PDA

View Full Version : Replays only save 40mins

danjbirch
18-04-2018, 21:14
Race in AOR GT3 every week. Hour long race, every time I save the replay it only saves the first 30-40 mins. Other league racers saying exactly the same despite me deleting all other replays. So frustrating, just had a classic battle at end of race and no replay to share.

Renoldo1990
18-04-2018, 21:47
Same for me.

We have a Thread on this topic since November 2017: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57111-Replay-saving-bug-on-PS4-smaller-than-1-GB-but-cut-off

wyldanimal
19-04-2018, 03:10
SMS needs to Get a hold of the Replay Programmers from PDI..
On Gran Turismo Sport, I have a couple 24 Hour Long Races, Yes a full 24 hours Saved in some of my Replay files.
And they Play back Smooth as Silk..

And the File Size is very Small, Like 384 Megs

So PDI is only saving Raw Telemetry Data.
If There is something that could be learned, a way to Improve the Technology they are currently using, they should find out how this is being done.

mea_culpa
19-04-2018, 08:54
SMS needs to Get a hold of the Replay Programmers from PDI..
On Gran Turismo Sport, I have a couple 24 Hour Long Races, Yes a full 24 hours Saved in some of my Replay files.
And they Play back Smooth as Silk..

And the File Size is very Small, Like 384 Megs

So PDI is only saving Raw Telemetry Data.
If There is something that could be learned, a way to Improve the Technology they are currently using, they should find out how this is being done.

In addition to the limit on replay duration (I suppose due to 1GB size reached) the GUI to handle replays needs to be improved. In an era where everything is thought bo be smart (easy to use, easy to handle) I didn't yet understand the logic used by SMS on making almost everything complicated in the game providing a so unfriendly GUI to handle an easy feature such as replays (made by few controls such as, rewind, forward, change camera view and car). Is so difficult to improve the GUI allowing to handle replays using PAD keys not needing to open a menu, move on that, select the proper control (e.g. change camera view), press X button and finally close the menu? Not to mention that the focused icon is very very hard to see even in my 55" TV (a blue rectangle almost 1 pixel width around the control icon). Rewind and forward hot keys are available with L2 and R2 (no need to open a menu to select them). It's enough to add hot keys for camera view (e.g. square button) and car selection (e.g. DPAD UP/DOWN) and voilą replay handling finally easy to use. Change camera view hot key is available during a race or watching a race but missing in replay (where it should be a must to have).
I know that the current GUI replay handling cannot be considered a bug, but overal all such kind of unfriendly features make users bored or even frustraiting. I hope SMS will consider such kind of easy to implement improvement on the next patches.

maxx69
20-04-2018, 07:58
You can save the last hours gameplay using the share button.
This is helpful but doesn't detract from the fact we should be able to save the whole replay .
We use the replays in our league for stewards to see an incident from all angles and often run championship races well over an hour . This obviously makes stewarding very difficult trying to make a decision based on someone's POV video.

wyldanimal
23-04-2018, 20:48
You can save the last hours gameplay using the share button.
This is helpful but doesn't detract from the fact we should be able to save the whole replay .
We use the replays in our league for stewards to see an incident from all angles and often run championship races well over an hour . This obviously makes stewarding very difficult trying to make a decision based on someone's POV video.

The Share is a single Drivers View.
It's not a replay..

maxx69
24-04-2018, 08:09
I know mate ....that's why I said its a pov replay (point of view) but it's helpful to know if you weren't aware of this function .
I'm fully behind getting the replay function sorted for the reasons in my op .
Our league races are normally no less than 80mins .

wyldanimal
25-04-2018, 23:08
Been wanting to compose this Since the Replay limit Issue was First mentioned.
Just never got around to it..
Here is a short video that demonstrates No Limits to the GT Sport replay files.
15 minute Replay = 31MB
18 hour Replay = 516MB
23 hour Replay = 654MB
22 hour Replay = 626MB
13 hour Replay = 332MB
2 1/2 hour Replay = 60MB.
and a short video of how you can Pause the replay at any point, and use a camera to Walk around the car or cars.
jumped ahead to 1h and 33 minutes, Paused the replay, then walked a camera around the car.

Only a 1 minute 32 second clip

https://youtu.be/EWkuzysiQHE

Now, PDI is not perfect.
you Only Have Rvs, or Fwd in 10 second jumps.. wtf

But, the replay's are 30 fps, and just as smooth as the race event it was recorded from.

PDI could also Learn a thing or two..
How about a time line that you can put the cursor on, and Jump to the Time in the replay..
this 10 seconds per jump is a Pain..

SMS, please..
Improve your Replay system...
we Know you can make it better...

mea_culpa
26-04-2018, 13:32
Been wanting to compose this Since the Replay limit Issue was First mentioned.
Just never got around to it..
Here is a short video that demonstrates No Limits to the GT Sport replay files.
15 minute Replay = 31MB
18 hour Replay = 516MB
23 hour Replay = 654MB
22 hour Replay = 626MB
13 hour Replay = 332MB
2 1/2 hour Replay = 60MB.
and a short video of how you can Pause the replay at any point, and use a camera to Walk around the car or cars.
jumped ahead to 1h and 33 minutes, Paused the replay, then walked a camera around the car.

Only a 1 minute 32 second clip

https://youtu.be/EWkuzysiQHE

Now, PDI is not perfect.
you Only Have Rvs, or Fwd in 10 second jumps.. wtf

But, the replay's are 30 fps, and just as smooth as the race event it was recorded from.

PDI could also Learn a thing or two..
How about a time line that you can put the cursor on, and Jump to the Time in the replay..
this 10 seconds per jump is a Pain..

SMS, please..
Improve your Replay system...
we Know you can make it better...

That kind of replays should be the proper implementation, but I don't think we will ever see even few improvements to current implementation. After 7 months, replays didn't receive any knid of improvement (as I said in my previous reply, even hot keys mapping should be a good improvement)

simsimsheree
01-05-2018, 21:18
Must admit, getting a bit tired of the stony silence from the devs of late. And mods doing their best to excuse the inexcusable (no, it's not a PS4 limitation if PC1 didn't have it!).

I wonder what the response time to this issue would have been if it had affected the PC community? :cower: