PDA

View Full Version : Good buy pc

Gizmundos
18-04-2018, 21:04
I have spend money in this game, cockpit etc and the result is idiots in the game, mean human in the same way like years before. No change, instantly crashing in to you, just damaging everything. no reason to stay, ai have more brain., foff now

Konan
18-04-2018, 21:27
That is not the game's fault now is it?
Maybe you should try league racing or private lobbies?

poirqc
18-04-2018, 21:40
I thought this was a thread about buying advices for a PC.

hehe

Raklodder
18-04-2018, 21:48
You can't blame the game for players misbehaving on the track.

pferreirag60
19-04-2018, 15:15
I feel the same as you, but not fault of the game. Just that many imbecils bought pcars2. Because of that, only AI for me.

banner77amc
19-04-2018, 15:25
And I think of all the racing AI out there this is the most worthy racing AI around. I just wish they would sneer at me as I hard brake on the inside corner to pass them.

Gav88888
19-04-2018, 17:47
Buy or bye?

However public lobbies have always and will always be like that in any racing game, but league/club races are clean and great fun.

Seems OP is rather immature, or is that immater?

Smoked_Cheddar
19-04-2018, 19:29
PvP in MMO's is unbalanced, public online lobbies for racing people are jerks, shooters have the same problems they've always had i'm sure (I don't play shooters). I do league racing, or race the AI.

You can polish a game to a perfect shine but you can't take the human element out of them being jerks.

Flat-6
19-04-2018, 19:32
I thought this was a thread about buying advices for a PC.

hehe

Me too! :)

Konan
19-04-2018, 19:48
PvP in MMO's is unbalanced, public online lobbies for racing people are jerks, shooters have the same problems they've always had i'm sure (I don't play shooters). I do league racing, or race the AI.

You can polish a game to a perfect shine but you can't take the human element out of them being jerks.

Yes venturing online sometimes can be awuf...

Ossnott
19-04-2018, 20:00
Create lobbies with S, A, B, or C license, problem solved.
No guarantee that accidents won't happen,but I'm pretty safe to say that they won't be on purpose.

If you have crashers in a race they normaly have a E or F license.
(If I see players in a server that have silver and gold and haven't past D licence, I leave imediatly!)

Poody
20-04-2018, 19:59
Go play Iracing if you are looking to seriously get into sim racing. That game will heavily penalize you for hitting someone, get so many accidents and the game will kick you from the lobby.

davidt33
20-04-2018, 21:40
I came looking to see if he was offering a good buy for his PC myself.

g.stew
20-04-2018, 21:57
So, what is a good buy pc right now anyway? I haven't built a new system in a couple of years so I haven't really been following things.

Are current cpu's at a good price point or are we waiting for the next generation or a new cycle on the current gen?

What about video cards? I've seen a few mentions about the pricing and availability of gpu's being too high right now because of demand for bitcoin mining. Is this expected to get better anytime soon?

Keena
20-04-2018, 22:32
CoffeeLake is looking interesting ;)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/04/03/intel-announces-nine-new-coffee-lake-8th-gen-desktop-cpus-twice-as-many-cores-for-less-cash/amp/

Andy Rink
21-04-2018, 01:43
I'm still working on skills to race clean. You should realize generations of us have been taught with arcade-type games to smash our way around every corner, do whatever to come in first within 3 minutes (Shift anyone?). For now I just race AI, I'm working on it though.

Shift actually was my first thing remotely close to a sim. Then shift 2, now pcars 1 and 2. I'm getting better but have a ways to go.For buy PC, I'm planning on an i5-8600k, 16GB RAM.

TorTorden
21-04-2018, 06:46
So, what is a good buy pc right now anyway? I haven't built a new system in a couple of years so I haven't really been following things.

Are current cpu's at a good price point or are we waiting for the next generation or a new cycle on the current gen?

What about video cards? I've seen a few mentions about the pricing and availability of gpu's being too high right now because of demand for bitcoin mining. Is this expected to get better anytime soon?

Pretty sure the Bitcoin and mining market has crashed already.
Even seeing 1080's in stock at my local dealer, but the production on the 1080ti's are still and always has been low.
And just checked. Seeing at least three mining rigs for sale keep an eye out and you can pick up a 1080ti for the price of a 1070 or less soon.
As for new hardware yet to be launched.

Nvidia expect to launch the next series in q3.
Amd is about to release the Ryzen 2, most likely a tuning on the current, possibly a slight increase in clocks some new boards. All good stuff but nothing revolutionary.

Intel, haven't really heard much since the release of the 8 series.
But this is what I myself chose. Amd's chipsets seemed a bit buggy for me and I don't need the extra pci-e lanes. And especially the new i5 8600k is a good deal.
It is able to compete directly with the i7 7700k which was a full tier above it.

As for the announcement above. If choosing Intel.
I wouldn't recommend anyone not getting a k processor and at least the i5 8600k.
Pcars2 uses a significant amount of CPU, like most new titles.
The announcement of the locked multiplier cpu's, are big news in the finance sectors of course, since that's the chips going into all those office computer terminals.

As for Ryzen. Well Ryzen does very well because it is a solid competitor to Intel.
And the 1600/1700 are phenomenal value for money.

cluck
21-04-2018, 11:03

Gizmundos
21-04-2018, 18:34
Just for clarification guys, i was really pissed when I wrote this post for known reason. Thing is when I go to lobby, most of people drive U class, there are many times 30 in a race but of course with crashers. Many is locked by host I don't don't know how to get there, and the rest is spread in other lobbies so you can have a race with 2 drivers. There's not too many people at a time online to be honest. and I have no friends at all so I don't know how to get into a league.
Race with AI is't fun like with people for sure.
And sorry for that BUY

g.stew
21-04-2018, 18:57
Just for clarification guys, i was really pissed when I wrote this post for known reason. Thing is when I go to lobby, most of people drive U class, there are many times 30 in a race but of course with crashers. Many is locked by host I don't don't know how to get there, and the rest is spread in other lobbies so you can have a race with 2 drivers. There's not too many people at a time online to be honest. and I have no friends at all so I don't know how to get into a league.
And sorry for that BUY

Have you tried the Multiplayer Forum (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?143-Multiplayer)? There are lots of posts over there for leagues.

And hey, if we turn this into an actual PC good buy thread, there will be more players to play with on PC;). There have already been a few helpful recommendations, so something good has come from it.

poirqc
21-04-2018, 19:02
And sorry for that BUY

Don't be sorry. It's the exact reasons the thread was taken lightly! :)

The op read like gibberish while this one's better articulated. Everyone here went through that at some point. Online is a hit or miss in public lobbies. It's either a hearth pounding fun race or you get rammed and it frustrating.

But back on topic. There's lots of good trick in the multiplayer section of this forum. But here's a short list:

When going from U to F,E,etc...
Focus on safety first.
Run at 90% 95% of your capacity.
In a position to overtakes, follow the guy in front closely for some turns, before going for it.
Avoid GT3. Try to find or host slower classes.
Send steam invite to racer who you had clean fight with.
*Create lobbies with damage.

If you follow those advices, you should get out of U in no time.

*: This one is a double edged sword. It'll take out those that aren't carefull on track. You could also end up being part of a wreck and have to go repair in the pit. It'll cost you the race for sure, but your safety rating will go up anyway, if you finish the race.

As soon as you'll have couple steam pCars racers in your list, you'll build respect with them. They'll join you when you invite them. It's a rolling thing. The more you know, the more you can invite, the cleaner the race is.

You'll be able to race without joining a league.

Have fun! :D

Edit - Might be helpfull for you to change the thread title to something like seeking multiplayer advice. We probably made all the PC buying advices jokes we could already! :D

Gizmundos
21-04-2018, 19:12
Thanks for your advice all of you.. Yes I was searching online before all this happened, I was in E class in couple of races, it wasn't so hard to get there.
I take a deep breath and I'll try again.
See you down there

Konan
21-04-2018, 19:27
And sorry for that BUY

you can start here mate:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60078-PCARS-2-League-Directory-*Will-Update*

Also,if you follow the link in the next one there are plenty of people over there willing to race in various classes...
Their motto is actually to drive clean

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62351-Leagues-leagues-leagues&p=1494908&viewfull=1#post1494908

davidt33
21-04-2018, 20:27
Thanks for your advice all of you.. Yes I was searching online before all this happened, I was in E class in couple of races, it wasn't so hard to get there.
I take a deep breath and I'll try again.
See you down there
Notwithstanding the "buy" jokes which were all made in good fun bro, some good advice from fellow members on this thread about improving your safety rating and such.... Especially when you feel confident enough to race fairly cleanly with others joining a private lobby (or two) with cleaner racers. We were all in your shoes before and at one time I was at "U" rating for the longest while I thought I would never move from "U" and it was getting me most depressed also. I am now at "A". Not the fastest rabbit in the group but through consistent and more regularly racing in private lobbies I soon found my safety rating was rising which also put a smile on my face.

An additional advice I gave before to increase your safety rating was to "Create Online Event-Create custom multiplayer races" (This is in the menu "QUICK PLAY" to the bottom right of Private Testing).
....Make sure you select "Rating" to "On". This is something you can do on your own.
Set it to "Private" in your "Host" section settings. (You can always set it to "Public" later.
....About 12 racers (give or take....all up to you)....Amount of "Human Drivers" to 1.....and select fill rest with AI drivers.
.... Adjust Drivers Skill/Abilty to suit (start off with lower settings before you get more ambitious.
....Amount of Laps for Race: 12 or so (all up to you)
.....For Cars....You can select "Identical" or "Same Class" or whatever. I usually choose "Same Class".
.....Choice of Race time and Weather again is your choice.

Do some of the above and you will see your safety rating and also experience improve. Thank me later.
Online Private Lobby racing with others will fall in line quite nicely.
Cheers and happy racing.

breyzipp
22-04-2018, 08:54
I'm a big fan of RPG games, shooters, racing games both arcade and sim but the only game I play PvP is Hearthstone. I think that says enough. :)

Gizmundos
22-04-2018, 20:55
Notwithstanding the "buy" jokes which were all made in good fun bro, some good advice from fellow members on this thread about improving your safety rating and such.... Especially when you feel confident enough to race fairly cleanly with others joining a private lobby (or two) with cleaner racers. We were all in your shoes before and at one time I was at "U" rating for the longest while I thought I would never move from "U" and it was getting me most depressed also. I am now at "A". Not the fastest rabbit in the group but through consistent and more regularly racing in private lobbies I soon found my safety rating was rising which also put a smile on my face.

An additional advice I gave before to increase your safety rating was to "Create Online Event-Create custom multiplayer races" (This is in the menu "QUICK PLAY" to the bottom right of Private Testing).
....Make sure you select "Rating" to "On". This is something you can do on your own.
Set it to "Private" in your "Host" section settings. (You can always set it to "Public" later.
....About 12 racers (give or take....all up to you)....Amount of "Human Drivers" to 1.....and select fill rest with AI drivers.
.... Adjust Drivers Skill/Abilty to suit (start off with lower settings before you get more ambitious.
.....For Cars....You can select "Identical" or "Same Class" or whatever. I usually choose "Same Class".

Do some of the above and you will see your safety rating and also experience improve. Thank me later.
Cheers and happy racing.

Thanks, this works just perfect, no point loosing just gaining points from clean driving!

davidt33
22-04-2018, 21:28
Thanks, this works just perfect, no point loosing just gaining points from clean driving!
Glad to help. Works famously.
Nice thing about setting up that "Create Online Event" too is when you go through the various sections for creating the event you get so much more familiar about hosting an online event or lobby, private or public, and all the settings associated. It helped me understand so much more. I didn't have a clue how others did it before I started creating them.
When you go through the various hosting sections, pause and take note of the parameters. Quite educational.

Gav88888
25-04-2018, 14:29

Cheers and happy racing.

I used to do this on the XB just for practise really as online used to handle a bit different to offline at the time, but I didn't notice my rating going up, but through a lot of consistency and clean racing I worked up to a B right now, but now I have moved to PC so need to start again, now an F. I might try this later to see if it helps boost my rating back to a B.

davidt33
25-04-2018, 17:16
I used to do this on the XB just for practise really as online used to handle a bit different to offline at the time, but I didn't notice my rating going up, but through a lot of consistency and clean racing I worked up to a B right now, but now I have moved to PC so need to start again, now an F. I might try this later to see if it helps boost my rating back to a B.
I can confirm the rating takes effect. Remember you're still creating an online event via "Create Online Event". Just double-check in the respective hosting section to turn "RATING" to ON. The rating will take effect dependant on the number of races you do.