemic
17-04-2018, 06:09
I'm I wrong?

Yes.

nissan4ever
17-04-2018, 07:04
An Xbox One X is never going to compare to a High end PC

Why should you be offered a refund?

The game is not 4K. It runs at 1440p.

In high resolution mode my game runs fine on my 4K HDR Projector and looks very good.....

Are you sure your display is setup properly and you are receiving 1440p?

Resolution is 1620p
Visuals is 1440p
Framerate is 1080p

All 3 graphic flavors use dynamic scaling of the resolution for the sake of framerate.
:)

Zaskarspants
17-04-2018, 10:38
Resolution is 1620p
Visuals is 1440p
Framerate is 1080p

:)

And they scale a bit according to load so full grid looks a bit lower than small grid.

I think the graphics are lush on the xbx and whilst the pc can do better you would have to spend 2 to 3 x xbx on a pc to get a significant improvement ( thanks miners), surely that makes the xbx look like a bargain?

I am considering a PC when the 2080(?) nvidia is released and I know it will cost me.

Dreamer11
21-04-2018, 07:51
Ok, forget the PC version. Just compare Project cars 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X: 2160p-60fps and great water and body reflections (and a better Handling on rainy weather).
I just suggested a better setup. Refound? Just provocative!I've just bought the PC version (installing right now).

Juiced46
21-04-2018, 12:34
Ok, forget the PC version. Just compare Project cars 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X: 2160p-60fps and great water and body reflections (and a better Handling on rainy weather).
I just suggested a better setup. Refound? Just provocative!I've just bought the PC version (installing right now).

But you are comparing a 4K game to a non 4K game.....So yes, the 4K game will look better.

Also Pcars2 has more strain on the processor because of its handling model that is going on in the background vs Forza where you just bounce off cars to get around the track....

AbeWoz
21-04-2018, 12:41
Also, Turn10 (Forza 7 studio) is a Microsoft owned and funded studio. The game was developed FOR Xbox and then converted to be compatible for PC.
So all of the code structure, CPU processes, etc. was written/developed on and for the console.

pCARS2 was developed primarily on PC and has a much more realistic and complex physics model, tire model, weather, Time of Day, etc.

Dreamer11
21-04-2018, 14:45
You mean Project cars requires an higher CPU than Xbox got. Ok, reasonable.However PC version is Amazing!! And strangely PC version has a better gamepad optimisation than the console version :confused:
But still driving in the rain is lake driving a soap. I hope in a future patch to solve that.

Juiced46
21-04-2018, 16:01
You mean Project cars requires an higher CPU than Xbox got. Ok, reasonable.However PC version is Amazing!! And strangely PC version has a better gamepad optimisation than the console version :confused:
But still driving in the rain is lake driving a soap. I hope in a future patch to solve that.

Like mentioned, Pcars2 has a very complex physics model. So they cannot achieve a solid 4K resolution 60fps and the physics model. Forza can, like mentioned, they have the $$ from Microsoft for one, built by Microsoft, yes it looks nice. But physics realism is basic and nowhere on the level of Pcars2. Obviously PC can do it better.

I have no problems driving in the rain......

trading standards
22-04-2018, 15:11
Like mentioned, Pcars2 has a very complex physics model. So they cannot achieve a solid 4K resolution 60fps and the physics model. Forza can, like mentioned, they have the $$ from Microsoft for one, built by Microsoft, yes it looks nice. But physics realism is basic and nowhere on the level of Pcars2. Obviously PC can do it better.

I have no problems driving in the rain......

but most of the complex physics don't work? its no good having tyre data if you don't know how to interpret it and implement it so it correctly reflects what happens in real life.instead of just guessing and relying on players to tell you whats wrong.what happened to real teams (car) telemetry,real tyre telemetry?.and why have ice and all terrain tyres for cars that don't use them.sms need some help from tyre manufacturers and race teams on how to understand this data.can you imagine if all tyre manufacturers made tyres like sms lol there would be no cars on the road due to tyres not been able to get them too and from work.the games better than it was but still not the finished article we all expected but you need to walk before you can run.

Juiced46
22-04-2018, 15:14
but most of the complex physics don't work? its no good having tyre data if you don't know how to interpret it and implement it so it correctly reflects what happens in real life.instead of just guessing and relying on players to tell you whats wrong.what happened to real teams (car) telemetry,real tyre telemetry?.and why have ice and all terrain tyres for cars that don't use them.sms need some help from tyre manufacturers and race teams on how to understand this data.can you imagine if all tyre manufacturers made tyres like sms lol there would be no cars on the road due to tyres not been able to get them too and from work.the games better than it was but still not the finished article we all expected but you need to walk before you can run.

Care to elaborate on what does not work?

trading standards
22-04-2018, 15:20
tyres on invitationals on career ginnetta and porsche not lasting more than a few laps no matter what tyres you choose and pressures you use.

Juiced46
22-04-2018, 15:24
tyres on invitationals on career ginnetta and porsche not lasting more than a few laps no matter what tyres you choose and pressures you use.

I do not play much career but I will give the Ginetta a try since thats where I am at in career mode now. How many laps are we talking? 5, 10, 20? What tracks? All?

trading standards
22-04-2018, 15:33
not career but invitationals ginetta proving grounds and porsche proving grounds.

Juiced46
22-04-2018, 15:34
not career but invitationals ginetta proving grounds and porsche proving grounds.

Ok, I will give it a try when I have time

trading standards
22-04-2018, 15:41
the tyre models in career seem ok on all cars but in proving grounds its a whole new ball game. hope its just an oversight from sms that will be fixed in next patch.found that the game is much improved but work still to be done on parts to make it what it should be.im hanging in there for the long haul as i did with pc1

Juiced46
24-04-2018, 00:52

I dont see either of those in Invitationals? They are probably in Manufacturer drives which I did not unlock since I dont play career

Juiced46
24-04-2018, 02:21
Nevermind, I found it. It was not in Invitationals, it was in Manufacturer drives. I ran the Ginetta Proving grounds with Max laps. I did not go through tires at all by the end of the race, I had zero problems. Used the Stable setup with Soft slicks and had zero issues with tires. See picture below. Picture was taken last lap at the finish line.....

Also ran Ginetta in career in the rain. No problems with rain handling at all, car was very stable around the track.

trading standards
25-04-2018, 17:23
Nevermind, I found it. It was not in Invitationals, it was in Manufacturer drives. I ran the Ginetta Proving grounds with Max laps. I did not go through tires at all by the end of the race, I had zero problems. Used the Stable setup with Soft slicks and had zero issues with tires. See picture below. Picture was taken last lap at the finish line.....

Also ran Ginetta in career in the rain. No problems with rain handling at all, car was very stable around the track.

your pic is of dry conditions which works fine but proving grounds is in wet !!!!!.so without video that shows you actually racing proving grounds you comments don't carry any weight what so ever talk is cheap.anyone can post a cropped pic claiming anything!!!!!.lets face facts there are those of us that want the game to be all it can be and there are others that say the game is perfect which we all know is not the case.so people need to acknowledge this fact instead of telling us the ones that have hung on in there for this game that we are wrong.post your car and game setups and i will try them out.lets see if your right !!!

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 17:27
Wow so you are calling me a liar? You think I take my time to come out here and falsify info for my pleasure? Get over yourself buddy! This was Ginetta Proving grounds race, it was dry, you cannot change conditions. I dont know what to tell you. I raced Ginetta proving grounds just as you asked for. Maybe if you could maybe come on here, form a complete sentence, give us details. We can help. I ran the race you asked and this was the result......

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 17:35
Furthermore, I told you the setup I used.

Default Stable setup with Soft tires in Ginetta Proving Grounds in Manufacturer Drives.

I never said the game was perfect. But I cannot replicate your complaint. So keep screaming, Im done try to help you. Enjoy!

trading standards
25-04-2018, 17:36
not calling you a liar but there is so much contradicting info about this that its hard to believe anything without proof sorry if i offended you but you see all the contradicting info on forums and no one seems to be getting matching results using same hardware so its a bit miss leading without video to back up what your saying.again apologies if i offended you not what was meant.

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 17:38
I am telling you this is 100% Ginetta proving grounds end race screenshot. I have no reason to lie, I have nothing to benefit from lying.

Look at the other threads ive posted in trying to help others with issues. I am not here to say the game is not broken. I know there are problems. I am just saying I cannot replicate your issue....

trading standards
25-04-2018, 17:42
how can your proving grounds be dry and mine be wet? i know you cant change conditions on proving grounds that's kind off what i'm saying same game on xbox 1x different conditions ?stange don't you think .that i cant replicate your conditions.

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 17:43
how can your proving grounds be dry and mine be wet? i know you cant change conditions on proving grounds that's kind off what i'm saying same game on xbox 1x different conditions ?stange don't you think .

Maybe it is using Live weather and was raining at the time you played it and it wasnt when I played

trading standards
25-04-2018, 17:46
been on all weekend and most of today (30 hours ish)same every time wet.

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 18:24
Looks like its been raining there all weekend and for the next week according to weather sites...

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 18:25
https://youtu.be/aTUh9KxCBNQ cloudy but dry for these guys. Its gotta be the live weather.....