PDA

View Full Version : World Time Attack setups

lenny555
17-04-2018, 08:12
Gday,

So im currently running in the World time attack with the fixed setups. When i go to the external site http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=1103

to view the ladder there are 2 plays that have an icon indicating the have a custom setup. How do i also do this? Is it possible?

Thanks

blinkngone
17-04-2018, 08:54
Gday,

So im currently running in the World time attack with the fixed setups. When i go to the external site http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=1103

to view the ladder there are 2 plays that have an icon indicating the have a custom setup. How do i also do this? Is it possible?

Thanks

Hi lenny555, I am reading that you are allowed to use Custom setups when it says "Any". Are you saying you are locked out of posting a run when you use yours?

lenny555
17-04-2018, 09:37
Hi lenny555, I am reading that you are allowed to use Custom setups when it says "Any". Are you saying you are locked out of posting a run when you use yours?

For me it only allows stable and loose and its greyed out.

blinkngone
17-04-2018, 09:59

Ok, well I guess that "any" doesn't really mean any then. It might just be a Leaderboard glitch then, there are many entries on the WMD Portal that show as Custom but are really Default, happens to me sometimes.

Renoldo1990
17-04-2018, 16:02
Overwriting the stable and loose setup in private Training-Session might enable custom Setups.

blinkngone
21-04-2018, 17:18

Ok, so now you have your Custom setup, were you able to improve your time much? Sorry, I can't remember your Default time.

Dameyon
30-04-2018, 22:56
When last has the world time attack points board been updated?

blinkngone
30-04-2018, 23:27
When last has the world time attack points board been updated?

What? The Time Attack race the OP is in the latest run was posted 4/29. Is that what you want to know?

This one? It looks dead, nothing since January but I don't know what I'm looking for, just clicking months.
https://www.projectcarsesports.com/worldtimeattack.html

Dameyon
07-05-2018, 15:21
What? The Time Attack race the OP is in the latest run was posted 4/29. Is that what you want to know?

This one? It looks dead, nothing since January but I don't know what I'm looking for, just clicking months.
https://www.projectcarsesports.com/worldtimeattack.html

Ye, on the site..it looks dead lol. Also relative to custom setups I use default but yet an icon appeared next to my time indicating I have a setup which I don't. Anyone else get this?

blinkngone
07-05-2018, 16:11
Ye, on the site..it looks dead lol. Also relative to custom setups I use default but yet an icon appeared next to my time indicating I have a setup which I don't. Anyone else get this?

Hey Daymeon, sometimes there is a glitch in regular Time Trial that also shows Custom when Default has been used so TT World Events could be affected. In the OP's case he wanted to use a Custom setup so Renoldo gave him a work around which he used. Which event was that? I can't find you in the Nurburgring 24 Showdown which is the most recent. Cluck usually just runs Default and in this case his shows Custom so you could ask him.

Dameyon
07-05-2018, 23:12
This is the world time attack, I'm placed in USA (Masters). Thanks for the response, greatly appreciate it. I haven't tried at the Nurburgring as yet. Not sure if I will get time to before it ends.

blinkngone
08-05-2018, 00:28
Ok, I can find 2 USA Masters. The open one is with the Ford GTE at Spa. The few showing Custom makes me think it is a glitch even though the driver currently in 1st shows custom. The other USA Masters(closed) was with the Ferrari F50 at Hockenheim National and the frequency of runs labeled custom is so small I think these too are just glitches.

The fast guys in TT haven't run the World Time Attack challenge yet, it's open until the end of the month. If they do expect the lead times to be reduced over a second and a half to the low 2:12's.

I take it back about the custom setups, I checked the 488 Challenge and they are almost all custom setups so I know nothing, or less. I found more with customs. The problem is so many events are already finished with no entries I just had not checked in enough places, sorry.

I guess in the Time Attack you are supposed to run by "Regions"? If this excludes people to their own region than maybe the USA times are safe. The EU guys are already in the 2:11s.

Oh well, the USA group drivers are at least not the slowest of the regions. I have an additional excuse to add to my bag of excuses now, I am not that fast because I am from a slow region.;):p:(

pferreirag60
08-05-2018, 16:06
Im not sure, but I think if you change any of the default setups (Stable or loose) and save with the same name, than in time trial or even in the challenge, you will use the one that you used the last time.

Dameyon
10-05-2018, 11:27
Ok, I can find 2 USA Masters. The open one is with the Ford GTE at Spa. The few showing Custom makes me think it is a glitch even though the driver currently in 1st shows custom. The other USA Masters(closed) was with the Ferrari F50 at Hockenheim National and the frequency of runs labeled custom is so small I think these too are just glitches.

The fast guys in TT haven't run the World Time Attack challenge yet, it's open until the end of the month. If they do expect the lead times to be reduced over a second and a half to the low 2:12's.

I take it back about the custom setups, I checked the 488 Challenge and they are almost all custom setups so I know nothing, or less. I found more with customs. The problem is so many events are already finished with no entries I just had not checked in enough places, sorry.

I guess in the Time Attack you are supposed to run by "Regions"? If this excludes people to their own region than maybe the USA times are safe. The EU guys are already in the 2:11s.

Oh well, the USA group drivers are at least not the slowest of the regions. I have an additional excuse to add to my bag of excuses now, I am not that fast because I am from a slow region.;):p:(

Lol Copper Piston is actually me if you check my footnotes I have all my gamer tags for all my systems there lol. Thanks for trying to look into it and help me figure this out. I reached out to the staff who told me it's actually something they know about but it doesn't affect anything, the cars are still using default setups. They didn't give an explanation why it occurs and I didn't ask although I am a bit curious.
Relative to the EU West guys' times....WOW lolol this is something I have noticed as well lol..I have to go back at it but so far when I tried I am in the 2:13s...they're really quick I would be interested to know what equipment they use especially pedals but I for sure observed a lot of them use external view i'm not sure if they use it all the time or just to acclimatize to a track but I have seen a mixture but the fastest are usually external and I can see how seeing more would slow things down for an individual making them quicker. Over all it's using what is available to you to the best of your ability and putting in some meaningful practice. I find what helps me is watching track guides, real world laps of the track.

blinkngone
10-05-2018, 13:18
Lol Copper Piston is actually me if you check my footnotes I have all my gamer tags for all my systems there lol. Thanks for trying to look into it and help me figure this out. I reached out to the staff who told me it's actually something they know about but it doesn't affect anything, the cars are still using default setups. They didn't give an explanation why it occurs and I didn't ask although I am a bit curious.
Relative to the EU West guys' times....WOW lolol this is something I have noticed as well lol..I have to go back at it but so far when I tried I am in the 2:13s...they're really quick I would be interested to know what equipment they use especially pedals but I for sure observed a lot of them use external view i'm not sure if they use it all the time or just to acclimatize to a track but I have seen a mixture but the fastest are usually external and I can see how seeing more would slow things down for an individual making them quicker. Over all it's using what is available to you to the best of your ability and putting in some meaningful practice. I find what helps me is watching track guides, real world laps of the track.

Ok, well thanks for confirming it is just a glitch, I thought I was about to go crazy.

Well, I know an aussie player who complains about their lousy internet provider(I think they have a choice of one) and the US has notoriously poor internet capability so that might have something to do with the USA being slower than EU so I can make that addition to my excuse bag as well.;)