PDA

View Full Version : Xbox OS update.

Zaskarspants
25-04-2018, 09:28
My xbx updated today.

New sounds, 1440p monitor support with freesync, and the best one for me, the xbx now switches my tv to game mode automatically, I often forget to turn it on buried as it is in a weird menu on my telly.

Tank621
25-04-2018, 11:46
Have they completed rearranged the dashboard again?

bluesky0870
25-04-2018, 15:54
Have they completed rearranged the dashboard again?

Yes, l had to set all graphic settings like background picture, colour scheme again. But l got that update a few (2 or 3) weeks ago.

Juiced46
25-04-2018, 22:32
I got the update last night. I did not have to change anything. Everything stayed as it was and it added the new video options in settings.

Jezza819
26-04-2018, 15:16
I got the update last night. I did not have to change anything. Everything stayed as it was and it added the new video options in settings.

I guess I got it also but it didn't notify me that it updated. But after I finished with the game all of the pings and noises it makes when changing menus sounded different.

Juiced46
26-04-2018, 17:37
I guess I got it also but it didn't notify me that it updated. But after I finished with the game all of the pings and noises it makes when changing menus sounded different.

I had to manually run the update. I do have different sounds, but didnt have to go and do anything like reset backgrounds, themes etc like blue mentioned.

bluesky0870
26-04-2018, 18:14
I had to manually run the update. I do have different sounds, but didnt have to go and do anything like reset backgrounds, themes etc like blue mentioned.

The update resetted the colour scheme to that lovely green as well as the chat bubbles, deleted my AC Origins background picture and replaced it with a grey coloured nothing.
But as mentioned l received the update earlier at the end of March/ beginning of April. Maybe because I am member in the preview program since February, but on a lower level.

Jezza819
26-04-2018, 19:07

Yeah everything visually was exactly the same, it was just the menu noises.

Juiced46
26-04-2018, 22:51
The update resetted the colour scheme to that lovely green as well as the chat bubbles, deleted my AC Origins background picture and replaced it with a grey coloured nothing.
But as mentioned l received the update earlier at the end of March/ beginning of April. Maybe because I am member in the preview program since February, but on a lower level.

Interesting, I did not have to do any of that. I manually did my update, so I am not quite sure when it was actually available. I wonder if US and UK get different versions maybe?

bluesky0870
26-04-2018, 23:17
Interesting, I did not have to do any of that. I manually did my update, so I am not quite sure when it was actually available. I wonder if US and UK get different versions maybe?

The regular official update usually arrive at the same time, within a few hours/days. Except of the preview program users who are getting them earlier (as a kind of beta testers who give feedback). But how much earlier I can't tell you. Especially there are alpha members, beta members and whatnot.
I think it is more theft of time than achieving. On the other hand you also get games every now and then to test in alpha or beta phase too.

Edit: I found a link to the dashboard reset problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7kftml/who_elses_personalized_color_on_the_dashboard_has/

So it seems to be a known problem.

chappers2711
28-04-2018, 16:38
so basically another very minor, almost useless 'patch' losing faith that this game will ever be worth the money spent on it

bluesky0870
28-04-2018, 16:55
so basically another very minor, almost useless 'patch' losing faith that this game will ever be worth the money spent on it

You shouldn't mix up the game internal patches and the Xbox operating system updates.
First ones haven't fixed the game so far and brought up some new issues. Last ones have slight to none influence on the existing bugs of the game.

julia-6
17-05-2018, 23:21
XBL patches do nothing but use more of your system's memory and processing. It's part of planned obsolescence.

Juiced46
18-05-2018, 00:51
XBL patches do nothing but use more of your system's memory and processing. It's part of planned obsolescence.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard lol