PDA

View Full Version : Why No Koenigsegg?

Poody
17-04-2018, 00:20
Does anyone know why this car isn't in the game, or for many other games for that matter? Last game I've seen it in was Horizon 2. Why is there no serious racing sims that has the car in the game, is the car not taken seriously??

AbeWoz
17-04-2018, 01:16
maybe they want a ridiculous amount of money to license the car, and devs don't want to pay for it

Sankyo
17-04-2018, 05:56
The devs have a finite amount of time, money and people, so they have to make choices. That's basically it :)

demand34
17-04-2018, 07:36
Does anyone know why this car isn't in the game, or for many other games for that matter? Last game I've seen it in was Horizon 2. Why is there no serious racing sims that has the car in the game, is the car not taken seriously??Another hypercar dream to drive under PC2 physics, as well as the Lykan, The Rimac, Koenigsegg One and Apollo Enraged, just to list a few of them.

A hypercar DLC would be much appreciated after the current season pass is done.

Azure Flare
17-04-2018, 12:45
The Lykan was in PCars 1, and I'm glad it stayed that way.

banner77amc
17-04-2018, 12:52
I'm going to email Christian and tell him to give the Devs a call...

Tank621
17-04-2018, 12:54
Does anyone know why this car isn't in the game, or for many other games for that matter? Last game I've seen it in was Horizon 2. Why is there no serious racing sims that has the car in the game, is the car not taken seriously??

I assume you gave up on Forza as they still have quite a few Koenigseggs in the latest few games, but nothing in any proper sim I don't think

Invincible
17-04-2018, 13:05
I'm going to email Christian and tell him to give the Devs a call...

If you have the private number of Christian von Koenigsegg, can you organise a test drive for me? :p

banner77amc
17-04-2018, 13:29
If you have the private number of Christian von Koenigsegg, can you organise a test drive for me? :p

I still haven't gotten my test drive, but once I get one I will ask for you ;) *All I have is a signed card from him thanking me for buying a hat.

BTW I have been following him and his progress since I was in high school and the Koenigsegg CC was first on the scene. Now they have trick rear suspensions for 1000+ hp cars, power to weight ratios that make you weep for joy, single drive transmissions, and carbon fibre everything!!!

demand34
17-04-2018, 15:06
The Lykan was in PCars 1, and I'm glad it stayed that way.why

AbeWoz
17-04-2018, 15:22
why

He, like myself, probably does not like road cars and feels that the dev team would rather spend the licensing budget on actual race cars.

Azure Flare
17-04-2018, 15:26
He, like myself, probably does not like road cars and feels that the dev team would rather spend the licensing budget on actual race cars.

Oh no, I just hated driving it. Road cars are fine.

McKiernan
17-04-2018, 16:49
Nevermind Koenigsegg, why no Saab? C'mon SMS make it so, ya know ya want to.

demand34
17-04-2018, 17:35
He, like myself, probably does not like road cars and feels that the dev team would rather spend the licensing budget on actual race cars.With the current street Tire model being so good?, well I feel the complete opposite way

Oh no, I just hated driving it. Road cars are fine.Lykan was one of those cars that properly tested your skills straight away, So would do one of these Koeniseggs, specially the Koni one. What so bad about that : - D

riverreveal
17-04-2018, 18:32
*All I have is a signed card from him thanking me for buying a hat.

If he goes to the lengths of sending signed cards for buying a hat, I can only imagine what he must send out when someone buys one of his cars!

Azure Flare
17-04-2018, 22:41
Lykan was one of those cars that properly tested your skills straight away, So would do one of these Koeniseggs, specially the Koni one. What so bad about that : - D

Oh, it tested something alright.

FS7
17-04-2018, 22:52
Why No Koenigsegg?
Maybe because it's hard to spell it? :P

LMGTP
18-04-2018, 13:39
As much as I like Keonigsegg but I prefer we get racecars. Keonigsegg is only good for straight line speed. If I want to see a Keonigsegg in the game it should be the CCGT.

banner77amc
18-04-2018, 14:38
I think the CCGT is about the closest thing we could possibly get. Even then I think we have a better chance to get the DeltaWing than a Koenigsegg.

Ossnott
18-04-2018, 15:24

I assume you gave up on Forza as they still have quite a few Koenigseggs in the latest few games, but nothing in any proper sim I don't think

Raceroom has one.

Poody
20-04-2018, 19:56
Is RR any good? I just purchased Iracing and I'm really liking it. I like that I can actually have a lobby of more than 10 people everytime I race. I'd be lucky to have 5 on PC2. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the career of the game, just wish the multiplayer was more game controlled instead of user controlled.

ELAhrairah
20-04-2018, 20:33
- why not K.I.T.T (Pontiac Firebird 1982)
- why not the original Batmobile (Lincoln Futura 1955)
- why not the Mazda 787b Rotary powered Le Mans winner
- why not the A-team 1983 GMC Vandura van
- why not....

Poody
21-04-2018, 07:32
- why not K.I.T.T (Pontiac Firebird 1982)
- why not the Mazda 787b Rotary powered Le Mans winner
- why not the A-team 1983 GMC Vandura van
- why not....

Why not take this stupid reply somewhere else?...

ELAhrairah
21-04-2018, 07:34
Why not take this stupid reply somewhere else?...

If my comment hurt your feelings, I did not mean it in a bad way.
Having said that, I would love to see KITT in this game.

dan2312
21-04-2018, 15:48
If my comment hurt your feelings, I did not mean it in a bad way.
Having said that, I would love to see KITT in this game.

you have a lot more chance of seeing KITT and the A-team van in that crap so-called sim racer called forza 7.

dan2312
21-04-2018, 15:50
Im glad koenigsegg is not in this game, i just see the cars as overpowered uncontrollable monsters. I haven't got the patience in taming and learning such a car.

ELAhrairah
21-04-2018, 15:52
Im glad koenigsegg is not in this game, i just see the cars as overpowered uncontrollable monsters. I haven't got the patience in taming and learning such a car.

Well thats why I want KITT. It's a self learning car.

FS7
21-04-2018, 23:34
There's a Batmobile in the game but instead of Batmobile they call it RWD P30 LMP1 Vulcan Racing for licensing reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p98lt63syTI

Video by forum user Stewy32 (AOR SmokingPuppy841 on Youtube).

Stewy32
22-04-2018, 12:51
There's a Batmobile in the game but instead of Batmobile they call it RWD P30 LMP1 Vulcan Racing for licensing reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p98lt63syTI

My video!Can I have credit on the post somewhere please.Channel name AOR SmokingPuppy841.

Goliathse
22-04-2018, 17:37
As much as I like Keonigsegg but I prefer we get racecars. Keonigsegg is only good for straight line speed. If I want to see a Keonigsegg in the game it should be the CCGT.

Haha, one of those guys.. It's bull mate :) Koenigsiegg has record set on Spa-Francor and will/could probably beat more.. The car has insanely good handling & stability including brake system.

Handcrafted car ftw, swedish gold right there.. Because it's the worlds fastest production car doesnt mean it can't take turns.. Check the Spa record video and the g-force it does in the turns :)

It beat Mclaren's P1 time by 5 seconds. =)

Stewy32
22-04-2018, 19:31
I would personally prefer race cars over anything else,but if the Koenisegg becomes Availiable then Koenisegg me up-I might do 3 corners and then go "I think I'll go back to LMP1"

demand34
23-04-2018, 08:02
Im glad koenigsegg is not in this game, i just see the cars as overpowered uncontrollable monsters. I haven't got the patience in taming and learning such a car.Well but that may be down to some clear lack of skill at taming these, what you call monsters, or maybe what you say about patience (you may be too used to drive easy GT cars).

Hypercars are the ultimate challenge. GT cars Ladies usually label them as death traps or undrivable monsters, but it's all just coming off either ignorance, fear, or the simple fact they can't drive them at all.

Koenisegg is a mandatory add to the hypercar Road A category, just like The Apollo Enraged and the Lykan, btw both dissapeared from the list when they were alreayd in pc1. Current Pirelli Street tire in pc2 demands this.

balderz002
23-04-2018, 12:14
Well but that may be down to some clear lack of skill at taming these, what you call monsters, or maybe what you say about patience (you may be too used to drive easy GT cars).

Hypercars are the ultimate challenge. GT cars Ladies usually label them as death traps or undrivable monsters, but it's all just coming off either ignorance, fear, or the simple fact they can't drive them at all.

Koenisegg is a mandatory add to the hypercar Road A category, just like The Apollo Enraged and the Lykan, btw both dissapeared from the list when they were already in pc1. Current Pirelli Street tire in pc2 demands this.

All of which is your subjective opinion. An opinion I for one do not adhere to.

Koenigsegg might be an essential in your mind, but possibly not for a business decision made by SMS.

LamboMantisMan23
23-04-2018, 12:19
Take a look at this :p :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54915-The-Chaos-Wizards-Project-CARS-2-Modding-Group&p=1503867&viewfull=1#post1503867

demand34
23-04-2018, 15:34
All of which is your subjective opinion. An opinion I for one do not adhere to.

Koenigsegg might be an essential in your mind, but possibly not for a business decision made by SMS.All opinions are subjective, even yours.

It's obvious that some specific cars were not included due to $$$ licensing reasons, but a car like the Koenisegg should be essential in any game that features hypercars, and it's needless to explain the why.

Even the Stig still fears this car hahah. Another huge reason for the car to be there

DonZmeuheu
24-04-2018, 14:40
Maybe because PC2 is a racing sim and a Koenigsegg is nothing else than a flamboyant Supercar or Hypercar. I have nothing against Koenigsegg at all, IMO they make some really serious cars but like I sayd Hypercars and not Racecars.

DonZmeuheu
24-04-2018, 15:43
@demand 34 Something is for sure...you know nothing about racing. I recommend you Shmee150 channel on youtube....thats where kiddies talk about cars:)

Stewy32
24-04-2018, 18:53
The only game that is made for road cars in particular that I play is Forza Horizon 3,which isn't meant to be a sim.I would love the Koenisegg in that but in this,no.

demand34
24-04-2018, 20:42
@demand 34 Something is for sure...you know nothing about racing. I recommend you Shmee150 channel on youtube....thats where kiddies talk about cars:)Feel free to feel offended at any time