PDA

View Full Version : T300 GTE Paddle Shifter Issue

ControllerNoob
22-04-2018, 12:55
Hello, I seem to be having an issue with shifting down in PC2 and I suspect that the problem is with the game and not my wheel or console.

Let's say I'm entering a hard braking zone where I need to go down from 6th gear to 1st, pressing the left paddle shifter on my wheel shifts down perfectly from 6th to 2nd, but not from 2nd to 1st, it often skips my input and I have to press it again in order for the car to shift down to 1st.

This issue is only from 2nd gear to 1st, and not any other sequence, which is very frustrating because at this moment I'm pretty much focused on turning into the corner and not on the telemetry and I find my self understeering because I am in taking a 1st gear turn in 2nd, in tracks like Long Beach that means 9/10 you will meet the wall and you're race is pretty much over :(

I try to keep an eye on the telemetry on the bottom right but it's very distracting.

Thanks in advance :)

PocketZeven
22-04-2018, 13:26
Hello, I seem to be having an issue with shifting down in PC2 and I suspect that the problem is with the game and not my wheel or console.

Let's say I'm entering a hard braking zone where I need to go down from 6th gear to 1st, pressing the left paddle shifter on my wheel shifts down perfectly from 6th to 2nd, but not from 2nd to 1st, it often skips my input and I have to press it again in order for the car to shift down to 1st.

This issue is only from 2nd gear to 1st, and not any other sequence, which is very frustrating because at this moment I'm pretty much focused on turning into the corner and not on the telemetry and I find my self understeering because I am in taking a 1st gear turn in 2nd, in tracks like Long Beach that means 9/10 you will meet the wall and you're race is pretty much over :(

I try to keep an eye on the telemetry on the bottom right but it's very distracting.

Thanks in advance :)

I suspect it is downshift protection. You are probably shifting down too fast.Downshifting into too high revs will damage the engine/gearbox. Perhaps you should brake a a bit harder or the take the corner in 2nd.

Minimitch
22-04-2018, 14:37
Yeah sounds like downshift protection to me, if you haven't slowed sufficiently for the corner then the revs will be too high to drop down into 1st, you may want to try breaking earlier and seeing if the issue remains

Pisshead30
29-04-2018, 18:12
Slightly off topic but its a question regarding my t300rs gt edition wheel. do I need to go online on a laptop etc and update the wheel or does it update through my ps4 pro?

Daz555
29-04-2018, 22:14
Slightly off topic but its a question regarding my t300rs gt edition wheel. do I need to go online on a laptop etc and update the wheel or does it update through my ps4 pro?
Firmware updates can be done from a Windows PC only.

Pisshead30
29-04-2018, 23:44
Firmware updates can be done from a Windows PC only.

Where can I find these?

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-04-2018, 23:56
Where can I find these?

You should find everything that you need here -

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rsgtedition-en/

Pisshead30
30-04-2018, 00:07
so is it recommended I do these updates even though I use the wheel for a ps4 pro and not a PC. Excuse my ignorance but this is my first ever wheel lol

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-04-2018, 00:28
so is it recommended I do these updates even though I use the wheel for a ps4 pro and not a PC. Excuse my ignorance but this is my first ever wheel lol

Yeah, firmware updates should be done regardless of which platform you use the wheel on.

Firmware reprograms the wheel itself with new features, improved functionality etc while the raw drivers are a peripheral/PC only interface. It is a bit confusing as, these days, firmware and drivers usually come as one package... so you need to install the PC drivers then hook your wheel up to a PC and then run the driver interface in order to update the firmware as well.

It is always recommended to update the firmware as soon as new version is released.

simsimsheree
01-05-2018, 20:43
And if you have a Mac.... best of luck, mate!

Djuvinile
03-05-2018, 14:11
And if you have a Mac.... best of luck, mate!

This is the most annoying thing ever. why wouldnt thrustmaster make ios drivers? i litterally have to take my wheel of my rig and go to a friend or parents house to update my wheel, only because i dont like microsoft.

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 07:03
This is the most annoying thing ever. why wouldnt thrustmaster make ios drivers? i litterally have to take my wheel of my rig and go to a friend or parents house to update my wheel, only because i dont like microsoft.

Well iOS drivers wouldn't help those of us with a Mac, LOL Or did you mean OSX drivers?

Do Thrustmaster make an Android version of the console? I guess it might be simple to do the update from an iPhone, but you'd at least need the Camera Connection Kit, wouldn't you?